PDA

View Full Version : Delux Figures

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-19-2002, 09:50 PM
OK Now why are they of lower Quality? I have picked them all up and they are cheaply done as in bad paint jobs and lower quality Plastic....

Has anyone else seen this?

Nexu
09-19-2002, 09:56 PM
Not just on the deluxes, I'm sad to say.

Battle Droid
09-19-2002, 10:01 PM
The Nexu is the best Deluxe out so far.

Jargo
09-19-2002, 10:27 PM
The reason is the same as the reason collection one figures are bad and full of crappy gimmicks. Hasbro assumes that children are too fat and lazy and stupid to be able to determine what a good figure is or how to actually use their imaginations. Hasbro provides all the actions in a toy so that a child doesn't have to think about anything or develop a sense of creativity or adventure. Everything is done for them. Hasbro also manage to get by the quality issuew because of course children can't differentiate between good product with play value and bad product cheaply made and badly painted. Hasbro assumes children will buy something and instantly toss it aside in favour of the next thing that catches their eye. Hasbro assumes that all kids have parents with bottomless pockets. Hasbro are crap. Hasbro don't care because they have a large percentage of the toy manufacturing market and can do whatever they bloody well want. Hasbro has no idea what deluxe actually means. Hasbro is run by small iguanas who can't read. Hasbro has their toys made in sweatshop factories run by monkies and staffed by lowly peasants with small fat fingers and bad eyesight.

do any of those reasons seem to fit the question....? :)

corporal AMF
09-19-2002, 10:30 PM
I'm sorry to see this.......figures like McFarlane, LOTR and most of the new 12'' figures are outstanding, and {Hasblo keep on cheating the customer

Old Fossil
09-19-2002, 11:55 PM
Not all the figures we've seen are poor quality, but the Deluxe line does seem to suffer it to a greater degree than the regular figures.

TylerD
09-20-2002, 01:57 AM
I think the Cantina Packs are more high quality than all the rest, and the Nexu is totally AWESOME!

Prince Xizor
09-20-2002, 11:54 AM
I agree that the Nexu is an awesome toy.

But the rest of the Deluxe line is mostly crap. Those Force Jumping (or whatever you call them) Figs are horrible. I bought the Dooku because I couldnt find a single one at first, and its maybe the worst toy I own.

Jayspawn
09-20-2002, 12:03 PM
I don't think the Deluxe figures are that bad. The C-3PO is kinda neat, and Yoda is a pretty cool figure. The sets they come w/ arn't the best but the figures are useful.

The only Deluxe figures that are crap are the 'Force-Flipping' action Kenobi, Fett, Anakin, and Tyranus.

hango fett
09-20-2002, 12:06 PM
the only deluxe i have a problem with is the yoda. it just doesn't look right...

TylerD
09-21-2002, 02:54 AM
Oh God, NOT a POKEMON avatar!!!!!

Nexu
09-21-2002, 10:48 AM
Heh-heh-heh.

Jayspawn
09-21-2002, 11:49 AM
Please God, let this be a Pokeman-free forum!!!!!

QLD
09-21-2002, 12:24 PM
Gotta catch em' all!!!!!!!!

Do people still even pay attention to that stuff??

Anyway, the deluxe figures are crap deluxe.

thespar
09-21-2002, 02:48 PM
they are okay i gues but not worth the 10 dollar price tag that hasbor puts on them made if they only a couple buck more.

Turbowars
09-22-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn

The only Deluxe figures that are crap are the 'Force-Flipping' action Kenobi, Fett, Anakin, and Tyranus. I completely agree Jayspawn. The others are very cool, like the Cantina bar sets and the Target Accessory packs. I kind of like the Anakin one also. I hope the Deluxe Clone trooper with Speeder will be cool.

Beast
09-22-2002, 05:19 PM
I feel the same way, Turbowars and Jayspawn. The Anakin in the Slice 'n Dice Geonosian set has huge black eyebrows, but he's still pretty nice. Besides, the Geonosian in that set is the primary attraction. I can deal with Ani's brows for the cool Geonosian. Just looking at the pictures of the CloneTrooper w/ Speeder and I have to say that it's going to be one of the best Deluxe sets of 2002. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks