PDA

View Full Version : Are we getting new figs here or not?

greedo
09-11-2002, 03:07 PM
Does anyone know for sure if Canada is getting the new figs or not. And if so when? I know there is a lot of speculation and heresay, but can anyone answer this for sure?

As I'm sure the rest of you are feeling the same way, annoyed, and frustrated..

Thanks

fourtwo
09-11-2002, 05:09 PM
what do you mean by new?
we've been pretty lucky latley, lots of stuff has come northwards like the target sets and what not.

haggis
09-11-2002, 11:27 PM
Who knows what we're going to get. I'm buying all the new figs. from my local specialty toy shop just in case. We're starting to get way behind. Palpy, Djas Puhr, Teemto, Maul, Tatt. Anakin, Padme Pilot, and more. Hope we do get some at regular retail. Need reasonably priced openers. I've heard on another board(Snowtroopers) that TRU has cancelled all orders of SW stuff. Don't know if that's true or not.

haggis
09-11-2002, 11:33 PM
Forgot to add the grand repaint job that is Ki Adi Mundi to the list of figures we haven't got yet. Also, Ephant Mon, Lott Dod, Tusken w Massif, and beardless Endor Soldier are out in the US.

greedo
09-12-2002, 08:00 AM
I understood it to be the 12 " figures that TRU are cancelling the orders on, not the 3 3/4? Not sure but thought that was what I read.

Is there a Hasbro Canada email or phone number that anyone can call to find out what is what??????

By new, I mean the 3 3/4 figs.....the Target exclusives hit Canada, (so I've been told, never saw any) but in very small quantities, plus I heard they are US cards, obviously. I mean the regular carded figs.... haven't seen Djas or Palp on yet.

Wal-mart only has one peg set up for SW stuff, yikes.

teebo_js
09-13-2002, 02:24 PM
I dont know if my wall mart is late but i just found yesterdays the orn free taa, massif and endor soldier wave.

I go to zellers and wall mart almost everyday...

Can we communicate if more fig. arrive at your store? Maybe we could exchange by local post?

I hope my english is good...

fourtwo
09-14-2002, 04:10 AM
Que la force soit avec toi

i like that.
welcome aboard.

teebo_js
09-15-2002, 07:01 PM
Thank!

On peut faire beaucoup d'échange de figurine si tu veux

Do i have to translate?

haggis
09-15-2002, 10:52 PM
Bien sur!
Tout le monde aime la Guerre des etoiles!
Nothing new here as of late. Landspeeders are still available at TRU but X-wings are more scarce. We have also had restocking of the Endor Soldier wave at Walmart.

Salut! A demain!

greedo
09-24-2002, 08:21 AM
So I take it no one knows for sure what we are getting?

Count Dooku
09-24-2002, 10:16 PM
I don't know if and when we are getting anything. Its funny though, these stores are constantly restocking old waves, when I know for a fact the new ones in trilogo packaging are sitting in the Montreal warehouse. And these stores wonder why sales are slow for Star Wars, well that's because:

a) Collectors go to the U.S.
b) Buy them from Canadian online sites
c) Trade for them

The fact that these stores in Canada will not restock with nothing new (its been 4 months) is pathetic. Now when they do, sales still won't be great because all the real collectors have gone to other means to acquire them because they don't want to wait a half year to get them. I was collecting these like crazy into June, and since then we have had nothing at all whatsoever, now I could care less if and when they come out anymore. I now get them from other places because I cannot rely on Canadian retailers anymore for Star Wars merchandise. Just my rant, thanks.

haggis
09-24-2002, 10:35 PM
I agree completely with you C.D! We've had some nice exlusives showing up as of late but nothing in the way of basic figures. I think the Endor wave is great(Hi Walmart!) but I will only buy so many of them. This is so frustrating.
Elsewhere, there were new Action Fleet vehicles at the local TRU today(X-wing, Vader's Tie Fighter) and a restocking of previously found deluxe figs.(Nexu, Anakin w Geonosian, etc.) Lots of Cantina sets at Walmart.
I guess I'll just have to wait for the new 33/4" stuff to arrive at the local collectables store and pay $13 a figure.

haggis
09-24-2002, 10:38 PM
Teebo_js: What figures/items are you looking for? LMK and perhaps I can help. haggisthedog@hotmail.com or PM me.

greedo
09-25-2002, 08:29 AM
I agree, I have purchased my stuff via other sources in case our local stores don't get them in, or worse, I wait and they miss a wave. Then I have to pay a lot more to find an old wave.

It bothers me that I can get Canadian cards on line but not at the largest retail chain in the world.....????

I will support local (Canadian) businesses first, but would also like to walk into my neighborhood store and find the new waves on the pegs, or at least have a choice of where I buy them.

I would rather pay a small business (Canadian first, US second) a couple of dollars more and keep them in business. But....since I'm not made of money, it is nice to find the figures cheaper once and a while...

seth
09-25-2002, 09:05 PM
yeah, greedo, we sure get screwed up here for new toys. It is good to see some exclusives up here (bah! still no x-wing!) but we do need to get some of the other waves...I think the Episode I syndrome has hit us...hard.

jjreason
09-26-2002, 12:14 AM
Sorry to butt in here guys, but I thought I'd let you know I got a really good deal from KebCo. They're clearing out figures up to 40 for 3.99 apeace, even with exchange and shipping you're beating the 8.99 retail. They all came in great shape, too. Thought you might like to check it out.

Just an aside, yes, Id love to buy them at retail, but the only store we have in town is Zellers. I got lucky - we did get the Target sets, but no 3 inch figures past senator Jar Jar. I was getting desparate, but this deal really caught me up fast. US cards, of course. Good luck.

Talrum
09-26-2002, 02:49 AM
Are you referring to the damaged product section? yeah those are good deals for stuff you want to open. But as the tittle suggests the packaging is beat up......i was thinking about getting stuff from them also:D

DarthBrandon
09-26-2002, 11:01 AM
Just found in Zellers Saint John, N.B. (Orn Free Taa, Endor Rebel Soldier, Massiff with Geonosian Warrior, Palpatine. and Puhr. Also found the Acklay and Target Exclusives there as well. Wal-Mart also has the new Cantina sets and a couple of new figs as well. I bought Orn and Puhr as I already have Palpatine and Endor Soldier from previous lines. I wasn't crazy about the Massiff or Acklay. ToysRus should be called something like ToysRnotus because they have nothing in terms of new stuff and piles upon piles of peg warmers in figs, beasts, and vehicles. I have to say that we are about a month or two behind the U.S. in terms of receiving anything new, so my advice is to get there first because Wal-Mart and Zellers are the only real major stores that you will have any hope of finding anything. In closing I would like to say that I'm sure that we will receive all of the figures, but not as quick as most would expect. The only things that we may not get are the figures from the last assortment of the Saga line, just like Episode I, and POTJ.:D

jjreason
09-26-2002, 01:25 PM
Talrum - I think it's changed a little since I last went there. They were clearing out all Saga 1-40 for 3.99, no mention of bad pkgs. Mine came pretty nice, but I don't really check for spider lines, etc. I ripped them all right out toute de suite. None of the corners were bent, that I remember for sure because I was impressed with the care in packing. Recommended for sure, but they're in Atlanta so you can expect nearly month wait for your box.

Talrum
09-26-2002, 07:49 PM
jjreason: Thanks for the info!!! Sounds like a great deal, 3.99 for nrmnt stuff is great. It's not everyday we can get stuff which is cheaper than canadian retail with the exchange rate.