PDA

View Full Version : Obnoxious friends who say dumb things about SW.

scruffziller
09-10-2002, 08:59 AM
I had a friend who would always mess around with me on information like saying Garth Brooks used backmasking in his songs and the like. He would swear up and down about this stuff (even though he knew better of course). The one thing he said about SW was that..... "Chewbacca was played by a Saskwatch!!!!!!!" And I (gullable to think he was serious) started to argue with him. He said "No, they captured this Bigfoot and educated him and got him to play in SW!!"

mini-rock
09-10-2002, 11:08 PM
Oonfoofoo?

My sister in law (she's 22) said "I need to grow up and show some maturity. Star Wars is stupid!"

I said "Yeah, I should have dropped out of high school, crashed 3 cars, moved to L.A. to say I want to be an actor and really do nothing, get an abortion, 22 & still having the parentals pay for my apartment, car, food, & everything else in between 'cause that is whats considered mature right?"

Attack me? Fine!

Attack Star Wars? You goin down!

This is the only story I have. :)

scruffziller
09-11-2002, 07:20 AM
I think the good lord said something about that. "You try to remove the speck of wood from your brother's eye, when there is a log in your own eye."

mylow thehutt
09-12-2002, 07:18 PM
Well one of my good friends liked starwars then he got older and didn't like it.so one night when he spend the night he took a picture of my starwars toy collection and showed all these girls we liked at school,(were friends but when it comes to girls we destroy each other)any way he goes and show these 11th grad girls the pic and they all start laughing,My friend was laughing saying look he's even got Darth Mual.Boy was I mad.But it turns out all thoes girls liked starwars and i got hooked up with one and my friend got the boot by all of them for dissing STARWARS! Ha

Darth Sidious
09-12-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
Oonfoofoo?

My sister in law (she's 22) said "I need to grow up and show some maturity. Star Wars is stupid!"

I said "Yeah, I should have dropped out of high school, crashed 3 cars, moved to L.A. to say I want to be an actor and really do nothing, get an abortion, 22 & still having the parentals pay for my apartment, car, food, & everything else in between 'cause that is whats considered mature right?"

Attack me? Fine!

Attack Star Wars? You goin down!

This is the only story I have. :)

Haha, great stuff, great stuff.... None of my friends really do that because all of my good friends LIKE SW!!! :D When someone does say something bad about it I just sort of let it roll off my shoulder. Insults don't bother me much anymore.

scruffziller
09-16-2002, 01:56 PM
I am so glad that my best friend with whom I have spoke of before that had every single SW item back in the original days, would never embarras me in front of a woman. However the friend I spoke of in this post when I started this thread, would go out of his way to do so.

Exhaust Port
09-16-2002, 04:18 PM
He probably does it out of jealousy. :D

scruffziller
09-17-2002, 05:03 AM
No, actually he had women flocking all over him, he just got great pleasure out of messing with people. It was like a narcotic to him.
One time I was talking with this girl and she was listing off some bands that she would like to see live. And for no real intent for her they were also ones that I would like to see as well. And because I said the same ones that she did, my friend (his name was Janson, the girl's name was Megan), Janson says, "BOY MIKE!! YOU MUST REALLY WANT TO GET INTO MEGAN'S PANTS!!!" Real loud right in front of her. But since she knew what he was like and the things he would say, it was just let roll off our backs like a duck, like it wasn't even said.

Exhaust Port
09-17-2002, 08:28 AM
Quite a friend. :rolleyes:

thespar
09-17-2002, 01:58 PM
with friends like that who needs enemies.

scruffziller
09-17-2002, 02:12 PM
Exactly. He was kind of like the abusive boyfriend that the girl won't leave, because "the good things" about him make her stay.
Sometimes he wasn't so bad, but ultimately he would never do any physical harm or anything extremely serious, but he did push alot of buttons. Don't worry, I'm not a homosexual.

jeddah
09-17-2002, 02:20 PM
More More! :D:D:D Someone must have more SW stories that first one made me laugh out of my chair. A Sasquatch! I can so imagine some dufus saying that! :D:D

I don't think I've got any funny stories like that. I do have lots about idiots that think they 'get' me and my fandom and then try to have higher level conversazione with me. I just say; "I dunno, I just think it's cool." and then s****** like an idiot...it kind of puts them off ;)

jeddah

jeddah
09-17-2002, 02:23 PM
you have got to be kidding me. That has to be a hack. Surely no-one of sound mind would introduce that! I was trying to say "S n i g g e r"

fie, for shame!

jeddah

scruffziller
09-17-2002, 02:28 PM
He is definately not sound of mind. Clever yet evil. Somewhat like a Hannibal figure. I hope you understand that he wasn't serious of Chewie being a Sasquatch, he was just making it sound like he was.

jeddah
09-18-2002, 01:14 PM
Aw, don't spoil the story by telling me that!

:D
jeddah

good shot jansen
09-18-2002, 01:43 PM
to tell you the truth, niether do i:sur:

but that's one of lifes niceties:happy:

when i 1st saw star wars back in 77 ( was 17:eek: ), i couldn't care less for it. never really got werked up fer any of the sequals either. it really wasn't until having a son, and buying him (or should i say me) action fleet toys that i started to dig starwars.

and when my wife bought me the star wars chronicals book, whammo! i was hooked fer life.

star wars is the one part of my life where i can stay a kid, part of that is posting here at ssg.:happy:

when episode I, and then aotc this spring came out, all of my wifes and my friends were really suprised that i couldn't wait to see em. they then deduced that i was only seeing them to take my children, when i corrected them in telling them that it was me who was all excited by the movies release, they were somewhat flabberghasted.

it's funny, i can't think of any one of my wifes and my circle of friends who care for star wars in the least.

oh well, to hell with em i say, i'm having fun!