PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Star Case that a AOTC Deluxe set will fit into?

Turbowars
09-22-2002, 12:55 AM
Is there a Star Case that the deluxe sets will fit into? I heard that the Starting Line up sets are about the same size. Does Hasbro make SL?

stad
09-22-2002, 01:09 AM
Hasbro does, or at least did, make Starting Lineups until the line was cancelled last year.

Turbowars
09-22-2002, 01:17 AM
Thanks Stad, that answers one question. There has to be someone here that has at least tried it.

2-1B
09-22-2002, 01:59 AM
Can't say for certain,
but I DID see a guy selling the Masters of the Darkside 2 pack in a case, I think it said Starting Lineup on the bottom corner.

Might that piece be similar in size to the AOTC Deluxe sets ? :confused:

JangoFart
09-22-2002, 02:19 AM
I have all of my Deluxe carded figures in cases. Some, like the Nexu and the EP1 Electronics, will only fit in Protech's SLU 3 cases. All other regular sized ones will fit in the regular SLU case by Protech. If you are in the market, I recommend you check out:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/neuwheels

Send an email to John there and ask if he has any.

However, I personally prefer the Protector SLU cases by Jake's Toy Chest at www.jakestoychest.com

They are more sturdy and don't have that damn "Starting Line Up" insignia to sully your Star Wars figure :)

Hope that helps.

J

Turbowars
09-22-2002, 10:43 AM
Thanks alot JangoFart, you have been a great help. Jake is out of stock until Nov 20th on the SLU's. Do the Deluxe fit in the SLU cases well, I mean do that fit like they were designed for them? What about the SLU3 for Nexu? Does he fit well also?

JangoFart
09-22-2002, 12:19 PM
The Deluxes fit perfectly into the SLU's - just like they were designed for them. The Nexu and other FAT ones, Luke Bacta, don't fit into the SLU 3's as well, but they fit well enough. (The SLU 3's are the perfect width, but they are about 1/2 inch too tall for the Deluxe cards. But, they will keep your stuff protected and straight.

Also, the old SOTE 2-packs (Vader/Xizor and Fett/IG-88) fit perfectly in the "Doubles" cases sold by Jakes. Check 'em out.

J

JangoFart
09-22-2002, 12:54 PM
The good thing about Jake's SLU's is that they fit damn-near everything not on the standard card. All of the POTF2, EP1, POTJ, and Saga Deluxes fit into them. (Except the obviously huge ones like the Luke Bacta, Nexu, etc. But, as I recall, in the whole series of Deluxes, there's only like 4 that won't fit.) That means that the new deluxes from Target, the Yoda, the 3PO; they all fit great.

I have gotten creative and put the Princess Leia Collection in SLU cases - height of card is perfect, almost an inch too narrow, though; the Vader/Luke 2-Pack from the board game - turn it sideways, it fits and looks great; EP1 Maul Trophy series - nearly an identical card to the Leia ones.

I'll post a couple of shots to show you how they look.

In this pic, you can see the Arena and Death Star accessory sets and the Yoda deluxe fit great. (BTW: it's impossible to not get a glare w/ those cases :( )

J

JangoFart
09-22-2002, 12:57 PM
This one shows the front of the Luke Bacta in one of the SLU3's.

J

JangoFart
09-22-2002, 12:59 PM
And in this one you can see the Luke/Vader 2-Pack, Maul Trophy, and Leia Collection.

J

JangoFart
09-22-2002, 01:53 PM
Oh yeah, the SLU Protectors also hold the Cantina folks.

J

Turbowars
09-22-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by JangoFart
Oh yeah, the SLU Protectors also hold the Cantina folks.

J Thanks a million JangoFart. You have been a great help and thanks for the photos, it's nice to see that they fit. On the Leia 2 packs, you say they are too narrow. Does that mean the card get bent, or did I take you wrong?

JangoFart
09-22-2002, 03:26 PM
Nope, just the opposite - the card is too narrow for a flush fit in the case. In other words, the case is too wide for the card for a flush fit. So, it will fit in there just fine - just has about 1/2 inch slack in width. (Which is, of course, better than the card being too wide for the case.)

The only figures I can't find cases to protect are the F/X series from POTF2 and the Gunner Stations from POTF2. Other than that, as I recall, all of my k-rap is in cases.

J

Turbowars
09-22-2002, 03:33 PM
Great! Man I don't even know where I have put my F/X stuff. That's ok about them not fitting. There not that great anyways. I opened FX R2 a long time ago and he still works! He's better than the AOTC R2, at least the FX R2's light is a true Red, For some reason that really bothers me that the AOTC R2's light is orange.;)

JangoFart
09-22-2002, 05:00 PM
I remember about a year ago, I whipped out every one of my figures and measured their cards for the purpose of finding cases that will fit them. I measured the different styles of cards and wrote down the measurements.

If you like, I'll look for that document and post the specs here so you can know exactly what you're looking for in a case.

Let me know.

J

Turbowars
09-22-2002, 05:32 PM
Sure if it's no trouble. I mean you have already shown me proof that they fit. Thanks, you have been more than helpful!

JangoFart
09-22-2002, 06:26 PM
OK, found it. All measurements are in inches.

All Deluxe figures have 7 7/8 (W) x 8 7/8 (H) cards. This includes ALL deluxe figures. They only differ in terms of depth; i.e., how fat of a bubble they have. For instance, MOST deluxe figures have bubbles which are 2 3/4(D). However, the fat ones (Flash Cannon, Luke Bacta, Nexu) have bubbles which are 3 1/8(D).

So, you'll need far more regular SLU cases than SLU3's. (Plus the SLU3's have more height than needed, but still hold the bigguns)

The SOTE 2-packs (Vader/Xizor and Fett/IG-88) measure 9 9/8(W) x 12(H) x 2 5/8(D). The only cases I've seen to hold these are the SLU "Doubles" cases. Perfect fit!

The POTF2 Power F/X critters measure 7 7/8(W) x 12(H) x 3(D). I have yet to find a case which will hold these, as they are so damn tall and narrow. (However, if you find something that'll hold Shrek figures, it'll hold these.)

The POTF2 Escape the Death Star game 2-pack measures 8 1/8(W) x 6 7/8(H) x 1 7/8(D). It fits great sideways in the SLU case.

The POTF2 Gunner Stations measure 7 7/8(W) x 11(H) x 3 1/8(D). I have yet to find a case to hold these.

The POTF2 Leia 2-packs measure 7(W) x 8 7/8(H) x 1 7/8(D). They fit, although not as snug as I'd like, in the SLU cases. Nearly identical measurements for the EP1 Trophy Maul.

The POTJ Wookiee that game with whichever board game that was measures 3 1/2(W) x 6 1/2(H) x 1 1/4(D) and fits fine enough in a HotWheels or MatchBox case. (Same for the foreign mini-figures that came out for EP1.)

That's all I know. Let me know if you come across any cases that'll hold the ones I don't have cases for.

J

JangoFart
09-30-2002, 11:29 PM
For those who give a rat's, the new WEG-1618 figure and it's HUGE bubble will BARELY fit in a Star Case 2.

"Look at the size of that melon! It's got its own weather system!"

That bleepity-bleepin' bubble is AT LEAST 3/4 of an inch too deep for that figure.

J

rynobot
10-01-2002, 01:01 AM
Brians Toys sell star cases for deluxe figures.