PDA

View Full Version : Playmates honors Phil Hartman

2-1B
09-13-2002, 01:00 AM
Sorry if this is old news,
but I was reading Toyfare last night and they report that all proceeds from the Lionel Hutz figure are going to a trust for Hartman's kids.

I'm a big fan of his work, and I want to say I think it's pretty cool of them to do this. Not sire if it's a joint venture between Playmates, Fox, Groening, or whomever, but I just wanted to voice my appreciation for this. :cry:

Now I just hope I can FIND one of these figs ! :D

Lman316
09-13-2002, 01:16 AM
There are a few of them in my area, Caesar, so if you can't find one, just send me a message :D.
Phil Hartman was one of my favorite comedians and I was quite upset when I heard about his death. I mean, I know it's the smallest thing on the list to worry about, but we'll never be able to see those characters (on the Simpsons and anything else he would have done) ever again. For instance, he was supposed to be the voice of Zap Brannigan (sp?) on Futurama...
However, I think I heard about them donating the proceeds (I think, in Toyfare, like you mentioned) and I, too, think it's a good idea. I'll definitely go pick one up now.
I wonder if they're doing the same for the Troy McClure figure?

End...

kadamontaga
09-15-2002, 08:58 PM
I hadn't heard about his death. That's very sad, for lack of a better word. Which Simpsons characters did he voice?

MikeAndTheBots
09-15-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by kadamontaga
I hadn't heard about his death. That's very sad, for lack of a better word. Which Simpsons characters did he voice?
Lionel Hutz, Troy McLure (SP), and the monorail guy from that one episode (I think)

Nexu
09-15-2002, 09:15 PM
He did a lot more than that.

kadamontaga
09-15-2002, 11:57 PM
Such as?

Exhaust Port
09-16-2002, 02:13 AM
Here's a list of characters he voiced:
Lionel Hutz, Troy McClure,
Voice of Heaven, Moses and assorted TV voices, Plato, Stockbroker, Smooth Jimmy Apollo, Lyle Lanle, himself and Tom.

Lyle Lanle is the Monorail salesman MikeandtheBots. :)

Nexu
09-16-2002, 08:14 AM
Hmmm, I thought it was more than that. Oh well. :)

Exhaust Port
09-16-2002, 11:14 AM
I think it just seems like more since he was in so many episodes with his recurring characters.