PDA

View Full Version : Landspeeder Question

Prince Xizor
09-12-2002, 05:29 PM
I just picked up the TRU exclusive Landspeeder. Upon opening it I realized that the Luke figure that it came with has a tannish torso but the arms are almost pure white. I know not to expect much from a pack-in figure but I was wondering if it's like this on everybody's or is the one I have an error?

Jargo
09-12-2002, 07:34 PM
Probably a paint overspray. They sprayed tan colored paint onto him to make him look a little dirty. Mine has dirty sleeves and his lower tunic is dirty but his upper tunic is clean, looks like whoever sprayed yours got carried away. I wouldn't say it was more or less valuable just different. It's not an error even just a plain old overspray.

Prince Xizor
09-12-2002, 10:04 PM
Thanks Jargo.

JediTricks
09-13-2002, 04:27 AM
I saw a dozen of this set yesterday at 3 different locations and they ALL had the white arms and dirty "vest". I wish they would spray these AFTER they put them together instead of before.

JEDIpartner
09-15-2002, 12:42 PM
Wow! I didn't have this problem with the Luke packed-in with the Speeder I got! Sorry to hear about the carelessness, but then- that's Hasblah for you!

OC47150
09-16-2002, 02:02 PM
Is it worth picking up? I've been debating it.

Prince Xizor
09-16-2002, 03:54 PM
I didn't have the original Landspeeders, so of course I was going to pick this one up.

If you don't have the orig either, I would definitly pick it up, but if you do, I have no idea how differant they are. So I would ask somebody who does have it.

OC47150
09-16-2002, 03:59 PM
I have the original 70s landspeeder and the POTF landspeeder. From what I've read, the differences are the paint scheme and the "secret compartment" hood up front is all one piece.

I think it's a cool vehicle. I like it better than the new X-wing.

JediTricks
09-16-2002, 04:07 PM
The new landspeeder is totally different on the outside - new hull, only the interior suspension is the same thing.

karinations
09-16-2002, 05:30 PM
My figure is like that too,it appears to be a re-paint/deco of the Classic Power of the Force Flashback Luke that had the long gun and Gillians Island hat from that deleted scene in the beginning of A New Hope.The legs are further apart and the tunic is sprayed a sandy color.Landspeeder is kick ***.

-V-

http://www.karinations.com
http://www.citizenv.com