PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Figures!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2002, 05:04 PM
Hasbro,
Hello. How's life?
Now to business. You all need to make a few "Ultimate" figures. These would definitely cross the $10 threshhold, but any price is worth paying for a few of these.
*Luke Skywalker
*Obi-Wan Kenobi
*C-3PO
*R2-D2
*Palpatine
*Mace Windu

I'll be back later to discuss them, and give the reason why they'd be $10.

Rogue II
09-18-2002, 05:20 PM
I'd buy that.

They could still have to do 2 Lukes:
Tatooine and Jedi

Beast
09-18-2002, 05:22 PM
Nah, Tatooine has been done to death. But Dagobah and Jedi Luke's as deluxe would be good. There have been alot of ideas for Ultimate Figures posted for those charecters. I have a few ideas myself. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
09-18-2002, 06:48 PM
Ah, you forgot Anakin..

Rogue II
09-18-2002, 06:52 PM
I said the COULD do a Tatooine Luke. I didn't say I wanted one.;) You are right, there have been many great ideas for Ultimate figures. Some people have even included sketches.

We know what all they would do for Tatooine Luke is combine the CTC Luke and the Flashback Luke to make him fully articulated. Then toss in the Stormtrooper belt from the Accessory pack, and the poncho from the Episode 1 accessory pack. I should keep quiet before they get some ideas.:rolleyes:

Beast
09-18-2002, 07:07 PM
Who needs a Ultimate Anakin? The basic Saga figures so far have everything we need from Anakin. Figures that have alot of accessories they use, or need a higher price tag to include special things that can't be included in the Basic Figure line would be great. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2002, 07:54 PM
I wanted to make a definitive version, kind of. Well, my ideas are these:
*Luke Skywalker. In Jedi Knight outfit. Includes removable cloth cloak/cape, removable vest thing (like Anakin deluxe, but better) and belt, metal lightasaber, blast deflection effect, metal blaster, blast effect, bone, hand binders (maybe two - skiff and final duel), interchangeable hands (normal, damaged, gloved), electroshock effect from Palpatine, cloth poncho, removable helmet, base. Articulation: head up-down, side-side, arms, elbows, legs, knees, wrists.
*Obi-Wan Kenobi. A New Hope version. Includes soft goods lower half, soft goods cloak, metal lightsaber, chest (or whatever) form where he got Luke's saber, Luke's metal saber, table for Holo Leia, base. Articulation: head up-down, side-side, arms, elbows, legs, knees, wrists.

More later . . .

Beast
09-18-2002, 08:13 PM
Well, that Ultimate Luke has been mentioned with the exact same manner as you describe quite a few times before. There is a new Luke Jedi on the list for next year, so while it won't be the Ultimate version, it will hopefully be a decent version.

I like the idea of the Obi-Wan. But they could do that in the basic line with all the extra bubble room we have. We definatly need an Old Obi-Wan with soft goods so we can put him in the new Landspeeder. It's to bad they packed another Luke in with the Speeder, instead of Obi-Wan. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
09-19-2002, 01:02 AM
Ultimate Darth Vader:

double cloth capes, metal lightsaber hilt with removable blade and a magnet in his belt, 14 points of articulation (ball-socket head, ball socket shoulders, elbows, wrists, swivel biceps, waist, hips, ball-socket knees), removable hand, 2-piece removable helmet

Ultimate Clontrooper:

16-points articulation (the same as Vader above just add ankle articulation), removable helmet, white/red/green/yellow/blue versions

Just my ideas.

Darth Evil
09-19-2002, 01:54 PM
You know, Hasbro'll never give us these figures. They'd rather milk us dry by releasing many versions of each character. But we can dream...

DarthBrandon
09-19-2002, 02:52 PM
I'd really like to see some of the idea's that people have given on these forums for action figures that would blow away some, if not most of the ones Hasblow has come out with to date. The fact of the matter is Hasblow is in the business to make money with, as many figures as they can churn out, not to please the fans, kids or collectors, and if you believe that they are then you are all crazier than I thought. i.e. When Vader first came out in 95 he was way too buff and way too inaccurate IMO, later they released some more, one with bendable knees ( can you guess which one, it came with a cloth cape and his meditation chamber), we also had one with a cloth cape and torture droid, we also had one with removable helmet, also one with turning elbows and a removable face mask, also an emperors wrath version, then there was the Saga Vader who is as preposed as they get with a silly gimmick on his back. What am I getting at you ask, well they already had a mold for Vader with bendable knees, so why didn't they make the rest of the Vaderís with bendable knees, and turning elbows, cloth capes lower and bottom etc, because they make more money turning out resculpts after resculpts as opposed to getting this right the second or even third time, rather than doing ten plus version of a figure that IMO should have been made only three times rather than 8 to ten times. You can bet your life that he will be made again and again till the line dies out. Another example is Jango Fett, how many times will they make this poor excuse of a main character? i.e. Sneak Preview, KE,FB,Deluxe,Pilot, and next they are talking Jammies Jango. I bought the first two and that's it for me, not one more dime will go on another Jango unless he is the last version and it is also the Ultimate version as well. Look what they did to Mace, they knew that the fans and collectors hated this and what did they do they came out with a new version with cloak that IMO looks just as bad if not worse, ah nothing could be worse than I'm crapping Mace. I am a collector, but I am also not stupid, I will not buy half of the stuff they churn out because, well it sucks (poor quality, ideas etc the list goes on.) Sure I love collecting S.W. figures, but I find more and more they are lacking what I consider good quality and craftsmanship. The POTJ was IMO the best line when it got near the end and then when Saga came along it just went down hill. I'm not talking about the extras in the bubble; I'm talking about the figures in general. It seems that only a few figures of this line IMO are worth buying so far. We could go on for days talking about what we would like to see happen with this line i.e. bendable knees, arms, elbows, hilts for sabers, metal sabers, soft goods, sculpt etc. But the fact remains that they do not care what we think as they have their so-called design team that IMO blows chunks. If given the chance to make S.W. figures, I know that all of us as collectors would do a way better job than Hasblow could ever DREAM of doing. Sorry for the rant, but as of late I've become very disappointed with Hasblows work and very tired of resculpts that still don't get it right. I see that most are on the same page as I am with their ideas on how to better the line, but I'm afraid that this is all for nothing as it obviously falls upon deaf ears.:d)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-19-2002, 09:02 PM
It's me again.

*C-3PO. From Classtic Trilogy/TPM. Same sculpt from Deluxe C-3PO, new gold paint. Includes rag, oil bath, part of the Krayt dragon skeleton, removable eye, slime container (like the Harry Potter figures). TPM version (included) - all new sculpt, with removable parts. Includes blanket, Podrace flag, removable eye. Because the parts are removable, they can be interchanged with the Saga Deluxe C-3PO for a truly ultimate 3PO. *sniff*
*R2-D2. With pretty much everything, and a small button that opens his panels (like in ROTJ). Oh yeah.
*Palpatine. From ROTJ. Includes cane, soft goods cloak, chair, interchangeable hands - one set has force lightning attached to them. Articulation: head up-down, left-right, arms, elbows, knees.
*Mace Windu (which I have talked about many, many times). Includes lightsaber (new hilt), cloak, fireball clip for cloak, blast deflection effect. Articulation: head up-down, left-right, arms (ball-joint for "This party's over"), elbows, legs, knees.

Oh, I forgot - every figure should come with a unique base.

Darth Sidious
09-21-2002, 07:10 PM
I like this thread. :D The Clonetrooper could have 5 different sets of snugly fitting removable armor/helmets-White, Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow. You could make it any rank you want, and leave the other pieces laying on the ground in dioramas for that extra touch. With ball joints he could be neutrally or action posed. It could come with a slightly different turret (Similar to RedClone's turret, I love that one) and a Clonetrooper Rifle and pistol. Here's my idea for an ultimate Maul. I know we have a ton of Mauls, but this one would be perfect, or much closer to perfect than the other ones.

Maul would include: Saber with both sides ignited and full length blades (All metal handles, of course), saber with one side ignited, saber handle, 3 Sith Probe Droids with bases, as much articulation as possible, a removable cloth cloak, binoculars, cut-in-half torso that STAYS TOGETHER WELL, one fully open hand (For "Force throwing the junk aside" pose), a hidden button with a good downward slashing action, the pieces of junk he Force-threw aside in the Theed Duel, and SHARP HORNS!!! I think people wouldn't mind another Maul if it was that good. Then the only thing we would need would be a Sith infiltrator....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-22-2002, 11:32 AM
If the blades were removable, would it be necessary for Maul to have three sabers? :)

Darth Sidious
09-22-2002, 12:30 PM
That's the thing, I hate removable blades. I am sick of them bending and breaking and weakening and falling out. If Hasbro would just give us handles, we wouldn't ever have to worry about that again, and we could still have un-ignited sabers. Maybe the handles would have to be plastic if they were permanently attached, but I don't care. I can't stand removable blades.

187-Maul
09-22-2002, 12:49 PM
I would LOVE to have a new maul if he would be done right
all your suggestions are good except the slashing action
he should have no action at all and the open hand shoud have a magnet in it so he can still hold his saber in it
and his belt should have a magnet in it that is strong enough to hold his saber
and a removable wrist commlink should be included too
oh and if he really comes with that many sabers he should come with another sabers with one side ignited but the handle should break in half so you could do the final battle
oh and the junk you mentioned was a baddle droid upper body I think so you could use it in arena dioramas too perfectly
and his face should be perfect sculpted this time with his teeth seen AND painted
and of course he should come with a clear plastic stand so you could pose him in the high kick position without him falling over all the time
and his skirt should be cloth too for better articulation posibilities

wow that was a lot:)
I could only dream for this maul to be released...

Darth Sidious
09-22-2002, 01:32 PM
Those are all great ideas, especially the clear stand. Except there is one that I don't like as much-The cloth lower skirt thing. I never liked it when they did that. Cloth is good for big robes, but not for lower skirt things. You can't detail cloth. The top half would be detailed plastic, and the bottom half would just be plain cloth. It wouldn't look like it is all one piece. They could make the bottom half out of very soft plastic, and it would smell really really good. :D I also think the slashing action could be omitted. I had thought that was a Battle Droid torso, but I didn't want to sound dumb and say it was a piece of a battle droid and be wrong.

187-Maul
09-22-2002, 02:22 PM
yeah I agree the cloth on sith lord maul looked really bad, but if they made it from plastic it would have to be REALLY soft otherwise maul wouldn't be able to lift his leg high enough to do the kicking stance
or they could do it sort of like on TA anakin, have half plastic and the space on the side made from cloth, maybe that would work and it wouldn't look that bad cause it would be all black

Darth Sidious
09-22-2002, 02:45 PM
Yes, that is a much better idea. TA Anakin looked pretty good, and his robes were different colors. All black robes would definitely work with that idea. Or the very soft plastic robes could split down the sides like the robes on Final Duel Maul. Except the plastic would be softer, which would be an improvement. I need to emphasize this point again-Hasbro, if you're reading this, I want to be able to cut leather with those horns!!!