PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro bring back Complete Galaxys!

Battle Droid
09-12-2002, 10:37 PM
You guys agree?

Geonosis (with Poggle the Lesser in his Arena Box since he's the ruler of Geonosis)
Kamino (with Lama Su, since he's the Prime Minister of Kamino looking off the balcony at the Clonetroopers)
Coruscant (with Palpatine setting in the look alike Emperor's Thrown)
Death Star II (with the Emperor (with cloth robe) setting in his thrown)
Naboo (with Gungan Council Rep or Queen Jamillia)
Canceled Hoth (with Hoth Leia)
Alderaan (with exploding Bail Organa, LOL just kidding)

SaeseeTiin
09-13-2002, 01:04 PM
I would adore for the Complete Galaxies to return.
I like your Geonosis idea.
But on the Coruscant one would be best with a Yarael Poof figure, now that would be cool.

STiin

JediCole
09-14-2002, 11:26 AM
Though I was never terribly keen on the Complete Galaxy sets, should Hasbro consider your suggestion, a better version of Lama Su in this context would be seated in one of those weird spoon seats depending from the top (when opened) of the bowl of the globe interior. Perhaps with the lower half depicting a miniature of the waterbound city set into a translucent ocean base (with white applied to the crests of the waves) and a little flying whale thing breaching the waves.

bigbarada
09-14-2002, 11:26 AM
Hasbro, please do not EVER waste shelf space with the Complete Galaxy "playsets" again.

That's all I have to say.:zzz:

QLD
09-14-2002, 12:38 PM
May I add.....please do not ever waste floor space with more Complete Galaxy playsets ever again.

That's all I have to add. ;)

bigbarada
09-14-2002, 02:39 PM
Micro Collection
Power F/X
Gunner Stations
Complete Galaxy
Epic Force
Ep1 Battle Bags
6" POTJ Deluxe
10" Ep1 Electronic

"I'll take failed Star Wars Toy Concepts for $100, Alex."

:D

Rogue II
09-14-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
May I add.....please do not ever waste floor space with more Complete Galaxy playsets ever again.

That's all I have to add. ;)

I second third the motion!

SaeseeTiin
09-15-2002, 01:59 AM
What don't you like about the Complete Galaxies?
Just curious...

STiin

Jedi Master Silas
09-15-2002, 05:50 PM
I dont mind the complete galaxies as long as they introduce figures that havent been produced before.

Also make them inexpensive too. (Wishful thinking)

Rogue II
09-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by SaeseeTiin
What don't you like about the Complete Galaxies?
Just curious...

STiin

The Vader CG looked okay, but I didn't buy it. I kind of wish I picked it up when I saw it for $5, but oh well.

The other 3 had terrible looking backgrounds. The "Planet" of the Complete Galaxy is what I didn't like. I would rather have a deluxe figure or a figure packaged like the 25th anniversary 2 packs.

The only one I bought was the Ewok/Endor. I liked the glider. Some might complain that the figure was a Wicket re-paint, but it doesn't bother me.

LTBasker
09-15-2002, 07:01 PM
Vader was ok and Luke was ok (it was a new Jedi Luke so) but the Ewok and Yoda weren't very good. The glider I liked from the Ewok set but they needed to make a new Ewok sculpt and Yoda, well he was just POTF2 Yoda.

They do make ok displays but that's about all they're worth, and releasing Vader and Yoda first I think wasn't a very good idea since there wasn't any action to'em like the Luke and Ewok set.

Instead of Complete Galaxies I would rather them concentrate on either multi-figure packs, vehicles, more playsets or just more single carded figures.

bigbarada
09-16-2002, 01:53 PM
I saw them as just another lame idea for toys that should never have made it past the drawing board. It wasn't just the fact that they used rehashed figures, but the concept was fairly lame and the planets were simply decorative display bases that added no play value whatsoever (mini-rigs are the perfect way to add inexpensive play value to the figures). The only one I ever considered buying was the Yoda set, since he was actually small enough to make use of the tiny globe and he came with that Dagobah bird/lizard thing. Apart from that, the entire line was a waste of space in the already overcrowded Star Wars aisle.

The Gunner Station sets and McQuarrie Concept Vehicles coming out at the same time didn't help matters either.

Lord Tenebrous
09-16-2002, 09:21 PM
Apparantly the requisite price point killed the line, much like the Trophy assortment. But the cancelled set's figure made its way to the Fan Club - Leia (Hoth). Two gunner stations were also never realized (X-Wing w/ Wedge; TIE w/ Pilot)

So I believe that Hasbro now knows that any 'novelty' item has to be an exclusive. :)

Jargo
09-17-2002, 03:43 PM
Galaxy globes were poo. The planets as finished items looked more like the preliminary designs and were really badly executed. the interiors were poorly constructed and badly molded. the first wave had a base that fell off and the second wave had the rotating spindle that seemed clunky.
The figures weren't anything special and the only saving grace for me was the swamp critter that packed with Yoda.

I would rather not have badly put together gimmicks in favour of decent single carded figures thank you hasbro. If you must do something different how about more 2-packs. There aere plenty of characters that would work in a 2-pack. I believe the concept of 2-pack has become these new scene specific packs though such as the 25th anniversary sets. Those are going some way towards giving us something cool but the poses are still too scene specific to be of any use to us outside of the packs they come in. The Vader and Ben Kenobi set was best of the three as they at least stand on their own. just about.
If you ever listen to anything I say then listen to this when i say stop doing scene specific poses and get back to giving us action figures. That is figures that can be posed in multiple action poses not just the one action pose you dictate to the figure at the sculpting phase. Not action as in some lame never going to work gimmick like spear dropping action or mine dropping throwing action or leg spasm kicking action. The gimmicks do not work so just drop them already. The figures were fine the way they were with the POTJ line. possibly the pinnacle of star wars toys production.
Just make the action figures we ask for and we will be happy-ish, Look at the praise you garner for certain figures and realise that we the collectors generally aren't impressed with the new direction the toys have taken. Ephant Mon, Palpatine, these are the sort of figures collectors want without extreme poses and without gimmicks. Just articulated figures plain and simple.
Take the opportunity to review the findings of polls on fan sites like The Private Universe, they asked if people opened or left their figures carded and the majority responded that they opened everything. Hasbro UK did a survey and found that most of their site registered collectors were in their mid twenties.
TPU are running a poll right now asking which characters people would like to see more of and the lead answer is background characters and aliens not core characters. The toys will sell without having a core character in every wave. It's not the core characters we as collectors are most interested in but the bacjkground characters who poulate the movies in sfleeting glimpses or simply crowd shots. The non speaking characters and support characters.
We have enough core characters and it's time to start creating the populations of aliens, take a cantina creature like OPonda baba, there are plenty of other Aqualish characters like there are plenty of other Rodians besides Greedo. There are more Nikto's, barada's and Quarren, just tons of really cool aliens, there are background human characters too like rebel technicians and communications personnel, generals and commanders, Imperial officers, Gungan elders, Senators, Jedi, Tatooine traders and Jabba's henchmen and courtiers. Hundreds of possibilities rather than just the same old same old tired and overused core characters resculpted and repainted and rehashed time and time again.

Listen to the people who are buying the product please. Why is it that out of all the toys that were produced this year it's the core characters left clogging up the pegs when all the background characters and aliens have flown out of stores almost as soon as they've been put out. That alone should tell you where you're going wrong. If stores won't order it's only because yet again they're saddled with useless boxes upon boxes of the core characters that no-one wants.

Jayspawn
09-18-2002, 11:40 AM
I was just thinking about these. And I thought the Complete Galaxies were kinda nifty. I like the idea for Kamino w/ Lama Su and Geonosis w/ Poggle the Lesser. Well we need those figures anyway.