PDA

View Full Version : Help on jar jar costume pweaze??

Bobajames
09-10-2002, 08:55 PM
i have to put on a show for some 9th and 10th grade literature classes to tech them about protagonists and antagonists. i naturally picked a star wars theme and now i can't figure out a cheap way to make a Jar Jar Binks costume by uhhh.... tommorow. Anyone have any idea what i could do?

Beast
09-10-2002, 09:17 PM
Well, since you only have til tommorow, I can only give you one piece of advice. Shame on you for putting off working on it, and call in sick. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bobajames
09-10-2002, 09:24 PM
Well, it's not really work... it's school. I am the director and i spent all my time working on their costumes so all i really need is a simple, and stupid way to let the kids know that i am jar jar binks. so far all i have come up with is to put a name tag to show who i am... if no one else has an idea, i'll just be doing that.

P.S. i also want to be creative. remember, i need this thing CHEAP... so probably household items would work best. i don't necessarily have to have it tommorow, that's just when the teacher wants to see it and prefers to see the costumes. i don't think a mask would work very well because 1) no one can see my facial expressions 2) no one can hear me and 3)it costs too much. thanks fo' the help!!

Lord Malakite
09-10-2002, 09:27 PM
I have to agree with JarJar. The only way you'll get that done on time is to go out and hopefully find a costume thats leftover from Halloween's past. Either that or put some paper plates together, color it, and call it Jar Jar.

JediTricks
09-11-2002, 01:24 PM
If I recall english class correctly, Jar Jar doesn't fit in to the "protagonist" role in Star Wars except in a VERY liberal usage.

It may be too late, since your thread was started yesterday, but how about:
- 1 gray vest, leather if possible
- 1 dark gray tank top, extra long
- 1 orange T-shirt, long sleeve
- 1 pair of gray pants, rumpled, not jeans
- 1 Jar Jar mask (if you can find it) -or-
- 1 pair of thin shoe inserts, painted orange, attached to a hair clip

Bobajames
09-14-2002, 10:43 PM
thank you for actually offering a helpful suggestion, but it was a little late. Jar Jar is a protagonist in my story. i wrote a new skit called star wars love... kinda like an intergalactic midsummer night's dream. no one should ever read it