PDA

View Full Version : do you think there will be more or less(cont)

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-26-2001, 10:12 AM
of AOTC figures? they already have a first wave in prodution and probably have the 2nd and 3rd ready to start...what do you think??

bigbarada
10-26-2001, 12:04 PM
Hopefully, they scale it back a little. Having 3 waves (20 figures) available on day one was a bit much. That's not even counting all the vehicles and storybooks and Queen Amidala dolls, and 12" and COMMTECH readers and Jabba Globs and Beast Assortments and........ geez, let us catch our breath Hasbro!

I would prefer just a small initial strike of about 9-10 figures with one mid size vehicle and maybe two small ones, with one or two creatures and a small selection of 12" figures. Even that would stretch my bank account, but I'm not going to lose my mind buying stuff this time around.

master jedi
10-26-2001, 02:51 PM
I hope they release each wave a few weeks apart. I think if they release several waves at the same time people will have to skip on some due to lack of money.

Lobito
10-26-2001, 04:16 PM
It will all depend on how many characters are in the movie...but i trully hope they arent as much toys as the EpI line.

master jedi
10-26-2001, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
It will all depend on how many characters are in the movie...

Yeah but even if there were only 2 people in Star Wars Hasbro would make at least 50 figures worth of re-sculpts.

Lobito
10-26-2001, 07:58 PM
Hehehehe..i know...OB1 is going to break Luke's figure record.:D

bigbarada
10-26-2001, 10:38 PM
Maybe since Anakin is the new, up and coming kid on the block we'll get tons of unecessary resculpts of him too. Hooray, can't wait.:rolleyes:

Here's a list of future Anakin figures (possible spoilers):

1: Jedi Duel
2: Padawan
3: Jedi Knight
4: Sitting
5: Soft Goods
6: One hand open, one hand closed
7: Two hands open
8: Two hands closed
9: One arm bent, one karate chop arm
10: Bending knees, ugly face sculpt
11: Bending knees, good face sculpt
12: Angry face sculpt
13: Sad face sculpt
14: Straining on the crapper face sculpt
15: Deluxe Action
16: Deluxe
17: Deluxe Mega Action
18: Deluxe Mega Super Action
19: Super Deluxe Mega Action
20: Hologram
21: Clear Plastic, not hologram, but still clear plastic
22: Special Whipped Cream Variant
23: Special Peanut Butter Variant
24: 2-Pack Version
25: 3-Pack Version

There you go, kiddies, 25 Anakin figures on your way in 2002! Start saving your pennies now!!

:D

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-27-2001, 08:21 AM
i think they should realease the wave a few weeks appart like jedi master said...

LTBasker
10-27-2001, 09:42 AM
They should do just like what they did with Episode I on releasing figures, they were actually usually on a certain time unlike POTJ figs which come out whenever because we never know when they'll hit (WHICH SUX!) but I mean like, they ought to release like 3-6 or so figs every couple of months or so so they can get spread out and people have time to find them and relax before the next wave comes out instead of pushing everything out the door you can get out then having a long dry spell with peg-warmers and low sales and then the later figs get harder to get.

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-27-2001, 11:44 AM
i think youre right LTbasker...in a sense...they just threw a whole bunch at us and said there you go...sleezbags...

JEDIpartner
10-29-2001, 10:05 AM
I think that the waves should be organised in a way that all the main characters (with the outfits the are wearing the most in the film) are shipped first- kinda the way they did the vintage 12. Then they should proceed with the secondary characters... the "most memorable" of the aliens, droids and whatnot. The third line should then be resculpts with main characters with their "next most worn" costume. That way there isn't wave after wave of resculpts and these will be broken up with more "unique" shipments. :)

JediCole
11-03-2001, 09:56 AM
Originally I would have said that, despite all of our hopes to the contrary, Hasbro would simply give us an initial flood and then nothing for some time. It is their way with a new line/imprint/brand. However, given the dynamic of the new (and long overdue) unified Star Wars line imprint, we may see the kind of gradual release that everyone is hoping for. I think that we will see a sizeable initial release (between the preview figures and the first wave), but nothing on the order of the 20-25 figure initial glut.

GNT
11-04-2001, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by ki-adi mundi's bro
i think youre right LTbasker...in a sense...they just threw a whole bunch at us and said there you go...sleezbags...

But thats what they say everytime :(

bigbarada
11-04-2001, 12:54 AM
Well, I guess it's official. There will be less. Since the lack of a dedicated Ep2 line will insure that unwanted Ep2 toys won't be clogging the shelves two years from now. I can't tell you how relieved I am about this news.

Obi-Don
11-04-2001, 08:22 AM
I'm with everyone here . I hope just one or two wave at a time with a ship or two.The only thing is that they make enough that they aren't to hard to get,but not to many that you are falling all over them.I guess that will be the tough part.

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-05-2001, 04:48 PM
but what if they said "hey! we have all these figures ready to go! should we ship'em?"
"sure!"
ugh...just be prepared for the worst and hope for the best..