PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons Figures...

Lman316
09-12-2002, 11:41 PM
Okay, yeah, I know: these have been around awhile. But, I just recently bought some Simpsons figures online. I bid on Bart, Homer, Krusty, Milhouse and Groundskeeper Willie. This line has received such acclaim, and I wanted to finally get some and see for myself. Let me just say, I wasn't really too thrilled with these, as everyone else has seemed to be...
I'll just cut right to the chase here. When did Homer Simpson ever have green shoes? Why can't Milhouse hold (basically) any of his accessories? Why can Bart barely hold his accessories? Why won't Santa's Little Helper stand up? Why (a common question in this thread) can't Krusty really hold some of his accessories?
Homer's green shoes I can live with, it's really no big deal (maybe they are green and I just think they're gray...or I got a variant :crazed: ). But the fact of them releasing Milhouse with this giant Squishee and he can't even hold it, no way, no how and that it looks like he can hold his walkie-talkie, but he can't (even with that little handle. The only way to do it is to turn it around the wrong way), and that he can barely hold on to the ice cream cone is just, well, wrong. There is just no excuse. Every other figure could hold at least some of their accessories. Except: Bart has some real trouble holding that can of spray paint. Everytime I push it in his hand, it pops right out. Same with Krusty and the video camera. What, may I ask, is the point of throwing in accessories that the figures can't even hold? Why even bother? And SLH? If the surface you're putting him on is completely flat, don't even bother. It's a balancing act. So, I had to lean him against Bart.
I wanted to try to get a lot of figures, even though Series 1 will cost me a pretty penny. But now, I'm not so sure about it. Don't get me wrong though - as I'm sure I will have a lot of people arguing with me on this one. They look nice. For me, they're great display peices. I knew going in they were to have limited articulation, so that's no big deal. I just love the Simpsons and I wanted to get some of my favorite characters. But I'm disappointed with how some of this is being done, and I don't understand it.
Are all the other Simpsons figures like this? Should I continue buying them? Can anyone give me their opinions?

End...

Jayspawn
09-13-2002, 01:06 AM
I've been collecting the Simpsons figures from the beginning. Are you just 'now' starting to collect Simpsons figures? Reason why I ask is because the first few series of figure will cost you little more than a pretty penny. But to answer your questions...

1. Yes they are worth it.

2. Some of them won't hold some of their accessories. It's not uncommon. The way I see it, it's better to have extra accessories then to have next to none.

3. Santas Little Helper sometimes does/ doesn't stand. It's 50/50.

4. The shoes on my Homer figure are a greenish-grey ?

5. If you're starting, Mr. Burns, Smithers and especially Lisa and Grandpa will cost ya $$$. As the Simpsons line goes on, the price of early series goes up!

Jayspawn
09-13-2002, 01:07 AM
Another comment. The Exclusive Simpsons figures are very costly and are a pain in the butt to get.

Lman316
09-13-2002, 01:19 AM
Oh, I know how expensive they are, but thanks for the advice :D. I actually wasn't correct in stating that I was just starting, because I did pick up some Boxing Homer exclusives from Toyfare - the only one I did manage to get. But I never bought any to open before...
But believe me, I do know about the price of Series 1. I tried for a Burns, Lisa and Grandpa. And let's just say they went over what I was willing to pay. These that I did manage to get came to a little over $10 each, after shipping. Not really bad, but not great, either.
I also know that characters like Smithers, Barney, Chief Wiggum and assorted others are almost impossible to pick up unless someone is willing to pay upwards of $40 for them. I tried bidding on them, too :crazed:.
I was kinda kicking myself for not buying them from the start (and for not trying for that Radioactive Homer from Toyfare :(), but now that I see the problems with these, I'm not sure I really want to collect them all. Maybe just a few more and be done with it.
What other figures have problems holding things? Maybe I'll just keep away from them, unless they look really good...

Exhaust Port
09-13-2002, 06:24 PM
The WOS line is great but I feel that hit may have hit it's hey-day quite a while ago. Playmates overloaded the collectors with varient upon varient leaving many of the individual characters unmade. Now that Playmates has decided to commit to the collectors finally and give us what we really want (and not another Bart) it might be too late. Many like myself have thrown $100's into this series and have crowded shelves to show for it only to have Playmates decide to start producing figures aimed at the true Simpsons Collectors. Had this started a year ago I'm sure I would be a lot more excited about the upcoming releases but I found myself buying the last series out of habit more than excitement.

Don't get me wrong, I think the toys are great and I love having them but my patience (and slowing my pocketbook) have run dry waiting for Playmates to get their act together.

BoShek
09-14-2002, 08:14 PM
I am sick of collecting these figures, mainly because new ones are coming out ever six weeks and the playsets, which is the only way to make them talk, are to expensive to keep up with.

Exhaust Port
09-14-2002, 09:25 PM
I believe that they are planning on slowing down the releases for 2003 which is exactly what is needed. I'm with you BoShek, I'd stay on if Playmates didn't continue to over-run us with new stuff. It's also disheartening to have the prices continue to rise while the product remains the same.

kadamontaga
09-15-2002, 07:51 PM
You lot should get your butts down to www.simpsonscollectors.com and lurk in the forums for a while. Being in a simpsons-orientated community for a while might help you appreciate them more than you can from a more 'star wars' perspective.

I think they're great. Buy more! Support the line, lest playmates cancel it in favour of the Turtles!

BoShek
09-15-2002, 08:25 PM
Cancel . . . not a bad idea.

Well not that much. Maybe half as much figures. And no more exclusive figures!!!

Exhaust Port
09-16-2002, 12:54 AM
I've been reading the Simpsonscollectors website for a while now and have made some trades through the board. Even there it seems that the WOS enthusiasum has waned. Playmates is gearing this line almost exclusively for collectors with the addition of mail-away figures in the future. That's great in that it will generate a better selection of figures but it will (and already is) leading to a price increase. The price increase is what will kill this line for many collectors. A $1 increase per figure for a 6 figure series gets expensive. The dramatic increase in the Exclusive playsets such as the the bowling alley or prom set are also raping the collector of $$. $30 for 2 figures and a puny playset?

For the same price of one series of WOS (6 figures and 2 playsets) one can get an aweful lot of other stuff. I see myself diverting my WOS to other parts of my collection. I won't shed a tear if the line is canceled. It's been a fun run for a couple of years.

Darth Vellner
09-16-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Playmates overloaded the collectors with varient upon varient leaving many of the individual characters unmade. Now that Playmates has decided to commit to the collectors finally and give us what we really want (and not another Bart) it might be too late.
Don't get me wrong, I think the toys are great and I love having them but my patience (and slowing my pocketbook) have run dry waiting for Playmates to get their act together.

Hey Exhaust Port , Cool your jets:crazed:

They will make all the characters (300+) just give them time, We allready have over 100...
I never got any varient figures

I have had no problems with any of the figures, except sideshow bob (can't get him to stand up) his heads to big!
My homers shoes are not green!
:confused:
SLH stands just fine for me..thank you very much!:D
I love the WOS simpsons figures they are great!!:D

Lman316
09-16-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Darth Vellner

Hey Exhaust Port , Cool your jets:crazed:

They will make all the characters (300+) just give them time, We allready have over 100...
I never got any varient figures

I have had no problems with any of the figures, except sideshow bob (can't get him to stand up) his heads to big!
My homers shoes are not green!
SLH stands just fine for me..thank you very much!:D
I love the WOS simpsons figures they are great!!:D

I'm glad you're having such great luck, Darth....but, I just bought a Sideshow Bob (Prison) and I'm having the same problem.
When I had him on a completely flat surface, like with SLH, he's fine. But on my TV (where a lot of my figures are displayed), there is a very thin (and I mean thin) towel, covering the top. Well, Sideshow Bob falls over on that, as does SLH.
Possibly, if I ever get a chance to move them, I'll have better luck with them standing up...
Well, I listened to this post's good points about the Simpsons, and just spent a nice buck on Ebay trying to catch up. I went back for mostly playsets: Krustylu, Kitchen, Noiseland Arcade, Krusty Burger and the talking Family Car (even though it's not really a playset). With the figures that I bought from the guy (Fat Tony, Pattie, and all of Series 6: Mascot Homer, Carl, Snake, Hibbert, Frink, etc) everything comes out less than retail. But it was still a lot of money! Why did I listen to you guys! :p
The figures that I just bought over the weekend, I like a little better than the earlier ones. I purchased: Sunday Best Grampa, Sideshow Bob (as I mentioned), Lionel Hutz and the last Troy McClure they had. They just didn't seem as disappointing, and could actually hold a lot of their accessories. I can't wait to get my playsets and hear them talk.
However, everyone that said it, is right. This is getting expensive. I hope to try and catch up with some stuff and then slowly start buying the new stuff that comes out. I too would be with the idea of no more exclusives, as I'm no where near a TRU. I missed out on both the THOH 1 and 2 because of that. I hope that I can go out of town to find the third...

End...

Exhaust Port
09-16-2002, 10:32 AM
Don't forget to keep a receipt and 2 UPC's off the figures or playset so you can mail them away for your free Celebrity figures.

My tipsy figures are Moe and Prof. Frink. My Sideshow stands but is close to falling over. For me, his voice chip in his feet fell out when I opened the package. Darn.

I doubt we'll get half of the 300 figures in the Simpsons universe in WOS. Yeah, we have over 100 already but that includes a ton of varients. We have 8 Barts and 15 Homers alone. The upcoming B-Sharps mail-in are all varients. Varients don't bother me so much as long as they're memorable episode characters and different enough from the standard character. Ripped Willie is an example of what I think is a poor varient. Muumuu Homer and Pinpal Homer are great varients.

I'm not totally giving up on the line yet. I'll probably stick it out through the next 2 waves and see what the future holds then.

Lman316
09-16-2002, 12:38 PM
Don't forget to keep a receipt and 2 UPC's off the figures or playset so you can mail them away for your free Celebrity figures.

I didn't know about this. Can you fill me in on the details? What celebrity figures do you get? Do you have to get an order form or something?
Oh, and any info on these mail-away exclusives, I'd like to hear. I'd really like to know ahead of time so I can try to get them. Because, with me, I usually don't hear about something, or I wait too long and usually miss out. Then I'll have to pay much :greedy: to get them later....it still fries me about that Toyfare Radioactive Homer.... and Pin Pal Burns....and Pin Pal Moe....and the Comic Book Guy (even though Moe and the Comic Book Guy, I did send away for, but they were sold out) :dead:.

Edit in: I read on that Simpsons site about how to get them. Dang. Like I said, I bought 4 figures, so I could have got two sets (one to open and one set to keep away), but it's all on one receipt. Now, I have to buy two more... Oh, I'm so gullable :p

End...

Darth Vellner
09-16-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Lman316

I didn't know about this. Can you fill me in on the details? What celebrity figures do you get? Do you have to get an order form or something?
Oh, and any info on these mail-away exclusives, I'd like to hear. I'd really like to know ahead of time so I can try to get them. Because, with me, I usually don't hear about something, or I wait too long and usually miss out. Then I'll have to pay much :greedy: to get them later....it still fries me about that Toyfare Radioactive Homer.... and Pin Pal Burns....and Pin Pal Moe....and the Comic Book Guy (even though Moe and the Comic Book Guy, I did send away for, but they were sold out) :dead:.

Go here: http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/

"Simpsons collectors are in for a treat. Purchase any two eligible figures and/or environments from the World of Springfield line and follow the directions to receive two MORE exclusive figures through the mail.

promotional offer for the Llewellyn Sinclair and Cooder figures.

Note: This offer is the only way to receive these two figures, as this series is not scheduled for a regular retail release. Hank Scorpio will be added into cases of Series 10 as a 7th figure.

To receive the figures, you must fill out and return this certificate (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader software) along with two proofs-of-purchase (UPC codes) and a dated sales receipt for any of the products mentioned in the press release. Unlike the upcoming Be-Sharps promotional offer, the certificate and offer will only be available online, not packaged with an upcoming release.

Exhaust Port
09-16-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Lman316

Edit in: I read on that Simpsons site about how to get them. Dang. Like I said, I bought 4 figures, so I could have got two sets (one to open and one set to keep away), but it's all on one receipt. Now, I have to buy two more... Oh, I'm so gullable :p

End...

I'd try to email Playmates and get an answer to your delemia (sp?). I don't think you should be forced to purchase another 2 figures just to get a seperate receipt. I've never worked in a store or ever asked someone but is it possible to bring in an old receipt from a recent purchase to get a duplicate receipt printed. I have this feeling that the answer is no but it might be worth a shot.

PS: If the only reason for getting a second set is for the MOC I wouldn't bother. The figures are being packed in a poly bag and thrown in a mailing carton.

kadamontaga
09-16-2002, 04:21 PM
Just for the record, I think that there have been about 60-70 unique (non-resculpt) WoS figures made. Don't hold me to that though.

Darth Vellner
09-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Here is a full list of all that has been made and will be made shortly:

Series 1
Homer Simpson
Bart Simpson
Mr. Burns, Charles Montgomery Burns
Grampa Simpson, Abraham Simpson
Lisa Simpson
Krusty the Clown

Marge Simpson
Maggie Simpson
Homer Simpson, Radioactive Homer

Series 2
Smithers, Waylon
Barney Gumble
Ned Flanders
Chief Wiggum, Clancy Wiggum
Bart Simpson, Sunday Best Bart
Homer Simpson, Pin Pal Homer

Principal Skinner, Seymour Skinner
Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Exclusives
Homer Simpson, Glow-in-the-Dark Radioactive Homer

Bart Simpson, Bart the Fly
Ned Flanders, Devil Flanders
Mr. Burns, Dracula Burns
Homer Simpson, King Homer

Series 3
Moe Szyslak
Nelson Muntz
Otto Mann
Milhouse van Houten
Bart Simpson, Kamp Krusty Bart
Homer Simpson, Sunday Best Homer

Sideshow Bob, Robert Terwilliger III
Mayor Quimby, Diamond Joe Quimby

Series 4
Lenny
Ralph Wiggum
Patty Bouvier
Groundskeeper Willie
Homer Simpson, Casual Homer
Itchy
Scratchy

Comic Book Guy
Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Pin Pal Apu

Series 5
Captain McCallister
Kent Brockman
Bart Simpson, Bartman
Martin Prince
Sideshow Mel, Melvin Van Horne
BumbleBee Man, Pedro

Exclusives
Mr. Burns, Pin Pal Burns

Radioactive Man, Rainier Wolfcastle as RM
Milhouse van Houten, Milhouse as Fallout Boy

Kang
Kodos
Homer Simpson, Alien Ship Homer

Homer Simpson, Christmas Homer
Marge Simpson, Christmas Marge
Bart Simpson, Christmas Bart
Lisa Simpson, Christmas Lisa
Maggie Simpson, Christmas Maggie (on SLH)

Homer Simpson, Boxing Homer

Comic Book Guy, Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con Shirt CBG

Moe Szyslak, Pin Pal Moe

Series 6
Dr. Hibbert, Julius Hibbert
Snake
Bleeding Gums Murphy
Carl Carlson
Homer Simpson, Mascot Homer
Professor Frink, John Frink

Reverend Lovejoy, Timothy Lovejoy
Jimbo Jones

Series 7
Dolph
Cletus
Ms. Krabappel, Edna Krabappel
Lou
Marge Simpson, Officer Marge
Hans Moleman

Pimply-faced Teen, aka Squeaky-voiced Teen
Homer Simpson, Muumuu Homer

Celebrity Series 1
Troy McClure
Herb Powell
Fat Tony

Series 8
Kearney
Uter
Sherri
Terri
Superintendent Chalmers
Groundskeeper Willie, Ragin' Willie
Bart Simpson, Daredevil Bart

Selma Bouvier
Lunchlady Doris

Series 9
Grampa Simpson, Sunday Best Grampa
Lisa Simpson, Sunday Best Lisa
Sideshow Bob, Prison Bob
Krusty the Clown, Busted Krusty
Rod Flanders
Todd Flanders
Disco Stu

Eddie
Jasper

Series 10
Homer Simpson, Stonecutter Homer
Marge Simpson, Sunday Best Marge
Maggie Simpson, Sunday Best Maggie
Ned Flanders, Scout Leader Flanders
Wendell Borton
Dr. Marvin Monroe
Waylon Smithers, Resort Smithers

Mr. Burns, Pajama Burns
Dr. Nick Riviera

Celebrity Series 2
Lionel Hutz
Brad Goodman

Exclusives
Homer Simpson, Colonel Homer
Lurleen Lumpkin

Homer Simpson, High School Homer
Marge Simpson, High School Marge Bouvier

Homer Simpson, Donuthead Homer
Marge Simpson, Witch Marge
Hugo Simpson, Hugo
Groundskeeper Willie, Evil Willie

Marge Simpson, Bowling Marge
Jacques

Crazy Old Man
Squeeky Voiced Teen

Bill
Marty

Homer Simpson, New Year's Homer
Marge Simpson, New Year's Marge
Bart Simpson, New Year's Bart
Lisa Simpson, New Year's Lisa
Maggie Simpson, New Year's Maggie

Duffman

Celebrity Series 3

Hank Scorpio

Llewellyn Sinclair
Cooder

Series 11

Blue Haired Lawyer
Kirk Van Houten
Rainier Wolfcastle
Gil
Barney Gumble, Plow King Barney
Larry Burns

Series 12
Homer Simpson, Mr. Plow Homer
Don Vittorio DiMaggio
Mr. Largo, Mr. Dewey Largo
Luann van Houten
Database
Malloy

Promotional
Homer Simpson, B-Sharps Homer

Promotional
300th Episode Figure #1 TBD
300th Episode Figure #2 TBD
300th Episode Figure #3 TBD
300th Episode Figure #4 TBD
300th Episode Figure #5 TBD

Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, B-Sharps Apu
Principal Skinner, B-Sharps Skinner
Barney Gumble, B-Sharps Barney

Bart Simpson, Military Bart
Judge Snyder

Herman
Janey

Lman316
09-16-2002, 05:44 PM

I'd try to email Playmates and get an answer to your delemia (sp?). I don't think you should be forced to purchase another 2 figures just to get a seperate receipt. I've never worked in a store or ever asked someone but is it possible to bring in an old receipt from a recent purchase to get a duplicate receipt printed. I have this feeling that the answer is no but it might be worth a shot.

PS: If the only reason for getting a second set is for the MOC I wouldn't bother. The figures are being packed in a poly bag and thrown in a mailing carton.

Well, it says on the order form, for the exclusives, that it has to be an original receipt. Which would eliminate the option of getting a photocopy or trying what you mentioned. It's alright though. I was planning on buying more, anyway :p.

But about getting a second set. No, it doesn't matter to me if they're in a regular package or not - I just like to have an extra to put away, I don't know why. Like for the Toyfare exclusive Boxing Homer, I got my limit of 3. So, I have one to put away, one to open and one to do something else with (trade, etc). Or, for a worst case scenario, if one was to get broken or something, I'd have a replacement... :D

End...

Exhaust Port
09-16-2002, 05:49 PM
I started getting 2 of the Toyfare exclusives to get something extra to trade for later too. I missed out on Pin Pal Burns but was able to score my Pin Pal Moe order of 2 which I traded one for my missing PPB. It sounds like you have a good idea about getting those extra figures.

RooJay
09-16-2002, 06:44 PM
Am I collecting the same Simpson's line as you folks?! The line has only been in production for two years, and I for one am amazed at the incredible variety of characters we've already gotten! Who would have thought two years ago that we'd ever get figures of characters like Duffman and Wendell?!

Exhaust Port
09-16-2002, 10:10 PM
I think this line hit the shelves in January of '00 so we're approaching the 3 year mark for this line.

"Duffman can't breath....oh, yeah!"

RooJay
09-18-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
Am I collecting the same Simpson's line as you folks?! The line has only been in production for [three] years, and I for one am amazed at the incredible variety of characters we've already gotten! Who would have thought [three] years ago that we'd ever get figures of characters like Duffman and Wendell?!

Better?;)

CrunchyNug
09-24-2002, 06:19 PM
Got my Treehouse of Horror @ a Los Angeles TRU!!! Bring on MAINSTREET!!!

:D

Exhaust Port
09-24-2002, 09:19 PM
I'm right there with you CrunchyNug, I want my Mainstreet. We're I can put it is a different story.

Jayspawn
09-24-2002, 11:29 PM
The Mainstreet can't come out till I find MY THOH3 set!

Exhaust Port
09-25-2002, 12:20 AM
There were pretty prevailant around here for awhile but have recently dried up. Are you still waiting for their first appearance or are you waiting for a second shipment?

Jayspawn
10-14-2002, 01:14 PM
Still no sign of the THOH3 set. A very helpful employee looked them up for me and said there was still some 200+ cases that were to ship to my area TRU stores. Thats comforting to know.

Exhaust Port
10-14-2002, 03:25 PM
We've been on the verge of getting the Main Streets here for weeks.

"Next truck. Next truck. Next truck."

Jayspawn
10-25-2002, 11:55 AM
OK! I got my THOH3 set. So now the Mainstreet can come out. Hopefully it'll show for Christmas buying.

Exhaust Port
10-25-2002, 09:25 PM
It seemed that the sightings of the Mainstreet set were growing at a quick pace for a while but have nearly stopped recently. My local TRU was expecting them 2 weeks ago but now is uncertain when they'll make it to the shelf. I wonder if the longshoremen strike on the West Coast held the deliveries up. As long as I get it before Christmas I'll be a happy camper.

Jayspawn
10-25-2002, 11:20 PM
My local Target just got in LOTS of Series 10 figures including the Burns and Dr. Nick playsets. The cost went back down to $4.99 on the figures which is great!

Exhaust Port
10-26-2002, 01:06 PM
Hey thanks Jayspawn, nothing new has shown up at the local TRU but I haven't been to Target recently. Looks like I have to make that trip today.

SithDroid
10-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Got series 10 yesterday. All I need now is Treehouse of Horror 3. I hope I see it soon.

Jayspawn
10-27-2002, 11:38 PM
It's still shipping. So be on the lookout!

kadamontaga
10-28-2002, 04:13 AM
Have you guys found Hank Scorpio yet?

Exhaust Port
10-28-2002, 06:39 PM
Series 10 hasn't made an appearance at any of the TRU or Targets around here. I hate this hunting game at times. Why did I not pre-order this one like I always do.... :(

Jayspawn
10-29-2002, 10:45 AM
No sign of Scorpio yet. I'm betting he's one of thos randomly packed figures that'll make you happy to find.

"You're mad Scorpio!"

SithDroid
10-29-2002, 06:35 PM
Quick question. I haven't sent away for the 2 online exclusive figures yet, but I printed out the form to send it in. It says that you have to buy two series 1-9 to get them or 2 environments. Does anyone know if you can use a receipt for series 10 to obtain the figures? I bought series 9 in July and the receipt is too old, but I do have a receipt dated 8-10-02 when I bought celebrity series 2. Does anyone know if they will accpet a sales receipt within a couple days of the 8-15-02 date they state? I really don't want to go out and buy two figures I already have just in order to get these figures. Any help here would be greatly appreciated so I can figure out what to do so I can send them in before the deadline. Thanks.

kadamontaga
10-30-2002, 02:09 AM
I'm not sure of the answer to that but I advise you to see the front page at www.simpsonscollectors.com and follow the link to the Cooder and Sinclair FAQ.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-31-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
Quick question. I haven't sent away for the 2 online exclusive figures yet, but I printed out the form to send it in. It says that you have to buy two series 1-9 to get them or 2 environments. Does anyone know if you can use a receipt for series 10 to obtain the figures? I bought series 9 in July and the receipt is too old, but I do have a receipt dated 8-10-02 when I bought celebrity series 2. Does anyone know if they will accpet a sales receipt within a couple days of the 8-15-02 date they state? I really don't want to go out and buy two figures I already have just in order to get these figures. Any help here would be greatly appreciated so I can figure out what to do so I can send them in before the deadline. Thanks.

Sith Droid- No, they will only take receipts after the date on that sheet. I sent my check on the 6th of September and it JUST got cashed about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I think the B-Sharps Homer is going to ask for like 4 UPC's. It would be so much easier to release a B-Sharps Rooftop set with the figures instead of these blasted Mailaway offers. I just hope i can grab main street. Thats' my holy grail. (drools) :D

kadamontaga
11-03-2002, 11:03 AM
I've made a little site with some pics of my simpsons figures on. Follow the link in my signature for more.

Jayspawn
11-04-2002, 12:12 AM
The B Sharp Homer figure requires only 4 UPCs from Series 10 figures,the order form, recipts for them and $5.00. Not a bad deal.

My local Electronics Botique just got in the Radio Station with Bill and Marty figures. The price tag is $24.99. They have a bunch of sayings too. The base is a small one like the Prom or Camper sets.

Exhaust Port
11-05-2002, 03:26 PM
Well I found the Burns and Dr. Nick playsets today finally but no figures were there. Great playsets! I visited the new EB that opened in my area but they don't have the Bill & Marty playset yet.

I'm disappointed that the playset UPC aren't eligable for the B-Sharp Homer mail-away. Oh well. I can't wait to get my complete B-Sharp group.

Nice collection kadamontaga.

kadamontaga
11-05-2002, 04:09 PM
Thanks Exhaust Port :)
Playmates has confirmed that the following figure's UPCs are good for the B-Sharps:
Wendell
Stonecutter Homer
Sunday Best Marge and Maggie
Scout Leader Flanders
Resort Smithers
Marvin Monroe
Hank Scorpio
But not the playsets.

Exhaust Port
11-05-2002, 05:55 PM
Awesome, I hit a different Target on the way to the grocery store for dinner supplies and found some of the new wave. I scored all but Hank and Marge. I have this feeling that Hank is going to be tough to find. The hunt is still early...

SithDroid
11-05-2002, 06:05 PM
Found my Treehouse of Horror 3 today.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-05-2002, 11:12 PM
Yeah, only the wave 10 UPC's work for b-sharps Homie. Anyway, my dad was able to score the wave 10 figures for me at the Target on Polaris in Cols, OH yesterday. He called me and when i was scrambling at the Simpsons Collector Sector looking for the list of figures for wave 10, I hit the old link for when Hank was available at EBGames (sold out) and lo'n behold, he's back in stock!!! Here is the link in case anybody wants it:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=231439

I ordered just because I won't be back home and hunting for another 2 weeks and I'd rather score it now than have to run around for it. Now if i can just get Main street!!! argh!!! :D

Exhaust Port
11-06-2002, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the link Jedi_Master_Guyute. I'm driving to Michigan this weekend so I'll be able to hit a couple "foreign" stores looking for the last of the Wave 10 figures. If I strike out I'll be buying them from EB online.

I'm with you, the Main Street has got to hit OH soon.

RooJay
11-07-2002, 02:01 AM
The local scalper store near where I live seemed to have tons of Hank Scorpio's priced at $14.99 to $19.99 a piece!
In other news...the Target and TRU just a block down the street have absolutely NO new Simpson's figures (or Star Wars or anything else for that matter). No word yet on possible connections - though sources indicate that this is definitely the case.

Jayspawn
11-07-2002, 11:11 AM
If they don't have any Simpsons figures it probably means that thaey are waiting for some. Most Targets clearenced out their Simpsons figures for $1.19 a piece. Which is a grea price.

RooJay
11-07-2002, 03:41 PM
I'm afraid you missed my point there - they aren't "waiting" for some because this guy has already beat us normal folk to them. He's already bought them all out from both of these stores. This is why these two stores in particular never get any new figures until well after they've been shipped - until after I've driven to another city and chanced upon them somwhere else.

BanthaPoodoo
11-07-2002, 04:04 PM
Just thought I would throw this in. I have a Boxing Homer that I will trade/sell if anyone wants it.

I don't want book for it. It was mailed to the person that lived in the apartment before me, so I dont have a need for it (I collect SW not WoS)

Just drop me a PM or send me an email.

kadamontaga
11-07-2002, 04:13 PM
Keep it! He's great.
That's incredible. The guy who lived there before you collected simpsons (perhaps) and you collect Star Wars.
If I had a magazine I'd intend to write an article about that.

On a similar note... would anyone be interested in a UK-Exclusive WoS 4-pack containing Chief Wiggum, Nelson, Kamp Krusty Bart and Pin Pal Homer?
See http://pub132.ezboard.com/fthesimpsonscommunity71818frm8.showMessage?topicID =4808.topic for details and email me at kadamontaga@yahoo.co.uk

kadamontaga
11-07-2002, 08:05 PM
My girlfriend and I just finished our first customised figures!
Gangster style Bart and Milhouse.

Follow the link in my signature for more pics.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-07-2002, 09:42 PM
Just saw series 10 on the shelves with sunday best marge w'maggie, Stonecutter HOmer,
Vacation smithers,
The Psychology Doctor ...forget his name...he was in the first season when they all go to him and shock the hell outta each other,
the little sick guy in barts class...Newman I think his name is or something along those lines

They LOOK GREAT! :D

Jayspawn
11-08-2002, 01:08 AM
Those are pretty good customs!

Exhaust Port
11-08-2002, 12:49 PM
Dr. Marvin Munroe and Wendle are the 2 names your looking for DNA.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Dr. Marvin Munroe and Wendle are the 2 names your looking for DNA.

AYE! MATEY! Thanks a bunch! :) For the life of me I couldn't rememberl :confused:

ON a side not, the simpsons book containing seasons 11 and 12 is out now for $13.95 For anyone who loves the simpsons, these books are a must have!

kadamontaga
11-08-2002, 01:50 PM
(Wendell, not Wendle)

Exhaust Port
11-09-2002, 09:31 PM
D'oh :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-10-2002, 02:43 PM
I got my Scorpio from EBgames and my dad said the box wasn't in that great of shape. Went hunting yesterday and scored a Scorpio at the suncoast in the Polaris mall. gotta love that luck!! :D

kadamontaga
11-13-2002, 04:43 PM
Two things...

1. The TRU Exclusive New Year's Eve playset is out now. www.simpsonscollectors.com have some pics and info.

2. www.simpsonscollectors.com have a monthly Q and A with Playmates Toys. They get the oppurtunity to ask ten questions, which are determined by various polls/threads etc, and these are then sent off to Playmates. They have just recieved their latest answers and they are very interesting this month. Of particular note is the unveiling of Playmates' plans to rerelease some core figures next year.
See http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/zine.asp?id=146 for the Q and As.

And most importantly, SCS has set up a poll go get some insight into what collectors think about their latest plans. The results of this poll will then be sent on to Playmates. Go to http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/polls.asp to vote.

Spread the word - this is your chance to influence the future of the World of Springfield action figures.

mrmiller
11-14-2002, 09:07 AM
I just got into the line myself. I really want that Mainstreet so I can here all my figures talk. It has never shiped here, so I'm still holding out. If anyone has any extras I'd be interested in trading Star Wars for Simpsons. I really want a Barney.

=MATT=

kadamontaga
11-14-2002, 02:51 PM
If you follow the link i posted above, playmates say that some Mainstreets are still shipping.
"Unfortunately, due to the dock strike, I donít believe even a quarter of the playsets have made it to TRUís shelves yet"

So hopefully you'll find one soon.

Exhaust Port
11-15-2002, 03:15 PM
Hey I got my Cooter and Sinclair in the mail today. I just love suprises!

Jayspawn
11-15-2002, 05:08 PM
I got my Cooter and Sinclair in the mail today too!!! THey're pretty cool. THey have lots of accessories too. I wonder what playsets they work in.

Exhaust Port
11-15-2002, 09:08 PM
Good question. I haven't tried them in any playset yet, they're still sitting on my desk.

kadamontaga
11-16-2002, 12:17 PM
Most likely they'll work with Burns Manor and/or Dr. Nick's and/or Main Street.

Jayspawn
11-16-2002, 04:00 PM
Seems likely. I have not been able to pickup the new wave because of all the Hasbro, ToyBiz, McFarlane and Art Asylum figures coming out latley.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-16-2002, 07:58 PM
I still need to find the Main street set. With the New Years Eve set hitting too, it's going to be a fun winter hunting around for stuff. (note to self: donate kidney for toy $$) :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-20-2002, 05:56 PM
Score!!!! Finally, scored both the New Years Eve and Main Street Sets!!! I'm now in Brokesville, population: moi. :D

Exhaust Port
11-20-2002, 10:20 PM
Did you score those in OH? If so, it looks like I'll have to make a trip to the store tomorrow.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-21-2002, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I got the New years eve set at the dayton mall Toys R Us and the Main Street at the Mansfield area Toys R Us locations. Good luck to ya EP! :D

mrmiller
11-22-2002, 08:04 AM
Just picked up my Main Street playeset yesterday. I must say, it is cool but big. I don't really like the way it snaps together, as the "L" shape is too big for my shelf. I'm thinking about seeing if I can customize it into one long playset by moving the Jazz Hole section over on thr right side by Lard Lad Doughnuts. But that's going to require some re-wiring, and one a $60 toy I'm a little hesitant to do it. I only have a few playsets, so it's cool to be able to hear all my figures. Do you have a problem getting your figures to snap on the pegs, and to talk sometimes. Then when I do get them on, I can't get them off.

=MATT=

Exhaust Port
11-22-2002, 08:10 PM
Oh man you guys are driving me nuts here. I've got to make some calls to TRU tomorrow and see if they've made it this far north!

Exhaust Port
11-24-2002, 09:18 AM
They didn't have the Main Street but I did score the New Years set. Come on Main Street, where are you?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-24-2002, 04:55 PM
Rumors have it they're around Columbus a bit now and i saw one at the Farfield Mall TRU (beavercreek, OH). Happy hunting! :D

Exhaust Port
12-03-2002, 02:31 PM
Alright! I might be the last one on the bandwagon but I found my Mainstreet today! Pretty cool playset.

kadamontaga
12-03-2002, 02:50 PM
There's been a lot of talk about finding Main Street sets that don't function properly (ie. the sound-pegs don't work).
Some kind person at www.simpsonscollectors.com has made some instructions. Have a look here: http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/zine.asp?id=150

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2002, 02:05 PM
Congrats EP! I found some $$ and got Mr. Burns and Dr. Nick's office playsets. I also sent away for my B-Sharps Homer a week or so back. They have a survey about what figures do you wanna see and i said, "Leonard Nimoy!! and Frank Grimes" They NEED a Nimoy figure. "A solar eclipse. The cosmic ballet goes on" :D

Exhaust Port
12-04-2002, 09:36 PM
I put a word in for Spinal Tap. At least Derek should be easy enough.

kadamontaga
01-14-2003, 06:35 PM
www.simpsonscollectors.com were asked to run a poll last year to help decide the 2003 World of Springfield line-up. A very large amount the of the high-ranking figures are being released this year, and now we have the chance to influence the line-up for 2004.

Go to www.simpsonscollectors.com and click on the "Top Picks for 2004 Line-up" link (its the top news article on the page).

Remember, Playmates actually asked for SCS to run this poll, so your votes really will count! Please plug this poll on any other relevant forums you frequent.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-14-2003, 09:06 PM
Yeah, i did that earlier tonight. I selected the following figures:
1) Agnes
1) Arnie Pie
1) A.C. and Gabbo
1) Artie Ziff
1) Seven Duff
1) Brandine
1) CC Goofball
1) Cecil T.
1) Colonel Tex
1) Collector
1) Drederick Tatum
1) Frank Grimes
1) Lucius Sweet
1) Lyle Lanley
1) Manjula
1) Maude
1) Poochie
1) Sanjay
1) Octuplets
1) Nerds

They had a pretty good selection, but these were my faves!! :D

Jayspawn
01-14-2003, 09:39 PM
My Toys'R'Us is unable to sell any of their Main Street Playsets. Mainly because they are WAY overpriced at $59.99 and the Simpsons line is dying.

Exhaust Port
01-14-2003, 10:26 PM
My TRU is also having trouble moving the Simpsons. I worked there over the X-mas season and found that they had tons of the more recent stuff in the back while the slightly older waves died on the pegs. The Main Streets came and went but not very quickly. At this particular TRU as well as those other local ones are devoting less and less space to WOS.

I guess I can't blame them. Between TRU and Target the WOS stuff is moving at a slower and slower pace with each wave. A month or more after release and I can find this stuff still sitting there. Some great figures have come out recently but even that incentive can't spark the line it seems.

I'm somewhat releaved to see the WOS line being slowed. Each wave is pretty expensive compared to similar toy lines. The quality is great but years after the first WOS release its hard to find motivation to buy more and display it on an ever fuller shelf. I hope we see an end in a year or so, perhaps leaving us with a bi-annual WOS release. That I could get behind.

Jayspawn
01-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Well said Exhaust Port.

kadamontaga
01-15-2003, 04:46 AM
Well I hope the line continues for several years yet. I think Playmates are going to reduce production numbers and start shortpacking some figures to help sales. I think WoS will have a healthy 2003 and another four waves of releases in 2004 doesn't seem too unlikely to me either.

RooJay
01-15-2003, 07:53 PM
I hope the line continues forever, and why wouldn't I? Honestly...why wouldn't anybody? If there's anyone out there who doesn't want to buy them anymore, why not just stop buying them? Why would anyone wish the line to end just because they are no longer interested in it? Those of you who feel this way about any toy line...I feel you, but it still doesn't make much sense to me that collector would wish a toy line to end just because they are no longer interested in it. Why not wish that more people start buying in so that the line is reinvigorated and goes on forever?

Just my point of view.;)

kadamontaga
01-16-2003, 05:39 AM
Amen to that!!

mrmiller
01-16-2003, 12:23 PM
I just picked up Series 11 at target here in Tulsa yesterday. Theya re pretty nice, but they're starting to stretch the characters pretty thin. Playmates is getting where they make too many figures that are based on 1 apperance in the show.

=MATT=

kadamontaga
01-16-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by mrmiller
Playmates is getting where they make too many figures that are based on 1 apperance in the show.

=MATT=

The same could be said for a lot of Star Wars figures.

mrmiller
01-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Yea, but it's a little different when you have already made hundreds of other figures, and your making 1 figure out of 5-6 movies.(<--Star Wars) But when you only have 50 or so figures, and almost 300 episodes to deal with, you could do better.(<--Simpsons)

=MATT=

Exhaust Port
01-16-2003, 04:28 PM
Aren't we do for another Willie varient?

That's the problem with the line right now is the neverending rehash of bit characters and even the main ones too. Playmates has to either make this a collectors only line and give up on trying to bring in new buyers or risk losing the collectors in the process. They're more oriented towards the collector now but I agree with MrMiller, the character selection is pretty week.

Star Wars and The Simpsons are quite different in my opinion. SW has produced plenty of non-talking or rarely talking characters that interest the fan for no other reason than they look cool. ie Emperor's Guards, Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, Kit Fisko The Simpsons and the WOS line are built on talking or what is said not the look of the character. None the less, Playmates is giving us crappy varients that give nothing to the collector. Homer after Homer don't expand a talking collection. Yes, some are quite fun even though they are a varient such as MuuMuu Homer and Col. Homer.

Why should the line end then? Playmates has a limited ability to put out Simpsons toys. Grinding out figures will less and less interest to the collectors only wastes those resources. So, if they don't want to produce something that's not highly desired by the collectors (I'm a collector) than the should stop the WOS line and move on to other ventures. We're all seeing the WOS popularity slow with each new wave. At some point they must draw the line at making the next wave.

I think there is at least a years worth of characters/playsets that could be made without diving too deep into the varients. After that, hang it up and maybe revisist the WOS line after the Simpsons have put out another 4-5 seasons.

RooJay
01-20-2003, 12:55 PM
So are you saying that it's the variants of core characters that is causing the wane in interest, or the production of more obscure characters? I'm confused.:confused: It sounds like you are saying both.
By the way, the reason any toy company ever produces the more obscure characters in a given toy line is precisely because those are the types of figures that do tend to grab collector interest as the line ages (the kiddies could care less about a Larry Burns figure! I doubt many of the kids who enjoy the Simpsons actually got much of the humor in his episode of the show!). In fact, most collectors will be inclined to agree that this is exactly what has made the World of Springfield line such a success in the first place; the inclusion of more and more obscure characters - Playmates has proven that they are not afraid to take risks on obscure characters to give the line more depth and detail than most would expect from a licensed figure line.
I'd also like to point out that I like you, am a collector as well (and a huge fan of the Simpsons in general), and for me, the latest releases have generated a lot of interest! I want these figures! I have since the line began; EVEN the Blue-Haired Lawyer! I also want a lot more to come. In fact, I doubt this line could ever be complete in my eyes. I know someday it will end, but even when that day arrives I know there will still be some figures that I will wish we could've seen. The same goes for Star Wars and all the other figure lines I collect. As a fan of the Simpsons AND of the World of Springfield line, why would I ever have need of Playmates cancelling the line to make figures for a new property that I may not be a fan of? What use could that ever be to me? Why would I, or any other fan of this line ever conceivably hope or desire that the World of Springfield line be cancelled so that Playmates can devote capital and energy to start producing those Joe Blow: the Animated Series figures that I care little to nothing about? It might be a good thing for fans of that show, but I'm a fan of the Simpsons. In what world is it not better to wish that Playmates will find a way to do both so that my Simpsons figures keep coming...so that I can eventually get that Donald Sutherland voiced 'Hollis Hurlbut' figure I so desperately crave? At least let me get my Spinal Tap boxed set before you go deciding that we don't need Simpsons figures anymore.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Roojay- I didn't read all that cause it hurts my eyes, but i agree that the obscure characters are awesome. I nearly soiled myself when i saw that Gil and Blue Haired Lawyer were in production. As for a Spinal Tap box set, i think we should petition for one. As long as it says, "Thank you Springton!" as they said in the episode, i'll be happy.

I want more random celebrity figures. I think that Leonard Nimoy DESERVES one for sure. Possibly a Mulder and Scully one would rule too.

"Agents Mulder and Scully, FBI." :D

Jayspawn
01-20-2003, 05:53 PM
I found Series 11 figures at Target today. Wolfcastle and Larry Burns are the coolest of them I think.

Exhaust Port
01-20-2003, 08:25 PM
The problem I have with the varients is that a big draw to this line is the talking feature. The talking feature is character specific not varient specific. So producing 15 Homers does nothing to expand my with playability. The PinPals was initially eye-pleasing but does nothing for the line. If there was a playset specific to those figures than fine but there wasn't.

Obscure figures are great if you like the character but what if you don't? Playmates can't support a line by making just rare characters and hope enough people buy it. These obsure figures don't bring in new collectors and though normal attrition collectors will leave the line. So by shifting to just obsure figures you've sealed the fate of the WOS.

As I said before I think there is about another year's worth of figures of playsets but after that I would rather see Playmates shift to another Simpsons product line to spark some new interest.

RooJay
01-20-2003, 11:29 PM

uhh...both variants of main characters AND obscure characters are cool to me...

Exhaust Port
01-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Speaking of cool, I got my Moe's Tavern playset and it ROCKS. In my opinion this has the best detail of any of the other playsets. In addition to a great playset we finally get Duffman. Sadly I'm having problems getting figures to talk on the pegs. At least Moe finally has a proper place to stand. :D

mrmiller
02-11-2003, 11:37 AM
EB Online ( http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/promos/simpsonsshop/default.asp ) has Moe's Tavern marked down to $29.99 now, and you can still get $10 off when you get the KBBL set too. I just ordered the two of them- I can't wait for them to get here! I just wish I had a barney for the bar- oh well, Plow King barn will have to work for now ;)

They also have pics of the series 12 furures and a pre-order.

=MATT=

Exhaust Port
02-11-2003, 11:40 AM
Sadly Barney is nearly impossible to get to stand in the Moe Tavern playset due to his girth.

SithDroid
02-11-2003, 05:53 PM
I just got my Cooder and Lleweylln Sinclair figures today and my B Sharps Homer. The paint job on my B sharps Homer isn't the greatest, but oh well, at least I got him.

mrmiller
02-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Moe's and KBBL came yesterday and I ripped into them already. Moes is awesome- the best playset so far. The voice clips are great too- but need the Duffman "Oh Yea!".

=MATT=

kadamontaga
02-13-2003, 10:10 AM
The lines on Moe's are a bit more daring that usual huh? Wiggum actually mentions cocaine!

I finally got Wave 11 here in the UK today and I'm very pleased. Can't wait to see the Toy Fair coverage for Playmates at action-figure.com and simpsonscollectors.com

mrmiller
02-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Figures.com has pics of the new up-comming Simpsons figures from the Toyfair. Looks like people will be able to get quite a few of the first few qwaves of figures in the new Diorama packs. Each pack comes with a figure previously in one of the early playsets, and a hard to find figure from the first couple of waves. I wonder if the Diorama set's will talk like the playsets? Anyhow, looks like there will be some cool simpsons suff comming our way. :)

http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=2&si=&thumb=1&page=15&sort=1&perpage=12&papass=&ppuser=&stype=

=MATT=

Exhaust Port
02-14-2003, 08:11 PM
awesome!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Ah, but i already have those figures...but i am a completist and those dioramas are great!!! Ah, so so broke!!! :D

Exhaust Port
02-15-2003, 09:13 AM
Is it just me or are the re-released figures different. Other than the obvious correction to Moe's coloring the other figures seem to have different heads or something. They just look different/better than the originals.

kadamontaga
02-27-2003, 04:12 PM
A shop called New Force Comics are considering offering a joint exclusive (with EB - not Diamond) - Future Burns and Smithers.

Please have a look at this poll and help Rick from New Force decide whether or not to go ahead with the set:
http://pub132.ezboard.com/fthesimpsonscommunity71818frm20.showMessage?topicI D=39.topic

Exhaust Port
02-27-2003, 08:41 PM
I love NFC and can't recommend them enough to people ordering Simpsons WOS and Star Wars figures.

kadamontaga
02-28-2003, 03:18 AM
Being in the UK I've never used them before, but I've never heard a bad thing about them.

Exhaust Port
02-28-2003, 10:33 AM
I'm personally putting his kids through college I think. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-28-2003, 01:51 PM
lol I used to do business with EB but they always tag their stuff and then they drop the price in like a week. I'll prolly go with NFC on this one. I hear great stuff about Rick all the time!! I think it's about time i gave it a chance! :D

kadamontaga
02-28-2003, 04:02 PM
If anyone is interested, there's a thread in the Simpsons Collector Sector "General WoS Discussion" forum where Rick is asking and answering questions about his store and this exclusive.

I think its important to give him as much support as possible with this particular exclusive. It's a very obsure set based on the closing seconds of one particular episode, and therefore might not fare well at mass retail. But if Rick can sell enough of them then it paves the way for further exclusives in 2004.

This set is kinda like getting a barely featured Cantina alien I suppose.

Exhaust Port
03-01-2003, 01:36 AM
Its a bit too obsure for my taste but I voted for it knowing a lot of others would like to see it.

kadamontaga
04-28-2003, 02:14 PM
It looks like there is some difficulty in Playmates acquiring the rights to use Tress MacNeille's voice in World of Springfield action figures. Amoungst others, she voices Agnes Skinner and Brandine.

SCS are now running a poll in association with Playmates to assess whether or not collectors would consider buying these figures in a non-talking form. http://pub132.ezboard.com/fthesimpsonscommunity71818frm20.showMessage?topicI D=41.topic

Please cast your vote and spread the word if you frequent any other forums.

Exhaust Port
04-28-2003, 08:21 PM
Personally I voted no for no other reason as to not give Playmates the idea that collectors are willing to buy non-speaking figures down the line. As much as I would like to see some of those figures in my WoS collection, I afraid that making them would open the doors for more down the line. I've got nothing but time so I'm willing to wait until Fox or Tress cave into the Playmates pressure and give up the voice. Until then, there are plenty of other characters in need of creation that they have voice rights to.

mrmiller
05-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Has anyone located the new wave of figures yet? I know there are going to be 4 different short-packs shipping in 4 different cases, so it might make it hard to get all these since stores in my area don't seem to be getting very many cases total.

=MATT=

kadamontaga
05-05-2003, 10:55 AM
According to the people on simpsonscollectorsector, they're showing up over the US. I'm in the UK and haven't found them yet.

It might be worth looking in the 'Sightings and Shipments' forum on SCS to see if anyone in your area has found them yet.

As far as I understand, there are 3 different cases shipping for this wave. One will contain Moe (and others), one will contain Burns (and others), and the third case will contain the Wave 12 figures with no Mr. Burns or Moe. I can't give you the info about exact ratios and number because I don't know it.

SCS confirmed earlier today that the 300th Episode Set (featuring Skating Homer) has officially been cancelled. Thank god for that.

Also, SCS have some nice images of the unpainted prototypes of the Ullman-era/retro figures which will come out through Amazon later this year.

RooJay
05-05-2003, 11:21 AM
I saw LuAnn VanHouten (Milhouse's mommy), Don Vittorio, Mr. Plow Homer, and Stonecutters Number One the day before yesterday at a nearby Electronics Boutique. They also have had the Treehouse playset with Bart the General since last week. No Mr. Largo or Database though, and no sign at all of any rereleases.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
05-05-2003, 01:01 PM
I have seen the entire new wave, and also Mr. Burns, here and there in the Cincinnati area. Haven't seen the Treehouse yet. However, between being sick and the drought of Star Wars, I haven't done much toy-hunting lately.

Exhaust Port
10-29-2003, 11:45 AM
I just got my order of the Treehouse of Horror (with the Collector!!!!), the Tracey Ullman era Simpsons playset as well as the Be Sharp playset. All 3 look great! If you plug in all your Be Sharp figures into the playset they'll sing "Baby On Board." I can't bring myself to open my figures though to listen to the song. :) I'm an opener at heart but these exclusives just look so cool in the box.

My local TRU finally got those non-talking environments that come with the 2 resculpted figures so I was able to pick up all 3. $12 each is a great deal! I'm not usually a fan of resculpts but these 6 figures look A LOT better than their orginals.

Anyone else still collecting this line?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-29-2003, 12:16 PM
EP- Yeah, i think i'm one of the only left who still collects it!! I got my THOH from Amazon a few weeks ago; this set is awesome!! I'm so tempted to buy another one just so I can open it and have an extra collector. I also found the Be-Sharps set and this thing is pretty stellar. I have yet to order the Flashback set due to lack of funds; maybe in the next week or two. I'm still hunting for the current series; you have any luck finding these??? Cheers! :D

mrmiller
10-29-2003, 02:16 PM
I haven't seen the new figures, but have seen the playsets. I like the THOH set, but the TRU exclusive B-Sharps is a joke. $40 for a playset with one figure? What a rip off. And of course you can only use it if you have all the mail-aways, so that's even worse. TRU has really been hiking up their prices on the playsets lately. The last one (Herman's) was $30 at my TRU, while I picked them same thing up for $25 at the GameStop in the mall, typically the highest place in town. What's the deal with TRU and the Simpsons line. And don't get me started on Targets that carry less and less. This line is getting pretty difficult to collect. BTW- have anyone of you seen the picks of the next few waves of figures- nice. Finally an Agnes, but I wonder if she will have the voice chip?

=MATT=

Exhaust Port
10-29-2003, 11:44 PM
I haven't found Steven Hawking yet but have all the other figures.

The TRU around me are still offering the figures and playsets at the lowest prices around. GameStops and the like are easily 15% more. All the Targets around here have stopped carrying the Simpsons WOS stuff which is too bad as they were good about having the stuff on the shelves soon after they were released and they had great prices.

I have to agree that this line is getting difficult to collect. I've gone back to ordering some of the stuff online, mainly the figures, because of these. It probably won't be long before TRU gives up on it and that will probably be the nail in the coffin for this stuff.

plasticfetish
10-30-2003, 12:07 AM
The other day I found Steven Hawking at the GameStop down the street from me. (Kind of a surprise.) This is the only Simpsons figure that I own ... and frankly, it's pretty damn cool.

Adding this one to my collection of action figures of people that I never imagined would ever have an action figure.

Jayspawn
10-30-2003, 12:22 AM
Please Toy Gods, end The Simpsons line now and spare its dignity!

The price of Simpsons figures is a rip! Figures used to be $4.99 and playsets 19.99. Now its $30-40 for 1 figure with limited saying and a playset. My TRU still has Main Street Playsets from the 1st day they were stocked. The THOH4 w/ The Collector and Lucy are pialing up everyday. My Game Stop sells NEW Simpsons figures at 75% off in order to try and sell them.

Exhaust Port
10-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Please Toy Gods, end The Simpsons line now and spare its dignity!
I hate to say it but I agree with this. As much as I enjoy the line it seems to be no more than a drawn out death now. The biggest issues are the limited availability and higher and higher prices. Gamestop around here is charging $7 for one figure. That's ridiculous. Online you can still pick up a playset for $19 minus shipping but the line can survive if that's the only way a collector can pick up the toys.

I do like the mailaway figure idea as it's an additional figure for each wave and they've done well by releasing the Be Sharps that way.

Exhaust Port
11-13-2003, 10:45 PM
Man, I missed something along the way. I remember reading about the possible re-releases of a few figures that weren't painted right the first time (namely Moe) but they kind of fell off the radar there. Now as I did some online reading I see that they did the re-release of Moe and Mr. Burns as short packs for wave 12!! I ordered that wave online so I never once wandered into a store to see that a Moe or Burns was released.

Anyone score these figures when they came out? Now it looks like I'm stuck hunting on the secondary market which I haven't had to do since Wave 1. Argh!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-13-2003, 11:08 PM
EP- My dad hunts me for since i'm here at OU in Athens, but when he called from a few Targets, they had Moe and Mr. Burns. He works in Mansfield, but checks in Cols and near dayton where we live. I'll be home next week for my winter break (which ends jan 4th) and in between working for pepsi, i'll hunt around; i'll pick up Burns and Moe if i see them for ya; I don't need them; i got them during their release back in the day. Cheers!! :D

Exhaust Port
11-14-2003, 06:36 AM
Man that would be great. The sightings that your dad had, where they recent? If so, perhaps I should give my local Targets one more visit.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-20-2003, 04:33 PM
Picked up the future burns & Aztec playsets; both very good finds!!

Amazon.com discounted the Simpsons Flashback playset to 19.99; it's original price was 39.99!! I had to pick this one up!! HH!

Exhaust Port
12-20-2003, 07:42 PM
I've just about convinced myself to stop buying the WOS line. I've loved nearly everything put out for it and still see some great figures on the horizon but nothing to keep my interest going strong. The cost has continued to go up and the availability has decreased which are 2 hugh negatives for this toy series. I'm just torn between stopping cold turkey now or letting it go on for 1 or 2 more waves. My gut is telling me to just cut my ties with the WOS stuff but perhaps leave myself the opportunity to purchase 1 or 2 more figures throughout the year.

It's been a good run but all things muct come to an end. What to spend my money on now?.....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-20-2003, 08:45 PM
Ah, no, c'mon EP!! Stay with the line, brother!!! I don't see it going on for very much longer as it is, ya gotta stick with it till the end!!!

I know you're in Ohio too, but the price depends on where you shop. Target has kept their prices the same and the only thing that has gone up in price is the playsets at TRU, but you can get them for the original 19 or so at like Electronics Boutique and whatnot. C'mon, EP!!! You can do it!!

Or if you just want to spend your money on something else, you're more than welcome to send me checks instead of blowing $$ on toys. hehehhhehehe :D

Exhaust Port
12-21-2003, 05:52 AM
It feels like the WOS line is bound to end in the near future. But, if I wanted to complete my collection later the figures would be easily found online. The WOS stuff (with some exceptions) doesn't hold hold up its value on the secondary market.

Target used to be my main store for WOS figures and playsets because of their low prices. Recently they stopped carrying WOS all together so my only options were EB and TRU both of which have higher prices. Plus my TRU has become so lazy about putting anything new out that a new wave could take 6 months to make it to the shelves. I did start going back to ordering WOS series online to save a buck or two but the savings isn't as much as it use to be.

It's been a real hard decision to stop my WOS purchases. This is the first toy line that I started collecting since day 1 and have been nearly complete with over the years. If its availability was the same and prices were still reasonable they I would still purchase them but its become just too difficult to keep up with.

I'll have to take a picture of my WOS shelf and post it. It's a hit with all my apartment visitors. :)

Beast
02-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Well, it's official. The Simpson's Toy Line is ending this year. This news according to the Simpsons Collectors Website. It makes sense though. There really wasn't much more that could be done with the license. :)

The End Of The Line
UPDATE: We have confirmation of this news. We will have word from Playmates on the exact details of the last series later this week.

All good things must end. Rumors have been circulating about the future of the WoS line and now a reliable source has given us new information from inside Fox. It appears that Playmates' license with Fox to produce Simpsons merchandise will terminate at the end of this year. This will mean the end of the World of Springfield line and other Simpsons items produced by Playmates. The info we were given says the plan is to have one (or possibly two) more series of WoS and a final THOH set for TRU. Keep in mind that while we are confident in our source, this information has not been officially confirmed by Playmates yet. We will be contacting them with questions soon.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Well, this is indeed sad news, but all good things must end. I am saddened by this, but i think the line has run its course. Farewell simpsons figures; you were fantastic!! :D

Beast
02-19-2004, 03:11 PM
According to what I'm reading, Series 15 and 16 will be the last. So it doesn't sound like those planned figures for Series 17 and 18 will see the light of day after all. Sucks for you Simpson's collectors. They are trying to get Maude released in some fashion though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
02-19-2004, 03:21 PM
I haven't read through this whole thread (I mean it's 14 pages for goodness sake) but I had heard that there was supposed to be a Simpsons figure of Mark Hamill done. Was it ever made? I really liked the simpsons line of figures, but my Star Wars collection wipes any of my toy income, so I haven't collected any of the figures, but a Mark Hamill would be cool. It's sad to hear the line won't be made anymore.

Bring on the Futurama figures!

Kidhuman
02-19-2004, 04:29 PM
I have some of the SImpsons figures, not many though. They are/were cool figures, but SW takes up so much money and room. Sad to see it end.

RooJay
02-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Oh, the disappointment! Now I'll never get a chance to own Simpsons Spinal Tap figures! :cry: How I would love to have had a shot at not only them, but also figures of Mel Gibson, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Lenny Kravitz, Brian Setzer, Tom Petty, Ron Howard, Gary Coleman, etcetera, etcetera. :(

I think much of the loss of interest in the line is Playmates' own fault. They made the same mistake they made with their Star Trek line. As soon as they started making figures that were next to impossible to get, folks started passing on figures they didn't really care for instead of "collecting them all". Add to that the fact that they'd already done most of the major fan favorites, as well as the price hikes and well...you get the picture.

We had a good run though, and that's what matters. :neutral:

JediTricks
02-19-2004, 10:38 PM
I only got the first 2 waves, wish I had kept 'em packaged and used 'em for trading instead, now I don't have room to display them, they're all dusty and probably scratched, and I feel like I should have made different choices with what I got.

bobafrett, I hate to tell you this, but MAC did Futurama figures of Leela, Fry, Bender, & the ship, they were pretty sweet but very short-lived. I have 'em all except for the chase Benders (bright & shiny, and the cooking one IIRC), they're 6" tall, well-articulated (although MAC's designers were harsh with the cuts at the articulation on Leela & Fry) and came with a base and some nice accessories, except for Planet Express Ship which is the size of the figures since it is technically the 4th carded figure in the case, has a rotating turret, and retractable landing gear. Another company did cool little die cast minifigures with more characters to boot.

-Durge-
02-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Was there any new Simpsons at TF?

Beast
02-20-2004, 07:35 AM
Was there any new Simpsons at TF?
Nope, just the same designs that were shown at Toy Expo last year. They didn't even bother moving from design art to protos for the Toy Fair. Since they figured the line was dieing. I have no clue why they even bothered to show the design sketches for Simpsons 17 & 18, if they're not going to make them. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-Durge-
02-20-2004, 07:03 PM
So the Simpsons line has met it's doom...

JediTricks
02-21-2004, 03:17 AM
Re-reading what RooJay said comparing Playmates' Simpsons line to their old Star Trek line, I think he's dead-on with that comment, right down to similar timetables.

-Durge-
02-21-2004, 05:37 AM
Does anyone think Hasbro will pick up The Simpsons line?

Exhaust Port
02-21-2004, 09:25 AM
Well, I guess my statement that the WOS would end soon was right. Since there are only a few waves left I think I'll get back into it and buy them until the line ends. After that I'll be a completist minus about 4 figures. Not bad, I've never been even close with any other collection.

WOS had a good run but looking back at the line as a whole there were way too many variations that squeezed out characters that Simpsons fans would have much rather have seen. Anyone want another Willie figure?

-Durge-
02-21-2004, 05:47 PM
No, but I wouldn't mind another Hans Moleman figure.

Exhaust Port
02-22-2004, 12:50 AM
"Football in the groin!!! Football in the groin!!!" :D

PygmyAllosaurus
02-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Anyone who wants to help get a Maude Flanders figure produced(along with potentially a few other final figures), needs to go here and vote: http://www.mwctoys.com/FEATURE_022304.htm

JediTricks
02-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Well, now that Fox and the producers are committing to a feature film, I'm sure Hasbro will try to get the license for that alongside the other usual suspects, but I bet the license won't stray far from Playmates' hands.

RooJay
02-24-2004, 02:35 PM
I too find it hard to believe that Playmates will let the license go with a feature film on the way. I'm betting we'll hear some sort of news regarding this before year's end. I wouldn't doubt that there'll be some renegotiation regarding Playmates and the Simpsons, and I think it's still rather likely that they will renew the license.

gambitguru
04-10-2004, 04:16 PM
hey guys. does any one know when the new wave of simpsons figs are gonna be released? ( the wave with deep space homer and the octoplets ) because i cant find them in the targets or toys r us. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-10-2004, 04:58 PM
They're out, Gambit. They have them at my local comic book shop, but i haven't seen the figures ANYWHERE at all. People are finding them randomly. I hope i get them soon as the final wave, wave 16 is due out early summer. :D

Exhaust Port
04-10-2004, 10:47 PM
It looks like I'm back into buying WOS figures. I've been looking for the last wave but haven't found anything yet.

RooJay
04-10-2004, 11:47 PM
The latest series has been out for quite some time now - I found mine at Suncoast two months ago and just picked them up on layaway last week - and they actually seem quite common in my area. The only ones I don't see too often are Deep Space Homer and the Octuplets.

PygmyAllosaurus
04-10-2004, 11:48 PM
hey guys. does any one know when the new wave of simpsons figs are gonna be released?

That wave was out in late January. Because this line is all but over, it was hard to find. I know in my area, only three cases were shipped. One to EB, one to Suncoast, and one to the local comic shop(which is where I got it, since it's the only time I've seen the entire wave).

The playset from that wave(Nuclear Power Plant Lunch Room with Frank Grimes) I've only seen at Suncoast, I bought one in early February and I've never seen it again.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Well, after months of hunting and not finding wave 15, i buckled and picked the figures and Frank Grimes cafeteria set off amazon.com. According to ebgames.com, the next and FINAL Simpsons WoS wave 16 will be shipping in early June. Also, here are a few pics from SCS of the FINAL Treehouse of Horrors set, which'll probably be the final WoS item. It's based off the "Island of Dr. Hibbert" episode. also, there is a pic of the cancelled Stonecutters playset. That thing would've ruled. :( But alas, cheers!! :D

Exhaust Port
04-24-2004, 01:32 PM
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order wave 15 off Amazon. The stores around here haven't had anything new in a long time. The only WOS I find now are tons of the Main Street playset, that's it.

I noticed a TRU exclusive on Amazon, a Future Burns and Smithers small playset. When did that come out? I'm just wondering if I should have any hope of seeing that in the stores or if I should just order the thing online.

They're cancelling, or have cancelled, the Stonecutter playset? That's really too bad. What we to do with all our Stonecutter figures now? :(

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-24-2004, 02:05 PM
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order wave 15 off Amazon. The stores around here haven't had anything new in a long time. The only WOS I find now are tons of the Main Street playset, that's it.

I noticed a TRU exclusive on Amazon, a Future Burns and Smithers small playset. When did that come out? I'm just wondering if I should have any hope of seeing that in the stores or if I should just order the thing online.

They're cancelling, or have cancelled, the Stonecutter playset? That's really too bad. What we to do with all our Stonecutter figures now? :(

the only places i found Simpsons toys were at Target and TRU. Target has since dropped the line and the TRU around here don't have crap. Amazon or some other online retailer is the way to go.

The future burns playset came out last winter, i do believe. It's from the episode, "Bobo the Bear", which is one of the best simpsons episodes, ever.

Yeah, the stonecutters playset is now canned. The only remaining WoS toys we have before the line ends are:
wave 16 figures
wave 16 playset
THOH 5

Sad sad times. No Stonecutter Set, no Maude Flanders and no Leonard Nimoy figure. Stupid Playmates. :mad:

Exhaust Port
04-24-2004, 08:49 PM
As soon as you mentioned that the Bobo the Bear set came out last winter I remember buying it and putting it storage. I've limited my WOS display to wave figures and playsets. The BTB set was then put aside with the other few that have come out. Out of sight out of mind I guess, I completely forgot that I had it already. Good thing I didn't order one of those too. :)

RooJay
04-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Ah, what I wouldn't give to see Toybiz produce Mulder and Scully, and Aerosmith and Spinal Tap sets before the end... :cry:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-04-2004, 09:34 PM
TREEHOUSE OF HORRORS 5 CANCELLED!!!!

I saw this at Simpsonscollectors.com:

Ok, we have good news and bad news. Bad news first: Playmates and TRU have decided to cancel the planned Treehouse of Horror 5 exclusive. No official reason was given, but we imagine it was due to collector disatisfaction with the House of Pain/Manimal design. In better news, Playmates plans to finish out the line by rereleasing early figures (as they did with their Ninja Turtles line), exclusively with TRU. The currently planned figures for re-release are: Bart, Homer, Lisa, Grampa, Smithers, Lenny, Otto, Wiggum, Krusty, Mr. Burns, Barney, Ned, Moe, Nelson and Milhouse. They will be packed in their original packaging, and include their voice chips. Stay tuned for updates in the coming weeks.

Sad sad news. I guess wave 16 is the final product of the line. Cheers! :D

Kidhuman
05-04-2004, 10:06 PM
I have been doing some comparisons. We all know that the line is ending. Wave 16 is the end. The Simpsons TV show is nearing its end as well. it has been drawn out a little too much. Anyway, I think the Simpsons is in Year 15, sowouldnt it be funny if the show ends after season 16 too? HUH? Well? :beard:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Uhhhhhh.....I think the show is in contract for a few more years, KH. Sorry to rain on your parade, but yeah.....a few more seasons of the show are in order. :D

Rocketboy
05-05-2004, 12:29 AM
Playmates plans to finish out the line by rereleasing early figures (as they did with their Ninja Turtles line), exclusively with TRU. The currently planned figures for re-release are: Bart, Homer, Lisa, Grampa, Smithers, Lenny, Otto, Wiggum, Krusty, Mr. Burns, Barney, Ned, Moe, Nelson and Milhouse. Good news about the re-releases, now I can get a few I missed on the first time (or said I'll pick it up later - dumb move), like: Homer, Burns, Milhouse, and Lenny (No Carl?).
Any idea which Wiggum? Hoping for Ralph...

RooJay
05-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Wouldn't it have been grand if they were instead rereleasing some of the more rare and impossible to find figures like Hank Scorpio and Scout Master Flanders along with some that never got a retail release like Cooder, Lewellyn Sinclair, and the Pin Pals? :(

Exhaust Port
05-06-2004, 09:20 AM
I finally broke down and ordered Wave 15 and the playset off TRU/Amazon but only got the playset as the figures were sold out it seems. Bummer. I guess I'll have to breakdown and get those of eBay at some point or hope they eventually make an appearance in the local TRU (which they never did).

As for the re-releases, will these be exactly like the orginals or will they have new paint or a resculpt? I remember when they re-released Moe he was the same sculpt but with a corrected paint job. If they're the same then it will save me from buying them since I'm an opener and you wouldn't be able to tell from the previous figures.

Rocketboy
05-06-2004, 10:46 PM
Wouldn't it have been grand if they were instead rereleasing some of the more rare and impossible to find figures like Hank Scorpio and Scout Master Flanders along with some that never got a retail release like Cooder, Lewellyn Sinclair, and the Pin Pals? :(Hank Scorpio and Scout Master Flanders were big time peg warmers here in my area.

Exhaust Port
05-08-2004, 08:33 AM
One area's peg warmers is another areas rarity.

RooJay
05-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Hank Scorpio and Scout Master Flanders were big time peg warmers here in my area.

Guess I should've been in your area when they hit then. Flanders never showed up around here - not that I really need him now that there will never be any scouts for him to master.

Ji'dai
06-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Just a heads up that I saw Series 16 at TRU today in Indiana. I picked up an Evil Homer, he's pretty cool.

Exhaust Port
06-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the report. I'll be hitting my stores this week to see if they've made it this far.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-27-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm proud to say that thanks to the Sawmill TRU in cols, i got: Agnes, Doug, Ben and Gary and Brain Freeze Bart. And today, i got Evil Homer and Artie Ziff. The last figures i'll ever buy from Simpsons. :cry:

Ji'dai
11-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Has anyone found the re-release figures at TRU? I've been checking my TRU lately but no luck. I passed on these figures when they were originally released but I'd like to get them now. The best part is they are coming into stores already clearance priced, and TRU has 50% off that price. So some people are getting these figs for about a buck each. The SKN for these figures is 421904.

Ji'dai
11-29-2004, 06:22 PM
My TRU finally got some cases of the re-release figures. The two cases they brought out for me had 2 Homer, 2 Bart, 2 Flanders, 2 Krusty, 2 Mr. Burns, and 2 Barney. Unfortunately only red tagged at $2.95, but some TRUs have them green tagged with 50% off that price.