PDA

View Full Version : Some great pics of the Deluxe Wave 3 figures.

Battle Droid
09-20-2002, 02:31 PM
Clonetrooper (what's up with the Red Eyes?)

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=36

Flying Geonosian

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=35

mrmiller
09-20-2002, 02:41 PM
The Clone Trooper is awesome. Now that's a good deluxe figure, with a vehicle for crying out loud. Most of the other "Deluxe" figures are mainly just 2 packs. The regular line of figures have so many action features, you could just slap 2 of them that appear in a scene together in a package and call it deluxe.

=MATT=

JangoFart
09-20-2002, 02:43 PM
They look sweet to me!

I've seen some folks fussin' that the Geo's gun was too big, but it looks proportional to me.

Can't wait to get 'em.

And, Galaxyhunter.com sure is coming around to be a cool site.

J

evenflow
09-20-2002, 02:45 PM
I like the Clone Trooper, but i would have preferred something else than a speeder bike.

The Overlord Returns
09-20-2002, 02:50 PM
That clonetrooper is Grrrreaaat!!

I'll end up buying like twenty of the darned things.

jedi_uk73
09-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
I'll end up buying like twenty of the darned things.

LOL !!! You won't be the only one :D

Jargo
09-20-2002, 03:16 PM
I budgetted for four deluxe clonetroopers which i'm getting for the bike's, the helmets and the heads. The removable armour seems stupid and pointless to me since the guy is not likely to be removing his armour in battle aboard his bike is he?
The Geonosian with basket weaver gun and dung pile is not so hot. I'll buy him and remove his wings like the little sadist I am when it comes to bugs, but I'm really only buying for the sonic weapon. Freaky as that sounds yes I'm buying a toy for the tiny little accessory alone. I already have more than enough Geonosians and that dung pile will not be going anywhere near my displays. I may even give them to my dog to chew. But i shall be buying threee of these.

I must say that as much as I slag mike off for being a kissazz he does take an exceedingly good photo. well done that man there. :)

LTBasker
09-20-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
The removable armour seems stupid and pointless to me since the guy is not likely to be removing his armour in battle aboard his bike is he?

So far the only good point I've seen to the removeable armor is a correctly proportioned body. Except for the feet and shins, all the other Clone Troopers would have to be really skinny out of armor because it seems they scaled the armor down more than the figure itself.

Main complaint about this: Why can't be have legs that'll be articulated to reach the pedals and have pegs on those so the feet will stay there on any of the Speederbike w/ Pilot releases?

JediTricks
09-20-2002, 04:30 PM
Wouldn't these be wave 4?

Wave 1: Flipping Obi-Wan, flipping Tyranus, Electronic Jango, Mace w/ battle droid

Wave 2: Nexu, Anakin w/ Geonosian

Wave 3: Yoda w/ super battle droid, 3PO w/ battle droid

Jek Porky 2002
09-20-2002, 04:48 PM
I still think that the Clone Trooper would be more suited in a light vehicles line, but there you go.

The only one that is truely a "deluxe" figure is C-3PO, all of the others are just two packs or pointless bases with re-sculpted figures that have crappy actions!

QLD
09-20-2002, 04:51 PM
I used to never buy deluxe figures, and now I am going to resume that practice.

JEDIpartner
09-20-2002, 05:55 PM
The Clone Trooper is by FAR the best Deluxe figure that is to released. I'm still out on the Geonosian. The original one was fine as far as I was concerned, but I wish the original had the sonic blaster. That hive thing is kinda silly. Oh, well.

The new Anakin... that one hasn't a bad face sculpt, but the rest of it is useless... like the other two flipping figures.

Battle Droid
09-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Here's some other good pics of the Clonetrooper, some nice compairing pics with the Biker Scout Speederbike, the Clonetrooper Speederbike looks alot different & better.

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=9968

Old Fossil
09-20-2002, 07:33 PM
That Geonosian actually looks pretty cool. I don't care for 'em, the characters or the figures, but I might buy one of these. It looks like it might actually be able to stand up on its own. I also like the idea of it emerging from the hive, like a new wasp wriggling out of its...whatever those things are.

bigbarada
09-20-2002, 08:01 PM
I was really hoping they would fix the footpedals and put the bike on a clear plastic stand, this way it wouldn't have that drooping problem. Oh well, my Speeder Bike from this set will spend all of it's time in the Gunship. That Clonetrooper is what I really want. I know they never took their armor off in the movie, but it is a welcome extra bit of play value.

Darth forb1us
09-21-2002, 09:32 AM
The CT is sweet, his feet not making the peddles, and the lack of the clear stand is a minus, but he is still great.
the only thing I dislike on the Geonosian, is his wings folded "forward" they look as if they are holding him up, and why are they that far forward?

The Overlord Returns
09-22-2002, 01:25 PM
The great thing about the rem. armour is that he now looks like he did in the film...like someone wearing ARMOUR!!

I hated that about the first two clones.....they look to skinny.