PDA

View Full Version : Yoda and Jedi Younglings Figures; New Chewie (Again)

Tycho
09-20-2002, 09:11 AM
These were just announced according to another website claiming to have confirmed sources.

If so, I think that's cool:

Jedi Youngling 2-pack.
Yoda and 1 Jedi Youngling on a card, also.

There's also a new Han and a new Chewie. (groan - maybe)

Han could be an awesome Hoth resculpt, actually kind of necessary considering the Hoth Hans offered in our collection:

-hood down, hat on - when he always had either both on, or neither in the movie (the hat is on under his hood in the film).

-w. TaunTaun, a very hard to find beast assortment for the 3 3/4"

What could we possibly want or need with another Chewie?

-Mechanic is the right height and perfect sculpt.
-Bespin Escape is accessory loaded and a great sculpt too
-the 25th Anniversary is not too poseable, but has the bowcaster.
-gas masks are available in the Hoth accessory pack.

"The EU Death-of-Chewbacca" figure from the Chewie comics would make an awesome heroic and battle-wounded sculpt of my very first favorite SW character, but inspite of being a Chewbacca fan - I think enough is enough!

1995 - original modern Chewie
1996 - Snoova Disguise
1997- Death Star Disguise
1998 - Chewie in Chains
1998 - Mynock Hunt
1999 - Hoth Chewie
2000 - Dejerrik Champion Chewie
2001 - Mechanic
2002 - 25th Anniversary
2002 - Bespin Escape

OK, I know - keep the main characters available.... but how about the Senator from Kashyyyk for a Wookiee figure? It'd be about time!

Lord Tenebrous
09-20-2002, 09:40 AM
Well, at the very least, they represent an under-represented Classic nitche. And Hoth is the one world plagued by rehash. Two fresh sculpts will be a good sign.

Of course, looking at the Action Fleet AT-AT, I don't know if I want Hasbro messing with a snow coating on Chewie. But Han (Hoth) will be welcome. As is the rumored Snowtrooper.

As for the Younglings, I wish that Hasbro would have done two separate packs of Younglings (50/50 mix). If you really like that Youngling with Yoda, how many extra will you buy for that one kid? But hopefully the one with him will be alien, and the 2-pack will be one boy and one girl who look fairly generic with their blast shields on.

DahrJin
09-20-2002, 10:16 AM
What about the upcoming Saga Boba Fett?

Will we see a newer sculpt or just a repainted Version of the Prieview Jango?

Personally, if Hasbro's going to rerelese POTJ figures as new Saga figures, I'd like to see them slap the 300th Fett sculpt on a Saga card. Now that would be something to look forward to.

Tycho
09-20-2002, 10:19 AM
Yes. It does depend on who the youngling figure is of - and how generic he can be made to look. Recall that you can use 2 of each: one helmet on, the other off - though in the movie, the removal of helmets is a uniform proceedure.

Meanwhile, the figure may be useful for Episode 3, though the actual youngling would have grown into a (very) young teen by that time. (if it is 4 years later).

Jayspawn
09-20-2002, 10:56 AM
I'm pretty stoked about upcoming Younglings. Another Yoda is always welcome. I don't care much for another Han and Chewy, unless its a Hoth Han. I think we had our fill of Chewys. Another Boba Fett is about due. Probably a Triligy Boba than a 'Clones' version (please Hasbro make a new sculpt!).

Rogue II
09-20-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I'm pretty stoked about upcoming Younglings. Another Yoda is always welcome. I don't care much for another Han and Chewy, unless its a Hoth Han. I think we had our fill of Chewys. Another Boba Fett is about due. Probably a Triligy Boba than a 'Clones' version (please Hasbro make a new sculpt!).

The Chewbacca and Han are both supposed to be Hoth versions. I wasn't too crazy about the first version of Hoth Chewy. I'm suprised they are making a 2nd attempt.

Boba Fett is supposed to be from ROTJ. He will have "quick draw" action from what I've read.

Beast
09-20-2002, 12:24 PM
Yes, the Han and Chewie are supposed to be Hoth versions, according to the early retailer lists. I like the idea of re-sculpts of those two. Since the original Han: Hoth and Chewie: Hoth were both pretty crappy. If they make Han look good, and Chewie's the correct scale with a decent looking snow effect, I'll definatly be overjoyed by the two figures. :)

Boba Fett is from ROTJ and has quick draw action, going by the early retailer lists. He was listed as Jabba's Palace in those retailer lists, so it should be the ROTJ version of his armor. It would be nice if they used the 300th Fett as a basis for the new figure. Just some different arms, and a few other things. :)

I'm betting that the Youngling w/ Yoda will be Liam, since Yoda interacts with him and he's also seen in the Library talking to Jocasta Nu. I'm praying that Hasbro will do what they did with the ERS and do variant heads on the Youngling 2-packs. As for accesssories, I'm sure they will come with lightsabers, seeker balls, and helmets. Would be nice to see the map reader as well, but I doubt it would happen. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

corporal AMF
09-20-2002, 01:37 PM
Well maybe finally we'll get a relaxe yoda who rest over his cane, who can be used for other scenes as talking in Palpatine's office or in the senate, as well when aboard the gunship....

evenflow
09-20-2002, 01:37 PM
The Yoda with Youngling sounds really cool. We do not need another Han or Chewie.

I am curious as to who the Jedi Padawan 2-pack will be?

corporal AMF
09-20-2002, 01:38 PM
Also there you'll see two alien Jedi kids that are actually very cool

corporal AMF
09-20-2002, 01:49 PM
Also you may see that there are at least 4 different colours of jedi's ropes on this kids, so variations are very posible

Rogue II
09-20-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
The Yoda with Youngling sounds really cool. We do not need another Han or Chewie.

I am curious as to who the Jedi Padawan 2-pack will be?

It is a "Hoth" Han Solo. We definatly need this figure. The early POTF2 version is bad, especially when you compare it to the detail they have put in more recent figures.

Chewie....well, I'm going to hold off on protecting this figure. The POTF2 Hoth Chewbacca wasn't pretty. He looks like he was with the Ghostbusters when they took down the Stay Puft Marshmello Man.

The Overlord Returns
09-20-2002, 01:56 PM
Well...atleast the Boba Fett will hold his gun in both hands....going by the quick draw scene itself....

thats a good thing.

Beast
09-20-2002, 01:59 PM
I hope the Hoth Chewie will look more like snow, and less like he fell into a vat of frosting. He is a needed re-sculpt though since that version is the old "short" Chewbacca. Now we need a correct scaled Boushh's Bounty Chewie, and we're pretty much set. Unless in a couple years they wanna do a "Trash Compacter Chewie." :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-20-2002, 02:03 PM
I wonder what Chewie's pack-in would be? A snowy stand? pieces of the Probe Droid, after it's self destructed?

Beast
09-20-2002, 02:07 PM
Hopefully they atleast pack in his Bowcaster. I know he doesn't use it in that scene, but it's still the definative Chewbacca weapon. It's really to bad that he only uses it once in the entire OT, but he still needs it. Maybe they will finally make his bandolier a seperate part of him. People have been asking for that for ages. If IG-88 can have it, then Chewie deserves it also. A stand would be another cool pack in. Or maybe some Probe Droid debris. Guess we'll have to wait and see. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
09-20-2002, 03:38 PM
I was just going to say that i don't care as long as he has a removable bandolier and satchel and articulated knees and arms. If they do the windswept fur blowing off to one side and make him scene specific exact I'll bloody scream. I can deal with windswept a la the flashback version because if they add white snow flecks I can paint them out. I can't be doing with Chewbacca Hoth comb-over though.
My guess is that they were glad at heart at how well the bespin resculpt was taken and will use that as a base for the new one. Which will mean once again that the bandolier and satchel will be molded on. :rolleyes: *starts praying immediately to the gods of wishful thinking*

Han Hoth just needs redoing so he doesn't look like some kind of halfwit. That POTF2 version was dreadful. No doubt he'll have some sort of action feature to do with firing his blaster at the probe droid. If it's subtle I'll deal with it but I just hope they leave at least one figure un-mutilated.

Padawan Jedi, should be the interesting alien ones but it'll probably include one human. I'd prefer all alien ones. I'm betting that they'll choose the Togrutan one and the Nikto one and never do the Whiphid one. The human one will either be Jack or is it J K Burtola? is he the same character or is there two with names beginning with J? I'd prefer the cute Mari Amethist if they do a human one. Cute little face she's got makes me just want to reach out and pinch her cheeks.... :D she is, she's cute as a button....... :sur:

Rogue II
09-20-2002, 04:45 PM
mmmmm, chocolate chip wookies with frosting.

Well, he will obviously come with his bowcaster. I wonder if a probe droid could be considered an accessory.

Han should get his blaster and the scanner accessory from K-3PO.

Hopefully, they both will come with connectable "snow covered stands" or something similar to the stand that comes with the Tusken Raider.

QLD
09-20-2002, 04:48 PM
I can't help but think of Rick Moranis in SPaceballs when I see those kids wearing their helmets.

Beast
09-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Never say "obviously" when it comes to Hasbro. Look at Luke: X-Wing (POTJ), Chewbacca (Saga), and Darth Vader (Commtech), to see that they don't always include the charecters signature weapon, if it's not used in the scene it's based on. It would be a shame though, if they didn't include the bowcaster with this Chewie. I don't want to wait for "Endor" Chewie, just to get his Bowcaster. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
09-20-2002, 05:08 PM
Good point Jar Jar.

If they are going to put a snow effect on this Chewbacca, would you still want a removeable bandolier? If you use him in any other scene, he is going to look like he has some bad dandruff.

Oh, the pains of scene specific figures.

Jek Porky 2002
09-20-2002, 05:12 PM
I hope that the Yoda figure Does lean on his cane, but I've got a feeling that it's going to be the Jedi Council Yoda that we've seen lately with Liam because he actually speaks to Liam in the movie, (that was the point where everyone in the theatre started going "did he just call that kid Liam?", or "Did he just say Liam?")

Anyway, I think that the two-pack will be Mari Amithest and JK Burtola, because they are the most popular Bear Clan memebers, but it could be one grown up Apprentice from the Arena and a child, but you never know with Hasbro!

JEDIpartner
09-20-2002, 06:17 PM
I think it WILL be the J.C. Yoda... I can't see them producing another Yoda so soon after that one.

Lord Tenebrous
09-20-2002, 07:06 PM
It doesn't have to be though. Yoda's twice as popular as Jango, and takes half the materials, so Hasbro's out to take advantage of that.

Battle Droid
09-20-2002, 07:09 PM
It better not be the Jedi Council Yoda.

InsaneJediGirl
09-20-2002, 07:31 PM
I hope they break the Jedi Yougnglings down like this:

Girl Youngling/Yoda
Boy Youngling/Alien Youngling

That way..nearly everyone will be happy.We basically get all the children in the room,and hopefully they will be generic looking,to a point of course.:D

A new Hoth Han was in order..I'm not sure about a Chewie though,I hate when they gave him windswept hair.

bigbarada
09-20-2002, 08:16 PM
I'm glad we are getting a new Chewie and Han Hoth, that's some of the most promising news about 2003 I have heard thus far.

As for the Youglings, the only one I really want are the Whipid, Togruta and Nikto kids. I'm not really too interested in yet another human child action figure (unless it is the clone child with headset). They should all come with removable helmets and mini-lightsabers.

BTW, did anyone notice that the Togruta girl was using that little Ep1 Jedi Roleplaying Lightsaber as a prop?

pthfnder89
09-20-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I'm betting that the Youngling w/ Yoda will be Liam, since Yoda interacts with him and he's also seen in the Library talking to Jocasta Nu.

JarJar, are you sure about that? All of the Bear Clan kids were around 4-6 years old, but the young padawan whom Jocasta Nu speaks to after Obi Wan is around 11-13 (which is consistant with how old George Lucas's son is)

Beast
09-20-2002, 11:20 PM
I thought they were the same kid, I may have to wait for the DVD. Though I swear that someone said that that was the same kid from both scenes. Either way, since Yoda actually mentions Liam by name, I bet he'll be the one packed with Yoda. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

thespar
09-21-2002, 02:37 PM
give us all alien jedi children we need more alien jedi's.

QLD
09-21-2002, 03:20 PM
I haven't seen this many people excited about little kids since last time I went to a Michael Jackson concert. :crazed:

Beast
09-21-2002, 03:22 PM
Atleast Yoda doesn't invite the Younglings for sleepovers in his bed. Wow, that's quite the disturbing image. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stad
09-21-2002, 07:57 PM
Just beat it!

Dar' Argol
09-21-2002, 08:03 PM
Ok guys, reel it back in here now, I wouldn't want to see this thread closed;) :D

Jargo
09-21-2002, 10:15 PM
Please sir, it was QLD, he started it.... :p

Why would you not be excited about cute baby Jedi? I mean c'mon - it's cute baby Jedi we'tre talking about here y'know? CUTE BABY JEDI!!!! Cha! You know you're gonna go ape for them..... :crazed:

2-1B
09-21-2002, 10:27 PM
I'm happier than John Wayne Gacy ! :)

See? QLD's post wasn't that bad . . .

Beast
09-21-2002, 10:32 PM
Caesar, everyone loves a clown. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
09-22-2002, 07:22 AM
I don't. Clowns is bad scary man..... :(

Jedi padawan kiddies........ baby Jedi......... baby Jedi 2-pack........ Baby Jedi and Yoda 2-pack............. :D YIPPEE MOFO!!!!! :crazed:

Darth forb1us
09-22-2002, 08:48 AM
hahaha
Comb over chewie
frosting vat chewie LOL

I would like to see a new hoth han, and bring Chewie on to, if they can do a good job on it...
The yoda and younglins will be pretty cool, I like the mentioned setup of

girl youngling/yoda (NOT JC Yoda.....)
boy youngling/alien younglin
swap the head's on the 2 pack, so that you can buy a couple packs, and have all unique younglings.