PDA

View Full Version : Fan Choice 4 Winner?

JediCole
09-14-2002, 12:41 PM
Okay, I'll admit it. I lost track of the Hasbro Star Wars Fan Choice Poll #4 (the one that included the McQuarrie Stormtrooper).

Does anyone out there know who won?!

I don't know how I missed the results and the Hasbro site seems to be stuck on Fan Choice #3 (Ephant Mon).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2002, 01:05 PM
The concept stormie won. :)

bigbarada
09-14-2002, 01:18 PM
Yep, against all logic and common sense, the worthless, waste of shelf space, Concept Stormie won.:mad:

QLD
09-14-2002, 01:18 PM
Yes many people rejoiced, and many people cried in pain at the results.

Me, I could have cared less, as I would have bought any of them.

Darth Sidious
09-14-2002, 01:32 PM
What does the concept stormie look like? Could someone post a pic? (Drawing, figure, whatever...any pic will do) Thanks. :)

Turbowars
09-14-2002, 02:25 PM
Not to be a start @ss, but it looks like a Stormtrooper and I'm pis sed. With all the figures we been waiting for years, collectors picked this, (shaking head in disbelief)I think the poll was fixed.

TylerD
09-14-2002, 04:21 PM
What were the other figures on the list? Here is a link to some art of the concept stormtrooper:

http://www.jedinet.com/cgi-bin/galleries/multimedia/gallery.cgi?action=view&link=Original_Trilogy/Art/Ralph_McQuarrie&image=mcquarrie_154.jpg&img=32&tt=

The only difference I see is that the concept stormtrooper carries a lightsaber...

JediTricks
09-14-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Yep, against all logic and common sense, the worthless, waste of shelf space, Concept Stormie won.:mad: Funny, that's how I feel about Ephant Mon.

Here's the main thread about this: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7390

I didn't even get to vote on that poll but I wanted the Concept Stormtrooper to win. It's not just another Stormtrooper, it has a different look and has a killer lightsaber and clear shield. Here's a small shot from one of McQuarrie's paintings where you don't get a good look at the different armor and helmet: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=93721
I believe there are more pics in the thread I mentioned above.

Turbowars
09-14-2002, 04:27 PM
Why do you feel that way about Ephant Mon, JediTricks? He's classic and is needed. I don't care for the new Stormy because I feel that there are many more important figures to be done from the classic trilogy. I'll buy him, but I would rather have a
new droid.

Darth Sidious
09-14-2002, 04:40 PM
Eh, it's ok, not too bad. I think I'm going to get it, although I personally wouldn't have voted for it above some of the other choices. I need more Stormies anyway, and the Saber and shield look ok too.

Rogue II
09-14-2002, 05:10 PM
I still think hackers managed to change the results of the poll in favor of the Sketchtrooper.

Too many of us were divided over the General and the Imperial Dignitary. Both were good choices.

Its kind of like the 1992 presidential election. The votes against Clinton were split between Perot and George Bush (Sr.) who were both much better choices than Clinton.

hango fett
09-14-2002, 05:26 PM
i actually like the stormie. looks really cool with it's lightsaber!
h

jedihunter25
09-14-2002, 06:44 PM
That's 5 bucks that Hasbro WON'T be getting from me.

Turbowars
09-14-2002, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hango fett
i actually like the stormie. looks really cool with it's lightsaber!
h [Quote]Not to be rude, but how can you make that decision based just on the one photo? If there are more, please post them or the a link to them. After I see more, I'll make a decision. If it looks good on paper I can't see hasbro scre-wing it up, they produce good troopers. I've thought about this and came to the concluion that we probably get all the Classics next year,or at least 1/2. I mean, there's not that much left. Lets just hope they don't make 24 more Lukes and Mauls.

InsaneJediGirl
09-14-2002, 09:41 PM
My thoughts on the Concept Stormie is this: Dont make it.If you really want one,slap a lightsaber in the hand of one,pick up a lego shield and Ta-Da..One concept Stormie.Waste of plastic and shelf space in my opinion.

corporal AMF
09-14-2002, 11:28 PM
I want Hermi Oddle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:

Lord Malakite
09-15-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I didn't even get to vote on that poll but I wanted the Concept Stormtrooper to win.
Thats alright JediTricks, because I voted for him. :D

Amanamike
09-15-2002, 02:28 AM
Actually with the way Hasbro has been releasing figures lately, you can bet that it will probably be a Commtech stormtrooper made out of that rubbery plastic, with a cut in half darth maul lightsaber and a repainted gungan shield. After those accessory packs this is what I believe we will see. I voted for Reeikan myself and woulda voted Imperial Dignitary if I knew I was splitting a vote that would cause a figure like this to be made. Im sorry but this is gonna be as bad as a Santa 3PO and a Rudolph R2. God help us all if this is the way hasbro is leading the line.

JEDIpartner
09-15-2002, 12:37 PM
I think they will do a reasonably good job with this one. I think the Jedi concept art figures were done well enough. I know that a lot of people get upset about EU figures being made because so many other figures seem to be overlooked, but there really is room for all of these. I remember being little and playing with my figures and wishing I had a Luke in clothing different than what he had in the film. Well... I think that a good number of the EU figures fill that order. I never thought that Luke or Han... well, MAYBE Han, would wear the same type of clothing for every mission I came up with. The Jedi Training figures would be perfect if I were to make up an EU Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon mission. Anyhow... that's how I feel about EU figures. I DO hope that Madine and Dodonna and the Dignitaries get made, but I really haven't an issue with the McQuarrie Stormtrooper.

187-Maul
09-15-2002, 12:51 PM
I voted for concept stormie too cause he (according to the drawing) looks really cool

AmanaMatt
09-15-2002, 05:45 PM
I personally voted for the Imperial Dignitary as I am one of these collectors who wants all of the vintage redone. However, being a huge Stormtrooper fan, I'm willing to give this one a chance. If this sucks in overall design and bombs with the fans, Hasbro will never do EU again.

Battle Droid
09-15-2002, 06:12 PM
I voted for the Endor Trooper in Biker Scout disguise, but that's before I found out it wouldn't come with a helmet.

Rogue II
09-15-2002, 06:51 PM
I voted for Reeikan. My 2nd choice would have been the Imperial Dig. The Rebel Biker Scout disguise would have been my 3rd choice, even if he didn't come with the removeable helmet.

JediTricks
09-15-2002, 11:45 PM
I don't like Ephant Mon or Hermi Odle or Amanaman, I don't really think most of the Jabba's Palace aliens are characters at all. Most of them just stand there barely on camera for a few seconds of screentime and don't do much of anything. In the ANH cantina, at least they were all doing stuff and they had a reason to be there, but in the ROTJ palace, they really are mostly set decor to me. Plus, Hermi and Ephant both look like drooling bags of meat in clothes IMO.

I personally believe that as a collecting group, we cannot let Hasbro turn the Star Wars line into a thing of "either one figure or the other" - it should be one AND THEN the other, we deserve all the good figures they can produce, not just a Sophie's Choice of SW.

I like the idea of concept art figures, especially from McQuarrie's art which feels so alive to me - that art is really what made Star Wars look as good as it does. So much of what didn't get used has such an authentic feel to it that I can't help but wonder how cool it would be to have concept Vader, Chewie, and R2 (among others, there are lots of great designs).

Sinister Lord
09-16-2002, 08:59 AM
I didn't vote in the poll, and this one probably wouldn't be my first choice... but I'm not opposed to the idea of a "Sketchtooper" figure. Even if it becomes a pegwarmer, the figure would make for good army building. I think it's a "win win" situation no matter what. Either it becomes a rare figure and we buy one, and keep it on the card... or it becomes a pegwarmer and we make armies out of them. I'd be happy either way. The bottom line for me is that Stormtroopers (in any form) are cool and I can never get enough of them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-16-2002, 10:34 AM
I kinda like it, it's something relatively new and creative. I don't know where the concept/idea came from, but i like it. Hopefully these Stormtroopers are more accurate with sabers then it's bretheren was with blasters.

KIDD
09-16-2002, 10:36 AM
I wanted the imperial dignatary

evenflow
09-16-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
My thoughts on the Concept Stormie is this: Dont make it.If you really want one,slap a lightsaber in the hand of one,pick up a lego shield and Ta-Da..One concept Stormie.Waste of plastic and shelf space in my opinion.

I totally agree. There was no need for it to win. I wish the Dignitary would have won.

Rogue II
09-16-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I personally believe that as a collecting group, we cannot let Hasbro turn the Star Wars line into a thing of "either one figure or the other" - it should be one AND THEN the other, we deserve all the good figures they can produce, not just a Sophie's Choice of SW.

I don't agree with you about Jabba's Palace aliens, but I do agree with this. Why can't we have both, Hasbro? As long as Rieekan and the Imperial Dignitary get made, I could not care less about the title "Fan's Choice."

If Hasbro is going to make the Sketchtrooper, they should follow through and do the Vader, R2, Chewbacca, etc.

The only way I could see anyone using the Sketchtrooper for "army building" is if they make a McQuarrie's art diorama.

allenj456
09-16-2002, 12:11 PM
There is a reason why it wasnt in the movie- Cause its not what Lucas wanted- All this EU or concepts stuff blows. I like Star Wars- not what never was Star Wars.

JEDIpartner
09-16-2002, 01:22 PM
Half the toys OUT THERE aren't things that were in the movie/TV show... they are made to expand on those concepts so we can go BEYOND those ideas that were already handed to us.

"Use your imagination Luke..." ;)

stad
09-16-2002, 01:27 PM
Why would anyone use the Sketchtrooper for army building (exception being a McQuarrie art diorama)? The Sketchtroopers were NOT in Star Wars. If you wanted to use some odd, non-Star Wars figure to fill in your lack of Stormtroopers, why stop there? You can't make an accurate diorama with Sketchtroopers in place, you might as well use some crap like S.T.A.R. force or some other similar garbage, since it is going to be wrong anyways. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept art, and if they are going to make a series of it, that would be great! But just one figure, instead of a much-desired movie character, is crap! Everybody says that they will get around to making Rieekan and Imp. Diginitary anyway, how can you be sure? This line WILL end before everything is made, and there is no guarantee that those won't still be pushed back at that time.

Battle Droid
09-16-2002, 01:33 PM
I'll buy the Concept Trooper, I wasn't able to find the Commtech Trooper.

stillakid
09-16-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I still think hackers managed to change the results of the poll in favor of the Sketchtrooper.

Too many of us were divided over the General and the Imperial Dignitary. Both were good choices.

Its kind of like the 1992 presidential election. The votes against Clinton were split between Perot and George Bush (Sr.) who were both much better choices than Clinton.

My personal theory is that Hasbro decides which "fan choice" figure will be made, then releases a "poll" to give the illusion that collectors actually have a say in the decision. Statistically, based on most of the scuttlebutt around here, there's no way in hell that the sketchtrooper would have really won a legitimate contest. With that in mind, the simplest and only logical explanation is a fix by Hasbro itself.

So why do a poll in the first place, you might ask? Again, conjecture, but doing something like this on a periodic basis would give them a way to monitor interest in the line beyond just retail sales. The facade of an interactive poll is the perfect way to gauge waxing and waning interest without coming right out and asking people if they still collect.

187-Maul
09-16-2002, 02:03 PM
why doesn't tycho do a poll about the 4th fan poll with the same characters as a choice and everyone who participated at first, can vote again (you have to trust the voters) but has to vote the same character just to see the results (again, you have to trust that everyone votes for the same figure again)

well thinking twice about it, a lot of people would probably cheat (vote somebody else then first) being it for or against the sketchtrooper

bigbarada
09-16-2002, 02:11 PM
I've had those same suspicions about the Fan Choice polls, stillakid. I think the only reason that Ephant Mon won the last one was the uproar caused when the Twilek Massuese jumped up like 20 percentage points in a few hours (which is fine by me, cuz I've wanted Ephant Mon for over 15 years). Notice how the big lump of plastic figure types were conspicuously absent from the last poll?

Anyway, thinking about the results of the last poll, and putting myself in the shoes of a 10 year old kid again, when I was heaviest into collecting Star Wars. I think I would have picked the Sketchtrooper back then. When I was young, playing with the Star Wars toys was never about recreating the movies frame by frame. I just wanted a cool figure to take into the backyard and play in the dirt with. It never mattered if that figure was in this movie or that, as I would mix toy lines all the time (Star Wars with GI Joe with Indiana Jones with Buck Rogers, etc). There was no such thing as "you can't put Ben Kenobi and Bossk into a ship together." If I wanted to do it, it was possible.

So, here's hoping that the Sketchtrooper turns out to be a cool figure if nothing else. And here's hoping that the next fan choice poll will have an 'all of the above' option.:)

thespar
09-16-2002, 02:19 PM
i like the idea of an all of above option. i am not going to belly aching to much about this one being made after all i vote for nym. i far a repeating the poll in here some else might win but i do not if every one who vote will be in here.

Rogue II
09-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Well, one way or another, someone rigged the poll. I remember in the Fan's Choice Thread people were updating the poll statistics a few times per day. The Sketchtrooper managed to jump several percentage points in a very short period of time. The general consensus was that someone hacked the Hasbro website and changed it, because there was no way there could be such a large jump in votes.

Was it Hasbro? Was it Hackers? Was it the man on the grassy knoll? It doesn't matter now. The Sketchtrooper is on its way.

Beast
09-16-2002, 03:17 PM
Well, since there was proof of cheating announced for the Amanaman poll that one time, I assume again that it was cheaters. The poll with Ephant Mon had to have the votes re-counted due to someone stuffing the box for the Twi'lek.

I don't think it's some mass conspiracy on Hasbro's part, because they even were suprised by the eventual winner. Since the applause poll at Celebration 2 showed the most support for the Dignitary and Rieekan, with the Dignitary just slightly in the lead. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

InsaneJediGirl
09-16-2002, 04:10 PM
I'm not saying E.U. figures are bad..this is more Alternate Univervse.I'd love to see E.U. figures...just not something from conception art.

I do think hackers got into the polls though..They should limit it to one vote per ISP number/Hasbro User..even that could be hacked though.

LTBasker
09-16-2002, 04:46 PM
Actually the best way to limit it would be to do it by one e-mail account per person along with IP tracking, that way it would be heavily inconvient for someone to make up a bunch of e-mail accounts just for multiple IDs and they'd have to keep reconnecting to get different IPs anyways to sign up with more accounts. True experianced hackers could still get to it, but that's why they should have someone watch it closely and if theres suspicious activity then they can report it and then the votes can be recounted.

Actually theres alot of poll software out there that aren't hacker-friendly.

Beast
09-16-2002, 05:09 PM
The sad thing is, that Hasbro shouldn't have to try to make their site more secure when they run a poll. I'm sickened by the cheating that has been rampant in the last three polls. Atleast with Fan Choice #2 and #3 they did somthing about it.

I was rather upset to see this time they decided to just let the results count, even though the ammount of votes that the Trooper was receiving was impossible.

For cripes sake, I watched his percent of the vote skyrocket in one night, with little change at all to the others. Just check the Fan Choice 4 thread where I was posting the returns. There is no way that everyone that voted would vote for the Imperial Sketchtrooper. :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
09-16-2002, 05:16 PM
Why on earth would someone want to hack a crapy poll though? does someone want a toy that badly that they'd spend hours submitting vote after vote...... scratch that, course there's dumb arses out there who'd do that because they have no life :rolleyes:

Personally I side with stillakids theory in part. I feel that for any figure to be included in a poll the preliminary work must be done already - i.e. design work, so that they can just get going straight away. If you take all the characters from the polls you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be produced somewhere down the line. I don't think hasbro would waste a good design if they could make money from it. This year the emphasis has been on pleasing kids but next year the emphasis shifts back to us the collectors. What's the reckoning that we'll see Even Piell and Yareal Poof, general Rieeken and Admiral Ozzel, Ann Gela and R1-G4 etc....
Hasbro aren't concerned with seeing who gets the most votes and I highly doubt anyone actually bothers to count of verify the vote counts. All that matters is consumer interest generally. The overall vote count. Forget hacking or multiple voting by sad individuals and just take the total votes cast. That will tell you that there is significant interest in the toys at that given point. Run a sort on the IP addresses and see where the votes were cast from which will tell you which areas of the globe are hungry for star wars toys. It's a marketing ploy. Consumer research. It would actually be far more intelligent of Hasbro to simply put out a survey to get the results they want but they're too stupid to go the logical way.

The fan's choice polls are decided way before they actually go up on the Hasbro site, has to be. If it was actually a real poll there'd be a votes cast number rather than simply a percentage number. Votes percentage could be made up by the teaboy or the janitor. It really doesn't matter. They want us to get into a stew over it all so they can justify continuing to make the toys because the poll only shows a general interest. This last one will probably show the highest figures of vots cast because it occured in the build up to the latest movie. If there's a poll next year it'll probably show a downslide in interest which would verify the thinking behind the marketing and show that although figures are down in that fiscal period, the interest remains consistent with those of other non movie years past.

Perhaps that was a ramble and a half but I make sense to myself so hopefully I'll make sense to some of you too. :)

karinations
09-16-2002, 05:50 PM
I consider this(as im sure many fo you do)Expanded Universe.
I'm not that into the EU stuff..in regards to the figures anyway.
Some of the video games/comics/novels are really good and they keep Star Wars moving in different directions for people who care to indulge.Personally i just don't like EU figures,i just don't know what to do with them. I'm always playing around with my figures,settign them up just screwing around them.ME and my 3 year old neice play Star Wars when i babysit her(Prequil stuff only,she has Ep1 on video and knows nothing else:)whenevr i got the figures out and am splitting them into movies for whatever reason it happenens to be, i eventually end up with a pile consisting of Luke as Sith,Chewbacca as Bounty hunter,Grand Admiral Thrawn,Kyle Katarn,ect,ect)it's like the pile of Star Wars misfit toys.Even when my neice gets into OT someday we still wont be needing Mara Jade when we bust out the figures.So screw concept Stormtrooper.
Basicly.
But i'll still buy it like the sheep i am.

-V-

http://www.karinations.com
http://www.citizenv.com

karinations
09-16-2002, 05:51 PM
Nice spelling,it's called proof reading DEEK!

Oh wait that was mine...

-V-

http://www.karinations.com
http://www.citizenv.com

Sinister Lord
09-16-2002, 06:58 PM
Let me ask some of you guys this question... you say you hate the idea of the "sketchtrooper" because it is EU? But is it any more EU than the Star Tours figures? Did you buy those? If you answered yes and you did buy the (obviously EU) Star Tours figures, then you are in no position to complain about an EU Stormtooper. Personally, I think the "sketchtrooper" is a whole lot better looking than those dorky looking Star Tours droids.

Turbowars
09-16-2002, 07:15 PM
I would buy the star tours figures, but I don't feel like going to DisneyLand, the crappiest place on earth. If you order then over the phone they don't pack well and they get all bent up. I'll pass on those, kind of like I may pass on the trooper. I keep changing my mind??????? :crazed:

stillakid
09-16-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I don't think it's some mass conspiracy on Hasbro's part, because they even were suprised by the eventual winner.

Ya know, Nixon played the same game. If you were running a scam, wouldn't you act surprised in the end? :rolleyes: Tell your boss at Hasbro to buy a clue. What was that line from the movie..."your undying devotion to that ancient religion...etc etc etc..."

As for me, I've always bought whatever they put out there...just because. Call me a Star Wars sheep or whatever. I'm not even sure why I do it. My wife asks me that all the time. :crazed: I have the first two Star Tours and they came all bent up, but I open everything anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. I haven't even seen the attraction, but, whatever. I guess I'm a loose completist...or a completist of loose stuff. Whatever turns you on...or me on. :rolleyes: So, in the end, sure, I'd much prefer to see the movie characters done first so that the Cantina and Palace could be fully stocked, but some of the EU characters are an interesting diversion as well. The SketchTrooper is mildly interesting, but no more so than Kyle or Rendar or any of those other EU yahoos.

Rogue II
09-16-2002, 08:20 PM
Not that it matters since the poll is over and the Sketchtrooper won, but I was thinking about this. If the past couple polls have been hacked, why would this one be any different. I think the only thing Hasbro had to do with "conspiracy" was failing to sift through the votes to find the real winner.

I don't really think of the Sketchtrooper as EU. I see EU as stuff from the novels, video games, and comics, and non-theatrical movies(Ewoks, star tours, etc). Concept artwork doesn't seem to fit in with EU.

I'll pass on this figure the same way I've passed on many other figures.

Beast
09-16-2002, 08:26 PM
Exactly, they only didn't do a re-count, and check it against IP addresses like they did the last two times when there was proof of cheating in the poll. I do blame them for that, but if the world was perfect there wouldn't have been cheating to begin with. :p

Of course Hasbro has to have some designs for the 5 potential figures, since they have to research the charecters to put them in the poll. I'm sure the designs for the other loosers are in a folder somewhere, waiting for Hasbro to make them. :)

And Rogue II and I agree on the fact that the SketchTrooper is not EU. He's a concept figure, and not somthing that was ever in anything that fits into the EU universe. I'm not happy about the Dignitary or Riekeen loosing to sketch, but it's not going to solve anything worrying about it now. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
09-16-2002, 08:31 PM
Yeah, so lets drop it!! LOL;)

Sidiously Darth
09-18-2002, 10:54 PM
See my reply on the new Mace fiasco at the following link:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=177090#post177090

I don't want all those blindly following this Concept Stormie thing to be left out.

This also allows me a link to the same reply I've put in 3 different threads about the same thing. AAAhhhhhhhhhh!:crazed:

JediCole
09-19-2002, 03:00 AM
Thank you to all who contributed to answering my question. I suspected the concept Stormtrooper was the winner, just wanted confirmation.

As to the question of why this one? I think the answer is simple. Collectors probably felt it was the only way this figure would EVER be made. And given the fact that we were given so few MOVIE choices, I am not entirely surprised at the outcome. What possessed Hasbro to select so many "Expanded Universe" choices is beyond me. Hopefully a Fan Choice poll in the future, if there is to be a number five, will have ONLY movie choices.

Beast
09-19-2002, 03:29 AM
JediCole, if you look at the numbers that are posted in the Fan Choice #4 poll thread in this section, you can see that the numbers were going up far faster then possible. The only way such huge jumps is possible, is if people were flooding the ballot box. Not every vote coming in, could be for him and the others recieveing almost none.

As for the comment about there being alot of "Expanded Universe" choices in the poll, there wasn't. There was 1 EU figure, 1 Concept figure, 1 ESB figure, and 2 ROTJ figures. I was disapointed a bit that E1 didn't even get represented this time. Atleast you sort of could consider the SketchTrooper as a ANH figure, since the designs were for ANH. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
09-19-2002, 03:53 AM
Lots of people mistake the Rebel in Biker Scout Disguise as an EU figure. It's become a pretty common mistake and that's why I have a pic of him from ROTJ permanently saved on my harddrive.:)

He was in the movie, you just have to really be looking for him and know exactly where to look. Just like Djas Puhr, Kittik Keedkak, Amanaman, Ephant Mon, YakFace, Barada, Klaatu, Squidhead, Imperial Dignitary, R2-Q5, Death Star Droid, Snaggletooth, Orn Free Taa, Red Clone Trooper, Nikto Jedi and the Royal Guard (in AOTC). Show me someone who can find any of those characters on their first viewing of the movie.

187-Maul
09-19-2002, 09:12 AM
in the next poll they should just have one character from each movie realeased (TPM, AOTC, ANH, ESB, ROTJ)

Turbowars
09-19-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
in the next poll they should just have one character from each movie realeased (TPM, AOTC, ANH, ESB, ROTJ) I agree, but I would really like to see a poll that only had Classic figures from ANH,ESB,ROTJ, or better yet, 3 polls that has 5 figures from each Classic film.

Rogue II
09-19-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
I agree, but I would really like to see a poll that only had Classic figures from ANH,ESB,ROTJ, or better yet, 3 polls that has 5 figures from each Classic film.

That would be cool as long as they could assure hackers won't be able to cheat.

Beast
09-19-2002, 06:32 PM
As I said before about the SketchTrooper, if they really wanted an obscure Stormtrooper in the poll they could have used one from the movie. In ANH walking out on the Death Star surface as the falcon flies into the Docking bay there is an "Imperial SpaceTrooper". You can make out the fact that he's wearing a backpack with hoses that run to the front of his helmet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
09-19-2002, 06:41 PM
That's most likely what we'll get JJB. There's a production photo of Joe Johnstone trying out the stormtrooper costume with the hoses attached like they opriginally planned for the attack on the Tantive IV, the stormtroopers were supposed to be wearing space suits because they travelled across space and cut their way into the ship rather than docking on and blasting through the doors. The stormtrooper armour was just kept as standard because it looked so darn cool. Even Vader wasn't supposed to be permanently in his armour, they kept it because it was cool and more menacing looking.
So they sketchtrooper will most likely have the tubes attached from the front of the mask where those tewo silver knobs are either side off the breath aparatus and he'll have a small pack like the AT-AT driver and TIE pilot. Then as accessories he'll have the shield and saber. If they do that they already have the TIE pilot head they can shove on a commtech stormtrooper body, they have plenty of saber hilts to choose from that come with any Jedi figure. The shiels would realisticly be the only new part. This could be rehash city and totally lame and so many would have voted for a really bad rehash when they could have had something entirely new. like say - the Imperial dignitary for instance....... ;)

Beast
09-19-2002, 06:55 PM
I'm still very very disapointed with the fact that the Imperial Dignitary didn't win. But atleast he's appearing on rumor lists for next year. Maybe they saw all the votes that Riekeen and the Dignitary got, and all the people complaining about the obvious ballot box stuffing for the poll and decided to make all three. Would Hasbro actually be that cool as to do that, I'm not to sure. But so far all the other rumors for next year from Retailer Lists are showing up true. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
09-19-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

That would be cool as long as they could assure hackers won't be able to cheat. it wouldn't matter if anyone cheated. We need all we can get from the Classics. Pretty soon Hasblo is going to think that EP2 is a classic and all we'll get are Jar Jar's and Obi's. LOL sorry JarJarBinks, you know how I feel about this guy.

Rogue II
09-19-2002, 07:00 PM
True. I guess if it was all Classic Trilogy Figures we really couldn't lose. (unless they tried to short us on something like the Rebel in Biker Scout disguise).

I didn't know there were rumors about the Imperial Dignitary.

Whatever happened to the rumor about the Rebel Officer? Did that one fizzle out?

Beast
09-19-2002, 07:04 PM
Well, we do need 2 more versions of Jar Jar, from Episode II. First of all we need a re-sculpt of the "Senate Address" outfit, so that when he meets with Palpatine and Orn Free Taa, he doesn't look like he's gonna attack them. :) After that we need his outfit from the beginning of the film, in Padme's Apartment. The one with the fancy shiny robe with the cool dangly epaulettes. By the way, anyone notice how much I love to use the word, epaulettes. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
09-19-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
By the way, anyone notice how much I love to use the word, epaulettes. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks [/B] No, because I don't read your posts!:crazed: I'm just kidding JarJar, I feel like being bad, but I wont;) Arn't those shoulder thingies?

Rogue II
09-19-2002, 07:33 PM
I swear I never hear do epaulettes until I joined the Air Force. Yes, they are those shoulder thingies.

stad
09-19-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Turbowars

it wouldn't matter if anyone cheated. We need all we can get from the Classics. Pretty soon Hasblo is going to think that EP2 is a classic and all we'll get are Jar Jar's and Obi's. LOL sorry JarJarBinks, you know how I feel about this guy.

I totally agree with you TurboWars, we do need all the figs we can get from the classic trilogy. But the Sketchtrooper isn't from the OT! It's not from anywhere, except the trash heap of rejected ideas.

Darkross
09-20-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl

My thoughts exactly! I wanted a General Reiken or a new R5D4!

Turbowars
09-20-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by stad

I totally agree with you TurboWars, we do need all the figs we can get from the classic trilogy. But the Sketchtrooper isn't from the OT! It's not from anywhere, except the trash heap of rejected ideas. I don't believe I said that about the trooper being OT, but if I did it was not meant that way. Hell I don't want it!