PDA

View Full Version : Jango Pilot Question

Darth Evil
09-12-2002, 02:02 PM
Does the helmet from Kamino Boba fit on his head? If it does, then great!

Beast
09-12-2002, 02:15 PM
Nope, the people that have the figure that have reviewed it say that none of the helmets fit on his head. Which isn't a big loss, since we have more then enough helmeted Jango's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

patchiswelsh
09-12-2002, 02:36 PM
looks like cool fig

JEDIpartner
09-12-2002, 02:41 PM
...And he never wore the helmet and the comlink headset at the same time.

Darth Trymybestus
09-12-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
...And he never wore the helmet and the comlink headset at the same time.

ahhh in either the Zam Wesell or Jango Fett graphic novel, he takes his helmet off and he's got the Slave 1 Pilot headset.. I don't think it's movie accurate though :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Also, can the jetpack be removed?

jedi_uk73
09-12-2002, 04:28 PM
The jetpack as far as I know, can be removed, so Jango can be seated properly in Slave I.

LTBasker
09-12-2002, 04:47 PM
From what it appears the quick-draw mechanism is done by pushing down the rocket-type piece on the jetpack, so it's unlikely it could be removed. (He should've come with more, like a gunner console or the little holo figure of Dooku/Tyranus)

Jargo
09-12-2002, 06:31 PM
I'm buying this for the head. I think the feature looks dumb. spazzy arm flinging action! WOO! Why bother with these features that never work. Just leave the damn figures alone, the sculpts are great with so much work in the details, then they go and shove some gallumping great missile firing gubbins on the arm gauntlet or give him this spazzy arm fling or spear dropping action. Give it a rest already. It's really making me think twice about buying any of this stuff and I resent having to buy six figures just to cobble together the best bits and get one decent figure without gimmicks or forced features.

Chiesa
09-14-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by jedi_uk73
The jetpack as far as I know, can be removed, so Jango can be seated properly in Slave I.

Infact the jetpack cannot be removed!! I just ripped it out of its card... The pack is there for the gimmick I presume... where you press the missle for the drawback action! :)

Cheers

Darth Evil
09-14-2002, 03:58 PM
That's stupid! Will he sit in Slave 1 properly?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2002, 04:29 PM
On the cardback, it looks like he can sit in it properly.

JEDIpartner
09-14-2002, 10:19 PM
This one looks more like Temura than the previous one.

Chiesa
09-14-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
That's stupid! Will he sit in Slave 1 properly?

Yes he does sit in the slave I rather well in my opinion... But I don't think he is must of a good looker when he is posing next to my other figures... Its due to his gimmick and his hands seems like as though his bones were all broken and he can't raise 'em up! :) But in the slave I... everything just looks in place...

Cheers ;D

Darth Evil
09-15-2002, 06:55 AM
Very good, I might buy him after all...

bigbarada
09-16-2002, 03:12 PM
I still think that it is lame that he doesn't come with a helmet that fits over his headset.

Who cares if he didn't actually wear it while wearing his headset? (which I'm still convinced is what he uses to lock the helmet into place anyway, why his head didn't fall out of his helmet when Boba picked it up in the Arena, it was locked into place via the headset) I don't want a different Jango for every stinking frame of the movie. I want ONE all-purpose Jango that can fill in for every scene (except for the pajama scene of course).

All Hasbro had to do was make one version of him with the headset sculpted on, a helmet to fit over it, both jetpacks and his blasters with holsters. That's it.

LTBasker
09-16-2002, 03:38 PM
Actually BigB, as it was covered in the AOTC section, they actually put a shadow that flys away from the helmet in the movie when the head was knocked and the shadow represented the head flying out of the helmet so that they could have the scene with Boba picking up the helmet and not have Jango's head slide out like cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving. ;)

Although if they had trimmed it a little bit on the side then they might've be able to mold a helmet, but nope they made it big enough to stand out.

bigbarada
09-16-2002, 04:00 PM
sssshhhhhhhlllllllllrrrrrrrr....*plop* That would have been great.:D

Regardless, I think there still has to be something there to hold the helmet in place, anyone who has tried wearing one of those Deluxe Don Post masks knows what I am talking about (unless the mask is just too small for your head, in which case you would never be able to wear it all the time anyway). If the helmet is not anchored on is some way, it's movements will never match up with the actor's head. The helmet would always be a millisecond behind the actor's movements, like what could be seen several times in ANH and ESB before they redesigned the Stormtrooper helmet.