PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Saga Figures At Starwars.com!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Trymybestus
09-17-2002, 04:53 PM
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/09/news20020917.html click that!
OMG these figures look sooooo good, a much improved Padme Amidala and a cool new Dooku (not as good as the first Dooku though!)... it also mentions a new Anakin which I'm looking forward to, as far as Mace is concerned.. I think some people might be dissappointed.
The Padme Amidala looks to be the best of this line, the Obi Wan is cool too, he's got a lightsaber and some cool accessories.
Ahhhh roll on 2003 :)
I've attached the new Obi-Wan Kenobi, Acklay Battle

Darth Trymybestus
09-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Darth Tyranus, Geonosian Escape :)

Darth Trymybestus
09-17-2002, 04:56 PM
Padmé Amidala, Droid Factory Chase :)

Darth Trymybestus
09-17-2002, 04:58 PM
Tusken Raider, Tatooine Camp Ambush :)

Beast
09-17-2002, 05:05 PM
Following those (plus one to-be-announced addition), figures are planned of Anakin Skywalker, Boba Fett, R2-D2, Lama Su, Aayla Secura and Barriss Offee. Stay tuned for preview photos of this wave.

Looks like those early rumors from Rebelscum are totally true. The one to-be-announced addition should be the Jedi Analysis Droids 2-pack then that was also rumored. I like them all, though I was hoping for a less action posed version of Obi. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
09-17-2002, 05:05 PM
Mace Windu, Arena Confrontation :)

Darth Trymybestus
09-17-2002, 05:10 PM
yeah, I must admit... I was skeptical about Rebelscum when I saw Anakin Skywalker Wedding Scene but I'm glad the rumours are true.
I'm glad Obi Wan has a lightsaber, I remember people were hoping he would have one.
I don't think the new Tyranus is as good as Dooku - Dark Lord and the Mace Windu isn't the best but it's a definite improvement on Geonosian Rescue.
Padme Amidala looks fantastic, it's so much better than Arena battle Padme, I'll definitely be getting this one to go with the Wedding scene Anakin.. it could be in the droid factory diorama if the new Anakin has a cloak.
Which of these new figures are you most anticipating???

rherk
09-17-2002, 05:12 PM
Ok, so the sculpts look better woopie doo. They still have those ridiculous preposed, scene specific look and who needs all the added accesories? I really wish they would do things like they did during POTJ. Simple, accurate sculpts. If a figure can't fit in a 3x5 bag it is way too posed.

Battle Droid
09-17-2002, 05:14 PM
What is that thing on Windu's back?

Beast
09-17-2002, 05:24 PM
The new Tyrannus is above and beyond better then the Count Dooku figure. As far as I can tell he appears to have some decent articulation, as well as having a better cape. Mace is good, but I hope the final version the cloak is a bit darker. The arms are a disapoinment though. They appear to be similar to the Nikto Jedi, straight arms with maybe articulated wrists. :(

Padme is wonderful, and I love the fact that her base connects to the Deluxe C-3PO's. I wish her cape wasnt so flowing in the wind, but it's cool. Hopefully it's removable because she only wears it for a short while on Geonosis. Infact I love the idea of bases, hasbro needs to put those with more figures. It sure would be a nice addition, and so far Padme, Aayla and the Tusken are confirmed for bases. :)

Looking forward to the ones we'll see later this week though the most of all. Lama Su, and Bariss Offee especially. Cool job Hasbro, but now turn back the numbers on main charecters and start cranking out those cool supporting aliens like these two. That's what your best at, so play on those strengths for 2003. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-17-2002, 05:27 PM
I like the Tuskens action figure stand, all the figures should come with one.

Prince Xizor
09-17-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
What is that thing on Windu's back?

Thats my question. It looks like some action feature :mad:

But otherwise, those are awesome. The Padme one looks like it could be one of the best toys in the line. The Tyranus one is awesome as well, I really like the force lightning.

I hope the Tuskens Head comes off.

As for the other ones, I hope the Anakin is the one with the mechanical arm. And I can't wait for Secura.

And are we sure that the new Boba is the adult Boba or are we just assuming that?

TylerD
09-17-2002, 05:32 PM
I only wish that Hasbro would focus on entirely new figures. Yes, I know that main characters sell the line, but I am tired of hearing that. I can't wait for Lama Su and Bariss Offee...

Beast
09-17-2002, 05:37 PM
Well, the Anakin is listed in the original rumors as being the wedding version, so should have a cloak and mechancial arm. Hopefully a interchangable normal arm as well, so he can be used for other scenes. :)

And the Boba figure was listed as "Boba Fett: Jabba's Palace" so I'm gonna go with the fact that it's the adult version. He's also supposed to have a quick draw feature, hopefully along the lines of the new Jango so the button is hidden. ;) :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stad
09-17-2002, 05:41 PM
HELP!

Someone stabbed Mace in the back with ...something!

Battle Droid
09-17-2002, 05:44 PM
Dooku should've came with his Pilot droid.

El Chuxter
09-17-2002, 05:45 PM
Please. . . no more Mace Windus!! There's a total of three possible figures: TPM (with his old blue saber), AOTC w/ cloak, and AOTC w/o cloak. And we've already got five with a sixth on the way! By Jove, that's too many Maces!!

Battle Droid
09-17-2002, 05:47 PM
I wonder if they'll show pics of the other figures today? I hope so!

Tycho
09-17-2002, 05:48 PM
I like these figures.

Dooku is OK. To me the head sculpt is the biggest improvement.

Mace I'm skeptical of. JarJar said it: the cloak must be dark brown. Maybe that's a proto-type as it's a huge error on Hasbro's part.

Anakin and Padme I haven't seen, as their images weren't posted. I'll check them out on the official site in a minute.

Meanwhile, I wasn't going to buy another Tusken. (not getting the one with the Massif). BUT THIS TUSKEN ROCKS!

I like the base too!

Aayla I saw being made at the SW Celebration. She'll be really good. I've actually held the prototype in Indianapolis while the sculptor was working on it and Amy Allen was checking her alter-ego in action figure form out. (It won her approval and Jan Duursema's - who created Aayla - so what else could we want?)

Oh, and Obi-Wan - though not a figure I wanted (out of all the possible Obi-Wans - is worth the cost!!!

This looks good!

I wanted:

Obi-Wan cloaked - molded hood up, from Kamino
Obi-Wan cloaked - relaxed but hood down, though wet - Kamino
Obi-Wan cloaked -wet and extreme action pose from Kamino fight
Obi-Wan cloaked - Jedi Council, hood down, relaxed pose
Obi-Wan Jedi Duel - wounded in arm and leg by Count Dooku

The Arena battle one is a great figure though. I'm quite surprised.

Battle Droid
09-17-2002, 05:55 PM
They've took the pics down from the official site, wonder why?

Tycho
09-17-2002, 06:00 PM
I never got to see Padme or Anakin!

Beast
09-17-2002, 06:00 PM
I think you'll get your wet look Obi-Wan with the Screen Scenes 2-packs. Since the first rumored figures did turn out to be true, we can expect the rest. Hmm, the page is no longer loading for some reason. :(

I'm curious as to the following line that ends the story. About the 2 new vehicles for next year, and the Classic Wal-Mart exclusive. I know the Wal-Mart thing is the Christmas C-3PO and R2-D2 set. But the 2 new vehicles sounds intresting, so far rumors for next year include quite a few, so I wonder what ones we will see when they are revealed. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
09-17-2002, 06:02 PM
They didn't have a picture of the Anakin up, they said that he'll be up later this week, along with Boba, R2-D2, Lama Su, and Barris Offee. Here is the picture of Padme. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Go here to see Padme,

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=26;t=003140

There was no pic of Anakin.

Battle Droid
09-17-2002, 06:04 PM
Damn, beat me to it Jar Jar! :p

Beast
09-17-2002, 06:08 PM
Faster then a speeding Teek, more powerful then the Death Star's Super Laser.
Always on the forums, It's Super Jar Jar! :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
09-17-2002, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys. All of you. Padme looks awesome!

It seems you could use her sitting in a ship and at the Lars funeral for Shmi Skywalker since her cape could be blowing in the wind there....

Only a Trial (cut scene) would be hard to recreate with this figure (provided they didn't take away her cloak when I'm sure Poggle the Lesser had his minions check them for weapons and put them in handcuffs.

I plan on making a diorama out of that cut scene since it has so many cool characters and hopefully a Poggle the Lesser!

Speaking of which...

Where's

Wat Tambler?
Another Separatist
Banker-Clan Dude?
AOTC Nute Gunray
AOTC Lott Dodd
the Jedi chic, last name Swan
Elan Sleezebaggano
Gran Senator from Malestare
Bail Organna

More Padme's in different outfits, etc...????

This could be a very good year forthcoming -2003, you know.

And they might just take that poll as showing great demand for the Imperial Dignitary and General Reikeen.

Beast
09-17-2002, 06:28 PM
Tycho, she puts the cape on just as they as they get on Geonosis. And I checked the DVD trailer for the trial scene, she doesn't wear the cape for that scene. So it was taken from her, or she left it in her cell. So as long as the cape is removable, she's going to be a great figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-17-2002, 06:31 PM
I wonder if the Tusken's action figure stand will attach to an upcoming Tusken camp playset?

Prince Xizor
09-17-2002, 06:43 PM
Any word on what the unannounced figure might be? (Please be Poggle....)

Beast
09-17-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
Any word on what the unannounced figure might be? (Please be Poggle....)
I posted it back on the first page, if the rumors hold true and going by the list and pictures they showed, so far they have. The yet to be announced figure will be the "Jedi Analysis Droids 2-Pack" from the cut scene on the AOTC's DVD. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Yeah, that link is pretty muc not working (the first post). any help would be hot.!

Beast
09-17-2002, 07:09 PM
Here's the December/January/Febuary list that was posted over at Rebelscum a while back. It shows that those rumored retailer lists were indeed true, and definatly points to the droids being the unnanounced set. :)

New Figures From Hasbro
Jeremy: The following figures have come from Hasbro’s most recent retailers ordering sheet, and are due to come out this

December:
Obi-Wan (Arena Battle) with spear throwing action for fighting the Acklay beast

Mace Windu (Total Control)

Darth Tyranus with Sith lightning

Padme Amidala with soft cloak and articulation, which is presumably one of her dressy outfits

Library Droid 2 Pack (SP-4 & JN-66) who were in a cut scene (as mentioned on the official Star Wars site)

Tusken Raider with a detachable head.

As with all things, nothing is guaranteed but to the best of our knowledge this list is accurate. More news on upcoming figures coming soon.

January's Offerings From Hasbro
Jeremy: Following on from Rebelscum's December release news, here is what you can expect to see in January:

Anakin Skywalker (from Wedding Scene, with mechanical arm and super articulation)

ROTJ Boba Fett (from Jabba's Palace with quick draw action)

Flying R2-D2 (from Geonosian battle droid factory)

Deluxe Force Power Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino)

Deluxe Flying Jango Fett (Kamino)

Speeder assortment (Owen's Swoop and Dooku's Speeder?)

Scene Selection (Commtech Luke and Han Stormtroopers, Obi-Wan and Jango Fett Kamino Battle)

As before, this list is accurate to the best of our knowledge. More news on upcoming figures coming soon.

More Hasbro Release News
Jeremy: It's only a small list this time. For more release news check out our December and January release posts.

February Figures:

Lama Su & Clone Boy

Aayla Secura with Super Articulation

Bariss Offee (Jedi Master)

March Deluxe:

Commerce Guild Spider Droid

Super Battle Droid Builder

Others:

Action Fleet Assortment - Wave 1 December, Wave 2 March

Unleashed Assortment - Wave 1 December, Wave 2 March

12" Figure Assortment - Wave 1 December, Wave 2 March

Remember, while these have come from a reliable source there is no guarantee that they are entirely official until Hasbro releases news of the toys themselves.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Old Fossil
09-17-2002, 07:27 PM
Agreed, Tycho: the Tusken rocks! I will buy several of these to add to my Jundland Wastes Encounter display.

AmanaMatt
09-17-2002, 07:40 PM
Overall, the figures look quite good to me, with Mace being the one exception: too pre-posed and what's with the French Tickler coming out of his back?

Padme look to be the biggest improvement over previous Ep II versions of her, especially the first. The articulation looks to allow a 'static' pose on her as well, whcich is a good thing.

Tusken Raider - wow! I have always loved these characters and really felt that the Ep I one (now coming with Massiff) was the first real decent Tusken that Hasbros done- especially the head sculpt - but really wanted a classic New Hope version and this seems to be real close, even though based on Ep II, this dude has a real reto look, whcih is a good thing. If his head comes off, I'll take that as an apology for Hasbro reselling the Ep I one (now shipping with Massiff). The articulation in the arms and wrists looks to allow this one to be able to hold the gaffederi stick above his head (in is hands) properly.

Overall, quite cool. Already seems like Hasbro is getting back to the decent sculpts again.

The further we get away from a released Star Wars movie, the more attention to detail Hasbro seems to put into their figures.

bigbarada
09-17-2002, 08:09 PM
What the heck is that bubble on Mace's back????

Primal Scream Padme???:mad:

Obi-Wan is another useless, scene-specific, pre-posed piece of crap.

These suck.:(

Master ToNone
09-17-2002, 08:10 PM
Tyrannus looks like J. Peterman from Seinfeld. The description on the back of the blister card should be great ..."a long flowing robe to distinguish a sith lord in a business meeting or a duel. A classic cut brown pant that says Facism with a lightsaber to add the exclamation."...

Mace better be a prototype. The tan robe is unconsionable and WILL have to be improved. I am sure it will.

Padme on the other hand, along with Mr. Sandman, look like impressive improvements, especially coming with a base.

Why do the show Obi-Wan such little respect? He uncovered the helped reveal the sith...and defeated one, he discovered the clone army and the seperatists, became a general, wiped whining Anakin into a tough guy...albeit dark, saved Luke and led him to Yoda. All this and he looks like he belongs on Gilligan's Island. He deserves better.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Battle Droid
09-17-2002, 08:13 PM
I don't remeber Padme having a gun in the Battle Droid factory...

Beast
09-17-2002, 08:18 PM
Battle Droid, they have to give her a weapon of some kind. She does have a holster on the side of her belt for her little Naboo blaster pistol. She never uses it in the movie, but it is there. Besides, if you recall back a while ago. People usually complain if they never give the figures a weapon. Remeber Luke: X-Wing Pilot (POTJ) and Darth Vader (Commtech). :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
09-17-2002, 08:24 PM
great..mace has another moronic face sculpt...better than poopy paints GR mace, but almost the same as deluxe mace...the others are great! my thread will probably get merged into this one...sorry about that guys!
h

Battle Droid
09-17-2002, 08:26 PM
Yeah but now it's easier on Padme, she can shoot that Geonosian before it pushes her in the Ore bucket. :p

Rogue II
09-17-2002, 08:31 PM
I like the Tusken Raider. I hope the the stand becomes standard among figures....well at least some.

Beast
09-17-2002, 08:35 PM
I agree Rogue II. Can you imagine the stand that they could do for Lama Su. A small section of the Kamino floor, with a clear post, that the chairs that desend from the ceiling in the Prime Minister's Office. That would kick-arse, especially since it wouldn't be two hard to give Lama Su extra articulation and a soft goods skirt so he can sit. Then do one of Obi-Wan like that as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Figureman2
09-17-2002, 08:43 PM
Overall, I'm pleased with the pictures.

Padmé is a much-needed improvement, and I can deal with the cape sculpt.

Tyranus looks OK, and hopefully, now he'll have enough articulation to pull some fancy lightsaber moves (since his fighting style is only one-handed I don't really care if he can't hold his saber with two hands).

Obi-Wan... well... I just don't know. We still just really need a regular old Obi-Wa that can hold a lightsaber with both hands and an Obi-Wan with a scuplted cloak and sash instead of just a soft one. However, the likenesses are getting better, so that's a plus.

Tusken... eh... I've never been a big Tusken collector, but this one looks OK. I could see myself picking it up at some point. Maybe.

Mace... oh god no... what have they done? Mace was such a great character in Episode II and we still have yet to have a decent representation of him. Genonesian Rescue, while a decent pose, can't hold the lightsaber well with both hands and the face, of course, looks strange at best... although not terrible for certain scenes... VERY sepcific scenes. Anyway, I'm glad he can hold the lightsaber with both hands, and if they fix the thingy on the back and paint the cloak brown, this could turn out to be a great figure. As of now, I'd be a little hesitant to pick it up.

Overall, what we really need is:

Less magnets, more pegs. Pegs hold stuff MUCH better than magnets, and they look about the same.

Figures that can hold lightsabers with both hands. It's not a really hard thing to do... just look at Bespin Luke. Wonderful figure; he can easily hold his lightsaber with either hand and look great or with both hands and look even better. Is this really so hard to do?

No more action features! When I played with my figures, I never cared about action features; not like I ever used them anyway. Action features should be reserved for Deluxe Figures. They have their place, but not in the regular line.

These aren't such huge requests... there have been some great Saga hits, but mostly misses, I'd say. Just do a general throwback to POTF2 and POTJ with less action features, more neutral poses, and more articulation in useful places, and we should be fine.

Battle Droid
09-17-2002, 08:50 PM
I hope Tyranus isn't as hard to find as Dooku is, which I still can't find.

rherk
09-17-2002, 09:32 PM
Please, no more stands. These are big a gaudy. For the love a... just give us nice figures with the appropriate accessory.

bigbarada
09-17-2002, 09:41 PM
I actually like the stands. Great idea, I just wish every figure came with a unique stand.

Tycho
09-17-2002, 09:57 PM
I think the Tusken Raider is drawn from ANH. I do not recall any Raider striking that pose in AOTC. Though the display base is from Episode 2 and it may have a detachable head - a feature inspired by E2. So I think Hasbro made it to cater to both movie fans. It is an excellent sculpt. I myself will be getting this figure and posing it with an extra Luke I own, at last doing the scene from his desert adventure in ANH.

Now, To JARJARs lists...

I think the Padme w. soft cloak is the one we are seeing, except they decided not to make the cloak soft, (they always make changes) or better yet, they decided to also include a soft-goods cloak for her, so WE could decide which ever we preferred. The definitive Padme!

BEST CASE SCENERIO: JarJar's info is right on, and there is a second Padme figure in an unproduced outfit in the works! Oh I hope so!!!

Mace's Total Control might be that stupid feature sticking out of his back. It may be a "remote control" where instead of just one action feature, you can use the knob, and push it in and pull it out, move it up and shake it all about and basically make him do a lot of different things, all resembling different attacks of epilepsy. I like my action feature on my Dooku (as of playing with him today), so this may not be as bad as we all predict it will be. But I think I'll stick with the pessimism until there's a reason to recant on this one.

I've been looking forward to a Dooku with lightning for a while now. It's not as good as I hoped - something as nice as the Unleashed looks, but it's at least a different or articulated pose.

The Deluxe Force Power Obi-Wan Kenobi from Kamino has me scared a little bit. While I want this particular sculpt of him, I was envisioning a figure ready for action similar to the way they did Eeth Koth.

We really don't need another Jango Fett, do we? I'm going to have extras if I replace ones that I bought for these scenes with any new products... How we flys *might* be interesting. But I've yet to be impressed with the Geonosian. I just like the piece you add to the playset and the fact that the figure actually comes with a sonic blaster.

The Obi-Wan v. Jango cinema scene might be much better - like the Tatooine Jedi Duel from Episode One. That was a nice CS pack. But the idea is to get new characters never made before... Here we go with the Resculpts... Only thing is, you do NOT see Obi-Wan warming the pegs around here.

Bariss is not a Jedi Master. She's Luminara's padawan. I believe she DID die in the Arena Battle, while Luminara may not have. Not sure...

The Clone Boy will be another Boba Fett figure. Maybe with the learning head set, but at least we'll get a real figure with Lana Su, unlike Taun We, which while nice, is a glorified "bendy."

What the heck is the Super Battle Droid Builder? Sounds like the old Droid Factory Playset. However, it could be like the assembly line toys they are already showing. Only I don't recall seeing the Super Battle Droids being made in the movie. I'm not sure, but I only half believe they were manufactured on Geonosis.

The Spider Droid will be sweet!

Who are in the next Unleashed Assortments? The December and March releases are AFTER Dooku and Mace. If it's 3-6 figures it will have to include Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Boba, Lando or Yoda, and Palpatine - if they stick to main characters. How cool will that be?!!! YeaH!

I hope they'll do more Playskool stuff too!

And the 12" waves?

Are these after the Bounty Hunters? (Imp, Zuckuss, Dengar)

So that will be (Leia Boussh, and ??? and ???)

and then (Anakin, Padme, Geonosian)

Right?

Well, who? Who? Who? I'm an Owl. Who? Who? Who?

Thunderstorm1
09-17-2002, 10:34 PM
I think they all look great. I can't wait till they are released. (Of course I like all the figures no matter what kind of goofy gimmics they may have)

thespar
09-17-2002, 10:38 PM
man that thing stick out of mace back it one of the things that no only make the open collector mad but also the carded collector.

Battle Droid
09-17-2002, 11:00 PM
Only I don't recall seeing the Super Battle Droids being made in the movie. I'm not sure, but I only half believe they were manufactured on Geonosis.

I believe that was part of a SBD that Anakin got his arm caught under.

corporal AMF
09-18-2002, 12:03 AM
This really makes me want to put my faith on Hasblo again.............2003 will be a collector year finally.....
Hope to see the other figures anounced somewhere......!!!

GOOD NEWS:::::::::::::::::::: :D :D :D

JediTricks
09-18-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by rherk
Ok, so the sculpts look better woopie doo. They still have those ridiculous preposed, scene specific look and who needs all the added accesories? I really wish they would do things like they did during POTJ. Simple, accurate sculpts. If a figure can't fit in a 3x5 bag it is way too posed. Yeah, I totally agree. At first I thought that the only one that maked it out of these shots with any dignity was Padme, but now that I look closer and notice she has an open mouth & a preposed cape that may not even be removable, she fits in perfectly with this "Preposed Five". :frus:

I have no problem with resculpts, just not whole waves of 'em that are all preposed and/or gimmickmasters. These figures fit in perfectly with the SAGA line for me, more preposed Ep 2 junk I'm probably not gonna buy. I'm pretty disappointed with this selection and in the company continuously pumping this stuff out, Star Wars deserves better and we who love & collect it deserve better.

LTBasker
09-18-2002, 01:58 AM
Obi-Wan - Actually from these shots even with the spear-chucking gimmick he's the best of the five considering it looks like they plan on giving him articulation to be able to be cuffed and his hands secured on the hook of the pillar. One thing that would make this figure great is if the "spear throwing" action turned out to be it being articulation to be able to be posed in a spear-throwing pose.

Padme - I was hoping she'd be a nicely articulation neutral pre-torn, and while she's pre-torn, it looks like she can never be neutral unless you head-swap and remove the cape. Only good part about the figure looks like she'll have no V-crotch and will be able to stand neutral even if she looks horrid like that. I wish her arms were articulated to bend though. The stand isn't bad though, since it appears to be able to connect to the Deluxe 3PO coveyor belt.

Mace - Hopefully whatever it is on his back won't come with the figure, but it looks like it could lead to a gimmick like maybe it's just a proto version until they design a regular lever. Still though, the cloak is horrid and I hope they fix that, but it looks like they took a good figure opportunity and flushed it just like with Padme.

Dooku - Basically a non-gimmicky (hopefully) version of 4/23 Dooku, although that's highly understandable since it's the only version of him, he's much too buff and too young looking. Hopefully this time the blade will be removeable.

Tusken - The cloak looks bad, but hopefully they'll fix that. Also I hope they give him enough articulation to be able to hold his gaffi stick like that with two hands instead of the end going into his other palm. Also I don't like the "stand" thing much, the fire ring is much too small making it look highly unrealistic. (Plus with the plastic cloak and such, he'll look pretty silly standing beside a tiny fire)

I think they just threw in the stands cause they didn't want fans getting onto them about the Tusken and Padme only coming with one weapon. I really hope they don't start adding stands like that as a norm cause I'd rather have small clear stands that would look ok in changing dioramas and such.

jedihunter25
09-18-2002, 02:23 AM
Some of these are OK but I'm not too impressed. Padme is really cool and I'll buy the others except Mace. It's another battle pose with what it looks like- a robe. He lost his robe due to Jango burning before he started battling. What a waste of a fig. Hasbro needs to work on other characters like Poggle and Wat Tabor and chill out a little less on main characters that are in the same outfit but with a drifferent pose and stupid look on thier face.

2-1B
09-18-2002, 02:24 AM
Obi-Wan - what a disappointment. Looks just as clumsy as the pilot and coruscant versions I bought. :(

Dooku - meh, just a resculpt that I won't buy.

Mace - :dead: I still haven't bought a Mace figure since the carded TPM version. :dead: Won't buy one this wave either. ;)

Tusken - what the hell is up with the "Jar Jar Senator legs" ? Yuck !

Padme - Well, I'm on the fence with her, maybe she'll be cool.
I definitely don't like the yelling face . . . oh well. :rolleyes:

What a pathetic group of figures, Hasbro should be ashamed of themselves. :mad:

Where can I find pics of Wedding Padme and Wedding Anners? I'm quite likely to buy those. :)

Beast
09-18-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Where can I find pics of Wedding Padme and Wedding Anners? I'm quite likely to buy those. :)
No pictures of wedding Anakin yet, that was listed in the article on StarWars.com to be revealed later this week along with the others I mentioned in my post on the first page. Wedding Padme hasn't even been rumored yet. But it would be silly if they didn't do one.

Sadly now that StarWars.com has pulled the entire page, I wonder if we will still actually see those figures. I'm drooling for a look at Barriss Offee and Lama Su. They should be excellent figures. I have high hopes for the others as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

maulreborn
09-18-2002, 02:39 AM
Im very tired of seeing how Hasbro release the same characteres again, and again, and again. I have a large collection of Star Wars Hasbro figures (since 1995) and Im considerating to close my collection now. I want to see new characters never before released , or re-release of bad sculpted figures (e.g.: Luke Dagobah). Please take note Hasbro!!

Jargo
09-18-2002, 04:18 AM
Galactichunter posted this list recently which adds more stuff to the rumour lists but adds grit to the mix too:

The 2003 Rumor List
9/17/2002 - Reported by Mike

Basic Figures:
Anakin Skywalker with mechanical arm and super articulation
Flying R2-D2
Han Solo Hoth
Chewbacca Hoth
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight (ROTJ)
Darth Vader (ROTJ)
Padme Amidala Wedding Gown
Yoda with Jedi Child
Jedi Youngling 2-pack
Coleman Trebor
Wat Tambor
Aayla Secura
Yoda (Clone Wars)
Kit Fisto (Clone Wars)
Boba Fett with Quick Draw Action (ROTJ)
Jocasta Nu and Droid 2 Pack
Bail Organa
Snowtrooper
Lama Su

Misc:
C-3PO and R2-D2 Holiday Set with base and Christmas Card (Fan Club)
Screen Scene Luke and Leia (Trash Compactor)
Screen Scene Han Solo and Chewbacca (Trash Compactor)
Deluxe
Battle Droid 3 Pack (Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid)
Spider Droid (AOTC)

Vehicles:
Tank Droid (AOTC)
Anakin Skywalker with Speederbike
Count Dooku with Speederbike
Sandcrawler
Slave I (ESB deco)
TIE Bomber in Refresh Saga Packaging

wonder how accurate wunderkind Mike's list will prove to be. :)

Sinister Lord
09-18-2002, 07:02 AM
I like the new "un-ripped" Padme. And I probably will get the new Tusken Raider, I can never get enough of those. The rest I will probably pass on, they seem redundant of figures I already have.

Rogue II
09-18-2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
[B]I think the Tusken Raider is drawn from ANH. I do not recall any Raider striking that pose in AOTC. Though the display base is from Episode 2 and it may have a detachable head - a feature inspired by E2. So I think Hasbro made it to cater to both movie fans. It is an excellent sculpt. I myself will be getting this figure and posing it with an extra Luke I own, at last doing the scene from his desert adventure in ANH.

Exactly what I was thinking. It would be a nice scene with the POTF2 1 armed C-3PO.

I was just thinking. Luke got beat down 5 times between ANH and ESB...Tusken Raider, Dr. Evazan, Dianoga, Wampa, and Vader. No wonder he is so whiney.

187-Maul
09-18-2002, 07:12 AM
looks like hasbro is finally putting some more detail in their figures...

I don't really like Obi-Wan, his head is good but I don't like the stance so I won't buy him (I want a hangar duel version!!!)

the tusken raider is ok but I don't need him so I won't buy him either

Mace windo loos cool, except for that hube something coming out if his back
I'll probably buy him and remove his cloak so I can use him in the Arena

padme is ok but I hope that you can somehow remove her cloak so she can be used in the arena too

dooku looks pretty good, I hope he can hold his saber in two hands with that articulation but his face isn't that good IMO
he looks absolutely nothing like Christopher lee, much too "comic-characterish"

overall the figs are ok but could have been way better IMO

aikman
09-18-2002, 08:32 AM
Wow new figures cool, oh , wait a second, we already have these figures

The Overlord Returns
09-18-2002, 09:04 AM
Hmmm....

On the whole I like these figures.

Obi Wan seems the best of the versions made to date. I'm glad I didn't buy the other 2. For me, as long as he can have a sort of cool pose with a lightsaber, he can stand next to TA anakin for a hangar duel type scene.

Dooku/ Tyrannus: I like him a lot. Seems they went ahead and miniaturized the unleashed version, as the face looks exactly the same. Nice force lightning. I just hope he can stand when it's attached. Good for a hangar duel scene as well.

Tusken: Always been a fan of the RAIDERS, and I really think this will be a nice figure. I imagine his head pops off, and that's just great !

Mace: Well, first off, I'm sure the cape will be properly painted come release time. I am hoping that the arms can somehow create the "This party's over" stance, as that's all I really want a Mace Windu to do. Best scene/ line in a star wars film EVER.

Padme: What I like is the detail of the sculpt. She clearly can be posed "non running" and this is good. Sure, the face is a wee bit "angry"...I can forgive that.

so...I think I may just end up buying the lot.....good job hasbro.

Sinister Lord
09-18-2002, 09:04 AM
LOL... :D

Yeah, exactly, aikman ... we already have em.

Hasbro, get a clue!

droidekas2
09-18-2002, 09:49 AM
What a waste of design time, plastic, and money.

Another 5 action figures I wont have to buy. Yeah.

Attack of the Resculpts and the nearing death of a tremendous toy line.
I can remeber how I would buy entire waves of newly released action figures. Now, more and more it seems, I pass on entire waves of action figures.

patchiswelsh
09-18-2002, 10:15 AM
Wow
Anyone got a link for Padmé

Are we gonna see pics of aayla secura this week???

corporal AMF
09-18-2002, 10:28 AM
For Padme there's an easy solution............just go and find those pegwarmers buffy padme ans swap the head.......maybe if you find enough coruscant padme, yo might wnat to buy one and put her head on the new padme and we'll have a cool looking padme!

corporal AMF
09-18-2002, 10:30 AM
hey patchiswelsh, here goes a link to padme:

patchiswelsh
09-18-2002, 10:57 AM
cheers mate, so yeah do you think we will see pics of another wave e.g AAYLA SECURA in this week???

Jayspawn
09-18-2002, 11:03 AM
All in all, I like the figures. Here's my thoughts...

Obi-Wan: Looks ok. The pillar looks to be the one that came with the 1st Padme. The pillars should be a LOT bigger. The spear accessory is neat, at least it's not stuck to his hand. ANd he comes with a lightsaber so we should be able to finally have a neutral posed Obi-Wan.

Count Dooku/Tyranus: I'm a Christopher Lee fan. SO I'm stoked! I think it looks great!

Padme: Wow! I'm a big Natalie fan (Hehe). It seems this Padme has a neutral pose along with a great sculpt. Finally!

Mace Windu: He looks ok. A lor better head sculpt than the last Mace. I hope the robe is dark brown in the final version as it should be. But what is up with that thing in his back? Did Dooku stab him with something? Who knows.

Tusken Raider: COOL! I'm a huge fan of the Tuskens. He's posable, detailed, and he's got his stick and a neato base. He'll look great w/ my Tusken Raider clan. Great army builder.

amidalak
09-18-2002, 11:40 AM
Is it just me or does Obi Wan look like he is trying to pinch a dump off? Three Obi Wan's from AOTC and not a good one in the punch-I want action figures, Hasbro, not statues!

JangoFart
09-18-2002, 12:27 PM
There must be some kind of illness which strikes Hasbro employees when designing as Tusken. The arms and hands of this one are as lame as all the others. (Anyone remember the fused-closed hand?)

Obi-Wan's another lamer.

The others look great.

J

The Overlord Returns
09-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JangoFart
There must be some kind of illness which strikes Hasbro employees when designing as Tusken. The arms and hands of this one are as lame as all the others. (Anyone remember the fused-closed hand?)

Obi-Wan's another lamer.

The others look great.

J

The Tusken appears to have swivel articulation at the elbows, I just don't think they did a very good job of putting the gaffi in his hands. Lazy sobs........

I don't see how anyone thinks either of the Obi's we've been given are better than this one. He's the most neutral looking of the bunch.

Darth Evil
09-18-2002, 01:33 PM
I really like the look of Tyranus, if he can stand while hold the Force Lightning, he'll be great. I, like many others, have been crying out for a new Tyranus.

Lman316
09-18-2002, 02:19 PM
I'm with most here: I'm really not too impressed with these. Once the "excitement" of seeing new figures went away I realized these aren't so great.
The only ones that I might get would be: Tyranus and the Tusken, and like others, I don't know about the Padme.
I'm only buying Tyranus because I'm a huge fan of that character, and this one looks decent. I can see articulation breaks in the arms, so hopefully, he'll be able to grab the lightsaber with two hands this time. I'm also thinking that this Tyranus figure will come with some kind of interchangeable hands (if this hasn't been mentioned already) because if you notice in the picture, his hand is outstretched, shooting the lightning. So, if I'm right about the arm articulation, and it's supposed to be used for "Jedi Duel", then that hand would have to come off. I'm way too optimistic on that, though.
The Tusken: I want a Camp Ambush diorama, so I want to put as many decent looking figures into it as I can. The POTJ Tusken, this one - I don't want to have to put that crappy POTF2 one in there...
I like the idea of stands/bases too, but I'm wondering if this means they're going to do a price increase to cover the cost. If it doesn't, then I'd like to see more. I think they could do some good things with that.

I don't know, like most other figures, I'll have to wait to see more pictures and to actually see them in person before I make any decisions. I might just buy the Mace to do a custom depending on what the **ll that thing is on his back!

End...

JEDIpartner
09-18-2002, 03:03 PM
Well... at pre-production stage, they seem to have Obi-Wan looking pretty good. I'm not crazy about the pose (especially that left arm... like deluxe Mace's arms), but the figure looks the most "Ewan-like" of the three thus far.

Tyranus is pretty much the same as the Dooku minus the scissor kick feature.

Padme looks great... except- erhm... is her mouth open??? :confused: If it is... I will be needing two of these and another Arena Battle to do a head swap.

Mace... a little better, but there are those "Gomer" teeth again. :rolleyes: Yeah... he's blowing bubbles out of his back!

The Tusken...? I'm well chuffed that we're getting another NEW one of these... and not two recards for the price of one.

Overall.... I like them. But, for godsakes Padders! Close your bloody gob! Are you trying to catch a Geonosian in that thing??? ;)

jedi_uk73
09-18-2002, 03:25 PM
Just more un-needed resculpts of existing figures.

HASBRO !!! Please sort it, NO MORE RESCULPTS :mad:

hango fett
09-18-2002, 03:39 PM
nice padme'....could have been done without the "gggrrrr!" face, but hasbro is hasbro....all in all...a decent wave with the possible exception of mace...
h

Jargo
09-18-2002, 03:47 PM
Obi looks like a bewildered garage attendant Maurice Gibb look-a-like. Seriously dopey looking.
Padme's sculpt is pretty sweet but as many have said her face is crap. Change the mouth and it's perfect.

Tyranus doesn't appear to be any different to the one we have other than a lack of gimmick and a cloak that appears to be permanently attached. Oh, and another face that isn't Chris Lee's.
Who is this old guy Hasbro keeps sculpting? It's no-one I've ever seen in a star wars movie.
mace is okay if you like that sort of thing. Another useless preposed figure. Clockwork too by the looks of that key in his back.
The Tusken rocks big time though. I cannot wait for this one. I like the campfire base and I like his sculpt. Articulated elbows and wrists, possible removable head, outer cloak, wider attack stance, a stance that is needed in the Tuskens since they spend a large proportion of their screen time attacking things or waving gaffi sticks around in an aggresive fashion. I'll be buying plenty of the tusken - well, two or three anyways. :)

Over all I'm not impressed with resculpt city so far. When we cry out for background characters all we get is almost a whole wave of core character resculpts. They might at least split this lot up across a few waves and get some of the more interesting new sculpts out instead. Or if they had to do a resculpt they might at least have redone the basic all white clonetrooper in a fairly neutral pose so we could continue to build the army.

I'll probably buy Padme and do a head swap with arena padme. I'll definately buy the tusken. The others I'll have to see in person before deciding. The gimmicks scare me off though. I really don't want to think about how crap the spear flinging action will be on the Obi figure or what grizzly fiendish plans they have for poor Mace.........

Rogue II
09-18-2002, 03:47 PM
Well, this is the first new Tusken Raider sculpt since the POTJ line. The Tusken Raider w/ Massif is just the POTJ Tusken Sniper.
He is also an somewhat of an "army builder" so he will fit in well.

I didn't even really look at the rest of the pictures, so I have no comment on them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-18-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

Mace... a little better, but there are those "Gomer" teeth again. :rolleyes: Yeah... he's blowing bubbles out of his back!
You soooooooooooo stole that from my reply to the post dedicated to Mace's hunchback!!! grrrrrrrrrr!!! :D

Sidiously Darth
09-18-2002, 04:58 PM
First we had B!#@h-Slap Windu. Now we have the new and improved windup Mace "The Impaler" Windu.

I can just see it now. You turn the nob on his back and he teeters from side to side. This simulates walking and then he jams his saber into the future Concept Stormie with built-in saber wound. This actually was self inflicted b/c he doesn't have the force or knowledge to wield such an elegant weapon.:D

Turbowars
09-18-2002, 06:31 PM
Man I thought we were going to get something good! Instead we get crap. The way things are going, these figs wont be out until after X-Mas. Well at least the Gunship is cool.

Beretta M92F
09-18-2002, 06:56 PM
What's likely to happen, of course, is that I'll find figures from this wave before I find those from the wave encompassing Ki-Adi through Lott Dod, which I can't find anywhere. Nothing after the first 40.

hango fett
09-18-2002, 07:17 PM
that just doesn't sound right, beretta.....i mean, your stores should have had them in a long time ago! maybe you could use some of my luck! well, i have luck at the moment with everything but the 3 3/4" figs...
h

Mike Troxell
09-18-2002, 07:22 PM
Ah. I like 'em all. But then again, I bought Outland Peasant Disguise Anakin.

Windu is classy. Except for the lack of a good pose, I liked the last one (primal scream and all). This one has a normal pose. Me likey. The action feature. It's called Total Control. I envision maybe that being something like a steering wheel, and both arms may move up, down and side to side as if they're weilding the saber. If so, cool, if not, I'm sure it won't be too bad anyway.

I'm glad they darkened the hair on Obi-Wan. The bleach blonde Obi-Wans from before just won't do. Great accessories.

Dooku...well, I'll hold judgement until I can see the face, articulation, and whether the blade comes off. The picture is much too small.

Good gravy, Padme is going to be great.

Tusken Raider...looks like articulated wrists, articulated forearms, new gaderffii stick, and a STAND! Woohoo! The head must come off. Decent.

I don't understand the complaints about the guns and stands. They have guns and stands! If you think they'll ruin your display, don't use them! For those of us who like value for our $5 instead of wasting our money, the stands are gorgeous. If you think the color will ruin your diarama, buy a Real Stand for cheap. It ain't rocket science.

Geonosian
09-18-2002, 07:45 PM
THE NEW FIGURES ARE AWESOME!!!
I really love the stands. Maybe all of 2003 figures will have stands. The new Anakin, are we sure its from the wedding? I might be like the new Padme, from the chase. Also Lama Su should be great!

I wonder when we will see thease.:)

mylow thehutt
09-18-2002, 08:00 PM
Very nice! I like every thing excet for Mace's Spinwheal on his back.can't wait to see Barriss also I heard Hasbro is doing an Oppo Ransis fig:)

Beast
09-18-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Geonosian
The new Anakin, are we sure its from the wedding? I might be like the new Padme, from the chase. I wonder when we will see thease.:)
Yes, the original rumors place him from the wedding, because he's supposed to have the robotic forearm. Rumors suggest that he'll also have a interchangable regular foearm. And he should finally come with a cloak. StarWars.com said we would see them later this week, but they pulled the page shortly after it went up so who knows when they will show them now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-18-2002, 09:40 PM
I still want an Anakin with "whiny pouting action." Maybe like him stopping his foot or wailing his arms around.

Darth Trymybestus
09-19-2002, 10:52 AM
I've just found this on www.starwars.hasbro.com

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=80

2003 PREVIEW WEEK – COLLECTION 1 BASIC FIGURES
Sep 19, 2002
SEE IMAGES OF WAVE 1 of 2003 PRODUCTS...

We’ve been hard at work developing exciting new products for 2003. And over the course of the next week, we’ll give you a sneak peak at what’s coming. To get started, look for these great new Collection 1 basic figures available in stores in early 2003. Also in ’03 expect to see new Unleashed figures, and Action Fleet vehicles. We’ll be providing details on those products soon, so check back often.

Following is a list of just some of the great figures coming in 2003.

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Acklay Battle, with spear stabbing action! (’03 #1)

Mace Windu, Arena Confrontation, with flexible arms for super realistic lightsaber control! (’03 #2)

Darth Tyranus, Geonosian Escape (’03 #3)

Anakin Skywalker (’03 #7 – Photo Coming Soon!)

Boba Fett (‘03 #8 – Photo Coming Soon!)

R2-D2 (‘03 #9 – Photo Coming Soon!)

Han Solo (’03 #13 – Photo Coming Soon!)

Chewbacca (‘03 #14 – Photo Coming Soon!)
And be sure to check back tomorrow for a sneak peak of some of the Collection 2 Basic Figures for 2003…

Does anyone know what the new Han Solo, the new R2-D2 and the new Chewbacca are?

Beast
09-19-2002, 12:53 PM
Han Solo is the rumored Hoth Gear re-sculpt, most likely. So that makes another rumor true. Chewbacca going by rumors should also be the Hoth version re-sculpt that was on lists for 2003. As for R2-D2, that should be the Geonosian Droid Foundry version, aka as the AOTC's Rocket Booster R2-D2 that Hasbro mentioned at Celebration 2. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
09-19-2002, 02:05 PM
ahhh a Han Hoth resculpt is definitely needed, I'd like one with the hood up, now we just need a Luke Hoth resculpt.
But most of all... we need Emperor Palpatine and Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight :)

Battle Droid
09-19-2002, 02:17 PM
Watch the Chewie be a rehash of POTJ Mechanic Chewie.

RooJay
09-19-2002, 02:42 PM
I was just sitting here pondering what could possibly be meant by "flexible arms for super realistic lightsaber control", when it hit me, and I realized how bad this is probably going to be. By my best estimate, what we can expect to be offered is this - soft plastic (or rubber) arms with curved plastic or metal rods running through the center; turn the round plastic disc stuck to Mace's back and the rods rotate within the soft rubber arms, causing the figure to appear to be waving his lightsaber back and forth in a tight circular pattern. Admittedly, an interesting and amusing action feature, but not one that I think we needed, or, as collectors, even wanted. The wretched action gimmicks continue even into a non-movie year!

The Overlord Returns
09-19-2002, 02:47 PM
I'm going to hazard a guess that it's a ball joint in each shoulder

Jek Porky 2002
09-19-2002, 02:49 PM
I like every single one of these new figures!

I hope that the Hoth Han comes with Luke's Lightsaber!

Darth Trymybestus
09-19-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
I was just sitting here pondering what could possibly be meant by "flexible arms for super realistic lightsaber control", when it hit me, and I realized how bad this is probably going to be. By my best estimate, what we can expect to be offered is this - soft plastic (or rubber) arms with curved plastic or metal rods running through the center; turn the round plastic disc stuck to Mace's back and the rods rotate within the soft rubber arms, causing the figure to appear to be waving his lightsaber back and forth in a tight circular pattern. Admittedly, an interesting and amusing action feature, but not one that I think we needed, or, as collectors, even wanted. The wretched action gimmicks continue even into a non-movie year!

ahhhhhh now that you've mentioned what this gimmick might be.... I think it's to re-enact the scene when the superbattle droids come walking down after Mace confronts Jango and Dooku on the balcony. He swings the lightsaber deflecting the bolts in the way that you described :)

Master Plo- Koon
09-19-2002, 04:11 PM
I personally hope they do make Lamu Su, and that its more than just a rumor, Taun We is ok, but Lamu Su personally I think is a cooler character, and would be even better if they made him have soft goods, and bendable legs as Jar Jar was thinking about. Although Im hoping also that the new Boba Fett with his quick draw, be a figure not like padme, where the arms are stuck, but be more like the new Jango Pilot in that way. Though I still think no Boba Fett is better than the 300th figure with the short version of his cape, (not the other longer variation), for now atleast.

Beast
09-19-2002, 04:24 PM
Lama Su is not a rumor, he was listed on StarWars.com yesterday, until the page was removed. Also listed was Bariss Offee and Aayla Secura. The rumors for Lama Su from early retailer lists say that he's going to come with a Clone Child. Hopefully the child is a retooled Boba Fett and comes with a removable teaching helmet. :)

The paint job on the Boba Fett should be the ROTJ color scheme, hopefully. The quick draw action is all but confirmed by the early lists that included Boba Fett: Jabba's Palace. Hopefully it's done as well as the Jango Fett, like you said. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Master Plo- Koon
09-19-2002, 04:41 PM
I am glad to hear that Lamu Su has been confirmed!!!:)

You are right though, I will be happy if it is a different version and not just Boba Fett ( Kamino Escape) repainted. But with as you said removable Learning helmets. Though I still hope they will make Clones in the Red tunics too.

Darth Trymybestus
09-19-2002, 04:45 PM
I don't know if they can top 300th Boba Fett.. that is the definitive boba and it has no gimmick :)
But I'm hoping it will be awesome but also different to the other boba's that we've had in the past

Master Plo- Koon
09-19-2002, 04:54 PM
Exactly one of the huge, reasons I love the 300th figure Boba Fett, so acurately realistic, no gimmicks, and before that, all of the Boba Fett's were almost all ROTJ color scheme. The 300th changed that, it was an extremely accurate version of his ESB scheme, and my fav, character.

But I am glad they are making a re-sculpt of the ROTJ with the new Saga line.

Beast
09-19-2002, 05:03 PM
The Boba Fett that came w/ IG-88 in the Shadows of the Empire 2-pack used the ESB paint scheme as well. Of course it looks pathetic next to the 300th Boba, but they did have the ESB paint scheme version out before. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
09-19-2002, 05:05 PM
there's a difference between how he looks in Return of the Jedi and The Empire Strikes Back?!
Wow, I never knew that... what are the differences?!
I thought that Boba Fett was Boba Fett and that he wore the same thing in both movies, although the 300th is definitely from The Empire Strikes Back when he's firing at Luke Skywalker :)

Beast
09-19-2002, 05:11 PM
His armor is slightly different between the two movies. The rocket pack and gauntlet colors are the most obvious changes, but his cape is also different. I'll see if I can dig up a comparison picture of the two outfits. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
09-19-2002, 05:13 PM
cool :)
by the way... he's in the A New Hope Special Edition... is he different in that??

Beast
09-19-2002, 05:24 PM
Not sure what version the used in ANH: SE. I would have to toss my Laserdiscs in to check. I'm trying to atleast find the picture I saw ages ago of the Comparison between his ESB and ROTJ outfit. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
09-19-2002, 05:30 PM
Boba Fett's boots are also different in each movie.

so that's:
Padme w/ droid factory assembly line base that connects to deluxe C-3PO base
Obi-Wan w/ spear dropping action & pillar
Mace w/ silly putty arms
Tyranus w/ Sith lightning)
Anakin (probable with cybernetic arm)
R2-D2 w/ rocket boosters
Tusken (probable with removable head) & tusken camp base
Han (probable Hoth)
Chewie (probable Hoth)
Boba Fett w/ quick spasm action
Bariss Offee
Aayla Secura w/ leg contortion action and base
Lama Su (possibly with clone boy)
Droid 2-pack (probable Jedi library analysis droids SP-4 & JN-66)
Holiday edition C-3PO and R2-D2
Rehash episode one Yoda w/ council chair and saber
Imperial shuttle

plus:
Star Tours R5-D4 (really R5-DL)
Star Tours G2-9T

Be interesting to see what else is going to be confirmed. :)

mylow thehutt
09-19-2002, 05:32 PM
Since this was switched to hasbro.com do you think we'll still get to see pics of Barris,Alaya,and Luma?

Beast
09-19-2002, 05:47 PM
They say on the site that the preview pictures of Collection 2 will be up tommorow. So you may see Lama, Bariss, Aayla, and Padme (again). Aayla won't be any big deal, we've pretty much seen everything they could show us of her. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
09-19-2002, 05:53 PM
Apart from the paint deco. :)

Where's Bail Organa? hope they show him but i don't hold out much hope if the recent retailer reports are going to prove accurate.

Be nice to see the deluxe commerce guild dwarf spider droid though. God I soooooo hope that's not just rumour. One of the first images freom AOTC that i saw and went "I GOTTA HAVE ME THAT!!" such a cool little geezer. :D

Beast
09-19-2002, 06:07 PM
Bail's on the rumor list, so we can hope for to see him also. Remeber these are just late Dec. thru Feb. things that we will be seeing this early. Toy Fair in Febuary should have alot more stuff that won't be revealed until then. :)

Jargo, I beleive the Dwarf Spider Droid is on the Retailer Lists. So unless plans change we will get one of those early next year. Can't wait for that. I wonder if they will pack a figure in with it as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
09-19-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
They say on the site that the preview pictures of Collection 2 will be up tommorow. So you may see Lama, Bariss, Aayla, and Padme (again). Aayla won't be any big deal, we've pretty much seen everything they could show us of her. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

ahhhh I was hoping we'd see Anakin Skywalker tomorrow! Do you think we will?

Jargo
09-19-2002, 07:01 PM
The dwarf spider droid is sized about as tall as the super battle droid and with his legs out is quite wide. I can't see him packing with a figure unless it's a blasted up battle droid or something. That'd be cool. All twisted and melted by clonetrooper blasterfire, but all in all the dwarf spider droid should by rights have fairly articulated legs and a rotating head. maybe it'll have sounds then like the Nexu did. That would be very cool to actually have a sound making droid in the thick of battle. I plan on getting a couple of these boys but i have no idea where I'll put them since the arena battle has taken all my available space and I barely have room for the new jedi.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-19-2002, 07:01 PM
I think he is supposed to be there with the new pictures, at least, i hope!!! the new figures all look sweet, so i'm anxious to see Anakin!

Geonosian
09-19-2002, 07:47 PM
I hope Anakin comes with a plastic robe....

Does anyone think Hasbro might suprise us for the collection 3 pics and show us a Poggle, Coleman, Lama Su....

How long to go...?

Lord Tenebrous
09-19-2002, 08:08 PM
Collection 3? Not going to happen. Although it's nice to see confirmation of the 03/01- system.

I'm looking forward to another Han and Chewie, as well as the Tusken and Barriss (the official site confirms her as not part of the final circle, but still a survivor).

Anyways, here's a comparison of Fett. The big difference is that the TESB jetpack is grey, and the ROTJ one is splashed in yellow and blue, very colorful. I'd imagine that the quick-draw will be useless, as it's a crisp two-handed move that ends with him looking like 300th Boba's pose.

http://www.partsofsw.com/fettemp.htm
http://www.partsofsw.com/fettrotj.htm

Beast
09-19-2002, 08:57 PM
Geonsian, I am expecting the Anakin to go with cloth, just because he's supposed to be highly poseable. Plastic cloaks are fine, but I would rather see cloth for a really poseable Anakin. Especially if it's modeled after the wedding scene, as this one is supposed to be. :)

Yeah, Collection 3 is as dead as the dodo. It hasn't been around since E1 figures were still around. Stores hate having more then 1 or 2 different choices to make. That's why Collection 3 stuff was usually harder to find then 1 and 2. BTW, thanks for finding the pictures, Lord Tenebrous. Feel free to grab a Klondike Bar out of petty cash. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-19-2002, 08:59 PM
Guys go check out http://www.artoosnews.com for a new list.

Beast
09-19-2002, 09:06 PM
Battle Droid, no need to go there. Just go right to Hasbro's Star Wars site. :)

Padmé Amidala, Droid Factory Chase, with 12 points of articulation! (’03 #4)
Droid 2 Pack (’03 #5 – Photo Coming Soon!)
Tusken Raider, Tatooine Camp Ambush (’03 #6)
Lama Su (’03 #10 – Photo Coming Soon!)
Aayla Secura (‘03 #11 – Photo Coming Soon!)
Barriss Offee (‘03 #12 – Photo Coming Soon!)
Yoda & Padawan Jedi (‘03 #15 – Photo Coming Soon!)
Padawan Jedi 2 Pack (‘03 #16 – Photo Coming Soon!)

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=81

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-19-2002, 09:10 PM
Yeah, you can do that to. :)

Jargo
09-19-2002, 09:11 PM
Jedi padawan baby jedi cuteness in a bundle of cute baby Jedi sweet mother of mercy goodness!

By which i mean, WOW! they decided to make the leeel cheeeldren Jedi after all. That is so impressive. Mighty impressive. I'm so pleased although i fully expect there will be detractors from the cute baby jedi camp who will say that Pablo Jill and Coleman Trebor are more important than a couple of baby Jedi.

I just hope these baby jedi are the aliens and not the human ones. Human baby jedi BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD, alien baby jedi GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! Chian, Jempa and Ashla with a new Yoda would so sweet. Who needs JK Burtola or Mari Amethist? PAH!!! human jedi suck. :p

And yes i know that technicaly they're called Younglings but that name is crap and baby Jedi is softer and cuter. Thank you. I'll go and shoot myself for admitting that something is cute now.......

Battle Droid
09-19-2002, 09:12 PM
I hope we get at least one of the Alien Padawans and not all 3 be humans.

Beast
09-19-2002, 09:16 PM
I guess that "sucky rehash" Yoda, just got a hell of alot better in atleast Jargo's eyes. Cool, that's three Jedi Younglings. Hopefully they do somthing like the running change on the ERS, and do variant heads. Liam should be the one to come with Yoda though. Collection 2 looks like Hasbro is getting back on the ball with Background Charecters and Fan Favorites. 2003 may actually be looking up, just judging by what we are getting so far for early 2003. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-19-2002, 11:22 PM
I give it another 3 days before we get "Mace Windu w/ Youngling" to add another Mace windu to our sets!!!!!!!!!!!! They can even include another wacky tacky button on his back!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Beast
09-19-2002, 11:27 PM
JMG, It's more likely that they are going to do variant heads. Mace Windu never interacted with the Younglings, so I rather doubt that that would happen. Besides, I doubt we'll see anymore basic announcements until Toy Fair in febuary. Hell, we already have 16 confirmed figures for 2003. :eek: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedibear
09-20-2002, 04:07 AM
I just echoing what some others have said here....
I like the offerings so far for '03....but I hope we don't end up with TOO many resculpts that are only slight changes in position for figures we already have.
STILL no sign of Kenobi or Anakin in robes...sigh. And no mention of Poggle the Lessor either...although it's wonderful to read that Lama Su, Barriss Offee (though she's only a padawan, not a master) and Aalya Secura are forthcoming.
Oh, and scen-specific or not....I hope the stands become a standard pack-in with the figures....on nit for me in the saga line is the large number of figures that don't stand well unassisted...

Beast
09-20-2002, 04:25 AM
Just a quick recap with numbers of everything that has been confirmed. I used the rumors to fill in the holes for the names. Until we are 100% sure though, take some of the names with a grain of salt. The rumors point to Anakin being the wedding version, and Han and Chewie being Hoth versions, going by retailer lists. Again that could change. But you people like me that like having checklists of what is coming can use this for now. :)

[#01] Obi-Wan Kenobi: Acklay Battle (C1)
[#02] Mace Windu: Arena Confrontation (C1)
[#03] Darth Tyranus: Geonosian Escape (C1)
[#04] Padmé Amidala: Droid Factory Chase (C2)
[#05] SP-4 & JN-66 (Jedi Analysis Droids) 2-Pack (C2)
[#06] Tusken Raider: Tatooine Camp Ambush (C2)
[#07] Anakin Skywalker: Naboo Wedding (C1)
[#08] Boba Fett: Jabba's Palace (C1)
[#09] R2-D2: Geonosian Droid Factory (C1)
[#10] Lama Su: Kamino Prime Minister (C2)
[#11] Aayla Secura: Jedi Master (C2)
[#12] Barriss Offee: Jedi Padawan (C2)
[#13] Han Solo: Hoth Gear (C1)
[#14] Chewbacca: Hoth (C1)
[#15] Yoda & Jedi Padawan Youngling (C2)
[#16] Jedi Padawan Youngling 2-Pack (C2)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
09-20-2002, 06:14 AM
dang it! you bet me to the punch, JJB! i just saw this on rebelscum and was going to post that list you posted at 10:06! but i can't wait to see a yoda with a youngling!!hehe!
h

Tycho
09-20-2002, 09:43 AM
I'm sort of working out my anticipated expenses for these figures so to speak. With Anakin, I have to see the sculpt. If I can use like 9-10 of these figures, I don't know yet. I hope so. I have a lot of scenes I need to fill an appropriate Anakin into.

Here's what I tentatively thought:

2003 Star Wars List:

[#01] Obi-Wan Kenobi: Acklay Battle (C1) 1-2
[#02] Mace Windu: Arena Confrontation (C1) 1-3
[#03] Darth Tyranus: Geonosian Escape (C1) 3-4
[#04] Padmé Amidala: Droid Factory Chase (C2) 4
[#05] SP-4 & JN-66 (Jedi Analysis Droids) 2-Pack (C2) 1-2
[#06] Tusken Raider: Tatooine Camp Ambush (C2) 1-2
[#07] Anakin Skywalker: Naboo Wedding (C1) ????
[#09] R2-D2: Geonosian Droid Factory (C1) 1-2
[#10] Lama Su: Kamino Prime Minister (C2) 1
[#11] Aayla Secura: Jedi Master (C2) 8
[#12] Barriss Offee: Jedi Padawan (C2) 8
[#15] Yoda & Jedi Padawan Youngling (C2) 3?
[#16] Jedi Padawan Youngling 2-Pack (C2) 2

With characters that I know will be returning in Episode 3 (and likely still look the same) I always buy extra figures. That way, if they are in a ton of scenes for E3, I won't have to keep using the exact same figure of them.

With new Jedi, I save some for cool EU scenes I might want to make if a comic or novel is particularly good and very stimulating visually.

With Obi-Wan and Anakin, well you know they'll make more resculpts. I could really use a non-cloaked Obi-Wan that's battle-wounded and bloody from the fight with Dooku.

With "Wind-up" Mace, I am going to wait and see how good (or awful) this figure is, and then purchase accordingly. I could use Mace relaxed with his cloak on - like the preview figure which I have enough of already (think I used 5 of those) or I'd like one with his cloak on fire!

With Tyranus / Dooku - a relaxed pose "at ease" would be great.

The Jedi Analysis Droids will only be useful if I can use them as droids that look like they could be in any scene. They could be monitoring the Clones in growth chambers for example.

The Tusken? I have an extra Luke he can beat up on.

Boba, Han, and Chewie I just don't need. I don't care how nice they are for myself, but for those of you who want them, I hope they turn out good. Han needed a Hoth Resculpt for over 5 years!

Rogue II
09-20-2002, 09:50 AM
My list will be way shorter than yours, Tycho.

The only figures I plan of getting are:

[#06] Tusken Raider: Tatooine Camp Ambush (C2) 1-2
[#09] R2-D2: Geonosian Droid Factory (C1) 1-2 (maybe)

And possibly:
[#05] SP-4 & JN-66 (Jedi Analysis Droids) 2-Pack (C2) 1-2

Tycho
09-20-2002, 10:02 AM
Hey EMPEROR JARGO: are you going to use the Geonosis Arena Playset for your diorama? Do you have it early? Are you going to do 1 or 2 scenes? The Arena, and a separate Battle For Geonosis?

IN THE BATTLE FOR GEONOSIS:

I can use 2 of the smaller "Spider-walker" droids.

I'd buy 1 big one if they make it (which I'm sure they will eventually)

Then I'd need 1-2 Hailfire (wheel droids)

and I'm putting in one Trade Federation Droid Fighter 3 -pack

2-4 Geonosian Fighters (depends on size)

1 Dooku / Speederbike

VERSUS

1 AT-TE Walker if they make it.
2 Republic Gunships (I have 4, but 2 are for the Arena Scene)
1 Jedi Starfighter (piloted by Adi Gallia)
5 Clone Speederbikes (at least 1 not-deployed but stored-aboard)

Think they'll make those mobile gun platforms? I'd like that more than the AT-TE drop ship - though that'd be cool (I know how many of you want that version of the Gunship)

But if they make that much more Republic stuff, I'd have to ante up more Geonosian forces for the Techno Union Separatists.

Meanwhile, I have about 20 regular Clone Troopers for this fight, plus appropriate crews for the Republic's vehicles, and I'll be adding Jedi Knights to lead them.

On the other side, I have something like 20 SuperBattleDroids, and at least 15 regular Battle Droids, plus more.

If the Geonosis forces look the least bit weak, I'll add an AAT tank I'll have to buy online, as the 3 I have I'm using for TPM scenes. But with the Trade Federation there on Geonosis, they could have deployed some tanks. I just didn't see any. But I like that vehicle!

patchiswelsh
09-20-2002, 10:21 AM
aayla aayla aayla
yey

hango fett
09-20-2002, 11:11 AM
when is the arena playset due out? i'll have to get it! BTW, i have seen the interactive R2! looks really cool but can't shell out 97 bucks! oh, an i want...
dooku
tusken
padme'
obi-wan
yoda and padawan.
those are my wants!
h

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-20-2002, 11:30 AM
JMG, It's more likely that they are going to do variant heads. Mace Windu never interacted with the Younglings, so I rather doubt that that would happen. Besides, I doubt we'll see anymore basic announcements until Toy Fair in febuary. Hell, we already have 16 confirmed figures for 2003. :eek: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks JJB- I know mace never interacted with the younglings, hence the thought process at Hasbro to put these characters together!!! Think like Hasbro, Jar Jar, and this makes perfect sense!!

"Wait, mace never interacted with the younglings, at least not that we saw, so, let's put them together!!"

work with me here!!! :D

Battle Droid
09-20-2002, 01:29 PM
From www.starwars.com

Check back next week for more Hasbro 2003 previews including two new vehicles and a cool classic trilogy Wal-Mart exclusive.

The 2 vehicles will probably be Dooku & Anakin's Speeders, but what's the Wal-Mart exclusive?

Rogue II
09-20-2002, 01:38 PM
It could be the next wave of Cantina Bar sets. Also, the R2/C-3PO Christmas set has been rumored to be a Walmart exclusive.

Beast
09-20-2002, 01:39 PM
I'm not entirely sure that is the two new vehicles that they will show us. It's possible because they are due out early next year. But there are some other vehicles coming as well. Guess that we'll know for sure, next week.

As I posted earlier in this thread, The Classic Trilogy Wal-Mart Exclusive is the Christmas Droids 2-pack of Santa C-3PO and Rudolph R2-D2. So it's not somthing we haven't seen already. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-20-2002, 01:40 PM
What other vehicles are coming?

patchiswelsh
09-20-2002, 01:47 PM
can't wait for aayla
she will have stand hopefully

Beast
09-20-2002, 01:49 PM
Well, going by the rumored list the following is on the way. I may be forgetting somthing. I can't find the post I made earlier that included more. Found it, filled in the blanks. Not all of these are sure bets, the Swoop and Speeder are. The rest are current rumors with possibility of being produced. I'm guessing the Sandcrawler and Twin-Pod Cloud Car will end up exclusives. :

Boba Fett's Slave 1 (Probably a re-paint of Jango's)
Dooku's Speeder w/ Count Dooku
Jabba the Hutt w/ Dais and figure
Jedi Starfighter w/ Hyperdrive Ring
Owen's Swoop w/ Anakin Skywalker
Sandcrawler
TIE Bomber (Non-Exclusive Re-issue)
TIE Fighter (New)
Twin-Pod Cloud Car

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
09-20-2002, 02:56 PM
Hailfire droid could be one of the vehicles alongside Boba fett's Slave-1

The walmart OT exclusive could be the screen scene trash compactor sets or maybe just Luke and Han in stormtrooper disguise. Luke and Han have been rumoured both ways and it would make sense in this recycling that hasbro is doing to use commtech stormtrooper bodies with Luke and Han heads in some sort of 2-pack mini scene. If they pack in a Dianoga tentacle I'll be somewhat happy although i'd rather they did the Dianoga as a complete beast.

But that's what I'd guess going on the info we have right now. All guesses are good right now though.

Out of all the stuff listed I'll definately be buying:

Padme (I'll swap the head)
Tusken (Just a perfect figure IMO)
Tyranus (the articulation is better than the previous version)
R2-D2 w/ rocket boosters (I'm a sucker for astro droids)
Droid 2-pack (gotta be good to make a 2-pack of them)
Lama Su (He'll be going in my senate scene with Taun We)
Aayla Secura (I'm a big fan of Twi'Lek chicks)
Bariss Offee (Luminara is lonely...)
Han Solo (Only if it's a Hoth version)
Chewbacca (Ditto)
Boba Fett (provided he's not crap )
Padawan 2-pack (cute baby jedi - nuff said)
Yoda with padawan (ditto)

I will not be buying Mace or Obi. Anakin I'll probably wait for pictures of before passing any kind of judgement or even beginning to contemplate buying, it all hinges on him being gimmickless and I'll hope he has a swappable arm and comes with his cape.

Vehicles all sound good to me no matter what they are I'll probably buy those. I'll get two of Owen's swoop and dump the Anakin figures. Dooku's speeder seems kinda cool but god knows what they'll do to contort a figure onto it. The repaint of slave-1 is going to be interesting if it's true. I ditched my vintage mold POTF2 one so I need a replacement, sounds like a good idea though as it's less garish than the AOTC version.

But what I'm really hoping for is an AT-TE and hailfire droid, A sandcrawler and twin pod cloud car. The tie fighter would be cool but if I'm honest, I'd rather they simply released new larger scaled TIE fighter wings you could swap with the old short and stubby ones. Just a pair of wings in a box would be grand - and cheaper too. :)

My partner just had coniptions when I presented the list of already confirmed stuff and then added in what I reckon will be confirmed next. It wasn't so much the amount of stuff on the list but the little numbers next to each item for how many of each I'd buy..... I can already see my budget for next year being blown out of the water much like this year. Glad we got the credit card limit raised in time.

Course, what's going to make me really happy is seeing the lovely Yarna D'al Gargan on these lists........... wherefore art thou Yarna...? :(

Beast
09-20-2002, 03:04 PM
I don't think the Screen Scene 2-packs are exclusive Jargo, since they are supposed to be the launch of a new line. The reason I am sure that it's the Holiday C-3PO/R2-D2 set, is because they specifically mention the word "Classic" in the hint for it. If you look at the carded image of the Holiday 2-Pack, "Classic" is printed in big letters along the side of the box. That almsot clinches it for me. :(

As for the TIE Fighter, if it's true I would prefer if it's a 100% new mold, or atleast mostly. Since I'd like to see them get rid of the battery compartment on the back, and sculpt the rear of the ship to be movie accurate. Since the vehicle is no longer electric, they should have done that with the TIE Interceptor. So if they make a new correct TIE, I may buy two so I can swap out the center section of my Interceptor. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
09-20-2002, 03:23 PM
True true, I forgetted about de classic wording on the monstrous holiday set..... too bad. :(

Tie fighter cockpit ball with remolded rear sounds good but like you say, it'll make the interceptor look bad. I got two of those so I'd have to buy four tie fighters and end up with spare stuff just lying around. Not that that's anything new. I bought the podracers and both are languishing under my bed because there's no scene that I can put those unweildly things in. A shame but there you go.

I guess I'd buy new tie fighters whatever and just keep the interceptors facing forward so i never have to look at the arse ends. :)

Battle Droid
09-20-2002, 03:28 PM
They'll show the 2 new vehicles Tuesday, according to this.

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=83

Jargo
09-20-2002, 03:42 PM
How interesting that they post monday's news today..... oh well, three days isn't that long to wait unless they post tuesday's news tomorrow. :)

Beast
09-20-2002, 03:47 PM
Silly Hasbro, they will probably post it tonight. Shhh, we don't want them to know that we can peek at stuff that isn't supposed to be seen until next week. They may actually do a better job of hiding it. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-20-2002, 03:50 PM
Monday's news is already gone, damn.

Beast
09-20-2002, 03:55 PM
I guess they realized someone was being nosy and discovering their daily updates earlier then intended. Ok, who around here is the dirty Hasbro snitch. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BlahBlahBlah
09-20-2002, 04:07 PM
I'm sorry, it was me. I'm a dirty rotten snitch. Let the spankings begin.

:p :p

Jargo
09-20-2002, 04:13 PM
I don't even want to go there.... :eek:

Still, at least now we know when to look :D

Master Plo- Koon
09-20-2002, 04:44 PM
Either way Im getting them all, I have I think every figure up to date from 1995 through now, execpt for about five six brand new Saga figures, and about 50 vintage, along with all the vehicles, and some Vintage vehicles, and I also placed my order for a shuttle Tyderium, since I could never get my hands on the Vintage one. playsets, etc. A lot of them, in the box a lot of them out, what can I say Im like a kid in a candy store when it comes to Star Wars.;)

Geonosian
09-20-2002, 08:30 PM
Are we going to see the new Anakin today?
We have already seen the new 12"

Whats going on?

mylow thehutt
09-24-2002, 07:37 PM
Maby Jost Nu will still come wth the droids,since it lists droids, 2 pack,so is it posable will might be getting new droids?

Beast
09-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Madame Jocasta Nu will not come with the droids, it's a 2-pack of the Jedi Temple Analysis Droids from the Deleted Scenes on the DVD. The droids names are SP-4 & JN-66. Hopefully Jocasta Nu will come sometime next year. They can always pack Dooku's bust in with her then. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stad
09-24-2002, 11:45 PM
Dooku has a bust?

Beast
09-24-2002, 11:55 PM
Yes, there is a Bust of Dooku in the Jedi Archives Library. You can see Obi-Wan standing infront of it whenn Jocasta Nu asks if he needed help. It's also sitting right behind him when they try to look up Kamino in the Archival Records. Originally it was the focus of Jocasta Nu's "Lost 20" speech that was cut from the film. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
09-25-2002, 05:48 PM
I don't think the Screen Scene 2-packs are exclusive Jargo, since they are supposed to be the launch of a new line. The reason I am sure that it's the Holiday C-3PO/R2-D2 set, is because they specifically mention the word "Classic" in the hint for it. If you look at the carded image of the Holiday 2-Pack, "Classic" is printed in big letters along the side of the box. That almsot clinches it for me. :(

Oh, how I wish you had been right! I could've lived with the idea of the Christmas set being the WalMart exclusive, but these things just look too cool to be exclusives! Disappointing that Han and Luke most likely will not come with helmets, and that the figures don't look poseable enough to look good out of the scene. Come to think of it - I hope they are removeable!

Beast
09-25-2002, 05:57 PM
I know RooJay, I sure called that wrong. But it's not all that unheard of. Remeber that Cinema Scenes started off as Exclusives as well, before going to regular releases. I hope the same thing happens with these. :)

BTW, there has been alot of discussion about the poseablity and if they are removable. You can see what appears to be a decent amount of joints in the figures, so I doubt that they are stuck in the scenes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
09-25-2002, 06:33 PM
I don't care if Han and Luke come with helmets. The helmets were gone by the time they landed in the Trash compactor. If I want to put a helmet on them, I'll use one from the Accessory Pack and one from the POTF2 Stormtrooper Luke.

What I would like to know if there is a commlink in Luke's right hand. His hand is hidden in all 3 pictures.

Jargo
09-25-2002, 06:36 PM
Dooku has a bust?

Wow, can't believe JarJar didn't bite, Yes Dooku has man boobies. That's what happens when you give in to the dark side - everything goes west... or should that be south.....? :D

I didn't realise the cinema scenes were originally exclusives, all this time and I missed that. Well ya live and learn. I only started to collect them in their third year though, so that's probably why I didn't notice. Plus buying from specialist shops only to begin with, everything was touted as exclusive or hard to find or rare so it's not surprising I wasn't really noticing which was which since it all cost the earth anyway. :rolleyes: If only I'd had a credit card back then I could have saved a small fortune....... :(

Beast
09-25-2002, 06:43 PM
I know, I was fighting the urge to mention Dooku's man boobies. Sadly I gave in and just gave the info about the bust. Besides, I knew someone else would follow up with the boobies. Big suprise that it was you, Jargo. :D

Yeah, when the Cinema scenes first came out the Cantina Showdown was exclusive to Wal-Mart. And the Death Star Escape was exclusive to TRU. They were later re-issued as regular items, with very minor alterations to the packaging. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
09-25-2002, 06:54 PM

They were later re-issued as regular items, with very minor alterations to the packaging. :)

Which was stupid, I think. All the retailers around here still have both of them in large numbers collecting dust on the shelves.

mylow thehutt
09-27-2002, 03:42 PM
when are the other pics going to be up

Darth Trymybestus
09-27-2002, 05:35 PM
yeah... I wanna see the new Anakin Skywalker! I remember seeing Anakin Tatooine Attack quite a while before it was released! Although it was a prototype without the soft goods skirt.
I wanna know if the new Anakin has an interchangeable normal arm :) :confused:

Geonosian
09-27-2002, 07:43 PM
I wonder if the new Anakin has a robe...

QLD
09-27-2002, 08:59 PM
Robe? Nah, we don't need one. I just make construction paper robes! They are great! Much better than anything Hasbro can or will give us!!!

:crazed:

mylow thehutt
09-28-2002, 07:44 PM
Ok? I hope we see them next week.

Geonosian
09-29-2002, 09:11 AM
Me too, I really wanna see the new Anakin and Lama..