PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Sky

scruffziller
09-18-2002, 03:43 PM
Seen it for the first time. It was like a twacked out, dramaticzed,
Total Recall.

mini-rock
09-18-2002, 03:49 PM
I liked it all the way up to the end when everything was revealed. I won't say any more for those who haven't seen it, but the end was lame IMO. :)

The Overlord Returns
09-18-2002, 04:25 PM
I liken watching Vanilla sky to the experience of looking for a number in the phone book:

Frustrating

Utterly useless

and it feels like you've lost 10 hours of your life.

Eternal Padawan
09-18-2002, 04:53 PM
WORST MOVIE OF THE YEAR: 2001

ROLLO!

Jayspawn
09-18-2002, 04:58 PM
I bought the movie, thinking that I would like it. What was I thinking? I hated it!

Nexu
09-18-2002, 10:08 PM
Yeah, it has to be the gheyest movie I have ever seen, or close to it.

Prince Xizor
09-18-2002, 10:58 PM
Um no offense, but what are you guys talking about? Vanilla Sky was an awesome movie, one of the years best! Tom Cruise was a great choice for that character and Kurt Russell gave the best performance of his lifetime. Definitly a movie to watch.

Nexu
09-18-2002, 11:20 PM
Did you like Royal Tenenbaums, by any chance?

QLD
09-18-2002, 11:44 PM
Hey now....I LIKE Royal Tenenbaums a LOT!

2-1B
09-19-2002, 03:56 AM
Nexu, that's enough Tenenbaum bashing out of you. :)

Nexu
09-19-2002, 07:20 AM
hee-hee. :)

The Overlord Returns
09-19-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
Um no offense, but what are you guys talking about? Vanilla Sky was an awesome movie, one of the years best! Tom Cruise was a great choice for that character and Kurt Russell gave the best performance of his lifetime. Definitly a movie to watch.

I'm sorry, but the film was a complete waste of time. Tom Cruise and cameron crowe have a lot to answer for in putting that self indulgent piece of wankery out into the world...

scruffziller
09-19-2002, 12:46 PM
I don't care what anybody says Penelope Cruz is HOT!!!
Cameron Diaz was hot in The Mask. What happened?? She just kind of fizzled out.....:(

Nexu
09-19-2002, 05:51 PM
yeah, that sure covered up the rest of the dumb friggin' movie. :rolleyes: Tom Cruise is one screwed up guy, I don't care what anyone says.

Eternal Padawan
09-20-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
I don't care what anybody says Penelope Cruz is HOT!!!
Cameron Diaz was hot in The Mask. What happened?? She just kind of fizzled out.....:(

Penelope Cruz is a freakin' HORSE FACED wench. She is quite literally the ugliest woman on the planet and I cringe eveytime I see see her atrocious features on a magazine of a DVD case. I seriously let out a shriek of horror when I see her horrific visage.

SHE IS FUGLY!

Cameron Diaz is quite the hottie, though. She was the only redeeming thing about Vanilla Sky.

ROLLO!

scruffziller
09-20-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan

Penelope Cruz is a freakin' HORSE FACED wench. She is quite literally the ugliest woman on the planet and I cringe eveytime I see see her atrocious features on a magazine of a DVD case. I seriously let out a shriek of horror when I see her horrific visage.

SHE IS FUGLY!

Cameron Diaz is quite the hottie, though. She was the only redeeming thing about Vanilla Sky.

ROLLO!

At first I thought that. But for some reason at the right angle, she is hot!! Her nose and upper lip are too close together though.

Eternal Padawan
09-21-2002, 09:06 AM
Go back to your original way of thinking. You start thinking she's hot and pretty soon it will hit you again that she is a horse-face and you'll have to go through all that again. It's safer to realize she's ugly no matter what....

ROLLO!

QLD
09-21-2002, 12:15 PM
Cameron Diaz is hot. Penelope Cruz is not even in the same league. Especially when you see Cameron Diaz' swirling butt in Charlie's Angels ;)

jjreason
09-23-2002, 05:47 PM
EP - Penelope Cruz is a total fox. I have no idea what angle you might be seeing. Gorgeous.

I really, really enjoyed this movie. The ending was great - way outside the box of what I was expecting the movie to be.

Great soundtrack. Of course, considering Cameron Crowe was involved.

Tom Cruise is pretty much foolproof for me right now, Im enjoying his work more and more.

I would totally recommend Vanilla Sky, but I don't really blame those who didn't like it. Definitely out there.

Eternal Padawan
09-24-2002, 09:52 AM
Well, it could be her beaky nose, or her big googly eyes, or perhaps her overbite, but I think mainly it's a combination of all three that makes her look like HORSEFACE!

(Now that I've planted the images, you'll barf every time you look at her. I know I do. )

I didn't like Vanilla Sky because I just..couldn't ....empathize...with A BILLIONAIRE PRETTY BOY WHO CAROUSES WITH BEAUTIFUL WOMEN AND HAS NO FAULTS OR REGRETS.

That and I figured out the "suprise" ending about ten minutes in, but after two hours of mind numbing boredom about characters I didn't feel for, I didn't CARE about the twisty ending , which was lame and unoriginal...apparently Cameron was watching Freejack and Jacob's Ladder on late night cable (or rather the original writers were watching it ).

It wasn't a complete waste. Like I said, I enjoyed Cameron Diaz in the film. And not just for her looks. I thought her frantic performance was really good and I'd even go so far as to say she deserved a nomination of some kind. But her 10 minutes of screentime could not save this drab piece of uninspired rubbish, which until this thread brought it painfully back to mind, I had erased from my memory.

ROLLO! :)

SQueek
03-04-2003, 04:38 PM
just saw this movie, i dont see why no one liked it? i did, i thought it was really original too

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Superb movie, yes, original, well, depends. "Vanilla Sky" is a remake of a film called "Abre los ojos" which Penelope Cruz was actually in. I enjoyed "Vanilla Sky" immensely. It's a movie that when i watch it, i notice something different or i didn't catch before.

As stated, the soundtrack is fantastic. That song "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space" is a great song. I suggest those who enjoyed the song played on the roof during the climax to dl it, it's called "Njosnavelin" by Sigur Ros. It's a great song and Sigur Ros is a wonderful band. cheers! :D

Eternal Padawan
03-05-2003, 08:13 AM
I like "The Nothing Song" by Sigur Ros. Okay, so I liked two things about this movie. That song, and Cameron Diaz.

But I've lost all respect for Cameron Crowe. (okay, not all...but some)

Kidhuman
03-05-2003, 12:11 PM
I thought the movie was pretty good. It kept me wondering what the heck was going on. It was a lttle drawn out though. I like these quirky movies though.

vulcantouch
03-05-2003, 12:42 PM
cuz not only have i already humped (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=209472#post209472) VS, i've also humped its spanish original (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=228136#post228136) :)

Pendo
03-05-2003, 01:05 PM
I liked Vanilla Sky, I thought it had a good complicated plot to get you thinking, but not too complicated to be disliked :).

PENDO!

SQueek
03-05-2003, 01:38 PM
it was alot better than your average movie, even if it didnt make to much sense :D

mrmiller
03-07-2003, 08:59 AM
I like this movie too. I went into it not knowing anything about it, and it turned out pretty good. I think it's one of those movies that if you're expecting too much, or know the spoilers, the movie falls flat. I'd recommend it, but I don't know that I'd watch it again.

=MATT=

InsaneJediGirl
03-08-2003, 08:25 PM
I saw it a few weeks ago and my thoughts are this..

*In Comic-Book Guy Style..*

Worst movie EVER!!

I would watch paint dry instead of this movie.:D

Eternal Padawan
03-09-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
I saw it a few weeks ago and my thoughts are this..

*In Comic-Book Guy Style..*

Worst movie EVER!!

I would watch paint dry instead of this movie.:D

Hooray! and Amen.

I can't believe so many of you were entertained by this turkey...