PDA

View Full Version : New variation of Dexter Jettster???

palpatine
09-22-2002, 01:54 AM
Has anyone seen this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1769645851

Thrawn says it is the rarest variation, I wonder what it's worth?

Beast
09-22-2002, 02:07 AM
This should be in the Error/Variation forum, but until it's moved I'll tell you what I think. I wouldn't call it a variation. If you really wanna stretch the terms it might be an error. All it is, is that when they changed the cards over to no backgrounds and the stickered insert, one of the older unstickered inserts was loaded into the card.

I am sure there is alot more then one Dexter like this floating around. It's similar to the fact you can find both versions of R2-D2 on background and non-background cards. It's a commen mistake that can happen and is worth no more then the normal non-insert Dexter Jettster. Thrawn's known to often make mountain out of molehill comments in regards to so-called variants and errors. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JangoFart
09-22-2002, 02:23 AM
True enough, JarJar. But, I have the Dex w/ the background and pipe text and I've never come across one like this.

I don't think it would technically qualify as an error b/c it is something that enjoyed SOME manner of production run which was then changed. (Albeit not in the intended order of progression.)

I think this is an intriguing variation and shouldn't be dismissed so easily. There certainly are others; but it's a rarity nonetheless.

J

JangoFart
09-22-2002, 02:25 AM
Also, two bits says the dude who made this thread also owns the figure. :)

Just a stab in the dark....

J

palpatine
09-22-2002, 02:25 AM
Sorry for listing that in the wrong category....I personally am not a variation collector so to me none of them are worth more than what you pay for them at the store, however, I'm not one to try to set a price on something like this but someone else who is really into variations might be interested. I've seen people on ebay pay like $30.00 for Dexter with the insert and pipe text. That appears to be more easily acquired if you are a variation collector than the variation we are talking about. I think things are alot easier to determine the price on when they end up getting listed on ebay because people actually pay money for the figure as opposed to a price guide where they just name the price it's worth. It's the old baseball card/football card argument. Price guide says a particular card is worth $50.00 but good luck trying to find someone who will actually pay $50.00 for the card.

Turbowars
09-22-2002, 10:24 AM
This is a transition variation, just like when the sabers were shortened, but packaged with the long tray. (POTF2)The OC Ben with short saber and long tray goes for $1500-$1800 and I personaly know a collector that paid this. Crazy you say, No, he just likes the rarity and has te extra cash.