PDA

View Full Version : C3PO and Battle Droid set review w/pics

Mace Windex
09-10-2002, 01:55 AM
I finally found this set (Florida is behind you West coasters) and I must tell everyone that this is the best deluxe set yet! I can't think of a better scene that has been made so far.
The ballte droid doesn't have much articulation (can't fold up) but he will stand on his own. He has a seperate backpack that can also be attached to 3po's back. 3po is well detailed and is made of soft plastic (like the body parts included within the new Bespin Chewie) and can actually be taken apart. Yup, for you droid junk dealers this one is for you! You can remove his arms, legs, and of course, his head. The head interchange feature is nice and both heads snap tight into place. Each figure has a tiny magnet in its head for the swap. Use the enclosed head swapper machine to do your work. The conveyor belt features pegs so that each figure will stand. They do a pretty good job, although 3po is a little loose. One nice thing is that both figs can stand on their own without stands.
Check out the pic.
Mace

karinations
09-10-2002, 02:12 AM
I dig this set too,the C3po is much better than the first one with the pieces that stick on and looks like crap. Im under the impression(and have seen/read things to this effect) that Anakin was to finish c3po in AOTC.As we all know the figures are made a bit in advance and that's why we have crappy pieces come off C3po.That thing is an abomination.

Jargo
09-10-2002, 02:25 PM
No, padme was to have finished Threepio but when they chopped stuff to fit a timing they had Shmi finish him off between movies.

Mace, I posted pics in that other thread you asked for detailed pics in. Only the pics i posted were with both droids taken apart. Just their component parts.

This new threepio is nicely sculpted but in comparison to other better quality plastic threepios this one is a heads length too short. this deficit in height is causd by his lower legs being too short. The rest of him is the right proportion but his legs are short.

Either that ofr this one is the correct scale and everything else is wrong. The grey plastic used on this deluxe threepio is very cheap looking with a sort of translucency that makes it seem odd. The paint application is nicely done but against the plastic it looks strange, It is however a well balanced figure and has no problems standing.

The battle droid could have done with the arms being articulated to hold the blaster with both hands and this battle droid is too tall compared to the POTJ battle droids but still nicely detailed and balanced for standing on a production line but hopeless for going into battle with the gun held in it's outstretched hand.

The base is solid and well put together but the grabbing arm is bent up in the packaging and made of chepo bendy plastics.

Over all though this is definately one of the better deluxe sets, it beats the poop out of the Yoda set.

Sinister Lord
09-10-2002, 03:04 PM
It is a good set... too bad it's a pegwarmer. The Target stores in my area are overflowing with these 3PO's.

The True Maul
09-11-2002, 07:27 PM
Looks cool can't wait to get mine, I wish I could find it though! :frus: