PDA

View Full Version : TRU 12" Luke Hoth & Landspeeder out in W. Mass

Chewbacca1966
09-12-2002, 12:34 PM
I stopped at my local (W. Mass) TRU this morning and found that they had gotten in the new 12" Luke/Tauntaun as well as the Landspeeder w/ Luke.

Price tag on Tauntaun was $60, and Landspeeder was $20. Not sure that the landspeeder was worth it, but grabbed it anyways.

Looks like Tauntauns come 2 per case (like the Han did a couple years ago) while the Landspeeder must have 6 per case.

Prince Xizor
09-12-2002, 05:31 PM
What TRU in Western Mass are you talking about? I happen to live in W. Mass myself.

Bib Forlobster
09-12-2002, 06:18 PM
If anyone is interested, the TRU in Rockaway, NJ had both the Landspeeder and 12" Luke/TaunTaun overflowing the shelves. People seemed to be picking up the Landspeeder, but the 12" combo looks like it's going to turn into another Stormtrooper/Dewback which cluttered the shelves for a long time before finally being marked down.

The Luke/TaunTaun is a nice package, but we've pretty much seen this already. The only really noticeable difference in Luke is that his face is scarred from a Wampa attack and the TaunTaun has a broken tusk (I don't remember if Han's did or not). I can't see many selling for $60. It's mainly for serious collectors, and any who would want this probably purchased the Han (which came with more accesories) a few years ago.
It's a shame really, because now Hasbro and TRU will probably get the mindset that these 12" ship/creature combos aren't profitable enough and be hesitant to produce more. Don't they understand that fans want new molds of previously unproduced ship/creatures in the 12" scale???
Sorry, guess I'm going off on a tangent. I guess this replly should really be in the 12" thread.

Chewbacca1966
09-13-2002, 08:41 AM
It was the TRU in Springfield. Holyoke normally gets the same stuff at about the same time, so if Springfield is out of them and you're still hunting, try there.