PDA

View Full Version : How I needed my ROLE PLAY LIGHTSABER - true story!!! (funny I too...I suppose)

Tycho
09-20-2002, 11:38 AM
I think you'll find this funny.

Things got pretty interesting the other day. Some
fool hit our power transformer for my street and apartment complex. He drove right into it and broke it apart and fell down this landscaped embankment we have in front of my apartments and caused the whole street to black-out!

This happened Tuesday night. Well I couldn't finish my work on my computer, and I had to run out and buy candles. (I had a few, but not exactly "Castle Dracula.") - I said it that way because the store had mostly Halloween candles *roll your eyes*

I was just coming home from the gym after my workout too - and so here I was: a bachelor with an electric oven, range, and no way to use his microwave!!! (the last part's really awful!) And I'm hungry after I exercise for sure! So I go to Denny's as it's the closest restaurant and they still had power. I had a hamburger. Then I go to the grocery store and buy candles. I can't pull into my parking lot because the police are there arresting the guy (probably for drunk driving) and the firetruck is there making sure his car's not catching fire. So I park all the way up the street
as everyone's got cars all over the place here because school just got started, and I walk back only to find I have no more matches after "x" number of summer BBQ's. That's after ranksacking my kitchen with only the light of my "Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber." (I knew I bought that for a good reason!) So it's back to the grocery store for some matches. Thank God the college store is 24 hours! OK, so then I get back and the power company is there with power tools going off at 1 o'clock in the morning trying to restore the transformer. And police are questioning witnesses and want to know if I
usually walk around with a lightsaber. Sure. Doesn't everybody? OK now. So now I'm home and I can light up my "bloody-Transylvanian-Gothic-Death- Candles" and the 8 "Magic Pumpkin" ones which were the only other ones available. Fine. Well I'd been at the gym and I'm still in my sweat clothes. I take care of myself and my home, and when I get home from the gym I go to
bed only after I clean up, shampoo and all. Well there's nothing like a shower by candlelight, right? In another situation if I had some company, it'd kind of be romantic...well I suppose that's a bubble bath, huh? NOT IN COLD WATER!!! I have an electric water heater. Sure the warm tank lasted right until I had shampoo in my hair. Next thing I know, my voice has
changed it's pitch for 24 hours!!! OK, I cope with that.

But Tuesday when we got power back, I could finally shave (with my electric razor of course), and finish my work about half a day later. Welcome to "life when you move away from home and live at college!" I thought you might enjoy that true story. Probably a little more than I did. He-he. Hah-hah. I know... but the moral of the story is - "never move out on your own unless you have a lightsaber."

I guess my night just proved what every Star Wars fan should know. Now if the police would just let me out of this psychiatric ward... - I keep telling them I don't think I'm Luke Skywalker!

Anyway, I hope you're laughing because I had to. That's life. You can't go through it without a sense of humor. And I was just kidding about that last part. I am Luke Skywalker!

-er Tycho Celchu, I mean.

"Yes Rogue Leader. I am O.K. to fly - no, seriously."

scruffziller
09-20-2002, 12:08 PM
..........or just a flashligt.

Rogue II
09-20-2002, 12:09 PM
Wow.

So you were running around town, in sweat pants, stinking, and carrying a lightsaber. Were you wearing your Pod-Racing T-Shirt as well?

And then you get home and your naughty bits shrivel up inside of you when you are taking a nice romantic shower alone.

I've had days like that too.

JediTricks
09-20-2002, 02:16 PM
Who the hell lives in Southern California without an emergency flashlight? That's barely the beginning of the basic list of essentials for an earthquake kit! (you also need emergency shoes, clothes, a thermal blanket, canned foods, a can opener, a small radio, water, and batteries for radio and flashlight) I've got a battery-powered lantern that can last over 16 hours on a single set of batteries, $20 at WM. The dang lightsaber automatically shuts off after 2 minutes. Perhaps it's just all that easy San Diego living that's made you soft... in the head. ;) :D

derek
09-20-2002, 03:44 PM
tycho,

this is why lucasfilm licesened rubies to make lightsabers. just pull the blade off and you have an actual flashlight.:)

Tycho
09-20-2002, 04:03 PM
I took the batteries out of my emergency lightsaber and used them in my lightsaber! :sur:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-20-2002, 04:18 PM
hahhahaa about a month or so ago, power went out in my apartment in columbus at about 9:30 at night...i was in my room on the net when it happened. I found my Dooku Saber and ignited that bad boy!!! Made my way around the apartment quite handy too. I went outside to converse with the neighbors about the dilemma and they were quite puzzled to see a kid in shorts, t-shirt with his neato Star Wars saber! They looked at me kinda funny, but i just smiled. hehehehehe :D

LTBasker
09-20-2002, 04:28 PM
Some years ago when my house burnt and we were moving back in, it would be the next day before we got power and stuff to the house and we only had two ways of getting light - a pitiful flashlight, and my ROTJ Luke lightsaber. We had to use that for a quite a bit to get stuff we needed out of boxes while someone else was hogging the other flash light. Oh well, if you don't have the blade out it's a pretty good flash light. :cool:

(What, you expect me to have an operating flashlight when my lightsaber needs batteries?)

Beast
09-20-2002, 04:34 PM
Our power went out once a few years ago, and we only had one candle that we could come up with. And all the flashlights were missing or dead. I'll tell you what, when you really have to use the bathroom, and someone else has the candle, that Darth Vader's Electronic Lightsaber is a lifesaver. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

InsaneJediGirl
09-20-2002, 07:12 PM
The General Mills lightsabers work great also.I used mine about a month ago when the power went out.We had flashlights,but my family was using those.Just dont turn them on constantly..or the batteries will wear out of course.

QLD
09-20-2002, 07:16 PM
I never even had a lightsaber toy until just before EPisode II. I always used X-Mas wrapping paper rolls.

Guess I am not a "true" fan.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-20-2002, 10:42 PM
Living through a power outage is like experiencing olden days, (were there wasn't a Star Wars *gasp!) before their was electricity to basically run everything in the house.

And you get a sense of how boring things were back then . . .

And how it sucks to be Amish . . .

QLD
09-21-2002, 10:59 AM
I always remember the stories we were fed in elementary school about Abe Lincoln reading by candlelight.

LTBasker
09-21-2002, 12:58 PM
I used to play Gameboy by candlelight during power outages. :D

Well it took double AA's and those we were always getting unlike the flashlight and lightsabers' C batteries.

TylerD
09-21-2002, 12:59 PM
And how it sucks to be Amish . . .

HAHAHAHAHA - ROTFLMAO!!!!

That was a good one LBC! Did you know that some Amish these days are breaking away from their traditional culture and actually....GASP....buying televisions? It's so wierd...guess THOSE type of Amish can't be called the "Plain People"

JEDIpartner
09-21-2002, 02:48 PM
I always used to think that the Amish used candles in their TV sets... then I turned Five and learnt otherwise.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-21-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by TylerD

HAHAHAHAHA - ROTFLMAO!!!!

That was a good one LBC! Did you know that some Amish these days are breaking away from their traditional culture and actually....GASP....buying televisions? It's so wierd...guess THOSE type of Amish can't be called the "Plain People"

I know that a group of people, Mennonites, that are either an offshoot of the Amish or aren't, but are nearly identical groups, are embracing our culture by buying tractors for their farms. Instead of rubber tires though, they get the steel rimmed variety.

Speaking of Amish and T.V., one of the saddest sights I was ever witness too, was the day I was at a genetics building for testing about 6 years ago. While in the waiting room I saw an Amish couple with two children. One was a boy, about 5 years old, and the other was an infant. I remember how he was staring at the television they had in the waiting room with wonder (I remember it was the Cartoon Network and they had the Godzilla cartoon on). I shall never forget the expression on his face; it was sense of amazement and enjoyment for him. The baby though had some major problem with him, though. He was coughing profusely and you could see it spewing out tons of drool or something. Probably had a serious genetic disease.