PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else have quality control issues w/ Deluxe Yoda?

JediTricks
09-12-2002, 07:40 PM
I got deluxe Yoda last night and it had a couple of problems so bad that it's gotta go back.

- The hatch that covers the underside of the base fell off and refused to stay on.
- Yoda's right arm peg is jammed, and I discovered this too late so the arm moved but the peg didn't and twisted the peg apart.

I had some other minor problems as well, but these 2 were so bad that it just HAS to get replaced. Has anybody else had troubles like this with this figure?

AreTwo-DeeTwo
09-12-2002, 09:07 PM
No, but I have heard, and seen, a few problems with the Anakin deluxe with Geonosian Warrior. So, maybe it's a Deluxe figure problem?

fourtwo
09-13-2002, 03:02 AM
maybe they just been eager to get it out. i haven;t seen this fig yet, but things have been a bit hokey latley. maybe things will get better once we get out of the movie year

gibbspaulus
09-13-2002, 04:52 AM
I have all sorts of issues will ALL the deluxe so far. The flipppers don't flip, and are useless without their bases. Yoda is fine, but the SBD was a nasty, cheap, shoddy, warped piece of cheap plastic and the 'force powers' are clunky. 3PO and the BD is a nice idea, but the claw may as well be made of cheese. Ani is okay if you're into reenacting Jesus Christ SUperstar with your figures, as long as you don't mind their arms falling off....

Need I go on...?

I love the Nexu though

Jargo
09-13-2002, 05:07 AM
Yes the Nexu is fantastic. Yoda and sbd are poopy. That base thing is such a waste of time and I can see kids getting really frustrated with how crap it is and how the features don't work. I can see paremts etting irate because little jonny won't play with his shoddy product that cost so much.

Sushi chopping anakin and geonosian are pathetic. The geonosian falls apart soon as look at it and anakin is a waste of space.

I like the threepio set but the arm mechanism is bad. Horrible bendy plastics all over the place.

Deluxe to me says special and that little bit extra. Nothing special with these sets and the extra would be what - the surprise you find when the product doesn't do what it says on the box?

Lyet
09-13-2002, 08:04 AM
Heheh I guess it's a good thing I haven't been able to find this one yet.

fourtwo
09-13-2002, 12:36 PM
actually the only deluxe i have is the jango and he won't stand up.
:(

JEDIpartner
09-13-2002, 01:23 PM
I didn't have a problem with mine.

JediTricks
09-13-2002, 03:38 PM
Yeah, deluxe really is Hasbro's dumping ground, for the most part. It's really weird, the paint apps are almost always substandard and usually something's gone wrong between the design and manufacturing stages - yet Hasbro charges more for these.

As to this Yoda, I guess if mine is the only one with problems this severe, I won't feel so bad about replacing it. If all the Yoda figs were this crummy, I'd want my money back instead of a replacement.

hango fett
09-13-2002, 03:47 PM
sounds like you got the bad end of the straw. or just a bad factory mistake. i hope i get a good one! i hope you get a good one too, jeditricks!
h

Sinister Lord
09-13-2002, 03:48 PM
So far, I've had no problems with my deluxe figures... aside from Mace having no foot holes. All other issues have been easily overcome and my deluxe figures look just fine in my display area.

Battle Droid
09-13-2002, 03:55 PM
The best Deluxe figure is probably the Nexu, and hopefully the Dwarf Spider droid will be just as good.

I've only got the Nexu and Deluxe Anakin with Geonosian, the Geonosian being the best part of that 2 pack.

Jargo
09-13-2002, 05:29 PM
Aint that a fact and no mistake. Actually, the lower half of Anakin below the oversized belt - his legs - is okay. The head sculpt although screaming for some bizarre reason, is a good sculpt. But what the hell went wrong with the torso and arms besides the crappty sushi slicing feature? dear oh dear, the geonosian is supposed to be a pack in afterthought but it's much more worthwhile buying the set for than the main deal. Hasbro seriously needs to rethink this whole 'deluxe' status they slap on these things cuz so far only one out of all these packs has turned out that way.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2002, 12:03 PM
I only have three deluxes so far - Mace, Yoda, and C-3PO (I try to get the basic ones first, but these looked too cool to wait). My Mace has feet holes, so no problem there (except that the battle droid won't stand up - but what else is new?). I think the C-3PO set is great, except for the gummy head-switch thing. And the deluxe Yoda is fantastic. The only two things wrong with it are: 1) The SBD's blast effect won't stay on and 2) If you try to push him forward fast to topple the crane, he falls over instead (I prefer the twisting over the pushing anyway). Other than that, these sets are great. Yes, I will be getting the others (I'm a completist [but not of variations or in-package figs]) and I look forward to them. :)

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-14-2002, 12:10 PM
Haven't had any problems exept we haven't got them yet

JediTricks
09-14-2002, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the info on your Deluxe Yoda sets, I feel better knowing I probably won't get burned twice.

Here's what I think is wrong with the base on mine, the post that keeps the moving arm under yoda is too long and won't allow the underside hatch to stay in place. I could shave it down a few millimeters and it might work, but there's the ruined arm. I guess this one was just the one with ALL that bad luck.

On deluxe Anakin, two things I don't get are these:
- Why are the eyebrows so thick?
- Why is it designed so the head cannot turn?

Battle Droid
09-14-2002, 02:34 PM
And why does Anakin's arms fall off when you try to move them?

JediTricks
09-14-2002, 03:29 PM
They're attached to the shoulders on these oversized ball joints that are 100% restricted - they have tabs specifically to keep them from moving, this is what makes them pop off when you rotate them. I suppose this is like that to keep the arm-crossing action at the correct angles, but it seems unnecessary to me.