PDA

View Full Version : Important notice about saved Private Messages

JediTricks
09-15-2002, 09:21 PM
On Tuesday, Sept 17th, the private message system will allow a maximum of 50 saved messages. If your account has more than 50 messages in it, you will need to make room in your PM box before you can receive new messages.

Thank you.

Beast
09-15-2002, 09:29 PM
What the heck is the deal? Sir Steve upgraded to a new server so that the forums would run faster and now you guys are gonna cut our PM box capacity by half? I can understand if it was a massive memory hog, but it can't be any worse then some of the smaller forums capacity wise. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SirSteve
09-15-2002, 09:47 PM
100 PM's or Enable Who's Online? Why do you need 100 PM's for anyway? Copy/Paste it and send it to yourself via e-mail if you need to...

Beast
09-15-2002, 09:53 PM
I'm sure your mods that sign on to about 10-15 a day will enjoy not getting those PM's that are important. Or is this a regular user only thing. Either way it's going to hurt the forums when those PM's to moderators about abuse or sweraring on the forums pop back as "undeliverable" because the users PM box is full. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SirSteve
09-15-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I'm sure your mods that sign on to about 10-15 a day will enjoy not getting those PM's that are important. Or is this a regular user only thing. Either way it's going to hurt the forums when those PM's to moderators about abuse or sweraring on the forums pop back as "undeliverable" because the users PM box is full. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Then they send via e-mail. ;)

JediTricks
09-15-2002, 10:02 PM
The PM system works the same for mods as it does for everybody else. I just cleared out 40 PMs from my box that I should have gotten rid of at least a month ago. 100 or 50, they're both just numbers to me that indicate a limit I have to keep an eye on lest I end up wasting my PM box with nonsense from 3 months prior.

As for the issue of reporting to the mods, please use the "REPORT POST" system whenever possible. Some mods don't even accept PMs anymore. Heck, as Super Moderator, I moderate every section of these forums and only get around 3 to 5 PMs a day at most (it's the replies that getcha).

2-1B
09-15-2002, 10:55 PM
Any update on the "saved" PM feature? :)

SirSteve
09-16-2002, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Any update on the "saved" PM feature? :)

Try it and let me know...

JediTricks
09-16-2002, 02:08 PM
Still not saving outgoing PMs. I've totally written this off and just expect it to work properly in the forums update. :D

Darth Sidious
09-16-2002, 07:36 PM
Well, thank you for telling us. I'm glad I will know to delete tham if I get too many, although I don't think I'll have to worry about getting 50. I'd rather have the who's online list. :) I don't have a problem with the 50 thing.

Jedi_Bates
10-10-2002, 09:49 PM
There's really no reason you'd ever need more than 50 PMs personaly i wouldnt mind if we had a limit to 15 or so.

mini-rock
10-11-2002, 02:35 AM
Exactly. I delete every PM I read right after I read and/or reply to it. Hard to believe it could get up to 50 really.

JediTricks
10-11-2002, 03:51 AM
In the past week, I've had 5 different PMs not make it to their destinations because of PM box overages, 2 of which were mods. :D