PDA

View Full Version : My Star Tours experience

WesleySr
09-12-2002, 04:03 AM
Well,

Let's see. I originally ordered 5 each. 1 set for myself and 1 for my friend JarJarBinks (if he still wants them). 1 for someone else (forgot) and 2 sets to trade with. I now have the first 3 figures. Now for the bad part:

The first 10 figures came in poorly wrapped and in a box barely big enough for them. I called and complained and they sent me some replacements for the ones that were damaged. No big problem. They also had the 3rd figure available when I called about the replacements, so I ordered 5 of them. They came in a couple of days ago and the bill said R3-D3, but the box was full of G2-4T. Called and complained again. They said they would Fed-Ex 5 more figures and I had to return the other ones to my local Disney store. Well, today the new ones came in while I was gone and guess what? That's right, crammed into a box barely big enough for 5 figures without the packing material. Well, after they crammed that packing material in on top of them, that's right, they got damaged. Not all of them, I managed to save 2 of them. Since I am opening my set, I only need 2 replaced this time. So, now I have to call again today.

Is anyone else out there having this much problems from them? And JarJarBinks, if you read this are you still interested in these? LMK, also anyone else interested, LMK.

Wesley Sr.

WesleySr
09-12-2002, 04:09 AM
And just for reference, the 3 droids that I have so far are:

RX-24
G2-4T
R3-D3

JangoFart
09-12-2002, 01:55 PM
I ordered some a month or so ago. They came packed better than any item I've ever bought on-line.

Sorry to hear you got the shaft like that!

J

WesleySr
09-12-2002, 02:27 PM
Which place did you order them from? I ordered mine from Walt Disney World Mail Order.

JangoFart
09-12-2002, 04:07 PM
I ordered them from Disney DelivEARS (so punny) at their 800 number.

Check this link for the good, and bad, news:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14393

J

WesleySr
09-12-2002, 04:30 PM
Well, I called them again today and they are sending me 2 replacements and I have to return 2 to my local Disney store.

JangoFart
09-12-2002, 05:25 PM
Well, that's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! But, not much better.

I'm sorry to hear that you have gotten shafted thus far. I was SO impressed with the quality of the shipping of the ones that I got. It's truly a shame if mine was the exception and not the rule. Hopefully for our fellow collectors, your experience will be the exception and not the rule.

J

Sean the Hutt
09-14-2002, 10:02 PM
mine were packed a bit shoddy as well, but i guess with so many figures over the years that I have collected ,the cards get a little bent or creased anyway. But i agree they should not come that way!

Jedi Master Silas
09-15-2002, 06:59 PM
I thought Disney wasnt taking orders via the phone anymore???

WesleySr
09-16-2002, 07:52 AM
I dont know, I think it depends on which phone # you call. I called (407) 363-6200. But, like I have posted, I have not been impressed with their packaging.

Sean the Hutt
09-16-2002, 11:47 PM
I got mine about 3 weeks ago, so it was before the crackdown...though I want to urder the next 3 so I will try to order and post back.

JangoFart
09-17-2002, 12:08 AM
Dig this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1767828370

I just bought a set. Not a bad price at all since the phone orders have been shut down.

J

Jedi Master Silas
09-17-2002, 07:24 PM
Hey Wesley! I see your in West Virginia also. If you want to trade or sale any of your extra Star Tour figs left me know! I left you a PM also.