PDA

View Full Version : Remote at-at

RobertDD
09-12-2002, 11:04 AM
I finally was able to pickup a loose three button at-at a couple of days ago. It's loose, but otherwise in perfect condition, and was sold on ebay. I can hardly believe I have it now. The guy that sold it even had all the figs and the MM snowspeeder.

However, I was wondering if there were any stands included with this at-at (for eigther the MM snowspeeder or the at-at itself). I am almost positive there weren't any, but maybe someone here is able to give me heads up on this.

Thanx in advance.

BTW: S43, if you read this, I tried to say hi the other day but the email address I have of you doesn't work anymore. Can you sent me an email?

good shot jansen
09-12-2002, 11:11 AM
wow! that is a great find mr. dd! there are folks here who have been searching fo that elusive jc penny at-at for years now! congratulations!!!!!!

r2dee2's excellent site (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/remoteatat.htm) provides the most amount of information about this 3 button at-at on the web.

she doesn't indicate whether or not the jc penny at-at came with a stand, however in the comparison photo, the standard kay bee one is the only one shown with a stand.

great find! :)

shinakuma43
09-12-2002, 02:00 PM
Congratulations RobertDD, I can't believe I didn't even see the auction. Can you send the URL or item number so I can figure out how I missed it? My e-mail address is: joe@actionfleet.com.

Later,
S43

shinakuma43
09-12-2002, 02:06 PM
Unbelievable!!!! I saw the auction, 7.00 with a buy now. Awesome deal. That's probably the best example of someone having no idea what they have yet still listing a buy now price that I've ever seen.

Later,
S43

RobertDD
09-12-2002, 04:41 PM
Hi guys,

I know people have been searching for it for years. I was one of them. I have viewed Marilyn's page many times over remenising over that at-at and wondering were and how to get it. I have been calling JCP hoping to find out how many of them they actually ever sold (and if they had perhaps a box of them in the back, as I just cannot believe that this thing is as rare as it now seems to be) but nothing I did had any result at all (until recently).

Anyways, the link to the at-at was:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763663566

It was an awesome deal, but if it sweetens the pain a little, I did pay an extra $5 for the 4 minifigs and the MM snowspeeder that were not includded in the auction but that he had laying around as well.

good shot jansen
09-12-2002, 05:56 PM
i know you don't post often here rdd, (maybe we can change that ;) ), i'm so glad that someone was able to snag this tough to get item who truely appreciates it. :happy:

of all the action fleet (and possibly galoob items), this may be the rarest of the lot! I've never seen it up on ebay (until you shared with us the link) great find.

this jcpenny at-at, prolly flys under most peoples radar, cause other than here, i've never seen a buzz about this anywhere. i don't even recall it ever coming up in conversation at the old buzz board.

well done! :)

i've been keeping my eye out (obviously not so well) for this walker for other ssg members here. of all the galoob lines, the electronic walking action fleet's are the only ones that i don't collect. don't know why:confused: for some reason, they have never fancied my interest.

it's prolly got something to do with the fact that all my kids other toys are all electonic in some way or another, always requiring batteries and such. yet in my sons electronic world of toys, the galoob mm's and af's are still by far his favorite toys to play with. i guess sub conciously, i'v avoided the electronic walkers (at-at, faamba, and tank), cause i love that mason plays with something that doesn't require batteries:confused:

anyway (enough psych 101 for today) once again, great find! :)

RobertDD
09-12-2002, 07:08 PM
Thanx GSJ,
As for me not posting much, U guys really say it all. I do lurk here quite a bit when I find a moment (like at least every two or three days, sometimes more). I just didnt have too much to add lately.

I have only seen one 3-button remote at-at before on ebay. A couple of months ago a seller named star-gem had one mint in box. She didn't have a "buy it now" on it, but I bid on it anyway (of course). A couple of hours after my bid she took it of line. She gave me a BS story claiming that the wire was bad that connects the at-at to the remote. I said I'd buy it anyway, but she didn't want to sell it to me anymore (something about her not feeling comfortable withthat, the original seller wanting it back (no, I asked but didnt get the email address of that guy), etc, etc). I figured someone else must've gotten to her outside of ebay and I was left very frustrated.
That frustration is all gone now, though.

Anyway, I have my collection (Star Wars action fleet, opened, complete except for a few minor variations like the alpha snowspeeder (nothing "hard to get" anymore ecxept the "unproduced podracers")) currently on a ship on the atlantic ocean as I recently moved from the Netherlands to the USA. As soon as I have it set up again in the custom built glass display case I had made for it I will post some pics here, promise.

JediTricks
09-12-2002, 07:55 PM
Congrats on the cool get, that is a great variation to have if you are looking for such things. I never got either walking AT-AT and after getting the walking Fambaa, I regret it a little. I'm sure we all have a story like that though. ;)

That first auction you described totally sucks, I hate that sort of thing. If you cannot stick by your auction, don't start it in the first place IMO.

The $5 for the figs and the MM snowspeeder doesn't sound like much of a sting to me. ;)

r2dee2
09-24-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by RobertDD
I finally was able to pickup a loose three button at-at a couple of days ago. It's loose, but otherwise in perfect condition, and was sold on ebay. I can hardly believe I have it now. The guy that sold it even had all the figs and the MM snowspeeder.

However, I was wondering if there were any stands included with this at-at (for eigther the MM snowspeeder or the at-at itself). I am almost positive there weren't any, but maybe someone here is able to give me heads up on this.

Thanx in advance.

BTW: S43, if you read this, I tried to say hi the other day but the email address I have of you doesn't work anymore. Can you sent me an email?

RobertDD...so sorry for the delay in responding to this post and your email. There is no stand for this set, so you didn't miss out. I've done some more scans of this cool set and will be putting them on my JCP remote AT-AT page soon. This all came in a white box, with the 3 button remote AT-AT, a snowspeeder and 2 sets of figures, plus the instruction sheet and these all were placed in a big plastic bubble inside the white box, akin to the Avon Action Fleet sets.

I too contacted JCP trying to get any sets (for forumers here) they might have piled in an Indiana Jones warehouse, by using the item number listed on the box.....but alas no luck. So glad to see someone else find this...I LOVE that third button!!! :cool:

Thanks to GSJ for promoting my page as well :D

r2dee2
09-24-2002, 03:20 PM
Here are a few more scans of the JCP remote control AT-AT (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/remoteatat.htm)

RobertDD
09-25-2002, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the reply, R2. Good to know I got it all.

RobertDD
09-17-2009, 11:10 AM
I just read through this thread about one of the greatest moments in my AF collecting. It made me sad to realize all that great info Marilyn had up once on Action Fleet is gone. :(

Anyways, this thread has replies from many of the old-time hard core Action Fleet collectors in it (missing only VT, I think), and since it's on a bit of an exotic topic I thought it would be fun to resurrect this old thread. I hope you guys appreciate it :)