PDA

View Full Version : New Star Trek Nemesis trailer

master jedi
09-19-2002, 03:00 PM
Here are some mirror links that i have:

Mirror 1 (http://www.inscifi.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=63)

Mirror 2 (http://www.starfleetlibrary.com/mediatrek/st10/st10_trailer.mpeg)

Mirror 3 (http://www.tvsched.com/mediatrek/movies/st10_trailer.mpeg)

It's about 20 megs, .mpg format, 2 mins. long.

Enjoy!:)

JediTricks
09-19-2002, 04:13 PM
Is that the one from last night's Twilight Zone? I thought it was a bit of a mess, looked like it gave away a lot of the ending too. As a TNG fan first I didn't feel impressed; but cinematically it looked pretty interesting except for Worf in the dune buggy chase, that looked ridiculous on every level.

LTBasker
09-19-2002, 04:31 PM
Watching made me wonder, are we gonna see Worf with gold pressed latnium chains around his neck with a phaser or bat'leth hanging from'em? :eek:

I taped it when it was shown during Twilight Zone, my opinion on it is still the same on Nemesis so far. They really could benefeit from better editors though.

Also if you missed the news, all the Wesley Crusher scenes have been cut from Nemesis. :(

The Overlord Returns
09-19-2002, 04:32 PM
well...if history is any indication, this should be a good star trek film, as it's an even numbered outing.

Beast
09-19-2002, 05:09 PM
TOR, from all the stories and the script treatments and spoilers I have read for the new movie, I think thats finally going to be disproven. This is going to likely be the very first even numbered Star Trek film that sucks. Now the question is, will it be as bad as Star Trek V and Star Trek IX? That is what I'll withhold judgement on until I see the film in the theater. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
09-19-2002, 05:15 PM
Caught a trailer for it when I saw Austin Powers...and It didn't look bad.....

BTW, for anyone who hasn't seen the X Men 2 trailer.....GO AND DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!!!!!

I cannot wait for this film.

master jedi
09-19-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Caught a trailer for it when I saw Austin Powers...and It didn't look bad.....

BTW, for anyone who hasn't seen the X Men 2 trailer.....GO AND DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!!!!!

I cannot wait for this film.

That's the first trailer. This is the second one which I htink is a better trailer.
And I sure hoppe you're talking about the second X2 trailer 'cause the first one sucked.

darthvyn
09-19-2002, 07:16 PM
meh... i gotta say, i really hate it when they use the music from another movie in trailers - they used the theme from the planet of the apes remake... which i thought was really cool music. other than that, it looks okay, though i've never been a huge ST fan. the whole "mad worf in beyond thunderdome" thing looks funny...

master jedi
09-19-2002, 07:20 PM
I think I picked up some Batman music myself.

darthvyn
09-19-2002, 08:48 PM
right composer, danny elfman, but no, it's definitely the burton planet of the apes... at least up 'til the line "don't be so vain..."

thespar
09-23-2002, 05:47 PM
like most of the other st movies i can not wait for this one to come out.

mini-rock
09-23-2002, 08:07 PM
I like Star Trek, but I will skip this when it comes out, will wait for the DVD to satisfy the scifi side of me. :)

master jedi
09-23-2002, 08:28 PM
why will you skip it?

mini-rock
09-24-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
why will you skip it?

I absolutely hate going to the theater. My last several experiences haven't been all that great, even all the times I saw AOTC there were always annoying kids, and parents, sitting next to or near me. Add that to the insane prices for tickets, food, and drinks. Thats the reason I spent so much money on my HT, to avoid the theater. I see 1 maybe 2 movies a year in a theater, but I would rather wait for the dvd.:)

master jedi
09-24-2002, 11:47 PM
Just complain to the manager the next time you encounter annoying people. Last time I went to the theater there was a little kid sitting in the middle of the isle before, during. and after the movie. Everybody was tripping over him. I nearly dropped my Coke. The kids parents werent doing anything. Also during the movie there were about 6 or 7 preteens sitting behind me. They were really loud through half the movie. They were really childish too. They were having gas and then laughing.What's funny about gas? They were also having gas contests to see ** much gas they could have, how loud it was, and even weather or not it was high and dry or low and juicy. Just before I was about to take them outside for an old fashioned whooping a dang usher came by and told them to shut up or they'd have to leave. Dang usher!

vulcantouch
09-25-2002, 12:43 AM
. . .we get speed buggy (http://www.yesterdayland.com/popopedia/shows/lunchboxes/lb1296.php) vs. lawnmower man :p that bald guy (who isn't even a romulan, gee thanks for the romulan badguys, paramount :p ) looks like some flaky rave dj with no taste in music; i betcha last year he had a caesar haircut :rolleyes:

mini-rock
09-25-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
They were having gas and then laughing.What's funny about gas? They were also having gas contests to see ** much gas they could have, how loud it was, and even weather or not it was high and dry or low and juicy.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

That was good!

I did complain during one of my viewings of AOTC, but all the theater manager did was give the parents of the kid a warning. The manager left and the kid started back up again. I got my money back after the movie ended, and told my daughter I'd let her have the money if she went and kicked his ***.

With The Two Towers, and The Chamber of Secrets coming out, I'll go ahead and wait for the Nemisis DVD. I will buy the DVD regardless of reviews of if everyone hated it. :)

Boba Rhett
09-25-2002, 05:14 PM
Oh man, if someone causes a ruckus in the theatre when I'm watching TTT, I swear somebody's going home with a large bag of popcorn shoved up their ***. :evil:

master jedi
09-25-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Oh man, if someone causes a ruckus in the theatre when I'm watching TTT, I swear somebody's going home with a large bag of popcorn shoved up their ***. :evil:

That'll probably be me going home like that and I won't even do anything.:)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-25-2002, 09:51 PM
I wonder why they cut all the Wesley Crusher scenes from the upcoming movie? I think he had a rather intriguing character in the TNG series and his departure was shrouded in mystery as far as his travels are concerned. I might have actually seen the movie at the theatre if they included his scenes in the movie.

master jedi
09-26-2002, 01:11 PM
I probably should have posted this earlier but apple.com put up a good quality version of the trailer. Just click on the following link to view it.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/star_trek_nemesis/