PDA

View Full Version : How are you spending your day?

Nebulaz
09-11-2002, 03:03 PM
Are you doing any sort of contributes either at work or home? 103.9 silenced the mic today in rememberance...
My work is having a minute of silence...
All the flags are half massed.
Are you doing anything in rememberance or mourning?
I like to know what you'll all up too.

The Overlord Returns
09-11-2002, 03:21 PM
after work I'll be heading straight back to the spot I spent last sept 11th at. My local pub with the general manager and bartender. There, we will do exactly what we did last year. Drink (raising many glasses to the fallen), and discuss the events meaning......

Pendo
09-11-2002, 03:54 PM
We had a minute silence at 2pm today at work, then I let everybody go home for the rest of the day. It wasn't really a working atmosphere today, it is all very upsetting :(.

PENDO!

187-Maul
09-11-2002, 04:04 PM
I tried to act like it was a normal day today and did everything I would've normally done too
I had a moment of silence for myself at 14:46 (france time)
but in school we did absolutely nothing which actually sets me up a bit
all the teachers acted like nothing happened and nobody even mentioned it, not even the english teacher, which is kinda sad IMO

Jargo
09-11-2002, 05:37 PM
After spending the morning outside in the sunshine cutting my hedges and thinking quietly to myself. I realised that I was standing in the kitchen with my partner and the dog watching the clock for the moment.... we spent time discussing the events of last year, the events of this year and the changes we've noticed in how people are behaving toward each other. We had our silences of quiet contemplation and remembrance and we tried to carry on as normal but it just didn't feel right and we ended up watching part of the ceremonies in NY on TV, the name reading was what set me off though. Just about finished me off. I just spent most of my day with my partner and dog. Not a lot else I could do.
The most moving moment aside from the obvious was seeing Linda Chavez Thompson from the AFL-CIO speaking at the TUC meeting here in the UK. She gave a moving and personal speech that spoke straight to the hearts of the hardest of grown men in that conference room. her words spanned the Atlantic divide and broke down the cultural barriers, simple words of wisdom, anger and praise, defiance and pain. A little voice making sense of madness.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
09-11-2002, 05:56 PM
We had a prayer service in front of our school for all those who lost those lives.

The True Maul
09-11-2002, 07:34 PM
We also had a prayer service along with poem readings and songs.:)

Rogue II
09-11-2002, 08:40 PM
I couldn't get a ticket to go to the Pentagon Ceremony, and I work there. I had to watch it on TV in my office.

QLD
09-11-2002, 08:46 PM
I am at work for the night unfortunately. However I did have a moment of silence this morning, and the flag here is at half mast.

plasticfetish
09-11-2002, 09:36 PM
It's been a quiet day. Spent the morning with my wife and the afternoon playing with my son. Have tried to avoid watching the TV too much. A few minutes ago I was in my backyard watering the orchids when I heard the brass band over at the park warm up by playing music from the fight scene between Qui-Gon and Darth Maul. It was very funny to hear that echoing throughout the neighborhood. What a great country this is.

bigbarada
09-12-2002, 01:01 AM
I just spent the day with my parents watching the various remembrance ceremonies on TV.

Jedi Master Silas
09-12-2002, 01:21 AM
I spent the day with my husband..reflecting through out the day on how lucky we are and praying for the folks who still suffer daily from the events of 9-11.

Dar' Argol
09-12-2002, 02:02 AM
Most of the day I was at work. Wal-Mart swiched its instore TV's over to the ABC coverage all day. At 8:46amEST the entire store, the radio station I was listien to, and I think most the country, observed a minute of silence. During which time it really hit me, thinking that at that moment, 1 year ago, those passangers on the plane that struck the first tower were killed in that instant. I started to cry.

All day long, with the constant coverage on the WM TV's and the WM radio, it was very upsetting. I came home here and I watched several programs about 9/11. Most of them going over the events again. Some trying to explain how things happened, and others touching on the lifes that were affected. I swore I would not come online at all on 9/11, and I didn't. I hugged my daughter, and I kissed my wife. I told them both how much I love them and I put my daughter to bed with another hug and a kiss. My wife and I sat down and continued to watch and talk about what happened. After a while she went to bed. I told her I loved her before she went.

And now, seeing as it it 9/12, I am on here, trying to dump some of my emotions out that have been building all day long.

I bow my head to those who lost their lives. God Bless America.

mini-rock
09-12-2002, 02:26 AM
Did some yardwork. Worked out (we had a moment of silence there). Went to massage therapy. Had the family over (my parents, wifes parents, my sister and her family) had a BBQ, & drank some Coronas.

Jedi Drew
09-12-2002, 09:22 AM
I went to Church with my wife and mother last night. During the day I did some yard work and "pondered my thoughts."

Exhaust Port
09-12-2002, 11:36 AM
My girlfriend and I spent the day sick on the couch watching the TV. Basically it was the same as a year ago with the difference of being sick this time.