PDA

View Full Version : do you like the "DEATH STAR DROID" ?

Jango Jett
09-23-2002, 01:56 AM
I picked up a 12" inch DEATH STAR DROID today at WALMART,
for $21.96 , I think the droid figures are interesting, even if the
articulation isnt that great, what does this Droid do ? does he
do any fighting ? I didnt see that SW episode yet, I just got into
SW this summer with AOTC episode II :)

gtrain29
09-23-2002, 03:21 AM
The death star droid appears in episode 4: A New Hope. I think he just walks around in the corridors of the death star, and is probably a protocal droid. You'll see him when luke and han are walking chewbacca to the detention center.
Yes, I liked the figure even though, as you say, the articulation isn't great

Old Fossil
09-23-2002, 12:36 PM
I never got the 12" version of this figure. Just didn't look too 'movie accurate' for my tastes. The 3 3/4" POTF2 version is superb, though, and more accurate than its 12" counterpart, seemingly.

Darth Vellner
09-23-2002, 01:06 PM
Never got it :(....But, I Love The DEATH STAR DROID, I don't know why??
Maybe its because I never had it as a kid???
I got Three - 3 3/4th ones at ToysRUs (they had all minus AT-AT driver)
I'm not a big 12" collector (I have about 10 - 12")
It went on sale for $7.00 but I still did not buy it!!???
................................................An d I'm NOT sorry!;)

Exhaust Port
09-23-2002, 01:16 PM
I really like 12"/6" version of the SW droids. Even with the limited screen time I think this droid is fine addition to the collection.

Doc Brown
09-23-2002, 05:56 PM
I have him and I think he's pretty descent. Has a nice glossy paint job. One thing I'm not sure of is why one of his hands is grasped to hold a blaster. Can't see him going into combat lol. Maybe it's so he can ring c-3po's neck. Anyway, think he's probably my favorite out of the that 12" wave and looks great on display with good lighting. Glad they made him.

mini-rock
09-23-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Doc Brown
One thing I'm not sure of is why one of his hands is grasped to hold a blaster. Can't see him going into combat lol. Maybe it's so he can ring c-3po's neck.

Or to wind-up the mouse droid it comes with.:p

I got this figure only to complete my collection, thought it was ok, but I do have to say it has grown on me over the months.

Jayspawn
09-24-2002, 12:02 AM
I missed the 12" Death Star Droid. But I got the figure, and I like that one a lot! He's great for scene building.

Fixer
09-26-2002, 05:36 PM
I'm not thrilled with the 12" C3PO sculpt, and since the DSD shares many parts, I'm not too thrilled by him either. I really wish we'd get a new, properly proportioned C-3PO. And 12" scale astromechs that are the correct height.

JediCole
09-27-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Doc Brown
I One thing I'm not sure of is why one of his hands is grasped to hold a blaster.

The answer is simple economics. The Death Star Droid shares an arm sculpt with 4-LOM, who does hold a blaster. Though why they chose that arm and not perhaps one from an earlier 3PO version I do not know.

I do quite like this figure, however, and it is one of the handfull of the 12" scale I have bothered to collect. I agree about the 3.75" version having a more accurate sculpt, especially with the more football shaped head, but this one holds its own, and I like that they gave it the Mouse Droid and even put in the little antenna. All in all a great figure.

Jango Jett
09-28-2002, 12:57 AM
The DEATH STAR DROID has a cool alien type appearance :) I
got him just because of the futuristic robotic looks, he would also
look good on display with my other 12" inch figures like Ultraman,
Kamen rider, Captain Scarlet, Super Battle Droid, etc.

mini-rock
09-28-2002, 03:28 AM
FYI, Power Collectibles (http://store.yahoo.com/powercollectibles/deatstardroi2.html) has the Deathdtar Droid on sale right now for 12 bucks. :)

Turbowars
09-28-2002, 11:35 AM
Great 12". I was just happy to see something that was Classic.