PDA

View Full Version : Is this a new MM?

britcit3
10-24-2001, 12:37 PM
EP 2 SPOILER WARNING

You may have seen the new packing for the Hasbro Obi Wan figure - see pic.

But what else is in the pack - is it a ship or some kind of droid?

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
10-24-2001, 01:14 PM
once ya start, ya can't quit!

looks like we'll start having to collect potj crap if we wann git new mm's:mad:

np: pil - disapointed

jeddah
10-24-2001, 01:18 PM
POTJ, crap?

"I think you underestimate the line!" ;) Have you not seen the Neimoidian EP1 figs? Apart from Nute's unfortunate hand position, they're superdetailed face-wise. I just wish they wouldn't make the feet longer than the cloaked or caped figures. (DS being the exception)

jeddah

good shot jansen
10-24-2001, 03:32 PM
and if i'm to buy potj stuff so's i can get some new micro machines (which he plays with always!), i'll be knee deep in toys which will not be played with.:(

maybe hasbro is just trying to kick start interest in the mm sci fi line by including mm's in the potj stuff, which they know will sell cause of it's history of collectabillity. and maybe the demand will then grow for a separate mm line which will stand on it's own.

what i can't figure out, is that micro scaled toys have always sold well (matchbox, hotwheels, etc.). kids usally like to have alot of these guys, cause they're fun to paly with, don't take up alot of room, and are easily transportable.

i'm jes keepin' my fingers crossed that hasbro will release new micro machines, and not just action fleet.

np: aerosmith - dream on

LTBasker
10-24-2001, 11:28 PM
Actually, there is no confirmation that that is the final version of that pack, and I think it's more than likely just a droid or something. Look at the lightsaber, more than likely this is a prototype just made to show off the new packaging ideas. 'Course I'm probably the only person thinking everything in the image is just a prototipical version and not any type of final version....cept maybe Obi-Wan's head. :D

vulcantouch
10-24-2001, 11:52 PM
cuz compared to mms, it EEZ crap! "if it's not scottish, it's crrraapp!" :D
hey jdah, have You seen the potj duros? he's kinda cool & makes yer nimoydians look derivative :o
i agree w/gsj, we mm collectors'll have plenty of cause to resent any further lumpin in of mm with non-mm product :p

britcit3
10-25-2001, 02:40 AM
I hope it ain't a droid - although it does look similar to those tagging drones from Star Trek Insurrection.

BC3

jeddah
10-25-2001, 07:13 AM
Looks like She-Ra's choker to me (wasn't He-man her choker?) :eek: or a gold romulan ship.

I believe I was possibly the first person to bring up the connection between the Duros character and Neimoidians as this occured to me on 15th July 1999 (the day I saw EP1) so derivative this :p

I think BC3's right, it's got to be some kind of drone or sumpin.

GSJ, I am sure mms will reincarnate and you won't have to rely on such slim pickings.

jeddah

JediTricks
10-25-2001, 10:28 AM
POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING

I'm told it is a droid from the film that Obi-Wan does battle with. I won't get into it any further, but it supposedly fits in with an early scene.

Speaking of Nemoidians and their inappropriate hand positions, I made this file (attached) waaaaay back in July '99, the gag is a bit mature and is in the details.

good shot jansen
10-25-2001, 10:55 AM
that's good news that it is not a mm tie in:o

however, i am not convinced, unfortunately :rolleyes:, that mm's will in fact reincarnate jeddah, it's been almost two years since the last new sci fi mm, that was packaged on it's own, hit the shelves (titan ae phoenix, and stinger):( , the only other new sci fi mm's have been tie ins (sith repaint, holo royal starship, holo deathstar 2). i hope i'm jes being unnecessarily pessimistic, but i do believe that i am seeing a trend taking place here:mad:

np: muzzle - a song for superclones of the future

jeddah
10-25-2001, 01:39 PM
...mayhap they're just waiting for EP2?

JT, :D that was off the map! I'm sorry i missed it!

jeddah

britcit3
10-25-2001, 02:05 PM
He was called Marvin The Paranoid Android.

He was also a bit of a pop star.........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1022304032

Life ? Don't talk to me about life.

BC3

good shot jansen
10-25-2001, 02:15 PM
or are you just advocating that i take on the vocation of parking cars at the resataurant at the end of the universe?

what was the name of the band whose music was so loud that you had to be a great distance away behind solid walls of concrete, preferably on another planet, so as to enjoy it?

gawd! i gotta dig those books out again! i forgot how much fun they were!

britcit3
10-25-2001, 02:34 PM
Disaster Area as I recall.

jeddah
10-26-2001, 09:09 AM
Cradle of Filth ? ;)

jeddah

vulcantouch
10-26-2001, 02:18 PM
so deriVaTive That jdah :p at least hasbin's finally come to their senses in realizing galoob blue ep1 packaging always looked cooler than their red :) also, it looks like they've worked in ds9 station/wormhole imagery into the background, another smart move ;)
marvin looks like the martian eugene levy played in the play they put on in Waiting For Guffman :D
"get me dorfler"
"MARVIN dorfler?"
"yeah, under D in the rolodex for Jerk!"
-joe pantoliano, Midnight Run :)
hey jt, i don't get that packaging joke, could you Explain it here for me? ;)
vt
np: hassidic diagonal wood, "cradle of filth, kettle of fish; po-TAY-to, po-TAH-to"

JediTricks
10-27-2001, 10:24 AM
What's sad is I almost fell for that VT. :D

vulcantouch
10-27-2001, 04:19 PM
on a related note, it looks like this 'comes-with' droid (http://www.myfigures.com/pa/index.html?item_id=28619) is probably gonna look too goofy in person for me to bother with, partly cuz it's non-canon (imo non-canon stuff's dependably cheesier-designed than canon- which i spose is better than vice versa :o )
vt
np: will ferrell's impression of scatterbrained baseball announcer harry carey ("PBPBPHALLLOO AVRUHBAHDY! comes Weith, comes Weith!" :p )

JediGoofy
10-31-2001, 12:50 PM
It looks like some MM vehicles have been released in non MM lines.

As far as I know there is the holographic Royal Starship in the Jedi Braid package, a Sith Infiltrator with a Darth Maul action figure, and a T-16 Skyhopper from a Luke Skywalker action figure (thanks to bc).

Do you know the complete list of MM vehicles included in non MM lines?

The holographic Royal Starship is a great new model (with a really innovative and nice stand!), but is the Sith Infiltrator with Darth Maul different from the one included in Episode 1 collection 4? Is the T-16 Skyhopper with Luke Skywalker a true MM model, or just MM-like?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ciao,
JediGoofy

britcit3
10-31-2001, 01:37 PM
Hi Jedigoofy

Can't comment on the Trophy Sith - I don't own it.

But I presume it is the same darker painted SI that was released in Europe in latter runs of the Ep1 sets.

The T-16 is really small.

The attached pic shows the MM, the smaller playset version and the version from the Luke action figure.

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
10-31-2001, 02:32 PM
is the same as the sith infiltrator (paint scheme wise) which came with the darth maul transforming generator core play set.

of course i have never seen the transforming generator playset one, i get my information from brit cit's page. here (http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/swep1.htm)

actually, looking at the repaint sith infiltrator shown on your web site brit, i think that there is indeed a difference between the generator play set infiltrator, and the paint scheme used on the trophy one :confused:

r2dee2 where are you?

(couldn't resist!);)

actually (what is that? my favorite word of the month!:eek: ), anyway, if you check r2dee2's excellent site, you will indeed see the difference between the generator palyset, and the trophy maul infiltrators, as shown here (http://fan.starwars.com/MicroForce/basebackground.html)

britcit3
10-31-2001, 02:46 PM
Well, you learn soemthing new everyday.

Thanks GSJ.........looks like I'll have to locate a Trophy Maul.

Cheers

BC3

vulcantouch
10-31-2001, 02:51 PM
. . .i'll try to help u out :) i didn't know you needed one :o

JediGoofy
11-02-2001, 07:56 AM
Thank you all for your answers to my questions. :)

If I am right the only true MMs included in other packages are the Sith Infiltrator with the Trophy Maul and the holographic Royal Starship in the Jedi Braid package (the T-16 Skyhopper that comes with the Luke Skywalker action figure is not a real MM even if it is a nice model).

Even if I am not an action figure collector (thanks god), from the pictures in r2dee2's site the Trophy Maul looks quite nice and, since I try to avoid collecting the transforming heads, it is the only chance for me to get the Sith Infiltrator with the different (and cool) painting scheme.

I was wondering if the ValianT vt could help me too, in addition to britcit3, to locate this Trophy Maul. I will, of course, pay vt all expenses plus shipping to Italy (and I will add a new stone to the monument consecrate to the Legend). ;)

Thank you in advance for your help.
Ciao,
JediGoofy

good shot jansen
11-02-2001, 12:03 PM
it has a buy it now of $5.99 (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1656449523)

i had e-mailed the seller just to make sure that this was indeed the trophy maul with the infiltrator, and it is.

the seller ships internationally, so you should be able to purchase it directly jedigoofy, if you want one of us to procure it for you, just say the woid. (if you do though, i have to know before i leave work today, i will be away from any computers this weekend, going fishing with the kidz)(lessen o' course hurrican michelle decides to pay south florida a visit, then i will be installing storm shutters instead)
let me know

vulcantouch
11-02-2001, 12:21 PM
. . .if you can persuade one of your countrymen, a senor Nicola Piovani, to send me a recording of his unreleased end theme waltz to this flick (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0113849), the trophymaul's on me :) otherwise, exact expenses'll be fine :)
that is, assuming i can Find one; hit a few kbs yesterday but no luck :( not done yet, but in the meantime: hey bc3, i assume you don't have hallmark stores (http://www.hallmark.com/hmk/Website/Shopping/sh_productdetail.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1529341395.1 004720440@@@@&BV_EngineID=fadccgilmgejbedcfchchh.0&oid=120743&type=s_prod&fromPage=/Website/searches/search_results.jsp&home=2) in uk, right? think you can scare up one of them bargain bettys for me? in exchange, i might be able to get you a control ship. got a second look at this yesterday and gsj's right, it makes an Excellent sub for the one that may not come out in set 15; even its inner wall has mucho detail :D so don't go biddin for one on ebay yet, cuz i'm on the case :)
vt
np: homemade dub of unreleased Venice/Venice (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0105729) music

r2dee2
11-02-2001, 01:04 PM
Thanks GSJ, as always, for pointing people to my site and your always gracious words about it:D !!! Sorry I didn't see the post earlier...I 've been busy putting up some pics of my SW displays. I posted about it in another section, but doubt if you guys stray very far from the MM area, right:D

SW displays (http://fan.starwars.com/DisplayForce/index.html)

SWAFMAN
11-02-2001, 01:21 PM
Um, this is probably not any news to anyone but at my local Hallmark they have a DS9 space station for about $32 - looks about 5 or 6" diameter - battery-operated, plus a real boring Royal Starship for about $19 - basically a plasti-chromed shape with black rectangles where the forward view ports would be, and an R2-D2 (forgot price but not cheap) - also battery operated with sounds. If anyone wants them, I'll be glad to get & ship for you.

JediCole
11-02-2001, 02:46 PM
The accessory that comes with Obi-Wan never struck me as anything but some kind of droid or drone, or other such thing. I can certainly see where it might appear to be a micro version of some kind of ship, and it would be just like Hasbro to come up with a new kind of pack-in at that. However, had we seen a mock-up of say, Jango Fett or Padme on the new card, we probably would never have seen this thread, as their accessories would probably not resemble a micro version of a ship.

britcit3
11-03-2001, 08:47 AM
Hey VT

Have already aquired Trophy and Hallmark Naboo set.

I AM after another hallmark set though - the Star Trek 3 ship set containing Voyager, Defiant & Ent E (tried to order it, but they don't do International shipping).

Jedigoofy, try this mob.......

http://www.redpumpkin.com

They are UK based and they only take telelhone orders, but they are cheap and very nice to deal with.

Cheers

BC3

vulcantouch
11-04-2001, 12:09 AM
well i still have them alpha ships, applause cloud city and b5 6-back card for you; maybe you can refrain from getting Them in the meantime??? :rolleyes: geez, howm i ever gonna even things up between us if you keep beating me to everything :p
hey jg, You might be interested in a hallmark control ship then :)
yeah i saw that ds9- kinduv af sized, ain't it? :eek:

LTBasker
11-04-2001, 03:10 AM
Actually I have all the Star Wars and Star Trek except the Q ornament in lay-a-way at Hallmark for Christmas. :)

SWAFMAN
11-04-2001, 07:13 AM
VT - yeah, I guess "af"-sized is the best way to describe it, although using that description leaves the same unsatisfied feeling in me as the other way-off-scale AFs - such as the Sandcrawler. I think this would have been a natural (sculpt-wise) as one of those PlaymAFes ST series. And I did hear you, and still owe a write-up on the set of ST PlaymAFes you were so instrumental in making my own. In fact, without checking my records, I think you may have got all those I have for me! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know the pedigree of some of these Hallmark sci-fi pieces? Do they have any connection to Fong, or anyone in the old Galoob/Galoosbro design house:confused:

vulcantouch
11-04-2001, 02:21 PM
i was referring to jedigoofy ;) however, i still wanna do some stmm tradin w/you, so lmk when you're ready :)

LTBasker
11-04-2001, 03:49 PM
Oh ok, I thought that maybe you were speaking to someone else, but since you had called me by my other nick before, I wasn't sure so I went ahead and replied just in case.

JediGoofy
11-05-2001, 10:30 AM
Thank you for your offer vt and gsj, I would really appreciate if you can help me to find the Trophy Maul. :)

Unfortunately I did not get in time gsj warning about the eBay auction for it (unfortunately I cannot connect to the internet very often). Anyway thank you gsj! :)

I also looked in the site bc3 suggested me, but they require a credit card and I do not have it.

So it looks like the MM community is my best chance to get the Trophy Maul/Sith Infiltrator action figure (what a paradox! ;) ).

Thanks to vt for your offer about the Hallmark Droid Control Ship, but I am trying to maintain my SW collection restricted to MM items (with few exceptions like ERTL Episode 1 mini models, or K...r collector's fleet), because it is already awfully expensive and when I get an item in a toy line my "collector" attitude push me to collect all the line (you know, something like "collect all 1405, you stupid!", and I start spending money on it ;)).

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. vt, I remember you already asked me if it was possible to find Piovano's music of the movie Month by the Lake. I tried but unfortunately I was not able to find it. Anyway I will look again for it.:)

britcit3
11-10-2001, 04:24 PM
Evenin' all

Just added a few bits and bobs to the old web site - 1 or 2 of you may find something of interest.

cheers

BC3

http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/index2.htm

good shot jansen
11-12-2001, 10:48 AM
**************EPISODE II SPOILER WARNING**********************

The item that is included in teh obi-wan potwhatever package is indeed some kind of a droid. the trailer opens up with what appears to be the droid taking off of a building ledge, and then later in the trailer, obi-wan leaps out of a window and grabs hold of this droid while it is flying over courescant for what appears to be a death defying ride!

man, the jedi have all the fun:eek:

np: steppenwolf - magic carpet ride

mrhat
11-12-2001, 11:18 AM
*SPOILERS BELOW*

I can tell ya exactly what that is, if you notice in the mystery trailer, that droid is in it, however after some snooping i realized that it is an assasin droid sent to kill padme', obi-wan jumps out her appartment window just in time to catch it. Thats why he comes with it, and sorry it is not a Micro Machine :(

britcit3
11-12-2001, 12:04 PM
D'OH!

shinakuma43
11-13-2001, 12:48 PM
I didn't read the entire posting, but it seems like some of you are looking for the Darth Maul with MM Sith Infiltrator? If so, and if I remember correctly, one of my local KBs has a bunch of them for 4.99 each. So if anyone needs any just let me know and I'd be happy to pick them up.

Just in case anyone has, or knows where I can get, the following please let me know:

Loose AF Alpha Droid Fighter
Loose AF Trade Federation Tank
Loose AF Battle Packs 12-18
Flight Controllers with bonus MMs Boxed
JC Penny's Exclusive Action Fleet RC At-At
MM Epic Collections 4, 5, and 6 boxed
Loose AF Japanese Galactic Battle 2-pack
Battle Pack 11 on the newer flat carded style package

Once I get them I'll finally have all the AFs loose and boxed and all the MMs at least boxed.

One last thing for those who care about card variations. Apparently Battle Packs 1, 2, and 3 were released with the extra figures on Gold Logo cards. I recently saw pictures of all three on ebay.

Later,
S43

vulcantouch
11-13-2001, 01:03 PM
. . .that way you won't have to listen to me mention piovani for the 1000000th time ;)
a coupla droids i think you're missing, bc3:
-blue "binoc" treadwell included w/aunt beru figure
-yellow vacuum-cleaner-type droid incl. in one of the ep1 accessory pax
lmk if you need help w/either :) also, you might seriously consider getting the upcoming fx7 (http://www.myfigures.com/pa/index.html?item_id=28691) (it's gonna be superdetailed & have 19 arms!) and the potf 4Lom, he looks way better than the 1980. in fact, i may have a loose one of the latter, so just say the word (or at least don't object), & i'll enclose w/your alphas & applause cc :Pirate:
vt
np: lil stevie wonder, "don't you worry bout a thing"

britcit3
11-13-2001, 02:47 PM
Hey VT

Already bagged the yellow droid (today!) -see pic.

But what is......

blue "binoc" treadwell included w/aunt beru figure

????????

Is there a pic anywhere and are they still available?

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
11-13-2001, 05:37 PM
The treadwill droid, it came with the Aunt Beru figure in...later '98. Before the COMMtech figures, it came with a Flashback card. Unfortunetly for you, the Aunt Beru figure was short-packed and still is hard-to-find and usually goes for about $10-$15 U.S. It's not much of a big deal... and interesting droid to look at, but it's got way little playability. BC3, if you want info and help on the figures, I'm a MAJOR collector over the figs and usually have alot of knowledge on them. :)

britcit3
11-13-2001, 06:08 PM
Cheers, LT

LTBasker
11-13-2001, 07:45 PM
Well, I guess I was wrong about that price, Beru usually goes for quite a bit on sites, but on ebay you should be able to get her for like under $10.. By the way, if you want the best R2-D2 figure ever, R2-D2 with holographic Leia isn't going for much either, it's a really nice figure. Uses the same body sculpt as the Red R2 unit and R2-Q5.

vulcantouch
11-14-2001, 12:08 AM
. . .bc3 don't need me to tell him bout no binoctread no more :evil: in case you get outbid on that one, this one's (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1660943892) another possibility, in that the seller's (domestic; int'l'd likely follow suit) shipping rate's admirably low, his feedback record's spotless and item's o-o-p, which, since you don't care about the pkg Or the beru figure, oughta cut down on competition from momc maniacs out there :evil: meanwhile, here's (http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=aunt+beru&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort) a good indicator of current closing prices for this item :)
speakin of o-o-p, turns out i Do still have that loose potf 4lom; i'll enclose it. never had his gun, but i'll enclose the rifle for my commtech stormie- i don't want it :) judging from info in this cool book (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811822796/qid=1005713999/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_3_1/104-7485398-8818339) though, commtech stormie's gun is a more detailed, accurate match for the gun 4lom had in esb anyway :)
btw, that cheesy, dr.who-ey yeller thing's a Perfect example of why i don't collect all the droids :p
vt
np: timelords, "doctorin the tardis" (interpolates gary glitter's "rock & roll" hockey-anthem)

britcit3
11-14-2001, 02:38 AM
Thanks!!!!!

JediTricks
11-14-2001, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
R2-D2 with holographic Leia... Uses the same body sculpt as the Red R2 unit and R2-Q5. Actually, no, Holo R2 and Red R2 are not the same molds or variations on the same molds, they aren't even similar in certain details. Even the feet aren't the same, which is weird because they sure could have gotten away with THAT.

JediGoofy
11-14-2001, 12:19 PM
Hi s43,
I am looking for a Darth Maul with MM Sith Infiltrator.
Could you get one for me? :)

I am an Italian SW MicroMachines collector, do you agree to ship internationally?

If it is OK for you send me a message and we can talk directly. :D

Let me know something!

Ciao,
JediGoofy

shinakuma43
11-14-2001, 01:05 PM
JediGoofy: I'll see what I can do. I should be able to get it for you in a few days next time I'm out that way. Shipping to Italy isn't a problem at all. I'll let you know as soon as I make it out there. BTW, I don't think I'll be able to get one MOMC. They've been sitting there for quite a while so I'm sure they've been kicked around a bit.

Later,
S43

If anyone else wants one try to let me know ASAP. The KB that has them is kind of out of the way so I don't go there too often.

r2dee2
11-14-2001, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by shinakuma43
I didn't read the entire posting, but it seems like some of you are looking for the Darth Maul with MM Sith Infiltrator? If so, and if I remember correctly, one of my local KBs has a bunch of them for 4.99 each. So if anyone needs any just let me know and I'd be happy to pick them up.

Just in case anyone has, or knows where I can get, the following please let me know:

Loose AF Alpha Droid Fighter
Loose AF Trade Federation Tank
Loose AF Battle Packs 12-18
Flight Controllers with bonus MMs Boxed
JC Penny's Exclusive Action Fleet RC At-At
MM Epic Collections 4, 5, and 6 boxed
Loose AF Japanese Galactic Battle 2-pack
Battle Pack 11 on the newer flat carded style package

Once I get them I'll finally have all the AFs loose and boxed and all the MMs at least boxed.

One last thing for those who care about card variations. Apparently Battle Packs 1, 2, and 3 were released with the extra figures on Gold Logo cards. I recently saw pictures of all three on ebay.

Later,
S43

S43, you know I'm interested in the card variations!!.....INTERESTING:sur: on the BattlePacks!! Do you have pictures:D

I've been keeping an eye out for that BattlePack #11 (http://fan.starwars.com/MicroForce2/BP11.html) with the flatback card for you, as well as the JCP AT-AT remote (http://fan.starwars.com/MicroForce/remoteatat.html) , but still haven't seen one:(

vulcantouch
11-14-2001, 01:33 PM
i think i sighted one a while back, i'll check on it :) plz lmk min. acceptable condition & max acceptable price :)
a coupla more bc3 droids:
-se-added surveillance droid that comes w/sandtrooper that comes w/cardboard cantina diorama (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1663164516)
-rolled-up droideka (about the size of a large mm) that came w/r2 carrycase (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1663628429)
-foldedup pitdroid that came with a jarjar
-there might be add'l pitdroid styles your collection doesn't yet include, but not sure offhand (pitdroid xperts, make yerselves heard ;) )
btw, the box i'm using to send your stuff ain't big enough for b5 6-back card, so i thought i'd razor it into 4 sections (not bisecting any text or pics of course) so that it can be seamlessly reassembleable for viewing on your site after arrival- is that ok? :)
as i recall you like simpsons, right? i gotta fanclub mag cover story about the simps' use of sw refs, i'll enclose if you wish :)
vt
np: deee-lite, "electric shock"

good shot jansen
11-14-2001, 01:46 PM
is the j.c. penny exclusive one. this one differed from the kaybee exclusive in that it has three buttons on the rmote control (front, back, and blaster fire sounds) as i recall it also differs in that it has a light on the front of the cockpit which lights up when the blaster button is pressed.

the jc penny at-at is extremely hard to find (hmmmm, right up your alley vt!:D )(i believe it was another of their mail order only exclusive), (i've ben lookin' for this myself for sometime, with no joy :cry: ) the only way to know for sure that it's a jc penny one, is to check the remote control, if it's got three buttons, badabing! that's the ticket!:happy:

SWAFMAN
11-14-2001, 02:48 PM
...o' folks looking for the jcp r/c at-at :rolleyes: just in case someone stumbles upon "the motherload" of these rarities.

R2dee2 - I'm not sure if you were looking for scans of only the gold logo extra figure SWAF battle packs, or any extra figure battle packs. I'm emailing you a zip right now with scans of mine, but all the extra figure ones are silver logos except my bp#4 which is gold logo with and without the xtrafig.

r2dee2
11-14-2001, 08:02 PM
Swaffy, thanks for your efforts:D I do have scans of all the Battlpacks with the extra figures. I just was interested in seeing 1,2,3, with the extra figure with the Gold Logo. I wasn't aware of those. I've only seen the #4 BP with the Gold Logo, so that one doesn't count;)

As the the JCP remote control.....you should see pics of all the differences on the web page I posted previously. From my page......

There is another Remote Control AT-AT, that I've only found at JCPenneys. It does not come in a standard Galoob box, but in a simple white box.

This AT-AT has several differences to the KB AT-AT, with the 3 button remote control being the biggest difference. This third button provides the gunfire sound that the KB AT-AT doesn't have. The other two buttons provide the same back and forth
movement that the KB AT-AT does.

Another interesting difference, is that this AT-AT comes with two sets of the mini action figures (Snowtrooper and Imperial Driver) plus a Micro Snowspeeder.

The Troop Section Boarding Hatch opens on the KB AT-AT, but not on the JCP one. Both AT-AT's Command Station's open to fit the figures inside.

The view port on the JCP AT-AT is slightly different, having a middle "light" that lights up when the blasters are fired.

I tried calling JCP a good while back, using the info on the white box I have pictured on the Remote AT-AT page, but they said they didn't have any. I have tried to keep a look out on ebay...to no avail:frus:

r2dee2
11-14-2001, 08:07 PM
The white box (http://fan.starwars.com/ActionMasters/remoteatatbox.html) the JCP remote AT-AT was shipped in.

SWAFMAN
11-14-2001, 11:01 PM
R2 - I did see your scans when I was on your site looking for your email address, but I went ahead and tried to send the zip file anyway. Must've been fate, because the message was rejected by your server for being over the size limit. It was about 5MB. Since you already have better shots than my scans, I'll not worry about re-sending it in pieces. I saw the jcp r/c at-at pics there, too. Your website is still terrific.

yours impressedly,
- swafman

good shot jansen
11-15-2001, 09:44 AM
here's an auction for ep. I mm set #4 with the repainted sith infiltrator (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1663480538)

why do they do this too us?:frus:

cripes!:mad: here's a bleeding 'nuther one (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1661689450)

da hecks going on around here?:sur:

LTBasker
11-15-2001, 10:05 AM
As ol' pointy ears would put it... "Fascinating."

r2dee2
11-15-2001, 12:26 PM
SWAFFY:) Thanks for the kind words, as always:D Not that I want to discourage you from looking around my site, but if you need to email me, if you click on my profile in these forums, my email addy is right there:)

I have been having some problems with my email, but THINK it's fixed now.....at least I assume so if I had 37 messages when I logged on this morning...of course 75% were deletable:frus:

Thanks again:kiss:

britcit3
11-15-2001, 12:33 PM
No worries GSJ - bagged on your behalf.

BC3

shinakuma43
11-15-2001, 01:55 PM
VT: The RC At-At I need is the version R2 describes which shipped in the white box, has three buttons....

R2: Thanks for remembering that I need the flat BP#11 and keeping an eye out for it for me.

I don't have the BP#3 with Gold Logo, I was watching an auction to get it but as usual I forgot to throw a bid down until it was too late. Below is a link to the auction, the image is kind of unclear but you can tell it's gold and it's even mentioned that it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1661023278&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1005834970&indexURL=0&rd=1

Here's a pic of the BPs 1 & 2 I recently got with Gold Logos. I need to get a better #1, but it'll do for now. Hopefully I'll get a #3 soon too, I think there was another auction for a gold #3, I thought I saw a much better image of one. I'll have to search. Has anyone ever seen BP#4 with a Silver Logo? It doesn't make sense for 1, 2, 3,and 5 to have been released with Silver logos but not number 4.

http://www.geocities.com/sgouki43/BPs1and2Gold.jpg

Later,
S43

good shot jansen
11-15-2001, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by britcit3
No worries GSJ - bagged on your behalf.

BC3

thanx bc3! :happy: i wasn't really after it at 1st, then i got around to thinking that i didn't have the maul/generator playset, and that it would be nice to have this repaint variation (it ain't like we got anything new to go after:frus: ), so i go's back to the site to use the ol' buy it now, and i see that you beat me to the punch! (and i'm thinking good, at least someone i know who will appreciate it has acquired it!:) )

then i pop over here, and see that it was fer me that you bagged it for!!!!!!:D :D

you must be psychic dude!:)

i am, as always in your debt! :happy: :) :happy:

np: jule brown - how did you know that

SWAFMAN
11-15-2001, 08:00 PM
Just when I think I'm getting something near to a respectably complete swaffollection, another variation surfaces. :sur:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

shinakuma43
11-15-2001, 08:47 PM
Swafman, I didn't realize you were also a variation collector. Well, did you know that some AF vehicles other than the last couple waves were released with solid side panel boxes? I have an X-Wing (with Luke), B-Wing, and an A-Wing all with solid side panels. I forwarded images to R2 when I got them. I haven't seen any others yet but I'm always on the lookout.

Ah, you also collect Battle Squads vehicles correct? Well, I found a couple variations on them too. The Mig has either number 25 or 26 on the side in blue, the Mig pilot is also available in tan or brown but neither variation is related. I think there are a couple other variations I came across too. I'll try to go through them soon and find out for sure and I'll be sure to post them here

Later,
S43

vulcantouch
11-16-2001, 01:24 PM
. . .but i'll confirm next time i'm in area :)
so, gsj, are you the lucky guy for whom bc3's baggin this (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1030935648)? if so, i spose you won't need me to find you no snapfast repcruiser now? (i been lookin anyway; wednesday i went in when noticing a big "clearance sale" sign in a hobbyshop i'd known to stock them, but they was still $4 each :frus: i think i can do better than that, so i passed-
vt
np: st etienne, "who do you think you are" (roger s dub)

good shot jansen
11-16-2001, 04:49 PM
you pegged it oh so acurately! bc3 was indeed bidding on my behalf, however during the course of the auction, ol' red was actually able to locate me another from a different (as well as less expensive) source!:sur: how he does it, i dunno! (actually, you prolly do as you're pretty good at that sorta thing yourself:) )

bc3 told me the good news this morning, so we's been kinda hoping that someone new would step up to the plate and outbid us!:evil: actually i buzzed ol lucifer about it this morning, and told him that bc3 bid was as high as it was gonna be, so he should feel free to plunder!:D

if anyone is interested (which i can't imagine anyone here not being:sur: ), there's another auction for set XI here (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1033974863)

vulcantouch
11-17-2001, 01:59 PM
. . .such as where & how much; cmon, inquirin minds wanna know :p which brings up my next point: how cum you & bc3 are always so damn secretive about yer dealins? as a nosy sumbeetch, i personally find readin bout such things (or hashin out of said dealings right here on the forum like i do) muy interesante! gives me add'l insight into the current state of our hobby, not to mention inspiration for miraculous scalper-thwartins :Pirate:
vt
np: j-l p, "watching birds"

britcit3
11-17-2001, 02:45 PM
Well since yer askin'.......

I contacted an ebay seller earlier this week and he told me that he had some sets 11 & 12 for 4 each (& postage)!!!!!!

So I have ordered GSJ's 11 from him and the also the 12's that he had.

I was going to wait until the 12's arrive before notifying the board, but I should have 2 spare sets some point next week (presuming the seller is on the level and not a thief).

I know that GSJ, Baal and VT all have set 12, so anybody else want a set (only forummers who don't already have 'em (let's be fair here) and names that I recognise, please)?

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
11-17-2001, 03:34 PM
I don't have'em and I've been wanting to into the Episode 1 micros because when they were out I was mostly concentrating on the figures at the time since everything got really expensive then. Which really sucks too because just about everything that was mass produced but still hard to find showed and sat at my Wal-mart for quite sometime including all the die-casts and action fleet ships, but they're all gone... :( If anybody else doesn't have the packs and wants the ones BC3 is offering then I can wait for some other time to get them since I'm mostly concentrating on Trek MMs...

vulcantouch
11-17-2001, 05:58 PM
. . .actually he'd love to have a Hundred of each, but we'll try to restrain ourselves ;)
vt

LTBasker
11-17-2001, 07:05 PM
Tell b'jr I get half! Those rep cruisers are sweet lookin! :D

britcit3
11-18-2001, 05:14 AM
Right,

So Mr Basker has reserved a set 12 - still got 1 left guys.

BC3

good shot jansen
11-18-2001, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
. . .how cum you & bc3 are always so damn secretive about yer dealins?

we ain't really as hush hush as it may appear:sur: , we began using each other as international auction clearing houses for each other, so as to save each other a little bit of the s&h gouging which sometimes occur with over sea's auction wins:rolleyes: , and since enough continual action was occuring, we jes began doing even swaps. this then lead to us helping each other out on things that the other didn't have. i've been sending him any of my action fleet dupes that he doesn't have, and in return, he sends me mm's. i jes picked him up a cloaked defiant, and in return he has secured me a st custom as well.

he had been keepin an eye out for a set XI for me (as well as anyone else, but after he had secured your's vt, i became next in line!), he spotted the auction which you refered to in your post, asked me if i wanted him to bid, (naturally i managed to get a yes out between the drooling spittle!:eek: ), and during the course of the auction, he noticed another uk auction which ended with a buy it now before he had a chance to see it:frus: .(to make this incident even more frustrating, the winner of that buy it now XI for 4 pounds is none other than evilryu666:mad:, another frickin' cog in the scalper wheel!:mad: ), anyway, bc3, being the trained bounty hunter that he is:Pirate: , contacted the seller who happens to have some more of these lil gems, and badabing! there you have it! :happy:

np: johnny rivers - secret agent man

vulcantouch
11-18-2001, 07:41 PM
-i still ain't sure how i became first in that line, but i'm still glad i did :happy:
ok then, evilryu's officially on our s***list :dead:

good shot jansen
11-19-2001, 08:32 AM
censoring posts, (particularly yours) ain't what i likes doing, but's i gots to play moderator from time to time:(

as fer you being who's on 1st, you were the who that made the 1st request! and in addition to that fact, since you're also the who, that has continually fufilled many a wish list for the multitudes in the past:happy: , as far as this tude is concerned you are always entitled to 1st crack at a mm (or any other miniature sci fi'er) that you do not posess but so desire. that is why i did not hesitate to send you the bucky r. above all karma prevails!

np: elp - father christmas (the christmas we get we deserve:o :happy: )

vulcantouch
11-19-2001, 02:07 PM
gotta get up purty early to outdraw me :evil:

good shot jansen
11-19-2001, 02:19 PM
hmmmm, seems like i got up late again, as the shisel is flying thick:D (pronounced shy-sel)(it's yiddish)

btw, when you say that evilryu666 is on our sh..............er ah shisel list, you ain't kiddin'. he's got deep pockets, (as i recall, he was the poi-sen who shelled out 1000 large, twice!:eek:, fer those action fleet prototype's that was causin' all the ruckus at the beginnin' o' the year. afterwards, i noticed that he was laying low fer awhile, but as of late, he's been buying it up at a ferengi pace, and dumping it back on the lot fer biiiig profits.:rolleyes: :frus: :mad:

he's a scurvy dog, that's fer sure.