PDA

View Full Version : whats your favirote part of TFM?

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-26-2001, 08:48 AM
mine is the deleted scene when qui-gonn and ani are going to say goodbye to jira...and ani's scuffle with greedo...it's the only darkness we see of anikan in TFM.

master jedi
10-26-2001, 03:07 PM
TFM? You mean TPM?

My favorite part is the end lightsaber duel.

Lobito
10-26-2001, 04:43 PM
I also agree on the final battle (without the sad demise of DM...cutted in half???) and i like when OB1 Qui Gonn and Jar Jar are in the Bongo heading to the Naboo Capital.

master jedi
10-26-2001, 07:51 PM
I also can't get enough of Qui-Gon sticking his lightsaber into that door. I've been waiting to see something like that for a long time.

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-26-2001, 10:15 PM
well...then you guys DO like TPM...huh???

bigbarada
10-26-2001, 10:48 PM
Well, my favirote part of The Fantom Menace (sorry, KAM's bro couldn't resist:D ) has to be the final battle between Ob1 and Maul after Qui-Gonn's demise, when the shield wall drops and them two just have at it!! One of the coolest fight scenes ever!

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-27-2001, 09:19 AM
yeah..that is preety cool...i like how they did it when i watched the begging on dvd...

JediTricks
10-27-2001, 09:21 AM
I don't love the film, but the question is "what's your favorite part", so from that, I'd say my favorite part is the opening battle of the film with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon against battle droids.

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-27-2001, 09:27 AM
that's okay if you don't LOVE it...just like it in some way...

master jedi
10-27-2001, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by ki-adi mundi's bro

I don't recall ever saying that I never liked TPM. In fact, in the old forums I started an I love TPM thread.

bigbarada
10-27-2001, 06:20 PM
You'll find many of us on this site loved TPM. Myself included.

It's not that we don't notice the stuff that's wrong with the movie (less than stellar CG, childish antics, wooden acting, contrived storytelling, midichlorians); we just love it nonetheless.

Hey, on the old Forums, I started a "Friends of Jar Jar" thread.

Obi-Don
10-28-2001, 05:42 AM
The lightsaber fight at the end was the best part of the movie.

JediTricks
10-28-2001, 11:01 AM
that's okay if you don't LOVE it...just like it in some way... Hmm... I like it as a doorstop, I like it as a paperweight, do those count? ;) To be honest, I don't really like the movie that much, that's what I was trying to subtly point out in my last post. I like many other elements of Star Wars though.

Starfig873
10-28-2001, 12:48 PM
my favorite part? At the very end credits. Why you may ask? Because of Darth Vader's mechanical breathing, I just love it.

But in the actually movie, when Anakin blows the droid control ship. The music and action onscreen really come together to make it a powerful scene.

Jargo
10-29-2001, 01:26 PM
They do? I must have missed that bit when I fell asleepzzzzzzzz...

I like the snow right at the end of the tape when the movie is finally over and I can wake up. :o

Actually any moment Pernilla August is on screen is my favourite. She was vastly underused IMO :(

The other favourite bit is when Qui-Gon gets stabbed right through by Maul. I cheered when the dumb Jedi bit the dust. :) :D :p Liked seeing Obi-Wan get kicked around too :)

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-30-2001, 05:57 PM
what happended to you, jagro? ....neveryoumind...

Jargo
10-30-2001, 08:47 PM
That's J.A.R.G.O. thank you not jagro. :) And i take it you mean the personal icon? I'm travelling incognito, shhhhhhhh - tell no-one, it's a secret okay? :p ;)

GNT
10-31-2001, 12:34 AM
My favourite part would be the scene that Gasgano Talked BUT he never did so I have no Favourite part!Although I do like the beginning :)

snakeplkn
10-31-2001, 07:28 AM
Interesting no one has yet mentioned the pod race scene. I find it to be the most darkest part of the movie. Sebulba is killing racers right and left, racers are crashing into caves and exploding, Anakin shows why Obi-Wan thinks he's a good pilot.

Has anyone seen Flåklypa Grand Prix on which the pod race has been supposedly based on?

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

master jedi
10-31-2001, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by snakeplkn
Anakin shows why Obi-Wan thinks he's a good pilot.

But Obi-Wan didn't see the race. He was at the queen's starship.

JEDIpartner
10-31-2001, 02:24 PM
I agree with Jargo regarding Pernilla. She rocked the hizzy!

I actually liked the part where Rick kept saying "f**k" all the time! He's such a potty mouth... it's amazing he has time to eat when his gob's all a flappin' like that!;)

I love the opening on the TF ship and I love the battle scenes in and around Theed as well as the Senate scenes on Coruscant.

Co Jo-Da
10-31-2001, 06:23 PM
I loved the Pod Race but my favorate part is Obi-Wan and Darth Maul going at full speed ahead.

GNT
11-01-2001, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
But Obi-Wan didn't see the race. He was at the queen's starship.

Hey snakeplkn, Master Jedi got you there!

JediTricks
11-01-2001, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
---
Originally posted by snakeplkn
Anakin shows why Obi-Wan thinks he's a good pilot.
---
But Obi-Wan didn't see the race. He was at the queen's starship. This is interesting to me, because while now true, originally there was no Qui-Gon at all and his whole part in the film was Obi-Wan's, so it seems like Lucas did originally mean for this to explain the older Obi-Wan's comments about Anakin being a great pilot.

Starfig873
11-01-2001, 11:41 AM
Anakin still has two whole movies to show Obi that hes a great pilot.

bigbarada
11-01-2001, 12:05 PM
"When I first met your father, he was already a great pilot but I was amazing at how strongly the Force was with him."

That's pretty much OB1's exact quote. However, we know he has a tendency to stretch the truth. Maybe Qui-Gonn told him the whole story of the podrace and he's taking his word for it. Then of course there is also the story of Anakin flying into the Droid Control ship and blowing it up which I'm sure was related to Ob1 with much excitement by Anakin himself. His realization of Anakin's Force potential could have come while on their way back to Coruscant or it could just be OB1 taking credit for Qui-Gonn's discovery.

"I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi."

Definitely a twisting of the truth, however not completely inaccurate since at the end of Ep1 OB1 did decide to train Anakin "with or without the Council's permission."

The reason I find OB1 so interesting is that he is slightly two-faced and thus very much like people I know in real life. He's a truly flawed hero, but a hero nonetheless.

Co Jo-Da
11-01-2001, 05:07 PM
Obi-Wan didn't see Anakin in the Pod Race or fly in and blow up the Droid Control Ship but that doesn't mean Obi-Wan won't see Anakin fly a ship (after all there is two more films).

Mandalorian Candidat
11-01-2001, 07:02 PM
My favorite part is the deleted waterfall scene. George was soooo close to offing Jar Jar in that scene. Everytime I rewatch it I secretly hope it will end differently with a big orange puddle at the base of the waterfall.

JediTricks
11-01-2001, 11:20 PM
Barada, your quote doesn't say that Obi-Wan actually views Anakin being a great pilot, only that he WAS a great pilot. For all we know, Obi-wan is referring to him being told about Anakin being a podracer or piloting a Naboo fighter. I think there will be just enough room to maneuver in that ROTJ line.

snakeplkn
11-02-2001, 12:43 AM
I don't know what's the big deal with this pilot controversy. How would Obi-Wan not know about the pod race or the Naboo battle? Where do you think he was, testing everyone for midicholorians? I can just imagine it now …

Obi-Wan: “Master, how did you find a spare hyperdrive?”
Qui-Gon: “Shut up and get back to those petry dishes “

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

bigbarada
11-02-2001, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Barada, your quote doesn't say that Obi-Wan actually views Anakin being a great pilot, only that he WAS a great pilot. For all we know, Obi-wan is referring to him being told about Anakin being a podracer or piloting a Naboo fighter. I think there will be just enough room to maneuver in that ROTJ line.

That was actually the point I was trying to make. Did I screw it up somewhere?:confused:

JediTricks
11-02-2001, 10:09 AM
Oh, ok Barada, I saw "However, we know he has a tendency to stretch the truth" and the rest felt like you were saying that Obi-Wan was actively trying to be dishonset about it that. My opinion on it was that he's NOT being dishonest about it at all in this.

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-04-2001, 06:45 PM
"okay people...no more arguing or it's lights out!"
don't fight...there is already enough fighting in the world today...no more

JediTricks
11-05-2001, 01:58 AM
I wasn't arguing with Barada, I was just letting him know why I was confused about what he was saying.

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-05-2001, 05:48 AM
whatever...