PDA

View Full Version : Any Masters of the Universe fans here?

Darth Maul
09-22-2002, 03:05 PM
I like Star Wars and I buy stuff of it but I like too Masters of the Universe and I want to know if here are other fans of MOTU like me.:D

Beast
09-22-2002, 04:35 PM
There's quite a few of us here, just try the "Toy Collecting - Other" section for the discussion of the toys. Here, let me throw some links up for ya. I have all the new figures so far, except for the not yet released Mekaneck. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11180
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13469
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13682
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14073
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13567

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BoShek
09-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Collecting He-Man is so much more fun than collecting Star Wars now!!!

thespar
09-22-2002, 10:00 PM
darth maul check out he-man.org. i collect both he-man and star wars.

2-1B
09-22-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by thespar

thespar, that's an awesome website! :)
When I started getting back into MOTU, I visited there frequently and found all the info I wanted - and more!

Darth Maul
09-23-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by thespar

Thanks for the info but 'm already a member of he-man.org forums. My user name there is Louis649 if you want to talk with me and the other guys about He-man and other stuff.

And to other guys here:I'm glad to hear that here are other MOTU fans like me. He-man rules!:D

scruffziller
09-23-2002, 01:49 PM
I love the old cheesy dialougue they have put into the new series.:D

JetsAndHeels
09-23-2002, 05:14 PM
I am a MOTU fan. I watched the cartoon religiously as a kid. When I found out the toys and cartoon were being remade, I was very happy.
Being able to buy them now and watch the new series makes me feel like a kid again.

Eternal Padawan
09-24-2002, 09:53 AM
I never collected the toys when I was little (listen to me...'collected' as if I was a speculator back when I was ten, :rolleyes: ) I never HAD the toys. But all my friends did, so I got my MOTU playtime in.

Now that the new figures have started coming out, my girlfriend admitted to me that she had a bunch of them when she was little and she was a huge fan of the series.

So I bought some of the Wal-Mart figures (they come with tapes!) for her and my four year old daughter. Those old tapes are a hoot to watch! So I'm starting to collect these. I've got Mer-Man, Stratos, Man-At-Arms, Beast-Man, and Iron Cross He-Man! I even picked up a Panthor ( I always liked the old velvety version!)

They are wayyyy more interesting than the SW crap Hasbro is churning out.

ROLLO!

Darth Nihilus
09-26-2002, 11:38 AM
Just out of curiosity, who here does post at He-Man.Org? It seems a lot of people lurk there without actually posting.

My collection is pretty weak, but for the most part I am waiting for their Australian release. The only figs I'd really need are the exclusives and discontinued designs (Cross He-Man).

I also have the preview comic that was only available at the cons for cost price from Val, the driving force behind the new comic. The artwork inside is pretty cool.

icatch9
09-26-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BoShek
Collecting He-Man is so much more fun than collecting Star Wars now!!!

Why is He Man more fun to collect than Star Wars? Collecting He-Man figures is like shooting fish in a barrel. I mean you can go to any WM or TRU or Target and get every figure twice over. There is not hunt to it. Just get the credit card out and you've got the whole set without a sweat.

I like the new figures a lot. I love how they stuck to everything the old figures had, but they just updated them to 2002 (only thing missing is the part to He Mans sheild that cliped on to his forarm. I just thought that was so cool when I was a kid). Still, I enjoy haveing to look for Star Wars figures and not just got to the store and ring it up. But not many people like that, so I can understand why He Man is a little more fun.

Hey guys, don't forget to complain about that large hunch on the back of Deluxe He-Man. That thing is huge, what's back there a car battery? AFter all every Star Wars figure gets trashed for every little button they hid (not to mention the large un-hid buttons on Beast Man and Skeletor ect.) Just let Mattle and the 4 horsemen hear how horrible there product is the way you do to Hasbro. Just treat everyone fair.

Hey Darth Nihilus, I thought I hooked you up with a Iron Cross He Man?

Darth Nihilus
09-27-2002, 01:29 PM
I only said that to exemplify what kind of figures I would need to import. I actually have two 'cross' He-Man figures, the one you sent (in extremely good condition) that I keep MOC and a loose one I had from before. I'll give props to icatch9, he is a fantastic bloke to deal with.

SithDroid
10-01-2002, 04:12 PM
I am a huge MOTU fan. I love the resurgeance (sp?) of all of the 80's toy lines.

He-Man
Transformers
G.I. Joe
Thundercats

Heck every single one of them has a new comic book series that is either out or coming out. I hope a new Thundercats Toyline is going to happen soon, but with LJN being out of business, who knows.

By the way, does anyone have a list of the MOTU variants that there are. I am trying to get all of them. Thanks.

BoShek
10-01-2002, 10:02 PM
I got Ram Man! I am so happy!

For those that don't know, he is hard to find.