PDA

View Full Version : Art Asylum doing 3 more Trek ship soon?

JediTricks
09-19-2002, 11:56 PM
Jeff of figures.com says that Art Asylum was working on 3 classic Trek vehicles for release at Pre-Toy Fair, and were just waiting licensing approval. The 3 ships could scarcely be better choices:

- Enterprise NCC-1701
- Enterprice NCC-1701 (movie refit, think NCC-1701-A)
- Reliant NCC-1864 (Miranda class)

I want, I want I want these soooooooooo badly!!! I've been waiting for these pretty much all my life, Playmates released an ok version of the TOS version, but AA has way nicer design. But finally, the Starfleet starships of my dreams are close to my hands, I can feel them (which means Paramount will pull the plug, right? :( Let my Starships live!!!)

Yes, I am such a Trekkie nerd that I know the registry and ship class of the Reliant by heart. ;)

JediCole
09-20-2002, 12:10 AM
This is great news. Mrs. JediCole has most of the Playmates ships, including the well made Borg cube. We have the "Enterprise" Enterprise on order, but it has not arrived. I suspect it will be every bit as good, if not better than the Playmates ships, so I am looking forward to seeing more about AA's versions of other Star Trek craft. Hopefully they can make a Romulan Bird of Prey from TOS that does not have an awkward protrusion in the front, like the Playmates version.

JediTricks
09-20-2002, 12:19 AM
Apparently, the sales of the NX-01 Enterprise that Amazon.com claims is being released on Oct 5th is another key to whether the above ships get the green light.

I wish I had more Playmates ships, I have the Ent-D, TNG Romulan warbird, transforming Ent-D from TNG finale (found that on clearance at KB!), TNG Shuttlecraft, DS9 Runabout, Defiant, First Contact Ent-E, Insurrection Ent-E, Klingon BOP, and Voyager (just dug that out of the closet, luckily it worked fine with a fresh set of batteries). I passed on way too many of these though, and I regretted missing most of 'em, I was lucky enough to find the BOP just recently.

Jayspawn
09-20-2002, 12:14 PM
I'm with you JediTricks! I want an Original Enterprise so badly!!! I also want the Enterprise A, Reliant, and Enterprise B pretty darn bad.

I'm growing impatient for AA's NX Enterprise. I hope it comes out soon.

thespar
09-21-2002, 02:29 PM
i have yet to see any of aa figures but what i seen of their work on their web sites i can not wait to see the ships.