PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Rumor List/2003 Confirmation List Comparison

Beast
09-20-2002, 11:58 PM
As I kept seeing the figures that Galactic Hunter posted of rumored figures showing up as true, I realized that there list is probably very accurate for what we'll see in 2003. Let's look at what was rumored, and what was confirmed. Looks like their list may end up to be 100% accurate. I'm posting the whole list, but we don't have any confirmations beyond figures so far. Well, we have seen 12" Plo Koon prototype pics. There are a couple figures that Hasbro confirmed, that are missing from the list. :)

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=22&zoneid=7

Basic Figures:
Anakin Skywalker with mechanical arm and super articulation
Flying R2-D2
Han Solo Hoth
Chewbacca Hoth
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight (ROTJ)
Darth Vader (ROTJ)
Padme Amidala Wedding Gown
Yoda with Jedi Child
Jedi Youngling 2-pack
Coleman Trebor
Wat Tambor
Aayla Secura
Yoda (Clone Wars)
Kit Fisto (Clone Wars)
Boba Fett with Quick Draw Action (ROTJ)
Jocasta Nu and Droid 2 Pack
Bail Organa
Snowtrooper
Lama Su

Unleashed:
Yoda
Slave Leia

Misc:
C-3PO and R2-D2 Holiday Set with base and Christmas Card (Fan Club)
Screen Scene Luke and Leia (Trash Compactor)
Screen Scene Han Solo and Chewbacca (Trash Compactor)

Deluxe:
Battle Droid 3 Pack (Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid)
Spider Droid (AOTC)

Vehicles:
Tank Droid (AOTC)
Anakin Skywalker with Speederbike
Count Dooku with Speederbike
Sandcrawler
Slave I (ESB deco)
TIE Bomber in Refresh Saga Packaging

12"" Figures:
Saesee Tiin (Fan Club)
Plo Koon (Fan Club)
Han Solo with Gunner Station

Action Fleet:
Slave I
Snowspeeder

Some of these items were already found on retailer order sheets as reported earlier by Rebelscum. We also would like to throw out the disclaimer that none of these items have been officially confirmed by Hasbro, so things can change and get postponed, cancelled, recycled, buried, stir-fried...you get the picture. But if this forecast stays true, it looks like we can expect a lot more Star Wars plastic goodness for 2003!
Confirmed:
Anakin Skywalker with mechanical arm and super articulation
Flying R2-D2
Han Solo Hoth
Chewbacca Hoth
Yoda with Jedi Child
Jedi Youngling 2-pack
Aayla Secura
Jocasta Nu and Droid 2 Pack (Maybe Jocasta is coming seperatly now?)
Boba Fett with Quick Draw Action (ROTJ)
Lama Su

Confirmed - Not on GH's List:
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Acklay Battle
Mace Windu: Arena Confrontation
Darth Tyranus: Geonosian Escape
Padmé Amidala: Droid Factory Chase
Tusken Raider: Tatooine Camp Ambush
Barriss Offee: Jedi Padawan

Still Rumored But Likely:
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight (ROTJ)
Darth Vader (ROTJ)
Padme Amidala Wedding Gown
Coleman Trebor
Wat Tambor
Yoda (Clone Wars)
Kit Fisto (Clone Wars)
Bail Organa
Snowtrooper

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
09-21-2002, 12:23 AM
I wait in hope for Coleman Trebor.

sicqnus
09-21-2002, 12:41 AM
The upcomming droids 2-pack will come separatly than Jocasta Nu.
These two droïds are the Jedi Library droïds as seen in a deleted scene to be added on the DVD.

Beast
09-21-2002, 12:45 AM
Yep, the 2-pack is just the droids. I was just listing the rumors, and left a question mark as to whether or not they will release her on a card seperatly. She would definatly be a nice addition to the line. The analysis droids are on the DVD, but as a deleted scene. For the record they are named, SP-4 & JN-66. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
09-21-2002, 12:57 AM
JarJar, I thought today we will see the series 2 pics. Where are they?

Prince Xizor
09-21-2002, 02:03 AM
Where's Poggle?

Beast
09-21-2002, 02:15 AM
Poggle the Lesser has not shown up on any reliable lists from Hasbro, retailers, or websites. While he is definatly a likely figure for 2003, he's nothing more then fanboy dreams at the moment. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TylerD
09-21-2002, 02:21 AM
Anything that is a COMPLETELY new figure (no previous likeness) will please me!

Chiesa
09-21-2002, 04:17 AM
Yes yes... Coleman!! I want to get my hands on ya!! hahaha

I too am hoping for the rest of the still rumoured but likely list to be definite!! I've great faith that it will be!!

JJB... I heard mention of Hasbro releasing more new 2003 pics at the end of the week... Its Sat and I'm getting all impatient already!!

Cheers
:crazed:

Beast
09-21-2002, 04:24 AM
Well Monday they will showcase the new 12" figures of Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala, and the Geonosian Warrior. Tuesday is supposed to be the premire of 2 new vehicles and the Wal-Mart Holiday Droids 2-Pack. I hope we'll be shown more figure pics next week, but I'm not going to bet on it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chiesa
09-21-2002, 04:28 AM
Thanks JarJar... Seems like these things always get delayed... I hate it! They say it will be released in the week but always ends up being delayed... All that anticipation build up!! ARGHHH

"I hate 'em.... I hate 'em... " whine and pout like Anakin after he killed the Tuskens :D :D :D :D

Also I always thought that Bariss Offee was also in line to come out.... SIGH SIGH...

Cheers
:crazed:

patchiswelsh
09-21-2002, 04:28 AM
where are the new pics???
:'(

Chiesa
09-21-2002, 04:46 AM
Patience my fellow padawan!! Soon soon... Patience...

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate... leads to the dark side!!" Yoda

Cheers
:crazed::crazed::crazed::crazed:

Geonosian
09-21-2002, 06:11 AM
I HOPE ITS ANAKIN WITH HIS SPEEDER.

Jargo
09-21-2002, 08:23 AM
The Jocasta Nu issue is one that arose from the fact that the droid is caled JN-66 which could have been the designated number for Jocasta. It would have been reasonable to assume that her listing would be something like [#66] madame Jocasta Nu: Jedi custodian or something to that effect.
Now that we know the droids are coming as a 2-pack though it means that goes out of the window. :)

I'd still like a mad jocasta Nu figure though. For a start her costume is great and secondly she really freaked me out when i watched the movie the first time. She's mad as a spoon she is. :D

SuperBattleDroid88
09-21-2002, 10:23 AM
That SBD and BD 3-pack sounds awesome!
It's like a army bulider pack witch I wouldn't mind having a couple of!!!!!!!!!! :)

Beast
09-21-2002, 01:11 PM
Agreed, I like the idea of the SBD, BD, DD 3-pack. Great for army builders that don't want to have to buy a ton of single carded figures of each. Plus at the deluxe price point of 9.99 or so, you actually save money over buying the three figures seperatly. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-21-2002, 01:14 PM
Hopefully the SBD & BD are new sculps.

Beast
09-21-2002, 01:21 PM
I don't mind if they use previously avaliable figures with a bit of retooling. A modified version of the Super Battle Droid from the Yoda Deluxe set. The Battle Droid from the Target Arena Accessory set. And the Destroyer Droid from the cancelled Jar Jar Binks vs. Destroyer Droid 2-Pack. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-21-2002, 01:22 PM
I don't like the Arena set one, it has no back pack.

thespar
09-21-2002, 01:44 PM
thanks for the update jar jar hopeful soem of the other figures waiting to be made what look as bad as that no mace coming up.

JEDIpartner
09-21-2002, 01:59 PM
I'd still like a mad jocasta Nu figure though. For a start her costume is great and secondly she really freaked me out when i watched the movie the first time. She's mad as a spoon she is. :D

"Kamino... KaMEEEEEE-no..."

I'm really liking the list of figures coming for next year. THis should be a fun year considering they are going for some badly needed rescuplts and some nice new "lesser" charachers. Speaking of "Lesser"... Poggle, anyone?

Beast
09-21-2002, 02:02 PM
Agreed JP. The only figure so far that I don't really care for is Mace Windu. But I'll withhold judgment totally on the figure until I see the final version, and I see how well the action feature works. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
09-21-2002, 02:06 PM
Well... Mace looks a bit like a rehash of the Nikto Jedi figure with a Mace Windu head on it... I wasn't too impressed by the limited articulation of that figure and it looks as thought this one will promise more of the same.

Chiesa
09-21-2002, 02:29 PM
The new one is promised to have more articulated arms or something like that if I'm not wrong...

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-21-2002, 05:44 PM
I think the thing on Mace's back controls his arms, but it will probably be really screwy.
What is the need for a new Vader???

Beast
09-21-2002, 05:48 PM
Yes, the little stick on his back controls Mace's arms. Hasbro did somthing similar in it's ALIENS figure line. I'm hoping that the stick is removable from his back when your not playing with him. :)

The need of a new Vader, is a new accuratly scaled Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet. And that is what we are supposed to be getting. Hopefully he has a ton of articulation, and the two piece removable helmet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
09-21-2002, 05:52 PM
well....i think this is all great! hopefully the unleashed yoda can have a floor segment that hooks on or something to unleahed dookus floor segment. that way they can kind of interact so to speak...yoda can have a removable hand...one with the force lightning deflection and one with the lightsaber. does this sound totally out of there, or does this sound good???
h

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-22-2002, 04:52 PM
Oh, why didn't I think about a new Vader with removable helmet?

Hango, that sounds possible. :)

Beast
09-22-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
Oh, why didn't I think about a new Vader with removable helmet?
That's about the only thing I possibly think it could be. The figure is listed as a Darth Vader (ROTJ), and Luke SKywalker: Jedi Knight (ROTJ) is listed as well. Since they pretty much have done anything else possible from ROTJ, I would have to go with the rumors saying that it's a removable helmet version. Hopefully both the Vader and Luke will have tons of articulation, similar to Luke: Bespin. Nice to finally see a new version of Luke Jedi, maybe they will finally make up for the less then great Luke Jedi's from the past. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chiesa
09-22-2002, 10:41 PM
I kind of certainly hope so... It would be nice to finally see a well articulated Luke Jedi!!! I seriously doubt Hasbro can make the Luke Jedi any worse... or can they? :D:D:D

Beast
09-22-2002, 10:52 PM
Depends on which version of Luke: Jedi your talking about, any worse then the POTF2 high-heeled version? Not possible, even if they give him a gimmick he'll still be a better figure. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
09-23-2002, 02:09 AM
When will we see Lama Su ect ect?

Chiesa
09-23-2002, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
When will we see Lama Su ect ect?

My guess is as good as anybody here on the forums I guess... Perhaps at the end of the yr in December... :):):):)

Cheers...

mylow thehutt
09-23-2002, 02:57 PM
When do you think the other pics will be up for the figs?

Beast
09-23-2002, 04:14 PM
Well, 4 more things on the rumor list was confirmed today by Hasbro. So this list is panning out pretty well, and hopefully everything on it becomes a reality next year. As Jargo and I agreed in the 2003 Wal-Mart exclusive thread, 2003 is looking rosey. :)

Confimed:
Screen Scene Luke and Leia (Trash Compactor)
Screen Scene Han Solo and Chewbacca (Trash Compactor)

Anakin Skywalker with Speederbike
Count Dooku with Speederbike

Other then the original rumors placing Luke w/ Leia and Han w/ Chewbacca, it was totally right. We may have to wait until Toy Fair to see how many more figures are correct though. But judging what we have so far, I'm going to consider the list 100% accurate. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-23-2002, 04:17 PM
Are those the only Screen Scenes that have been rumored?

6 Jedi Council Screen Scenes would be cool (each coming with 2 Council Mems. with chairs.), hook them all together to make the Council room.

Beast
09-23-2002, 04:20 PM
No, there is a rumor of a Obi-Wan and Jango Fett - Kamino Screen Scene. But that wasn't on this list, so I'm not to sure how true the rumors are in that case. It would be nice though, if the Obi-Wan is given the wet look. Though I would prefer they didn't do Jango again that way. I want him in his Kamino Apartment Jammies, not in his armor. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-23-2002, 04:24 PM
Cool, hopefully it'll be a Wal-Mart exclusive also, and not exclusive to some store not in my area.

hukilu
09-24-2002, 10:30 AM
I would like to know there has been no mention of the any type of Nightclub packs - that were originally rumored as Walmart Exclusives similar to the Cantina Sets?

Also I would put good money that the following will be the two pack:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/imageattack/2002/09/imageattack20020904.html

evenflow
09-24-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
6 Jedi Council Screen Scenes would be cool (each coming with 2 Council Mems. with chairs.), hook them all together to make the Council room.

That would be totally awesome. I would love to see that.

I would also love to see a Jabba the Hutt scene with of course Jabba & Yarna D'al gargan

Chiesa
09-24-2002, 02:00 PM
I'm not too keen on a ObiWann and Jango Kamino Screen Scene unless its the one where they are in the room... And Jango is in his PJs... I think if it is otherwise... I won't be looking forward to it unless they can throw in lots of other cool new ascesories...

Cheers...

Beast
09-24-2002, 03:37 PM
The Nightclub packs probably ended up falling thru, and have been put on hold. So Hasbro owes Wal-Mart an exclusive, which is probably why they are getting the Trash Compactor sets. Kinda sucks, as I was hoping for my Lieutenant Faytonni and Achk Med-Beq. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hukilu
09-24-2002, 04:35 PM
That would be unfortunate if the Nightclub packs fall thru. I was looking forward to Sleazbago (Sp? mouse from Matrix). I really enjoyed that scene. And well for anyone who makes figure comic strips or scenes they will say that we are in great need of extra SW women figs and the nightclub would make some excellent additions.

mylow thehutt
09-29-2002, 11:59 AM
Any one know if Dooku's saber hilt is metal and if the blad in removable?

Beast
10-16-2002, 05:17 PM
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight (ROTJ) has been confirmed by Hasbro during their recent UK Chat. So mark another figure off GH's rumor list that has been confirmed. :)

Jedi Gary wants to know: "Are there going to be new versions of older figures. As it would be great to see a new saga collection Jedi Luke"

Nick R said: Evening Jedi Gary - yes there will. I can confirm that there will be a Luke Skywalker figure from the Return of the Jedi.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
10-16-2002, 07:16 PM
Don't forget that the schedule for these new figures to start showing up as confirmed by Nick Rabin is:

David Brown wants to know: "Will the recently announced 2003 3 and 3/4 inch figures be available in the UK, and if so when?"

Nick R said: Hi David - the first 6 figures in collection 1 will be available in February and the first 6 figures in collection 2 will also be available at that time

Adam wants to know: "How many vehicles are planned for next year?"

Nick R said: Hi Adam - there is a great range of vehicles lined up for next year. These include further vehicles from Episode 2 plus some refreshed vehicles from Classic Star Wars Range....

...many of these are examples of US customer exclusives that we will be bringing into the main Hasbro UK range.

So going by that the plans to re-release older vehicles is still afoot. Slave-1 and the jedi stargfighter repackages and the tie bomber and the sandcrawler and the geonosian fighter and gunship repackage. there's going to be a lot of vehicles next year that some will moan about because they aren't new. Well I'm not going to be selfish and decry them if it means those people new to collecting since TPM can get hold of stuff more readily and all the kids who won't have the older toys can get them if they want them. I think it's a cool move and much more in keeping with the Kenner ethos.

marcusfett
10-19-2002, 07:04 AM
Is there any word on whether or not a figure of Poggle the Lesser is planned for next year? Think about how cool Poggle would be! He'd come with his cane and the holographic Death Star plans. We've already got like 56 versions of Jango, why can't we have a Poggle?

evenflow
10-19-2002, 07:50 AM
That is the question asked many times, "Why can't we have (insert random name)?" Just the way it is, sad but true.