PDA

View Full Version : AHAHAH! Where are the robes Hasbro?!

Jayspawn
09-23-2002, 10:58 PM
Hey Hasbro, you're making toys from this movie called "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.". Did you see it? I'm assuming that you havn't because the Jedi in that movie were wearing robes! Thats right, just like in Episode I. I know you saw that movie because you made Jedi action figures wearing robes!

Let's get to it Hasbro!

Does this bother anybody else?

Beast
09-23-2002, 11:02 PM
Anakin Skywalker is the only figure that really needs a robe at the moment. Most of the Jedi's ditch their outer robes for the arena battle. I'm sure the final version of Ani w/ the Swoop will have a robe. And Wedding Ani is supposed to have one as well.

Plus remeber that figures are in the planning/sculpting/and production process for around 10 months. So long before E2 was even finished filming Hasbro had to have everything ready and set. Things change at the last minute in movies, and that can lead to early figures being inconsistant with whats seen on screen. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

roger roger
09-23-2002, 11:26 PM
I would like fo the Anakin to come with a robe, but if not, it is no big deal. I really like his puffy windblown sleeves.:-)

Doesn't one of the accessory sets come witha robe for Anakin?

Geonosian
09-24-2002, 08:36 AM
I hope the final version for Annie comes with a plastic robe.

Prince Xizor
09-24-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by roger roger

Doesn't one of the accessory sets come witha robe for Anakin?

Ugh, That robe sucks the big one.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-24-2002, 09:20 AM
i'm sure it'll come with a robe as well. Hasbro has a good product here with these speeders. I'm sure they won't let us down with a robe and i'm sure all the hate mail they've recieved in the last 24 hours complaining about a robe will make them consider it if they hadn't. :D

Darth Detori
09-24-2002, 11:07 AM
they MAY be hesistant to release one for him, since it'd be a bit tricky to position his arms in any other way then just down. Anakin's cloak is sleeveless, and on the front are simply two flaps that come down; he sticks his arms through these; so this limits action potential. I don't see, however, why they couldn't just put it on for show and make it removable

roger roger
09-24-2002, 11:14 AM
IIRC, didn't the prototypes for the Tatooine Attack Anakin and Deluxe Anakin not show their cloth and vinyl (?) additions? Hasbro could be just trying to show off the sculpt and plans to put a robe on him later. Although those sculpted, wind-blown sleeves are awfully bulky to be fitting a robe over.