PDA

View Full Version : Any more Saga Vehicles planned????!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 03:48 PM
Alrighty, first off, i stumbled upon some extra money. It's coming back to me from my student loans. Anyway, i figured, "hey, why not get some of the vehicles you've missed?" So, I am. Question is: What is coming out in the future? I was gone from the boards for a few weeks, so i'm not sure if i missed anything. I wanna pick up the Tie-interceptor, Tie-Bomber and Snowspeeder as well as maybe some other stuff.

the question: does Hasblah have any more vehicles they are releasing??? I know there are rumors about the Sandcrawler and whatnot, but i don't wanna get an POTF Tie-fighter or Falcon and then have a better one come out. So, if there any suggestions/comments, please let me know. thanks in advance!

Beast
09-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Well, there are only rumors at the moment for what is in the works. But here is a complete list of what is rumored for next year. Most likely the bigger ones will be exclusives. :)

Boba Fett's Slave 1 (Jango Fett's Slave 1 Re-paint most likely)
Count Dooku's Speeder w/ Count Dooku
Jabba the Hutt w/ Dais and figure
Owen's Swoop Bike w/ Anakin Skwalker
Sandcrawler w/ figure
TIE Bomber (re-issue - Non-Exclusive? )
TIE Fighter (New)
Twin Pod Cloud Car

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
09-12-2002, 04:18 PM
Not forgeting Jedi starfighter with hyperdrive ring. rumour speculation and conjecture but still floating as a possible.

Beast
09-12-2002, 04:22 PM
Doh, I forgot about that Jargo. :) Also the Jedi Starfighter w/ Obi-Wan Kenobi: Pilot is avaliable now from KB Toy Store and Sears. Also there is a repack of Jango's Slave 1 w/ Pilot Jango coming later this year as an exclusive to K-Mart. But they may loose that exclusive to KB like they lost the Jedi Starfighter w/ Pilot Obi. And of course the FAO Imperial Shuttle. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-12-2002, 04:22 PM
They should just make the hyperdrive ring, not release a 3rd Starfighter.

Prince Xizor
09-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Can they re-release the Tie Bomber? If it was an exclusive, wouldn't Walmart have had a contract for it? Just wondering....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the info!! I already got the Starfighter and Slave I, but i love the new windows, i can see the vehicle, but i'm not going to take back my slave i or starfighter to get the new window. I like how the saga and the last POTJ vehicles looked, so they probably won't redo any of those. I want a new Falcon dangit!!

Beast
09-12-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
Can they re-release the Tie Bomber? If it was an exclusive, wouldn't Walmart have had a contract for it? Just wondering....
That depends on their contract with Hasbro. Target's contract with Hasbro doesn't allow them to release the vehicles another way. But I'm not sure about Wal-Mart's. It's probably due to Target threatening to pull support of the Star Wars line, back when the 12" exclusives weren't selling well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 05:41 PM
why would they wanna do the tie-bomber? I thought the POTJ looks pretty spiffy myself. Why can't they redo the Falcon?!?!?!? That's just SCREAMING to get remade!!!! c'mon Hasbro!!! Pull through for once!!!!

Beast
09-12-2002, 05:49 PM
From what I understand, the TIE Bomber sold so well, and actually pretty much sold out nationwide. And people are still asking for it. So Hasbro is considering releasing it as a non-exclusive release in new Saga packaging for everyone to buy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 05:51 PM
ah, i see i see. then why is it taking long if it's supposed to happen?!?!?!? it's like "pick it up and put it in the box to your left" they should be on the shelves now dangit!

Darth Sidious
09-12-2002, 06:02 PM
Just wondering, aside from the Gunship, where are all of the Geonosian Land Battle vehicles/droids? Spider Droids (Large and Small) and Hailfire Droids (3-Pack like Droid fighters?) and AT-TEs are a must. These are what we really need!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 06:09 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh sweet monkey, you're right Darth Sidious!!!! forget about these Starfighter and Slave I things, we need those!!! oooooooooh, nilly!!

Beast
09-12-2002, 06:12 PM
Now that you mention the different Tank Droids, there is a "Tank Droid" that turned up in the rumors list that I forgot to put. That doesn't help let us know which one thogh. I'm thinking it would likely be one or both of the Spider Tank Droids. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-12-2002, 06:12 PM
The Dwarf Spider Droid is rumored to be a Deluxe fig.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 06:17 PM
what? which one is the spider-droid again???

Battle Droid
09-12-2002, 06:20 PM
Dwarf Spider Droid

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/dwarfspiderdroid/index.html

Homing Spider Droid

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/homingspiderdroid/index.html

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 06:21 PM
Thanks ya Battle droid!! :D

Jargo
09-12-2002, 06:26 PM
And the hailfire droid is also rumoured for a release sometime next year as a vehicle proper.
The AT-TE is also a prospect but nothing has been rumoured strongly enough yet to sugest it as a fact.

Bib Forlobster
09-12-2002, 06:26 PM
A new Falcon would be sweet!!!

Can you imagine one that was to scale?!!?

You would have to dedicate a room in your house in order to display it!!!

Obviously, will never happen, but we can always dream. A more accurate one within reason would be nice.

Battle Droid
09-12-2002, 06:28 PM
If they make the AT-TE they've gotta make the cargo carrying Republic Gunship to carry it.

Darth Sidious
09-12-2002, 07:07 PM
Good! I'm glad to hear that some of those are in the works. We just got new carpet that slightly resembles the ground color in the Geonosian Land Battle, so if they make those expect a diorama from me. :) Dwarf Droids are only Deluxe? That's great! I thought they'd be $15 or so. Thanks. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 07:38 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm geonosis colored carpet..... would work very very well!!!

Sinister Lord
09-12-2002, 08:33 PM
I'm curious about how they will do the "sail" on Dooku's ship... that might be cool. And the twin-pod cloud car is long overdue. I also think thay should issue a new version of the Falcon... come on Hasbro! Get a clue! Anything that was ONLY issued in an orange package deserves to be revisited at this point. It's been a while. You've revisited the Landspeeder, the Snowspeeder, and the AT-ST... how about the Falcon?

Battle Droid
09-12-2002, 08:34 PM
They'd probably do the sail like they did on the Micro machine Dooku ship, or it just wouldn't have one.

Darth Sidious
09-12-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm geonosis colored carpet..... would work very very well!!!

Haha...I can see it now... "What color of carpet would you like?" "Geonosis." :D There will be enough room for the diorama, that's for sure...I will need more clones though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 09:03 PM
Yeah, and you know in time, somebody would start producing "Star Wars" themed carpets. I can see it now, flipping around TV one night and having some spunky, usually bald guy jump at me:
"C'mon on down to Buddy's carpet, where we have all the best Star wars carpets!!! we have:
The Phantom Menace: Naboo (with waterfall/forest designs)
Attack of the Clones (geonosis style!)
A new Hope (Tattoine desert style, with designs of sand dunes and hills)
Empire Strikes back (a 2-pack! Hoth with snow drifts and random Alliance/Empire troopers lying face down and Dagobah, Swamp Style!)
Return of the Jedi: (Endor Forest w/ tree and bushes)

Mention this ad and you'll get a free sample of our Space carpet design!! perfect for re-creating those pivotal space battles!!"

k, back to watching ESB :D

stad
09-12-2002, 09:33 PM
A properly scaled Millenium Falcon would be awesome. It would also be huge and expensive. I think the closest thing is the TRU Falcon they had on display a few years ago, that would be just about the right size.

jad
09-13-2002, 02:54 PM
When Hasbro releases the Dwarf spider droid I think it would be neat if they would put it in a box, a small box similar to the boxes they packed the vintage mini rigs in. Thos boxes were really neat and they had great box art.

I do appreciate how the saga line is starting to do packaging similar to the vintage line. It would be even cooler if they could do beutiful original painting art for the boxes like the original POTF Tatooine Skiff.

Anyway I really hope they release all the Geonosis battle related vehicles, especially the AT-TE which I don't think would probably end up being too expensive, probably around the same price as the Gunship.

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-14-2002, 10:31 AM
The Sandcrawler sounds cool too, I have been waiting for this for a long time! Maybe if we're lucky it'll comne with one of the droids that never made it as a figure bfore like the Mining droid!

bigbarada
09-14-2002, 03:23 PM
I don't see why an AT-TE would need to be any bigger than the AT-AT, at least in girth. It would obviously have to be shorter. I would rather have a scaled-down, well-detailed vehicle made right now, than a correctly scaled monster that never sees the light of day due to production costs.

How does that old saying go? I bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Well, a toy in my shopping cart is worth two on my wish list.:)