PDA

View Full Version : Post hilarious Rick McCallum sayings here!

Darth Sidious
09-14-2002, 09:48 PM
The title is self-explanitory, post funny things that Rick McCallum has says here. Someone asked him the following question-

"My wife is due with our first baby on the Episode II release date. What should I do?"

Here is his enlightening reply-

"I used dill pickles with my wife - she hated them, but they stopped her from going into labor. For the birth of my second daughter, I was going to be on location when she was due and there was only one flight out a week and I had to be there to film. Finally she ate a gallon of chocolate ice cream and boom - she gave birth.

So, you've got to time it... dill pickles to delay and chocolate ice cream to speed it up.

Make sure she sees the movie at midnight, then at 2:30 she can break water and you'll both have a doubly good day."

She can break water and you'll both have a doubly good day??? What is he thinking?!? :D Anyone else have some quotes?

mini-rock
09-14-2002, 11:02 PM
I don't have an exact quote, but I like how he uses the word "WE" anytime he refers to the OT. Like he was there, and had his hand in it the whole time.:rolleyes:

Pendo
09-15-2002, 06:01 AM
"Duuuuude" :D

or how about his comment on Padmé in Return of the Jedi :D

No. There would be no reason to do that.

... unless maybe we could find that metal bikini! ;)

OK that's the best I can come up with. Most of his comments I find more annoying than funny.

PENDO!

scruffziller
09-15-2002, 06:06 PM
"But it was really a great deal of fun to dooooooooooo..............."

Darth Sidious
09-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
"But it was really a great deal of fun to dooooooooooo..............."

Was that in an online interview? If so, did he type it like that? If it was in real life, did he just stretch out the word "Do"? That is funny as Hell...Rick McCallum is awesome! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-15-2002, 06:55 PM
Ricky McC scares me!

Darth Sidious
09-15-2002, 07:37 PM
Yes, he is very frightening. But I think he is awesome! From what I hear he's a really great guy who loves fans, and he is a wonderful producer, and Star Wars might not be the same without him. The fact that he says funny stuff is great too. Reading his hilarious quotes always makes me feel better. So what if he's a YES man? He's a damn cool YES man. Who else agrees?

Emperor Howdy
09-16-2002, 01:44 AM
:zzz: .......................

JEDIpartner
09-16-2002, 10:01 AM
I think there was a recent quote in INSIDER: "There is a gentleness about a STAR WARS geek that is totally sublime." What the fezzek is THAT supposed to mean????

bigbarada
09-16-2002, 01:34 PM
The 'licking the envelope" quote probably tops my list of stupid sayings.

The one quote though that made me realize what a faker he is, was in reference to the 2000 rerelease of the OT with the Ep2 preview. When asked about the preview itself, Rick said, "I haven't seen it, but the fans will love it.":stupid: What a loser.:rolleyes:

"Star Wars might not be the same without him," as Darth Sidious said above. I agree that the Prequels wouldn't be the same without him, but many here would consider that a good thing.;) Ol' Ricky had nothing to do with the pre-SE versions of the Original Trilogy, he didn't start working for GL until the Young Indiana Jones series in the late 80s.

scruffziller
09-16-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious

Was that in an online interview? If so, did he type it like that? If it was in real life, did he just stretch out the word "Do"? That is funny as Hell...Rick McCallum is awesome! :D

It was in real life!:D It is on the commentary of the SE of a ANH!!
When he is talking about how they improved the look of the X-Wings and "you could see the pilots' heads moving" he says that line, then it shows the new footage of the Death Star blowing up with the shock wave!!:D IT'S FOONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Sidious
09-16-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I think there was a recent quote in INSIDER: "There is a gentleness about a STAR WARS geek that is totally sublime." What the fezzek is THAT supposed to mean????

Well...yes...that is rather moronic, but I did say he was frightening, too. :D But other than that and a few other things he is ok, in my opinion. And I kind of like the SE. Some of the scenes were real improvements.

JEDIpartner
09-17-2002, 09:49 AM
Geee.... I'm "genltle" :evil: