PDA

View Full Version : Alien 5, Predator 3 and/or Alien VS. Predator?

Lman316
09-20-2002, 02:10 AM
I have heard recently that possibly all three of these movies could be made. As I understand it, Predator 3 has been greenlit, but it's been pushed off to the side for some reason; Alien 5, I can't really remember what they're doing, whether it's been OK'ed or not; and same thing goes for A VS. P - I can't remember what was said.
I just wanted to see if anyone on the boards knew the lastest on these movies. I would like to see all three of them made, but I'm sure they'll end up sacrificing one or two of these movies to put out the third. And if they do that, I hope it's Alien VS. Predator. I've been waiting to see that one for a long time...

End...

Eternal Padawan
09-20-2002, 12:08 PM
Last I heard, Paul Anderson (he who made Resident Evil, Event Horizon, Mortal Kombat) was working on a AvP movie. It's his next project after RE2.

ROLLO

El Chuxter
09-20-2002, 03:15 PM
About time! I've been wanting that movie (and the in-limbo Jason vs Freddy) for almost a decade now!

thespar
09-23-2002, 05:37 PM
a Vs p would be cool. as far as alien 5 pass. predator 3 might not be to bad.

Exhaust Port
09-23-2002, 08:53 PM
I was talking to someone who knows a lot about movies and he said that the A vs P movie is probably never going to happen because the owner of the premise isn't selling it or giving the movie rights away. Now I don't know who that owner is, perhaps Dark Horse, and honestly I don't know much about the movie industry so I can't provide any proof other than what I was told.

thespar
09-23-2002, 10:58 PM
i though fox owned the rights to both aliens and predator but i could be wrong if you look at both games they have fox's name all over them.

mini-rock
09-23-2002, 11:46 PM
I read Paul Anderson was still writing the script for Aliens vs Predator (and will also be directing) but Joel Silver won't be (one of the many) producer(s) on that.
I wish could remember where read that at though.

Eternal Padawan
09-24-2002, 10:09 AM
Fox was the distributor for the films. Brandywine Productions owns the rights to the Alien films and Joel Silver and his buddies have the rights for the Predator films. It was those two companies which stalled any attempts to make an AvP movie for so long. Neither would budge about the rights to their franchises. But both franchises have languished in obscurity for so long, an AvP movie is looking like a good jumpstarter for both franchises, so the producers might be singing a different tune 15 +years later. If you say Silver is attached, he probably finagled a deal with the Brandywine fellows after all this time. I doubt Anderson would be working on a film if he hadn't gotten an "all clear" of some sort.

I don't know if Anderson is starting from scratch on the screenplay, but one I read along time ago (the closest it ever got to being made) had a a team of Predators hunting on a planet FILLED with Aliens. They stumble across a Weyland-Yutani outpost and in the ensuing slaughter, the last remaining Predator has to team up with the surviving humans to escape from the new Alien-predator hybrids. Since humans are of a backstabbing nature and they don't like the Predator, they double cross him and he ends up dying to save the last "good human" (a chick, I believe) whom he inducts into the Predator culture somehow, making her a "predator human" and setting up possible sequels with a new female protagonist.

There was also an old Dark Horse comic series which had roughly the same scenario, but I think the script and the comic were different stories that just had similar plots.

..or he could just come up with something totally new.

ROLLO!

Tycho
12-17-2006, 06:06 AM
This idea (above) turned into the Aliens vs. Predator movie almost to the letter, except they were in Antarctica instead of on another planet.

I hope a next stop for the franchise continuing will be another planet.

kool-aid killer
12-17-2006, 02:49 PM
I try not to read about spoilers, but ive stumbled across various tidbits on the net about the next AvP movie taking place somewhere in the United States. Not cool. Like you, i think somewhere out in space would be cooler. Ive got no problem with them fighting in a metropolitan area, but it would have to be done in a manner that fits into both franchises movie continuity. I think it would be easier to just toss them on another planet and go from there.

scruffziller
12-17-2006, 05:20 PM
I think it would be easier to just toss them on another planet and go from there.

Or perhaps even easier to not do the movie at all.:D