PDA

View Full Version : what do you think we will see in 2005?

hango fett
09-12-2002, 04:43 PM
well, there will probably be
1 padme' skywalker with: child bearthing action!
2 anikan skywalker with: duel damage and removable armor!
3 obi-wan kenobi with: dueling lightsaber action!
4 jar jar binks with: death wound from mace windu!
5 mace windu with: dissapearing action! (maybe decapitaton action???)
6 emperor palpintine (or whatever he will be in III) with: dark force lightning! (possible a lightsaber if lucas wants to go out with a bang?)
7 yoda with:slashing lightsaber attack!
8 ghost of qui-gonn????
.....anyone else got any ideas???
h
edit in: since most of you take these seriously...i would like to say that they are just for fun and if hasbro made them now. like i said in my last post in this thread:):)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 04:45 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble Hango, but i'd say, oh, 1, 2, o' 3 of those figures are under the "not bloody likely" category. I'd like to see a Anakin/Vader figure. I bet money they'll have figures of Leia and Luke as little tykes too, that'll be kinda nifty.

The Overlord Returns
09-12-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
well, there will probably be
1 padme' skywalker with: child bearthing action!
h

Ha! Hi - Larious!!

I can almost see the lil lastic sky babies poppin out!

...eww....

Bib Forlobster
09-12-2002, 05:38 PM
How about a "Bail Organa" figure? I know he was in AOTC, but maybe his role will be more prominant in Episode III.

Also, a Mon Mothma back when she was a hot, young teenager.

hango fett
09-12-2002, 05:44 PM
oh, yeha! mon mothma! bail would be another one! good ideas guys! but you never know what hasbro will pull next!
h

stad
09-12-2002, 05:51 PM
Re: what do you think we will see in 2005?

The end of the line.

Okay, maybe not until 2006 for that.

Beast
09-12-2002, 05:51 PM
1. Padme won't happen. You will likely get a figure that looks pregnant, but you aren't going to have no birthing action. Since the birth will likely occur off screen, not only because the film is PG, but to also keep the secret of Leia. :)

2. Anakin will probably have a damaged version, if what happens to him occurs on screen. It depends how things play out with the storyline. Removable armor is alot to ask for, since Vader can't remove it unless he's in his chamber or personal areas. :)

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi will probably happen. Though I don't think gimmicks will be around in 2+ years. If they are there will be alot of annoyed collectors. Note that I won't be one of them. :)

4. Jar Jar Binks will of course get a figure. But even if he does die, which is huge speculation, it won't be at Mace's hands. It would be more likely he escapes with Padme to Alderaan, or is killed by Anakin/Vader as he tries tries to delay him so that Yoda, Obi, and the rest can escape. :)

5. Mace Windu of course will get yet another figure. How exactly would they do disapeering action, even though I don't see him doing a vanishing act. He's not going to get decapitated though. Wouldn't fly in a PG film because he's a unmasked human charecter. You can do it with Jango and Tusken's because he wears a helmet and they are masked unknowns. :)

6. Emperor Palpatine will likely reveal himself in E3, but I don't see him with a lightsaber. And I don't see him actually being shown using any of his force powers. That should remain a secret until E6 when he shoots force lightning at Luke. :)

7. Yoda of course will get another figure, since he's so popular. I don't see them putting an action feature like that in him though. He's way to small for the figure's body to contain the mechanism. Plus like I said, I don't see gimmicks being around in 2+ years. :)

8. Qui-Gon Spirit is a good bet, but that depends if he actually makes an apperance. Lucas is saying that he will, but anything can happen in 2+ years. Plus the fact that spirit figures don't do all that great as action figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
09-12-2002, 06:13 PM
My predictions of the first waves:

Collection 1:

Anakin Skywalker (Sith Training)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Tatooine Disguise)
Padme Amidala (Naboo Disguise)
Mace Windu (Jedi General)
Yoda (Jedi General)
Count Dooku (Sith Lord)

Collection 2:

Bail Organa (Alderaan Chair)
Palpatine (Emperor's Seclusion)
Imperial Officer (Prequel)
Boba Fett (Bounty Hunter)
Figure - Infantry/Soldier
Figure - Minor Villain
Figure - Jedi

Battle Droid
09-12-2002, 06:18 PM
Some type of new droid, maybe a Super Duper Battle Droid. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 06:41 PM
Lord Tenebrous- I like your predictions, very very much!! Good call!!! let's hope you're on the mark!!

mylow thehutt
09-12-2002, 06:53 PM
You forgot the Only 2 that survive the whole 6 darn movies 3PO and R2.c'mon we need them

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 06:59 PM
Ah, calm yourself Mylow!! They'd be in Wave 3!!!! ;)

hango fett
09-12-2002, 07:25 PM
you guys, i was basically kidding around and being sarcastic with these. not being very serious. just keep it in mind....
:)
h

Lord Tenebrous
09-12-2002, 07:27 PM
Right. :)

I think R2 and 3PO fared better in the TPM release schedule. Not to mention that the extra month or two will allow Hasbro to accurately portray the two in figure form.

(I'd discuss further, but this isn't the place for spoilers)

DarthBrandon
09-12-2002, 07:49 PM
I really don't have any predictions to what figures will be released in 2005, as I am concentrating on 2002 to 2003 right now. Hasbro will make many from now on till the line is discontinued, so if we want figures like Captain Antilles, General Reekien (SP) and the smaller less important ones we need to keep bugging Hasbro as usual. :D

P.S. I like some of your ideas so far, but I don't think that Hasbro will make most of these as GL will make the best decision possible for it being a P.G. rated movie.:) If I think of any from now on, I'll post when I have a big enough list.

MTFBWYA

plo koon 200
09-12-2002, 10:17 PM
I want a lava mutialted Anakin.

Geonosian
09-13-2002, 01:56 AM
OMG!! Too early!!!!

GEEZE!

hango fett
09-14-2002, 06:45 AM
hey, you have to think ahead....way ahead....
h

Geonosian
09-14-2002, 08:39 AM
Dude Episode 3 came out 4 months ago....come on..

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-14-2002, 09:55 AM
I like most otheres would like to see all the Geniosian Battle stuff, A new Falcon, and I personaly would like more anything due to I wasn't able to get hardly anything from TPM and the POTF2 line

Geonosian
09-14-2002, 10:09 AM
Including Geonosian Picador with Orray?

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-14-2002, 10:17 AM
Yes, In fact I am really set on getting one if it comes out so I can Make my Geneosion Battle Thingy

Jargo
09-14-2002, 04:01 PM
At the rate Ephant mon is being released I'd say he's likely to be on the pegs in 2006. he won the poll waaaaaaaay back on the 15th August 2001. hasbro reckon it taks them 10 months to get a fugure done. A fan choice figure falls into the category of special figures alongside exclusives and gets different treatment than regular basic fodder. It's unlikely that Ephant will see the pegs before October at this rate so what's taken so long? Enquiring minds want answers from hasbro on this issue.

bigbarada
09-14-2002, 04:13 PM
I have seen some Ephant Mon figures showing up on ebay, from American sellers who claim to have them "on hand." But Brian's Toys doesn't even have them yet, and they usually get their stuff a few weeks early.

Wasn't he scheduled for Sept? What is happening?:(

QLD
09-14-2002, 04:25 PM
Dude Episode 3 came out 4 months ago....come on..

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

*blows own head off with shotgun*

hango fett
09-14-2002, 04:29 PM
maybe hasbro forgot that we wanted ephant mon. knowing them, they did...and wheres the....nope, won't go there....if i say that, then somebody will sat "SHEESH! HE WAS JUST REALESED! GIVE HIM SOME TIME!" so i will not say anything.
h

Jargo
09-14-2002, 04:37 PM
I was looking at the carded pics steve posted here and I have to say that between the painted hardcopy and the release version there's nary a mistake, the paint apps look to be spot on and the whole thing looks so wicked funky I'm all excited he said as the understatement of the year. :D (I couldn't say what i was going to for the auto censor and the lil cheeldren visiting here)

This has got to be the best darned figure ever ever ever! I like many but this is one I'll grab along with the nexu should I ever have to evacuate my house for any reason. I just couldn't leave it behind. I'm well chuffed the sculpt gave him proper sleeves instead of just a bit of cloth hanging over his arms like the design showed. I just cannot wait to get my little pinkies on this fella. I was all set to order it this week and then hasbro delayed delivery again by shoving yet more Luminara and Taun We in the cases. Damn them all to hell! We want Ephant Mon Hasbro!!!!!!!

bigbarada
09-14-2002, 04:43 PM
I'm hoping that all this extra time is being spent to make sure that none of the Ephant Mon figures have sloppy paint apps, crooked eyes, annoying variations and are all just as perfect as can be.

Sheaaaahhh! Right!:frus:

hango fett
09-14-2002, 04:49 PM
oh, no. there will be some idiot at HB that makes a error on the card, or forgets to put the cane thing in.......:rolleyes:
h

Lord Tenebrous
09-14-2002, 06:48 PM
Back to 2005 (Episode III), some fairly non-spoiler material to work with is the prologue, Journal of the Whills, starting...

Aided and abetted by restless, power-hungry individuals within the government, and the massive organs of commerce, the ambitious Senator Palpatine caused himself to be elected President of the Republic. He promised to reunite the disaffected among the people and to restore the remembered glory of the Republic.

Once secure in office he declared himself Emperor, shutting himself away from the populace. Soon he was controlled by the very assistants and boot-lickers he had appointed to high office, and the cries of the people for justice did not reach his ears.

Having exterminated through treachery and deception the Jedi Knights, guardians of justice in the galaxy, the Imperial governors and bureaucrats prepared to institute a reign of terror among the disheartened worlds of the galaxy. Many used the imperial forces and the name of the increasingly isolated Emperor to further their own personal ambitions.

But a small number of systems rebelled at these new outrages. Declaring themselves opposed to the New Order they began the great battle to restore the Old Republic.

From the beginning they were vastly outnumbered by the systems held in thrall by the Emperor. In those first dark days it seemed certain the bright flame of resistance would be extinguished before it could cast the light of new truth across a galaxy of oppressed and beaten peoples ...

It was extremely fun to speculate about AOTC based on that first paragraph. And now that we have names and specific actions, it's great. :)

Rogue II
09-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

*blows own head off with shotgun*
If we are playing Name that Tune, I guess "Suicide Solution" by Ozzy.:D

If you're dead, does that I automatically win in SSG Fantasy Football this week and get first dibs on your players?;)

Maybe we will get to see:
Imperial Guards in action in Episode III. I've been wanting to see that since I heard about the cut scenes from ROTJ.

Or maybe we can see the Clonetroopers evolve into Stormtroopers.

I WANT MY EPHANT MON!

Jargo
09-15-2002, 07:33 AM
Mighty morphing clormtroopers!!! erm, stonetroopers?

There'll definately be figures of al the main characters that's for sure. Maybe we'll see the birth of the tie fighters? That'd be sweet.

Turbowars
09-15-2002, 12:06 PM
It's refreshing to see some humor on these boards! With all the editing that has been going on, I'm suprised this thread is still going......................................... On a happier note, I can't wait until 2025 when the POTF3 comes out and we get to start all over. Lucus will probably have his grandkids rework the 6 films and turn them into cartoons. Hey it can happen, I mean we got JarJar!

Lord Tenebrous
09-15-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Maybe we'll see the birth of the tie fighters? That'd be sweet.

The SIE-TIE engine was invented prior to AOTC, and if you put on the commentary track on the DVD, it should be somewhat easier to spot the TIE and X-Wing during the Coruscant Chase.

That gives Hasbro 4 films from which to label a new TIE Fighter. Although, for nostalgia purposes, seeing ANH on the box is always welcome. :)

Jargo
09-15-2002, 06:44 PM
The twin Ion engine may have been around but as far as I'm concerned those glimpses in AOTC are an unfuny in joke and the TIE fighter doesn't appear until later. Putting them into the Coruscant chase scene was just plain dumb. If they'd put in a Y-wing with all it's hull plates intact I might have thought it was cool, always loved the Y-wing and it's an old old ship by the time ANH swings round so it would have been about right to see it in AOTC. Pity they didn't think a little more before goofing off and adding anomolies into the mix when creating the prequels.

Geonosian
09-15-2002, 10:56 PM
EJ PLEASE, LEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CAN YOU MAKE ME A COLEMAN TREBOR SP AVARTAR LIKE THE DARTH MAUL ONE YOU MADE. IF YOU CAN NOT MALE COLEMAN CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE A GEONOSIAN PICADOR ON AN ORRAY LIKE THE DARTH MAUL ONE YOU MADE....

PLEASE, MY FRIEND....

evenflow
09-16-2002, 10:40 AM
Jabba the Hutt is a possibility in my opinion, hey i am hoping.

bigbarada
09-16-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Geonosian
EJ PLEASE, LEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CAN YOU MAKE ME A COLEMAN TREBOR SP AVARTAR LIKE THE DARTH MAUL ONE YOU MADE. IF YOU CAN NOT MALE COLEMAN CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE A GEONOSIAN PICADOR ON AN ORRAY LIKE THE DARTH MAUL ONE YOU MADE....

PLEASE, MY FRIEND....

Cripes, why don't you leave the man alone? He already made you that Poggle avatar and it's a friggin masterpiece. Be happy with what you got and stop spamming the boards stalking Jargo and begging him for even more avatars.

Geonosian
09-16-2002, 08:23 PM
EJ.....I have trust in YOU. I wait in hope my friend.

Dar' Argol
09-16-2002, 09:34 PM
EJ.....I have trust in YOU. I wait in hope my friend.

Geonosian, the more and more you badger Jargo, the more he is not going to make it for you. Drop it! If he wants/can make it for you he will. If not, live with it. Your running around, pestering him, and adding nothing to the thread. This could be concidered stalking. If I see it happen again, I will delete your post.

And the reason I am posting this publically is because a couple ppl have told you about it and you've been PM'ed by other forumites about it and you are not letting up. Next post I see about you bugging Jargo will be deleted.

Geonosian
09-17-2002, 01:26 AM
Exuse me..no one has pmed me to stop.
Get your facts right..

Rogue II
09-17-2002, 07:05 AM
Exuse me..no one has pmed me to stop.
Get your facts right..

...ahem...:rolleyes:

Back to the Episode 3 space battle...

I think some of the rebel's ships should appear in Episode 3. Most of the fighters and cargo planes in the world right now are well over 20 years old.

Imperials should have money so they could have early versions of the TIE, similar to how the clone army had the primitive AT-ATs.