PDA

View Full Version : Any Halloween party Tips?

mrhat
09-23-2002, 05:46 PM
Hey guys i am having my annual Halloween Party and i could use any tips to make it really awesome? i have a petty good collection of Decorations,and a few guest who hve comefor al the parties, i nee some things thall really shock them, jolt them and just for them tp generally have a great time, any help?

Darth Sidious
09-23-2002, 06:24 PM
I never have parties, really, but I do make a very impressive graveyard in my yard each year. I make gravestones out of styrofoam and spraypaint it. The spraypaint will probably corrode the styrofoam which will give it that aged, eroded look. Then carve an epitaph, if you want. I have a lot of land and trees, and my graves are surrounded by a slightly see-through wall of that nifty spider web stuff. I take dark purple lights and put them around the graves which provides an eerie glow, and I put one of those fake crows in a tree. Then you can add bones, bloody weapons, etc. I also put a noose in a tree and sprayed blood on it. Also, you can make cadavers by stuffing clothes with newspaper, etc.. For the head I tied a pillow up until it was an oval then I put a black hood over it and tied a rope around it's neck. Use gloves for hands and shoes for feet. I added a blacklight in a corner and bought a strobe light that resembles a skull for only $13. Finally, use a portable CD player with one of those Halloween CDs. Overall, it's a good effect. You can enhance your graveyard with any other ideas you have. I'll post a pic when I set it up this weekend. Halloween is my favorite holiday. :evil:

Master Goeweins
09-23-2002, 07:11 PM
When I throw a Halloween party, i go all out. Aside from a keg (hey I am above 21) and decorations galore, I also make sure to have plenty of candy and Halloween trinkets to pass out. They may not admit it, but any age group still loves to get these things at a Halloween party.

Oh yeah, and costumes. You have to have costumes, mandatory!

master jedi
09-23-2002, 07:31 PM
Yeah. I'm 18 and would love to get a keg.

hango fett
09-23-2002, 07:54 PM
keg...that's what all the guys want at my school for there parties...and were only 14-16! but there are a few who do drink (who are senoirs and parents have no control over.) but most of the parties will probably be next weekend for after-homecoming.
i will not be doing one seeing as how i am about the most un-popilar guy.....:rolleyes:
h

TylerD
09-23-2002, 08:35 PM
Halloween is also my favorite holiday Darth Sidious. And I also do a styrofoam headstone grave yard just like you. I get all my Halloween ideas mostly from Martha Stewart (yeah I know ;) ) Love her or hate her, she has got some GREAT decorating ideas - and spooky too!

mrhat,
There is a fun game to play in which you stick items around the house (food items mostly) into black boxes. Then have the guests feel them with their hands without knowing what the item is, and have them guess what body part it is. For example, peeled grapes can be eyeballs, intestines can be cold spaghetti. It is a fun game, and I am surely going to do it at my Halloween party this year. I have more ideas, but I have to go for now...
but I will post some more about this topic later....

thespar
09-23-2002, 10:04 PM
one of the famlies farotive things to do on halloween is to give the kids both a trick and a treat, for the trick part we dress as monsters and hide in the shadows.

mrhat
09-23-2002, 10:08 PM
Whoops i didnt explain my "party plot" the graves will work, but i have a small yard, so ill have to be conservitive. The party is held in a basement, with a bathroo, a laundry room, a bedroom, a workroom, a living room, and a bar (no, i am not oer 21, and no i do not drink) but anywho, the mainliving room is pretty small, taken that there is a 45" TV in the front of the room the computer right next to it, a Futon and 2 double cusions in front of that, and a chair. I am expecting about 15 people to come. aged from 15-18. and its more women than men, some of them do not know eachother, and i dont want that to effect the atmoshere. The last parties have been, sub par because i made the mistake of trying to show horror movies to 10 teenagers. and didnt plan outside of that. This time, no movie, more scares (hopefully) and more fun! well hope that helps you understand! sorry i did ot mention this before!

LTBasker
09-23-2002, 10:21 PM
Well some places sell dry ice, you get a cooler fill it with hot water and get a good chunk of dry ice then you can have a nice eerie fog effect, don't think it costs much either. Some nice recordings also help, try to act out long scenes so you take up enough of the tape and it sounds like theres a bunch of stuff going on. The more gruesome stuff is, the better, like you could throw water against a wall or something for the recording so it'd sound like blood spewing. :evil:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-23-2002, 10:37 PM
Here's a tip for ya:

When trick-or-treaters come to your door (and they will come!) have a bucket of water and a broom kept out of sight, but have them nearby the door. Have a basket full of candy on hand too.
Hold out the basket so the kiddies will open up their bags. At that precise moment, dump the bucket of water into their bags. The water will make the bottom of their bags all soggy and the weight of the candy will cause a hole to form until finally all the candy comes pouring out.
Quickly grab the broom and sweep the candy inside of your house. This will help you defray the cost of buying candy for your party. And what a variety you will have for your guests. You can use the extra money to buy more fake blood or spooky candleabras.

After you have done this to enough children, you may want to lock the door and dim the lights. This is for when the authorities arrive to investigate you.

Of course use caution if parents are around.

If trick-or-treaters are carrying pillowcases then this will not work.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Silly string. Lots of silly string. ;)

LTBasker
09-23-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner

Oh yeah, one more thing. Silly string. Lots of silly string. ;)

Make a web with lights and put white silly string all over it then hide behind it (dressed black so not to be revealed easily) then shoot white silly string at them and have a huge spider thing come down from the roof with some string work to swing at them! :evil: :evil:

:happy:

187-Maul
09-24-2002, 11:42 AM
I am so glad alcohol is allowed from the age of 16 here in europe !
last time I got really wasted and couldn't remember a thing I was doing was...um...last friday at a friends party
next time will be next week wednesday and thursday (and maybe friday) when my parents and brother ans sister won't be home

but don't get me wrong, usualy I only drink about once a month or maybe twice
it's just that the school just started and evreybody is having his PARTY !!!:D

JON9000
09-24-2002, 12:21 PM
Take a regular plastic cleaning glove and fill it with water/punch and freeze it. Remove the glove or cut it off after freezing and place it in the middle ofthe punch bowl standing up- you have frozen hand reaching out of the punch. Cool

InsaneJediGirl
09-24-2002, 01:40 PM
We have this doll,an old one from my younger years.Its a pretty big doll.Anyways..I didnt want it anymore,so for Halloween my mom got one of our butcher knives and stuck it through the dolls head.Squirt some fake blood on and let dry.Then prop the doll up on a haybale or something.I believe the doll was a Mr.Buddy or something..Kinda like Chuckie but kid friendly.

If your doing a costume,this is a good idea.Go to the store(Or meat processing plant,if you have one)and get some chicken skin and veal,really gross looking meat works wonders.Then..dress up in tattered clothes..splash with fake blood.Make a dead end sign out of scrap wood and paint.Stick this through a hole in your shirt(Attach with duct tape to stomach if needed)and attach the meat around it,for a impaled look.Works great on arms and legs too.

Be careful with the meat though,dogs will follow you around.Also,take the meat off right after the party,or you'll start smelling bad:D

LTBasker
09-24-2002, 09:04 PM
Perfect idea, I never thought of that meat thing, and if you get dogs following you then just put a mask or something on them and call them your little evil minions. :D

Darth Sidious
09-28-2002, 07:13 PM
Ok, here's a pic of the graveyard-

Darth Sidious
09-28-2002, 07:14 PM
Here's another pic-an open grave.

jjreason
10-02-2002, 02:44 AM
Halloween Party Tip from JJ:

1) Invite girls.

2) Stipulate small costumes.

:Pirate:
:cool:

mrhat
10-02-2002, 11:32 AM
Check and Check...

mabudonicus
10-04-2002, 08:37 AM
AHHHHH... just have to start with this- until yesterday, I was actually planning on moving halloween night (my girlfriend's idea), but all that's changed now :):):)....
Nice setup, Sidious, we do our house up pretty crazy too, maybe I'll get a pic....
Mrhat- fun ideas? Candles, for sure, just make sure they're set up safe. Nuthin beats candles,believe me....
If there's someone coming to your party late, why not set up a "surprise appearance" of someone scary, just get someone to show up and hide somewhere, a hallway or room or whatever, and try to scare people a bit... scaring folks like that can be fun on h-ween.. I like to hide in bushes and scare trick or treaters by leaping out in my Jar Jar mask (which btw will be my costume AGAIN this year :))

2-1B
08-30-2007, 09:02 PM
one of the famlies farotive things to do on halloween is to give the kids both a trick and a treat, for the trick part we dress as monsters and hide in the shadows.

good call thespar, reading your post has me humming the song Shadows by Mercyful Fate

"In the shadows we are alive
In the shadows, The Light"

Halloween Party Tip from JJ:

1) Invite girls.

2) Stipulate small costumes.

:Pirate:
:cool:

That's always a good idea !!!

AHHHHH... just have to start with this- until yesterday, I was actually planning on moving halloween night (my girlfriend's idea), but all that's changed now :):):)....
Nice setup, Sidious, we do our house up pretty crazy too, maybe I'll get a pic....
Mrhat- fun ideas? Candles, for sure, just make sure they're set up safe. Nuthin beats candles,believe me....
If there's someone coming to your party late, why not set up a "surprise appearance" of someone scary, just get someone to show up and hide somewhere, a hallway or room or whatever, and try to scare people a bit... scaring folks like that can be fun on h-ween.. I like to hide in bushes and scare trick or treaters by leaping out in my Jar Jar mask (which btw will be my costume AGAIN this year :))

mabs, I'm thinking if you combine your Jar Jar mask and thespar's shadows approach, you've got the perfect spookfest !!! :beard:

UKWildcat
09-03-2007, 11:01 AM
When trick-or-treaters come to your door (and they will come!) have a bucket of water and a broom kept out of sight, but have them nearby the door. Have a basket full of candy on hand too.
Hold out the basket so the kiddies will open up their bags. At that precise moment, dump the bucket of water into their bags. The water will make the bottom of their bags all soggy and the weight of the candy will cause a hole to form until finally all the candy comes pouring out.
Quickly grab the broom and sweep the candy inside of your house.

This is just downright hilarious.... and cruel. lol :thumbsup:

But wouldn't the water ruin a lot of the candy? Like one of my favorites, Reese's cups. :sad:

JetsAndHeels
09-03-2007, 11:05 AM
This is just downright hilarious.... and cruel. lol :thumbsup:

That is one of the funniest Halloween pranks I've ever read. I am going to try that this year. :)

2-1B
09-03-2007, 11:05 AM
I think those packages are water proof, so no worries there. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
09-03-2007, 11:38 AM
I think those packages are water proof, so no worries there. :thumbsup:

But the "fun size" (usual Halloween size around here) isn't completely air tight or heat sealed, the little flaps just fold from underneath the candy in order to open it. I would imagine that if it were submerged in water, then it would definitely ruin.

That is one of the funniest Halloween pranks I've ever read. I am going to try that this year. :)

Have someone take some pictures, and please share them with us. lol

2-1B
09-03-2007, 11:49 AM
good point Yuke, I hadn't thought of that...indeed they are kinda like old Topps wax packs, eh ?

UKWildcat
09-03-2007, 12:08 PM
good point Yuke, I hadn't thought of that...indeed they are kinda like old Topps wax packs, eh ?

Exactly...

Jargo
09-03-2007, 08:30 PM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

TeeEye7
09-05-2007, 07:13 AM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Pay it no mind, MDP. It's just typical American barbarism, expected, and aimed at little kids, once every year :twisted:

Tycho
09-12-2007, 03:15 AM
Hey guys i am having my annual Halloween Party and i could use any tips to make it really awesome? i have a petty good collection of Decorations,and a few guest who hve comefor al the parties, i nee some things thall really shock them, jolt them and just for them tp generally have a great time, any help?

You could kill them.

I recommend first putting on rubber insolated boots.

Then once your guests are in the house, overflow the sinks, bathtubs, showers, and (clean) toilets.

Once there is sufficient water overflow on all the floors, drop live electrical wires onto the floor (you could use jumper cables connected to your refrigerator's power transformer for one electrical source).

Your boots will protect you from the current, but you will shock and jolt all your guests. Since they will die, the instantly preceding moments will be the best time of their lives when they are laughing at you because you have to clean up all this water-mess.

Well that might be true, but you could instantly kill like 30 house guests and get away with it by explaining it to the police as flooding combined with an electrical accident!

Put on Oingo-Boingo's "Dead Man's Party" song while you're cleaning up. If you can, hide a dead-friend's body or two and later put their heads in your refridgerator for next year's party. (Well, better freeze them and thaw them mid-October 2008).

This will make it an awesome Halloween that no one will soon forget (well assuming you remember anything after you die).