PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Vehicle Preview is up!!

Beast
09-23-2002, 03:08 PM
Who knows how long it will stay, since they pulled the ones that went up early down the last time almost as soon as it went up. The pictures are currently broken, but they are what so many of us assumed. I'm sure that tommorow or later tonight the pictures will be included. :)

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=84

2003 PREVIEW 2003 Signature Vehicles (Day 4)
Sep 24, 2002

Introducing (2) new vehicles for 2003 Anakin Skywalker's Swoop Bike and Darth Tryanus's Geonosian Speeder Bike. Each bike is authentically styled and detailed from Attack of the Clones and comes with a figure. Both Anakin and Darth Tyranus can ride on their bikes and battle against the ground troops with a Lightsaber Attack Action!

Look for these vehicles in stores in early 2003! And check back on Monday for a preview of two new Wal-Mart Exclusives!

Anakin Skywalker's Swoop Bike
Darth Tyranus's Geonosian Speeder Bike

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
09-23-2002, 03:18 PM
That's it? No AT-TE? :cry::cry:

"Lightsaber attack action?" Great, so (like the Deluxe Clone) they won't fit correctly on their speeders either.:rolleyes:

Beast
09-23-2002, 03:24 PM
Well, with all the rumors that are becoming fact there is still a good chance for the AT-TE this next year. I hope so, I really want the tank even more then the Republic Gunship. And that's an understatement. :)

We'll have to wait and see the pictures, I am pretty sure that they will bit better on the bikes then you think. Actually, I like how they did the Deluxe Clone. So what if he can't hold both handlebars, we can have him zooming along firing his blaster at droids. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-23-2002, 03:25 PM
Cool, I knew that's what they'd be.

2 new Wal-Mart exclusives? :eek: Wonder what the other one is? Hopefully a vehicle.

Battle Droid
09-23-2002, 03:28 PM
Nevermind.

Battle Droid
09-23-2002, 03:42 PM
There's pics up now and they look AWESOME! :eek: :eek: :eek:

They even have seat belts, I hope they give Dooku's Speeder a clear stand.

Beast
09-23-2002, 03:46 PM
Here's the Anakin w/ Swoop. The swoop is nice, but Anakin's face is messed up as usual. And it looks like he doesn't get a robe? What the hell? Hopefully the final version has a cloak.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
09-23-2002, 03:48 PM
Here's Dooku's Speeder. He looks pretty good, but the main attraction is the Speeder of course. It looks really nice, but I hope that it does have a small clear stand for the rear end. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-23-2002, 03:51 PM
What's up with Anakin having no Robe? He had one on while riding the Swoop.

Darth forb1us
09-23-2002, 03:53 PM
Yes, give us Anakin's robe, and remove the "grrrrrrrr" face :D
They look sweet, cant wait to check them out in the stores!

jad
09-23-2002, 03:54 PM
The Speeders look very nice. I'm not so sure about the figures though, they don't look like they can stand without that goofy sadle sore pose. But as always i'm not gonna decide until I see better pictures or see em in the store :) I'm sure people will complain that Anakin doesn't have his robes, but dooku's cape looks pretty good, I'm sure the figures will look great when they're on the speeders, I just hope they look a little better off, than is shown here.

thespar
09-23-2002, 04:27 PM
looks like doouke speeder his a seat belt. guess safty first.

JediTricks
09-23-2002, 04:28 PM
These figures look pretty weak, but the vehicles look nice. The vehicles both have a seatbelt though, that's kinda goofy - hopefully it's removable.

Jargo
09-23-2002, 04:35 PM
What's with the seat belts? some kind of safe driving campaign from hasbro.......

I like the speeders very much. I shall be spending on those definately. Anakins face seems a little bewildered looking though. I didn't actually expect too much from the figures so I'm not that bothered about the quality of the legs. I just like how Dooku's speeder glistens and Anakin's has a rough and ready look, made from spare parts in true tatooine style.
Now if they'd just get round to doing the Solar sailer.............

Seriously, I like these a lot. I think I'll probably get a couple of each. It'd be really cool to shove a geonosian on Dooku's speeder and have him ride rampage through a troop of clonetroopers :D The tatooine swoop gives a nice framewqork to use as a custom job. Pad it out in the undercarraige and change the pannier section around a bit and voila theres' a whole new swoop. Although i'll probably ditch the seatbelts on all of the ones i buy.

Now, what do you do with multiple scream faced anakins and windwhipped Dooku's?

LTBasker
09-23-2002, 04:46 PM
Well the figures suck, but I'm gonna keep them on the speeder anyways since they're not really needed for anything else. The speeder's are highl detailed though, which is quite suprising and makes me really wish they'd just resculpt the whole ROTJ speeder-bike.

fourtwo
09-23-2002, 04:47 PM
i like the looks of the swoop bike alot

The Overlord Returns
09-23-2002, 04:47 PM
What the hell is up with anakins face?

And no robe????

hmm...the vehicles look keen though...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-23-2002, 05:13 PM
sweet freakin' deal!!!! Hasbro has exceeded my hopes once again!!!! I don't like Anakins "steamer" face here, but you can always just use other figures if possible. good job hasbro! :D

hango fett
09-23-2002, 05:49 PM
awsome! the figures suck, but the vehicle are bad***! thanks for all these updates, JJB! great job on getting them on here fast!
h

mark2d2
09-23-2002, 05:53 PM
The ships look okay, but I really couldn't care less about ever getting these vehicles. I was expecting something much more interesting.

This is just so not exciting to me.

Jargo
09-23-2002, 06:23 PM
WELL........

"Happy happy talk keep happy talk, talk abou' thin' you like to dooo. If you don' go' a dweam, you go' to have a dweam, how you gonna have a dweam come twue?" :D

roger roger
09-23-2002, 07:25 PM
I really dig the speeders, I'm not too worried aobut Anakin's face though, since I will probably just do a Hangar Deul Anakin head swap.

"boil & pop" :-)

Darth Detori
09-23-2002, 07:56 PM
cool speeders!

but really- what IS so offensive to hasbro with making a cloak for anakin??? like, do their factory workers not feel "comfortable" making one with it??? is it too hard??? I just don't get it!!!

Nexu
09-23-2002, 08:17 PM
He ought to have an emotionless face, as in, "I'm going off to kick some Tusken ***, leave me the !!massif!! alone."

Geonosian
09-23-2002, 09:51 PM
Oh man I give up with Hasbro...

No robe....what more can I say...

Nexu
09-23-2002, 09:54 PM
Can't say prototype? :p

Val Da Car
09-23-2002, 10:48 PM
Dooku's early facial gestures look ok but I gotta agree that Anakin has the "steamer" face on all the way!!!

The vehicles look great and I am looking forward to the Dooku speeder instead of a rehash of the swoop and the speedracer from the POTF (or EU) line.

Old Fossil
09-23-2002, 11:15 PM
Yawn. More money saved from not buying new Star Wars figures.

JEDIpartner
09-24-2002, 03:11 PM
Jaded... :p

The bikes look great, but the Anakin figure looks like he's holding in a massive BM. I'd think that his Jaw would be clenched with a determined look.

Oh, well... what can I say? WHERE'S HIS FLIPPIN' ROBE!!!!!! :frus:

Prince Xizor
09-24-2002, 04:08 PM
I think the seatbelts are Hasbro's cheap way out of not making a figure that stays on the speeder.

Beast
09-24-2002, 04:35 PM
Either that, or they are including Seatbelts so that the kids who do play with their toys don't have to get frustrated after a few minutes of play, flying their figures around they fall off. For people that just display their toys, it appears the belts are removable. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
09-24-2002, 04:52 PM
I really love the swoopbike and dooku's bike looks cool too but what is up with Anakin? has he been driving too fast with his mouth open? I wonder why his teeth aren't black because of all the bugs...;)
probably gonna buy them both cause I really dig the speeders

The True Maul
09-24-2002, 05:16 PM
They look cool can't wait to get them!!

Darth Trymybestus
09-24-2002, 06:59 PM
I definitely want this set, I'm not a fan of the vehicles but I do have the POTF2 Speeder Bike with a Biker Scout.
I plan to get both of them, the Dooku looks nice, the Anakin is pretty good but there are mucho better Anakins (see my signature :) )
I hope that Anakin Skywalker - Tatooine Attack can fit on it, I think he probably could... and also, with that scowl it would look movie perfect.. except for the robe :rolleyes:
Ahhhhhh I'm really excited about Anakin Skywalker - Wedding Scene... show us the pics Hasbro!!!
I just hope that Anakin Wedding has an interchangeable normal arm because this figure sounds pretty good!

jedibear
09-25-2002, 12:44 AM
....the two vehicles look great....a wonderful study in contrast with Dooku's almost euro-slick looking one versus Anakin's gritty street-tough looking one.

But the figures! Ugh....I hope these are prototypes! The Dooku isn't bad, but the Anakin! It's almost like Hasbro is going out of their way to NOT do a decent rendition of this character (i know that's not really true but....).

And may I join the chorus here:
WHERE IS THE ROBE!?!

Hopefully this is another instance where the pics are not doing the final product justice.....

jjreason
09-25-2002, 12:18 PM
I have all the speeder bikes produced to date, and these will be added when available. Both the bikes look great. I have nothing nice to say about the figures, so I won't say anything.

Oops, maybe I just did.

Sorry.

JangoFart
09-25-2002, 12:39 PM
Dooku looks like he just took a shot 'twixt the legs by a pair of steel-toed boots. Check out the BOW in those legs!

I know he has to ride a speeder, but it looks like Hasbro is putting these guys through the ringer.

J

bigbarada
09-25-2002, 02:59 PM
The speeders look great, the figures looks terrible. All they have to do is sit on the speeder though, so it's not really a big deal, I just hope that's not the actual Anakin face they plan to use.

2-1B
09-26-2002, 01:21 AM
I'm terribly disappointed with the Ani figure. They should have used a blank expression; no need to give him that "look" that JEDIpartnr referenced. :D

The speeders look cool, Dooku is bad . . . but not as bad as Anakin. :)

OC47150
09-26-2002, 08:54 AM
No comments on the other two '03 vehicle: the battle droid wheel-thingy and the Geonosian fighter?

The fighter looks too cool!!

Lman316
09-26-2002, 02:10 PM
I seem to be with almost everyone here: I think the vehicles are really nice, but the figures are firecracker fodder (not that I've ever done that...but I've heard it's fun :p. But kids, don't try that at home!).
I, too, am hoping that these are just prototype figures and we'll end up getting better. But almost everytime that someone has hoped that, we end up getting worse...So, I should just keep my mouth shut.
Anyway, I will buy both of these, because even if the figures do suck, I won't notice when I'm playing with them. Flying them around the room and such :crazed: Or...uh...when I am displaying them (with the figures facing the other direction)...

End...

OC47150
09-26-2002, 02:24 PM
I wish Hasbro would make a straight-legged Obi Wan and Anakin that would fit into the speeder. Is that asking for too much?

JangoFart
09-26-2002, 02:36 PM
Or, at the very least, slap some ball-and-joint sockets on the thigh/hip area ala' GI-Joe figures and make their legs more flexible to stand straight AND ride the bikes.

J

OC47150
09-26-2002, 02:43 PM
Amen to that, JangoFart!

Mace Windex
09-29-2002, 02:02 PM
Oh great!
Looks like a ballerina Dooku and a constipated Ani WITHOUT a ROBE! WAKE UP HASBRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hasbro needs to realize that the hard core collectors are going to be the ones to keep buying long after the film hype is gone. Build some well detailed figures and they will fly off the shelves!
MAce