PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Yoda Question

InsaneJediGirl
09-23-2002, 09:10 AM
I just got a Ultimate Yoda on clearance(the box was beat up) and was wondering how long it would take to put together.I would hate to start it now,and find out it takes forever and not have the time.

Second Question:Once I get the Yoda built,I want it to stay that way.Does anyone recomend a glue that works great with Legos?

JediBoulton
09-23-2002, 03:40 PM
I worked on my Yoda from 09:00am till a little after 13:00 -- but I messed up a couple of times. You will build the Yoda as if you are looking from the head straight down -- and build a layer at a time -- from the feet -- all the way to the shoulders.

As far as a GLUE goes -- I would NOT glue it -- just set it somewhere it will not get knocked over. This thing is difficult to build -- but it is FUN to build. If you are SURE that you want to GLUE poor little yoda :( then I would recomment you use TESTORS model glue for plastic Cars and Planes. You can find this at WAL-Mart or at any Hobbie Shop. It works VERY well with plastic and you can buy some glue tips that give you a "pin-point" line of glue.

But please rethink glueing poor Yoda --

fourtwo
09-23-2002, 03:51 PM
glueing bricks????
bad!

InsaneJediGirl
09-23-2002, 04:20 PM
Really?My parents recomended it..but I wasnt so sure,hence why I asked everyone here.

What happens to the bricks?Does the plastic degrade?

LTBasker
09-23-2002, 04:41 PM
Probably not, considering LEGO glues together bricks in their LEGO sculptures, but the thing is if you glue the bricks, they never come apart, and that's bad. :(

LusiferSam
10-02-2002, 12:47 PM
The two big reasons TLG has its sculptures glue are the environments they're placed in; outdoors and heavy with kids. Most everyone who is into Legos will tell you these two rules: Don't glue Lego bricks. Don't cut Lego bricks. But if you really want to glue your Yoda I don't think the glue will the degrade the plastic, but the color might be affected. TLG claims the glue it uses won't affected the color, so I assume that if you use the wrong kind of glue you might get discoloration.

InsaneJediGirl
10-02-2002, 01:19 PM
I started on Yoda last week and no,I did not glue him.Too much work involved and I often messed up where the pieces were supposed to go!:o :rolleyes: :D

JediBoulton
10-03-2002, 03:52 PM
WAY TO GO INSANEJEDIGIRL -- Your children will be sooo proud -- not to mention the rest of us in this tread!

Have fun building Yoda -- he looks GREAT when Finished!!