PDA

View Full Version : Who the heck are you?

JangoFart
09-24-2002, 12:45 AM
I am starting this thread so those of us who spend far too much time in these forums can get to know each other better. Reply with your info!

I am 31 years old and live in Oklahoma. I have been a practicing lawyer since I got out of law school in '96. I have been collecting Star Wars figures seriously since the release of the POTF2 line in '95. As of today, I have 424 unopened 3 3/4 inch figures spanning all of the series. Although I do not really collect the 12 inch critters, I have about 30 of them unopened.

I'm one of the unopeners. I'm not really a completist, but tend to get all of the figures if they are available. I collect these guys b/c of my love for the films and the fond memories I have of being a kid and tearing through Lionel Playworld or Toys R Us looking for the newest figures.

So, the question is: Who the heck are you? :)

J

Darth Cruel
09-24-2002, 03:25 AM
I am 37. I live in SoCal and I am a construction inspector (specifically I am a welding inspector and Non-Destructive Examination Tech). My passion and specialty is the construction of power plants.

I have been a Star Wars fan since the beginning. I was lucky enough to be old enough to appreciate the movies from the gate. I to only developed the desire to start collecting since the '95 rereleasing of the figures but there does exist a large box somewhere, that contains all of the figures and a lot of the ships and playsets from the first two movies. I collect primarily for the nostalgia, but also because I am fascinated by miniature detail in anything that I find to be interesting. I collect three of everything, 1 to open, 1 to display in the package, and a spare in case anything experiences damage or loss. I would guess that I have between 1000 and 1200 figures total because I am nowhere near current as I have the habit of stubbornly waiting until I can get figures on clearance (except for the ones I REALLY like). I collect both the 3 3/4" and 12" lines and I am working toward building a storage/display building in my yard. And I do intend to locate a great customiser to do some custom 12" vehicles for me.

Tycho
09-24-2002, 03:48 AM
Hey, I live in Southern California. If you could build San Diego its own energy plant, I could save costs in my electricity bill and then I could buy more Star Wars figures and perhaps fleets of the vehicles!

JangoFart could make sure everything's code compliant and legal!

I think I'm on to something here!

Tycho
09-24-2002, 04:00 AM
Alright, I'll play by the rules. I'm still in my 20's so I can be excused for being a little bit more immature (than someone who calls himself JangoFART :D ) .

But in real life when I'm acting responsible, I'm a economic development consultant who specializes in public plan adoption processes. With exact reference to what I'm currently working on, I get redevelopment plans adopted by communities I work with, to help save local small businesses and improve deteriorating neighborhoods, and I work with mass transit issues and am branching off into affordable housing. I also do political consulting and I'm working with several City Council candidates currently.

I collected since the beginning in 1978 (the beginning of Kenner's figures) when my mom saved them for me as she thought I'd treasure these. I got back into it in 1995 to start the modern line at retail, and I still cherish them all.

I buy only what I plan to open, currently opening more than what I have room for. Eventually everything will go in large dioramas recreating the movies, and some cool scenes from the Expanded Universe of comics and books, with the world's greatest action figures!

I get 3 3/4", Buddies, Unleashed, 12 inch, vehicles, beasts, and Playskool. I also bought the role play lightsabers from Episode One. Dooku's might tempt me into continuing, though an effects Master Replicas might be possible. If so, I'd only get one MR, and I'm not yet sure which character's signature weapon I'd want. The Anakin Skywalker lightsaber that is later carried by Luke in ANH and ESB, or Obi-Wan's TPM lightsaber are two of the most likely I'd choose, though an effects Darth Maul would be tempting as well.

good shot jansen
09-24-2002, 06:50 AM
i'm a 42 year old architect originally from noo yawk city, living and working for the past 8 years in south florida. when star wars 1st came out, i couldn't be bothered with it at the time. way too popular and cute back in 77 for a budding punk rocker.

got into collecting galoob's action fleet vehicle line back in 95, as i thought they would be a cool toy for my son who was not quite two at the time.

now he's 8, and we both collect and play with anything and everything in the micro machines line.

we open and play with everything!

JangoFart
09-24-2002, 06:52 AM
Hey, hey, hey!! I NEVER said I was mature! :)

The reasons behind the name are two-fold:
1. It's catchy :) ;
2. every other bleepity bleepin' thing I tried was taken so I said: "I bet nobody has this one!" :)

As a kid, I had nearly every figure available - ships and all. In my late teens, my friend's house burned down and they lost everything except the clothes on their backs when they got out. I gave all the Star Wars stuff I had, which was a TON o' crap, to Mike's little brother who was 8 at the time. Now that I've gotten back into it, part of me wishes I hadn't done what I did. But, the rest of me is happy that I did what I did. (But, I'd sure like to track that sucker down to see if he still has any of that stuff :) )

J

gibbspaulus
09-24-2002, 07:52 AM
I'll be 30 in a month's time, live in London, collect 3 3/4 and 12", love the films ..etc. My partner can't understand that I collect toys, although he can recite the dialogue to ANH five seconds before the characters do - the whole film!!!!

Old Fossil
09-24-2002, 08:05 AM
Well, I'm 32. I got my degree in History back in '96, did a year of grad study in Medieval history, then studied English and writing for a year. I love Fantasy novels and stories, especially the older works of William Morris and George MacDonald, and also enjoy the Icelandic sagas, all of which inspire me and get the creative juices flowing. This year I quit my long-standing job as a bookstore manager so I could be home more and devote more time to my writing.

I've been collecting Star Wars since the relaunch of the line back in '95, and have enjoyed it ever since. My wife and I have no children as of yet, but I hope one day to be able to enjoy my collection with my kids. I open most of my stuff, though i have about 40 carded figures. I have around 450-500 figures total.

mabudonicus
09-24-2002, 08:12 AM
I'm 29, currently I work in a callcentre(wait for it!!!:)) taking inbound calls for at+t. I'm basically a sort of jack of all trades, having done a lot of hard labour in my life, and having been somewhat of a lost soul for most of the time. Lately I've settled down a lot, thought. I still collect the figures, but in about 99 I went from completist to finicky perfectionist, a figure has to be real good for me to consider it anymore. I have been a sw fan since the title crawl of ANH, and it shows no signs of letting up.
Oh, and I am perhaps the best painter-of-miniatures in my area, at least, a holdover from my fantasy-filled youth.
Oh, and I have a rock band called STANSE, but that's another story (cue the glockenspiel, boys:))

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-24-2002, 09:38 AM
I'm 20 years old and am attending Ohio University here in good ole' Athens, OH. I was just a little lad when the Original trilogy came out back in the day, but i have very very vague memories of seeing Return of the Jedi in the theater and especially watching it on TV. I began collecting completely on impulse one day in 95 when the POTF2 waves came out. I saw them at Toys R Us and my mom was gracious enough to pick up a bunch for me. Since then, i've been hooked. I've even got my parents somewhat into it. They're always great enough to ask if i need anything, jot down the names and if they're out and about, pick them up for me. Heck, my dad scored the latest Unleashed wave 3 and Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors 3 for me since i've been at school. My dad also went with me for the Episode I figure onsale and helped me get the figures (although the Episode II onsale went much smoother for me) and rummage out each wave. That's dedication from the folks if they're willing to stay out with you until all hours of the night buying toys with you when they have work @7 am the next day!! I collect 3 3/4 inch figures", most vehicles (some i pass on cause they aren't too impressive, others i can't afford at the moment), i did the 12 inch line for TPM, (but passed on the AOTC line) and I also collect the Unleashed series. I have 450-500 items boxed, total. I have no doubt in my mind my children will love these movies as much as i do, but it'll be difficult teaching them, "Daddy's toys aren't for opening!" hehehhehehe :D

Prince Xizor
09-24-2002, 09:48 AM
Damn, I'm I the youngest one here?

I'm 18 and I live.... Wait no. Scratch that. I'm 19 today (the 24th), and I live in a little hillbilly town in Western MA. Currently I am attending UMass Lowell in Eastern MA as a Freshmen, but I plan on transfering at the end of this semester somewhere closer to home. I am a Computer Science major, who collects Star Wars toys and play video games, so I am pretty much a dork. I do have a long-time girlfriend though, and she puts up with my hobbys pretty well. (She bought me the new X-Wing for my birthday).

I collect only loose basic figures and their vehicles, although I have picked up a couple of Unleashed. I do have kind of a cashflow problem since I don't have a job at college. Although back home I have a job at a local Grocery store, where I know I can always go back when I need money for another Gunship or Clone Trooper. I am kind of a completist in the basic line, or well, ok I am a completist, I have them all up until the JSP Kenobi wave. (F'n TA Anakin). And I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

JangoFart
09-24-2002, 09:54 AM
I forgot to add that I'm married and have 3 kids - a 7 yr old girl, a 6 yr old boy and a little girl who's almost 1 yr old. They are all little Star Wars nerds :) I had to take my 7 yr old to see EP1 8 times in the theater - after the second time, it was completely at her request :) The boy didn't get into it until right before EP2 came out. But, when the girl was 3, she was watching the Trilogy, and I mean every one of them, daily. You could point to a picture of any main or secondary character and she could not only rattle off the name, but their relation to the other characters. "That's Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader is really his daddy and Princess Leia is his sister." It was a trip!

My baby's THIRD word was "Yoda" (after "mommy" and "daddy", although I think "Yoda" should have come before "mommy", but whatcha gunna do? - lol)

It pleases me to see folks younger than me are into collecting SW stuff - like the 20 yr old who posted here, Jedi_Master_Guyute. Heck, I saw a 12 yr old boy in Kay-Bee the other day who knew EVERYTHING about these figures; and I'm talking about the vintage too! He was going on and on about the "small head vs. large head" Han Solo figures and the telescoping lightsabers, blah, blah, blah. And I was floored! His mom and dad were with him and they were going on and on about the figures too. I enjoyed seeing that. I whipped out my Excel spreadsheet of my figures and showed it to him and he was foaming at the mouth! hehe ( I keep an Excel spreadsheet in my wallet to keep me from buying stuff I already have. I had to shrink it WAY down to fit all 8 pages onto one front and back page. The wife says I need help. But, again, whatcha gunna do?)

The reason I like seeing younger folks into the hobby is that it is the young ones, after all, which will carry on this hobby; assuming the hobby lasts long enough for them to do so. So, when you see a kid who's interested in it, feed that interest all you can!

J

187-Maul
09-24-2002, 11:13 AM
I'm 15, live in Garches, a city next to paris, france and attend the DSP, deutsche schule paris (german school paris)
I was bon in Aachen, germany (my whole family is german) and moved to wassenaar, a city next to the hague, netherlands when I was three, and moved here last summer
I got my first POTF2 fig (chewbacca) from a friend at the beginning of the line who was a real SW fan and since then I was too
I started really "collecting" figs since about 1998, I used to play with them before that:)
I mostly only buy the 3 3'4" figs but used to buy some vehicles (falcon, tie fighter, sebulbas podracer) and I have mauls lightsaber (love it) and maul unleashed (I'm a big Darth Maul fan)
and I collect a lot of mcfarlane toys
I collect all figs loose and build dioramas for them to display
ok, to get to the more family stuff, my brother (17) collects starwars and mcfarlane figs too and I;m getting some support from my parents too, like everytime my father has to go to the US for work, we (my brother and I) give him a list with names and pictures and prices of the figs we want and he looks for them when he has the time to

to keep things short, I love being me:happy: !

hango fett
09-24-2002, 11:15 AM
ok... i'll put my stats, if you would, in!
height: 5' 8 3/4"
weight: 157
eye color:brown with green spots in some places..
thats all i have for the moment....i am at school right now, though...study hall!
h

Patient Zero
09-24-2002, 11:15 AM
I use to chew the heads off the original Hans and Vaders. That's who I am and I'm not ashamed of it!

187-Maul
09-24-2002, 11:27 AM
ok I forgot to post my stats:

sex: male
birth date: 21st ocober 1986
height: 1,81 meters
weight: 64 kg
eye color: blue/green
hair color: brown

forgot anything ?

OriginalBryGuy
09-24-2002, 11:35 AM
I'm 27, male, and have lived in and around Indianapolis, IN all my life..

Had a few basic figs growing up but didn't start the 'real' collecting till '95, been collecting ever since...

I run a popular movie site

http://www.originalplots.com

Feel free to stop by if you can.

I also have a wonderful girlfriend who is almost as crazy about star wars as I am. Helps me get what I need and always has her cellphone ready to let me know if she 'thinks' she spies something I don't have.

What a woman!

My biggest 'Star Wars' moment was meeting Rick McCallum at CII this year. Fantastic stuff..

By trade I'm a Senior Application Developer at the Indiana Telecommunicaitons Network. A glorified web designer if you will.

Pendo
09-24-2002, 11:50 AM
What should I say?...

My name is Danny, I am 24 years old and live in Scouser Land (Liverpool) in England. I was born in Nigeria and moved to England when I was 4 years old. My father died when I was 18 and left his business to me...:rolleyes:

I got married when I was 20, had a child when I was 22... but that's another story :(.

I first became a Star Wars fan when I was 6, my dad showed me A New Hope when it came on TV and I became hooked :).

I was a Star Wars collector and had alot of the original 1977-83 figures, but a friends dog had a nice snack of mainly cardboard and plastic...:mad:

I hate animals (but don't kill them or anything so don't worry)

I go the gym every Tuesday, I do Kickboxing of a Monday and Wednesday.

lalala, ran out of things to tell you...

...how about how I lost my virginity? :D... never mind :rolleyes:.

PENDO!

Darth Vellner
09-24-2002, 11:50 AM
I'm 25...

I live in Indiana...

Been collecting (new stuff) since 96'
I Open most of my stuff (But, I do have a room filled with carded figures on the walls!)
(I collect vintage, But had to start completly from NOTHING! All I had left from when I was a kid was a Skiff guard Lando with his legs chewed off!!?)

I also Collect:
The Simpsons (WOS)
Records (Vintage)
The Beatles (45's, LP's EP's)and other stuff

Married: 4 years in Oct.

I'm in a Band "Don't Shoot...I'm with GOD"
(It's experimental-Hard-Rock-Jazz-Folk-Grind-Core!!)
Think: Beck,Pink Floyd,Faith No More,The Beatles,P.O.D.,White Stripes and Weezer with crazy Electric Sounds!!?!
( I play the THEREMIN and Keyboards)

Job: I Got layed-off.:( But, I got an Interview TODAY! :greedy: Bling$-Bling$:rolleyes:

Got 2 Dogs: Maxwell & Edison
yea...........

DahrJin
09-24-2002, 11:59 AM
I'll play.

I'm 33 year old male. I am currently employed as a Facilities Technician for a major Utilities/Energy Saving company. I live in Utah and I'm happily married and have one daughter who's 5 yrs old. My wife isn't into SW like I am, but she tolerates my addiction and doesn't worry about my spending too much.

I am one of the lucky ones who got to see the original films the first go round, and to be one of the kids tearing through toy stores and aisles when the action figures first came out. I have been collecting SW stuff in general ever since. With the exception of the "I'm too grown up and cool to collect toys" phase in my life. Between the ages of 15 and 25. I missed out on a lot due to my stupid frame of mind, and I'm still playing catch up.

Vader is the reason I was hooked, and he's still the center of my collection. I buy anything and everything, that I can afford to, that has to do with Vader. I still have one of the first vinty Vaders I ever owned. Loose of course, because I was a kid and PLAYED with my toys. Now I keep most evrything carded. I have a few 12" figures but have recently abandoned the 12" BIG HEAD line for the Unleashed.

Well enough babbling about me......NEXT!

jedi_uk73
09-24-2002, 12:05 PM
Well,

My name is Mark and I live in West Sussex, UK. I'm 28 yrs old, been a HUGE Star Wars fan since I first saw it back in 1978.

Been with my current 'better' half for nearly 5 years, and got engaged in July. (I like to take my time on things like that).

She's got used to the fact of me collecting SW, and helps out now and again :cool:

I'm an HGV / Forklift driver and warehouseman for a local company, and been doing that for the last 4 years.

It doesn't pay alot, but helps build my collection up nicely. :)

thespar
09-24-2002, 12:50 PM
i am 23 years. i work as a compture tech. been hooked on star wars as far back as i can rember. been collecting sience es1 came out.

i am about 5'8
i weight 160
have brown hair and eyes.

The Overlord Returns
09-24-2002, 12:51 PM
I'm T.V.'s Patrick Duffy.

JangoFart
09-24-2002, 01:53 PM
There is no such thing as Scuzzlebutt and there is no such thing as Patrick Duffy.

J

The Overlord Returns
09-24-2002, 01:58 PM
I am the Eggman

scruffziller
09-24-2002, 02:57 PM
I don't know who I am.......:confused: :( :cry:

DarthBrandon
09-24-2002, 04:05 PM
" I am your father":D

187-Maul
09-24-2002, 04:38 PM
aw come on, this thread started nicely and please right serious posts ok? at least in this thread:( (I have to admit that scuzzlebutt thing and the father thing were funny:) )

Turbowars
09-24-2002, 07:06 PM
OK here we go, I'm 27, live in Burbank CA (The real Hollywood) I'm a Union Carpenter out of 409. I helped build the Lakers Staples Center. I'm married and have 3 dogs and 4 cats. I love animals, their my kids. You wont believe this, but I hated Star Wars as a child. I was about 15 when I really sat down and watched the 3 best movies ever. I never had any of the vintage figures, but when my parents and I moved into a new home when I was 5 I found vintage vader in the fire place. I fooled around with it for a few minute and then threw it right back. I started to collect in 95. I really didn't know that the toys were out, until I walked into a collector store just for fun. I saw a OC Vader on a peg and was hooked. I currently have about 950 carded figures including many errors and Variation. I have all 12" but EP1(they just suck). Basically everything that Kenner/Hasbro has put out. I just moved into a new place with an extra bedroom ,so I finally have a STAR WARS room.

QLD
09-24-2002, 07:26 PM
My name is Luka
I live on the second floor
I live upstairs from you
Yes I think you've seen me before

If you hear something late at night
Some kind of trouble. some kind of fight
Just don't ask me what it was

My name is Luka
I live upstairs from you

I think it's because I'm clumsy
I try not to talk too loud
Maybe it's because I'm crazy
I try not to act too proud

They only hit until you cry
And after that you don't ask why
You just don't argue anymore

My name is Luka
I live upstairs from you

Yes I think I'm okay
I walked into the door again
Well, if you ask that's what I'll say
And it's not your business anyway
I guess I'd like to be alone
With nothing broken, nothing thrown

Just don't ask me how I am

JangoFart
09-24-2002, 07:53 PM
UGH!! You should be sexually abused by a moose in public for knowing the words to that song!

geez.....

J

Jargo
09-24-2002, 07:59 PM
We are Jargo. We are legion. Prepare to be assimilated... :crazed:

QLD
09-24-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by JangoFart
UGH!! You should be sexually abused by a moose in public for knowing the words to that song!

geez.....

J

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT HAPPENED!!!!

Turbowars
09-24-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT HAPPENED!!!! Hey, I told him, I was there!! HeHe

LTBasker
09-24-2002, 08:50 PM
I live in Oklahoma, I'm 15, and I'am a meat popsicle. :D

Rogue II
09-24-2002, 08:53 PM
I am Tiger Woods NO!

I'm a B___h, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother That's not it either

I am the warrior Getting closer.

I am your worst nightmarecolder

I don't have to tell you anythingOk, enough of that.

Star Wars Fan Since: 1977
Marital Status: Married
Kid(s)?: Yes, 1 year old girl
Occupation: Engineering Specialist in the USAF. I do drafting (AutoCAD, surveying, construction management, soils/concrete testing, and service contracts. Currently assigned to the Pentagon.

Birthplace: near Buffalo, NY
I've lived in Maryland, Virginia, California(both northen and southern), Colorado, and Korea

I only collect 3-3/4" Classic Trilogy figures(with a few exceptions). Most of my collection is loose. With the relative lack of Classic Trilogy figures this year, I've started to make a few custom figures. I do have a bunch of loose SW MicroMachines, but I'm thinking about getting rid of them.

I also collect Baseball, Hockey, and some football cards.

I enjoy playing ice hockey (none of that sissy roller hockey for me), and occasionally play soccer and softball.

And now that I've read thru some of these, I know that if Twodot Tatooine mentions getting mid-evil on someone, he really knows what he is talking about.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-24-2002, 09:21 PM
Name: John Steven Lindquist
Birthdate: 12-1-89
Height: 6'
Weight: 137 lbs.
Hair: Somewhere between red and brown
Fan/collector of Star Wars since: 1997 (Special Editions)
Birthplace: Franklin, Tennessee
Current town of residency: Lafayette, Colorado (near Boulder)
Favorite film: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Err . . . yeah.:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-24-2002, 10:32 PM

Birthplace: Buffalo, NY. Live north of the city in a city near Niagara Falls NY (Lockport)

Marital Status: Single (I'm thinking of getting a mail-order bride from Japan)

Occupation: I help run a family business, an ice cream parlor (my dad has another business that I remain independent of). I am a graduate of Canisius College in Buffalo, and I am a certified Elementary School Teacher (PreK - 6) and Social Studies (7 - 9). Since teaching is such a lucrative job in NY state, I did not find a full-time position this year (it didn't help that I didn't put out my resume) despite the fact that I graduated with fairly high grades. Right now I am intreviewing for substitute teaching positions in various school districts around the area.

SW fan since: Ever since I first saw the movies, probably around 1985-86 (although I do remember seeing ROTJ at the theatre)

I started collecting Star Warts starting with the Micro Machines line in late '94. My collection than evolved to include Action Fleet and some nonSW MM/AF stuff (like StarShip Troopers and Aliens/Predator but I have very few of those items).
I didn't start collecting figures until the summer of 99' when I bought a Jedi Duel Maul "on clearance" for $5.99. Since then I have gotten 41 Episode I figures, nearly every POTJ figure, and so far, the first 40 Saga figures (not to mention many ships, deluxe figures).

jjreason
09-24-2002, 11:54 PM
James (Jimmy) Reason, 30 yr old police officer from London Ontario Canada. Now posted to desolate Prince Rupert, BC.
Married to my high school sweetie, now 7 yrs. 2 kids, one 3 yrs one 3months. They are super. I have a dog named Woody who is also 7 years old. He is a Beagle/Bassett Hound cross and is very dear to us.

I collect 3.75inch sw figures from 95 to present as my vintage ones were sold to finance the wedding. I also collect comic books.

5 ft 9, 225 lbs, brown eyes, brown (gray :rolleyes: ) hair. I like to watch and play sports. Pleased to meet you!

JangoFart
09-25-2002, 12:29 AM
Great to see all these posts.

Thanks for all of them, guys!

J

darthvyn
09-25-2002, 01:42 AM
well, my sig line is from the clerks cartoon... oh, wait, that's the only thing that's missing from this conglomerate of the "where did you go to school," "how old are you," and "how much do you weigh?" threads... oh, it's also missing the post a pic of yourself feature...

whatever, i'll bite

name: vyn

resides: long island, ny

occupation: illustrator, dotcomic (a conglomerate word i coined - it's half dot com and half comic - dotcomic!) writer/illustrator, possible voice-over "actor," future ruler of the world... my website is www.vynsane.com if anyone's interested...

height: 5' 11.5"

weight: between 160-170, depending on how much i had for lunch...

eyes: blue

hair: blond

relationship status: single? not too sure... it's complicated

collects: comics: lots. hellboy, savage dragon, the ultimates, amelia rules, amazing spider-man, daredevil... toys: whatever catches my fancy that i can afford. currently: STIKFAS, soon to come: muppet show figures, possibly the lego USC star destroyer

upcoming project: Jimbo, the tourettes kleptomaniac narcoleptic, a "dotcomic" that will come out whenever i feel like making it...

common catch phrases: "ROCK!" "i like to move it move it" "sit down, rando!"

present vehicle: decommissioned police cruiser #376

near future vehicle: motorcycle! yeah!

far future vehicle: some sort of levitating car...

yearbook quotes" "and this above all... to thine own self be true, and then thou can'st not be false to any man." - polonius, hamlet

"do or do not. there is no try." - you know who, and if you don't what the hell are you doing here???

favorite punctuation: the "triple period" ...

2-1B
09-25-2002, 02:18 AM
The details of my life are inconsequential.

Very well, where do I begin?
My father was a relentlessly self-improving
boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade
narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was
a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with
webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would
drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he
invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse
chestnuts of being lazy. A sort of general malaise
that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge
lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. If I
was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten
with reeds. Pretty standard,really. At the age of
twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of
fifteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically
shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a
shorn scr*tum. It's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

Beast
09-25-2002, 02:24 AM
I can't believe the autocensor changes the innocent word scr*tum into butt.
Lame, lame, lame. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
09-25-2002, 05:36 AM
That, was outstanding Caesar. Now i feel i know you so well........

Just what exactly is burlap..........?

LTBasker
09-25-2002, 06:45 AM
I think it's a very old fabric, like what they would put potatoes in before plastic at the store.

InsaneJediGirl
09-25-2002, 09:48 AM
I am..Insane Jedi Girl:D :crazed: :D

Umm..lets see.I'm 17,"multi-ethinical",and I live on a farm in N.C.Florida.My occupation would be classifed as student,but I dont get paid for the work I do..so why call it an occupation??I also do part time Administrator/Webmaster work for a SW Roleplay,but thats really just a hobby that I'm not good at yet.

I've been collecting since the Special Edition came out,I remember Grandma taking me to Target and letting me buy a
figure,X-Wing Luke:D!

Thats about all you need to know..:rolleyes: Because my life isnt very exciting.:dead:

The Overlord Returns
09-25-2002, 10:24 AM
I am all things to all men, and maybe one lucky girl.

LTBasker
09-25-2002, 11:28 AM
I guess I'll make a serious contribution to this....

Name: Andrew L.

Resides: Live from a portapotty in Oklahoma.

Height: No clue

Weight: Somewhere between able to get my own pop and asking someone else to get the remote.

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown (I'm so colorful eh?)

Relationship status: Single - Myself and I aren't talking so it's just Me right now.

Fan since: Not sure of an exact date, somewhere between 89 and 91.

I collect: Mostly dust but I don't mind other stuff I can get my paws on.

Favorite Quote: How typical.

That's the whole shibang, I'd tell more but I think you're laughing too hard already. (I'll leave you to decide as to why you're laughing)

Exhaust Port
09-25-2002, 12:06 PM
I'm 29 years old and live in Northeast, OH just south of the Snow Belt as it says under my name. If you don't know what/where the snow belt it's about 10 miles south of the Erie shoreline from Cleveland to Buffalo, NY. From late December to March it gives a whole new meaning to heavy snow thanks to orthographic lifting.

Any hoo, I'm a pilot for an airline and fly one of those fancy futuristic jets. I'm a college graduate earn less than the security screeners that wand me on the way to work. $Bling $Bling. Still, it beats having a desk job and no office view is better.

I'm not married yet and have been happily dating my girlfriend for 4 years. She is also a pilot but thanks to certain events she's back to being a flight instructor and flying cargo. I don't feel sorry for her, she got to fly with a T-6 Texan aerobatic team this year at the Cleveland airshow. Chicks get everything I'm tellin' ya. ;)

I live in the same apartment I had in college and it has no air conditioning and animals live in the walls. But it's cheap and has tons of room that I've filled with shelving to display my stuff. Most of what I purchase is the 12" Star Wars figures and the WOS Simpsons figures/playsets. I've recently added several Macross/Robotech Valkyries to my collection and more will probably be in my future.

My interest in the movies goes back to seeing the first one in the theater with my dad. It was my first movie ever and my dad had gone and watched it once before to make sure it wouldn't scare me or that I would even find it entertaining. He decided it would be right up my alley as he watched the opening scene of the overflying spaceships. I had a little bit of everything that came out from SW (ships, figures, clothing) but most of it hasn't made it to present day. No regrets though, I was just an active kid who liked fire......no, wait, those were my GI Joe figures. :)

plasticfetish
09-25-2002, 12:12 PM
Oh, uh ...

My name is Shawn and I'm 34.
I grew up in Marin County (N. California) and moved down to Long Beach (S. California) to attend college.
Met a (very tolerant) girl ... fell in love ... eventually got married.
Got a degree in Fine Art in '93 ... then, logically (sarcasm) started working in film and television as a prop person/set dresser. I worked as Art Director for a few small shows until a year ago ... and now I'm done with working 16+ hour days (and am quite happy thank you.)
I have a 5 year old son, who enjoys Star Wars very much ... and is benefiting from all of the figures I'd been buying and saving for "when he's old enough." Growing up, Star Wars and science fiction in general were very important to me ... I was there for all of the original films and am happy to be able to share the new ones with my son. I've collected toys for years (little by little) Sci-fi mostly ... robots, monsters, spacemen and heroes. When the kid came around I started my second childhood BIG TIME and really started collecting. Star Wars naturally became a main focus and I collect (carded and loose) 3 3/4" figures and some 12" (though I'd buy them all if I had the space and money).
My wife and I switched roles this year ... she's working the 9-5 job now and I'm the "stay at home" parent ... less cash for toys, but more time to play and enjoy life.
We inherited a house a year or so ago and I was able to build a little studio (where I'm often sitting on this computer) and so ...
I'm making art again for the first time since college and have my first (group) show in November. I'm trying to decide if, when and how I should/will go back and get my masters degree in Fine Art.

... um, um ...

I have a cat and a guinea pig.
I have a gas guzzling 38 year old car.
I'm remodeling our master bathroom and will learn how to put down linoleum tile next.
I wish I had more time to play Resident Evil on the Play Station ... killing zombies is sooo relaxing.
I'm currently procrastinating on a graphics/art job for someone (so what's new?)

... that's it.

Chiesa
09-25-2002, 01:39 PM
Hey I think this is a great thread!! Many of my friends have always thought SW was a waste of my time... I was alittle worried that what they say could just be true and that I was just engrossed in something new...I always kind of felt alone in this area :( But its great to hear that most of you guys actually are much older than me and infact have been collecting since like SW ever started... It kind of gives me alot more hope that my interest in SW will not die off as I have feared...

Anyway I'm 22 studying in a local university majoring in Computer Science... I'm kinda alone when it comes to collecting as all my friends are more into other activities... Other interests are SOCCER and CLUBBING!! :D:D:D Alright I fell in love with SW every since I was a kid... But then I didn't really pay much attention to the story lines and my favourite scenes were definitely the lightsabre duel scenes, the battle and yavin, hoth and endor... I just loved the sounds of the lightsabres (whommm whommmm!!) But as I grew up, I gradually understood the story more and appreciated the rest of the movie scenes as well which kinda increased my interest in SW!!!

When I was young I had like lots and lotsaaa figures which I played with... Unfortunately I kinda abused them alittle and gave them all to my little cousins... My interest in toy collecting started only after TPM came out actually... That was when I actually had some financial abilty to maintain and indulge in my interests... I do not have like 300 over figures cause I'm not a completist but just a loose collector who gets what I like!! (I love Jedis and stormtroopers!!) Secondly in Singapore, the prices of figures are alittle higher... Sob sob sob... so that kind of restricts my urge to get lots and lots of figures..

Ok I think thats just a short intro of myself... Great thread... keep the intro-s coming in man!!!

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

Tycho
09-25-2002, 04:47 PM
My full name is Tycho Celchu.

I am approximately 50 years old, though I'm not exactly sure.

I am currently homeless.

I was a graduate of the Imperial Academy at Carrida where I majored in Military Science, and was an honor student who was flight instructed by Baron Soontir Fel.

When I was about 24, I was engaged to girl I knew from prep school back on my homeplanet of Alderaan. My mother, father, and sister lived there too, in the suburbs of Alderra. For a very obvious reason, none of us talk any more.

At the time of their murder, I had been promoted to the rank of Lt. Cmdr. because all the other pilots in my TIE wing were killed due to lack of deflectors. After Alderaan, I went A.W.O.L. and hated the Empire.

I didn't care if I lived or died, but somehow I pressed on, doing smuggling runs for enemies of the Empire. That's how I met Wedge Antilles and signed up with the Rebels.

Later I learned that the Empire listed me as M.I.A. after Yavin. At times when it served the Alliance's purposes, I returned and was promoted by the Empire to a full Capt. in the Empire's Navy. I also became Executive Officer of Rogue Squadron and fought at Hoth, Gall, Endor, Bakura, Billbringi, Borleais, Fondor, and Coruscant, and the list gets longer. Most of my friends get killed in a few years.

I did manage to fall in love with an intelligence officer named Winter. She was a personal liason to royalty from my homeworld and an undercover agent. For her I did time as a prisoner-of-war held on the Lusankya. I played a small role in the liberation of the super-star destroyer and one General Jan Dadonna, the latter of which was ultimately unsuccessful.

The loyalty I showed my love struck her, and we were married some time later. We made a home for ourselves on Coruscant. Some time after the engagements at Bothuwai, I retired. Then the Yuuzhan Vong invaded our galaxy. My wife and I got separated. I don't even know if I have children.

I serve as Colonel of the New Republic's 3rd Fleet stationed at Borleais. I live in temporary officers quarters and fall asleep to the sounds of plasma bombardments.

I have 3 things that keep me going:

I work with my very best friend and the best commanding officer I've ever served under: 3rd Fleet General Wedge Antilles.

I may one day find my wife and reunite my family, somewhere that we can make a home and I might again retire.

I will punish the enemy and make them pay for what they did to Coruscant like I made the Empire pay for Alderaan!

I collect Yuuzhan Vong figures. Dead ones. I have lots of them!

There will be a lot more before I'm finished with my collection.

And when I'm done, I'm going to burn them! Burn them ALL!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2002, 06:15 PM
Tycho, that's rich.

But, good god, I'm the youngest one here!

Tycho
09-25-2002, 06:56 PM
Oh well, Earth and the Milky Way galaxy only rotates half as fast as my home galaxy, btw.

That's why I can be about 50 years old and a Colonel, but when you look at me, I only seem half that age - so I appear to you like I'm in my mid-20's, OK? ;)

Here I am as I look today (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=121897) , posed with Darth Mouse. On your planet I disguise myself as his manager. But in my galaxy we're desperate in our war against the hated 'Vong. And we know what they think of droids! That's how the idea to use Darth Mouse came to us. This was a Sith droid and we painted him accordingly. He actually is a skilled infiltrator and can go where human agents could be caught and sacraficed or enslaved in Yuuzhan Vong rituals! If he's captured, he'll transmit his data and then self-destruct just like an Imperial Probe. As desperate times require desperate measures, our forces have determined it is necessary to use even the ways of the Dark Lords to save our galaxy! They certainly never intended to lose it, but it is a free galaxy and it doesn't belong to the 'Vong to conquer it either!

So Mr.JabbaJohnL., I do hope you live to be my age - but you won't if the 'Vong get a hold of you!

So what are you going to do about it?

If you're any kind of man and a real Star Warrior, you'll enlist and get assigned to a squadron under the 3rd Fleet's new order.

If you think you can handle it, report to Colonel Gavin Darklighter and begin your training on the x-wing starfighter.

Then you can collect characters from your Star Wars like I do: Dead Ones!

Kill them all!

Revenge for Coruscant!!!

Death to the 'Vong!!!!!

QLD
09-25-2002, 07:05 PM
.....I am your father.....

sith_killer_99
09-25-2002, 07:14 PM
Name: Damon

Height: 5ft 10in.

Weight: 175 lbs.

Occupation: Soldier, US Army. Technically I am a biomedical equipment repair technician. I am currently the shop foreman at the hospital here at Fort Knox.

previously: Honolulu, HI...Woodbridge, VA...Aurora, CO...Fort Lost-in-the-woods, MO...Commerce City, CO...Colorado Springs, CO...Sterling, CO...Minneapolis, MN...New Hope, MN...

Born: Crystal, MN (in the state of infancy)

Marital Status: Married 2 1/2 years (29 Feb 00)

Father: One daughter 8 months old (27 Jan 02).:D

Non-Smoker: I quite on 28 Jan 02.

Star Wars Fan since: Original Theatrical Release (May 1977)

Star Wars Collector since: Late '98 early '99

Misc: I enjoy long walks on the beach, candle light dinners, cutting edge films! and banana bread!

Beast
09-25-2002, 07:18 PM
Banana Bread sucks, now Banana Nut Bread, that stuff kicks arse. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
09-25-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Oh well, Earth and the Milky Way galaxy only rotates half as fast as my home galaxy, btw.

That's why I can be about 50 years old and a Colonel, but when you look at me, I only seem half that age - so I appear to you like I'm in my mid-20's, OK? ;)

Here I am as I look today (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=121897) , posed with Darth Mouse. On your planet I disguise myself as his manager. But in my galaxy we're desperate in our war against the hated 'Vong. And we know what they think of droids! That's how the idea to use Darth Mouse came to us. This was a Sith droid and we painted him accordingly. He actually is a skilled infiltrator and can go where human agents could be caught and sacraficed or enslaved in Yuuzhan Vong rituals! If he's captured, he'll transmit his data and then self-destruct just like an Imperial Probe. As desperate times require desperate measures, our forces have determined it is necessary to use even the ways of the Dark Lords to save our galaxy! They certainly never intended to lose it, but it is a free galaxy and it doesn't belong to the 'Vong to conquer it either!

So Mr.JabbaJohnL., I do hope you live to be my age - but you won't if the 'Vong get a hold of you!

So what are you going to do about it?

If you're any kind of man and a real Star Warrior, you'll enlist and get assigned to a squadron under the 3rd Fleet's new order.

If you think you can handle it, report to Colonel Gavin Darklighter and begin your training on the x-wing starfighter.

Then you can collect characters from your Star Wars like I do: Dead Ones!

Kill them all!

Revenge for Coruscant!!!

Death to the 'Vong!!!!! Tycho, where do you get this crap? Dude when I clicked on your photo with Darth Mouse droid I almost wet my pants. I don't know why, but that little guy all painted like Maul cracks me up. BTW I wasn't laughing at you, but the driod, funnier that crap! LOL It's nice to have a good laugh after a long day.

Turbowars
09-25-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
I am..Insane Jedi Girl:D :crazed: :D

Umm..lets see.I'm 17,"multi-ethinical",and I live on a farm in N.C.Florida.My occupation would be classifed as student,but I dont get paid for the work I do..so why call it an occupation??I also do part time Administrator/Webmaster work for a SW Roleplay,but thats really just a hobby that I'm not good at yet.

I've been collecting since the Special Edition came out,I remember Grandma taking me to Target and letting me buy a
figure,X-Wing Luke:D!

Thats about all you need to know..:rolleyes: Because my life isnt very exciting.:dead: Oh come on now, I'm sure there's more to share. I mean you're ISANEjedigirl.

Capitan_Moroni
09-25-2002, 09:59 PM
My name is Matt Foley. First off, I am 35 years old, I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van, down by the river!

Rogue II
09-25-2002, 10:38 PM
I am what I am, and that's all that I am. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man. TOOT! TOOT!

Chiesa
09-25-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Oh come on now, I'm sure there's more to share. I mean you're ISANEjedigirl.

Someone's getting cheeky I see... Heh... Just kidding...

Cheers...

Tycho
09-25-2002, 11:18 PM
Tycho, where do you get this crap? Dude when I clicked on your photo with Darth Mouse droid I almost wet my pants. I don't know why, but that little guy all painted like Maul cracks me up. BTW I wasn't laughing at you, but the driod, funnier that crap! LOL It's nice to have a good laugh after a long day.

Glad you laughed. Darth Mouse is quite the recruiting poster boy. He's popular with the girls, too!

Turbowars
09-26-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Chiesa

Someone's getting cheeky I see... Heh... Just kidding...

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D Cheeky, HeHeHeHe;)

r2dee2
09-27-2002, 01:47 AM
I was born 56 years ago. I met my husband on a blind date at the Air Force Academy and we have now been married for 33 years. I was an Elementary teacher until our daughter was born. She was born handicapped, so caring for her was a full time job, which I happily did until she died when she was 9 years old. Now I take care of my disabled sister and live in Colorado (where my husband retired from the Air Force)....and THAT'S why I am home and on the computer so much :D !!......and in my doting middle age, I am still trying to learn more about doing web pages:)

I saw SW when it first came to theaters in '77 and fell in love with it immediately. I collected a few things in the 80's, mostly magazine articles and some of the bend-ems, Action Masters and nightlights, but not the figures.

When I read in a mag that the POTF2 line was coming out, I continually checked stores until I found them, and have been collecting everything SW since. Fav's are the Action Fleet line, ridell helmets, Legends in 3D statues, the resin Applause diorama's and the maquette's.....you can see my Chewie maquette on SSG's Collections page...it's a GREAT piece IMVHO!!

:cool: :D :p

plasticfetish
09-27-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by r2dee2
and in my doting middle age, I am still trying to learn more about doing web pages:)

Learn? I visited your site and it's great.

(I think your "wedding photos" are brilliant also.)

:]

2-1B
09-27-2002, 02:13 AM
dee, I'm terribly sorry about the loss of your daughter. :cry: :cry: :cry:

InsaneJediGirl
09-27-2002, 10:04 AM
Oh come on now, I'm sure there's more to share. I mean you're ISANEjedigirl.

What else is there to share:p?Its my life and I'll share if I want to:D;):D

Tycho,I love your picture with the mouse droid!

Rogue II
09-27-2002, 11:33 AM

Tycho,I love your picture with the mouse droid!

Chicks dig the Mouse Droid. Ohhh yeah.

QLD
09-27-2002, 11:46 AM
Yeah, but is there room for a woman in his life with the mouse droid? I don't know if he can devote hisself to both!

Turbowars
09-27-2002, 05:26 PM

What else is there to share:p?Its my life and I'll share if I want to:D;):D

Tycho,I love your picture with the mouse droid! Excuse me:(

InsaneJediGirl
09-27-2002, 05:54 PM
Excuse me:(

Turbowars,it was a joke/saracastic comment..hence the ":D" and ";)" No serious offense was intended.

HoyaLawya
09-27-2002, 05:55 PM
I am a 28 year-old living in the DC metro area (more specifically, Northern Virginia). I work as a computer programmer during the day and go to part-time law school at nights. I will be done with law school in about 3 semesters. I collect only 12" figures and I have almost all of the 12" released after 1996. I don't open my collection except the ones I found really cheap on sale.

It is somewhat alleviating to see that there is another lawyer (JangoFart) who is as nuts as I am. :p

Turbowars
09-27-2002, 05:58 PM
On my screen it's hard to make the faces out, although I didn't pay much attention to them, no prob;)

JangoFart
09-27-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by HoyaLawya
It is somewhat alleviating to see that there is another lawyer (JangoFart) who is as nuts as I am. :p

NUTS??!! I'm SPECIAL, not nuts! :) (At least that's what my wife keeps telling me as I bang my head against the table.)

Yeah, it's cool to see another lawyer, or lawyer-to-be, here. Good luck to you, HoyaLawya!

BTW: for those who don't know, law school sucks. (In case you were wondering.)

J

Chiesa
09-27-2002, 07:16 PM

BTW: for those who don't know, law school sucks. (In case you were wondering.)

J

I second to that notion!! Law school does suck!! High stress lvls.. My sister has been complaining to me non stop ever since she stepped in there!! Looks like I can tell her she's not alone!!

Cheers...

JangoFart
09-27-2002, 10:33 PM
Well, I got out of law school in '96 and haven't missed it once :)

Contrary to popular belief, law school is no more difficult, intellectually, than college. It is just very time consuming and demanding - kinda like boot camp for the first year or two.

I had a dream LAST WEEK about going to law school to give a lecture and being told when I got there that mid-terms were being handed out and I had to take 'em!! lol Quite the nightmare!

J

Turbowars
09-27-2002, 11:00 PM
Well, I got out of law school in '96 and haven't missed it once :)

Contrary to popular belief, law school is no more difficult, intellectually, than college. It is just very time consuming and demanding - kinda like boot camp for the first year or two.

I had a dream LAST WEEK about going to law school to give a lecture and being told when I got there that mid-terms were being handed out and I had to take 'em!! lol Quite the nightmare!

J Are you OK? LOL...Lawyers were meant to suffer,its their lot in life. LOL;)

Josh
09-29-2002, 05:12 AM
Im 19, I live in West Virginia. I go to a Techinal School where I graduate in Jan. and become a Computer Draftsman.

Oh and STAR WARS ROCKS! :D

mabudonicus
09-29-2002, 12:47 PM
Hey, JKR, I'll save ya a bit o' time...:) <that punctuation, "...", it's called an "ellipsis".. neato, huh??:)...fleep fleep...fleep fleep....

darthvyn
09-30-2002, 03:26 PM
mmmmmmm... ellipsis...

yeah, that is definitely my favorite punctuation. at least that is widely used and usable in regular typing. i like a good umlaut every once in a while, but it's so hard to find a real NEED for it... an accent grave is good for what it is, and the tilde on some "o"s in french is fun...

mmmmmmmm... tilde...

El Chuxter
12-07-2009, 12:42 AM
I am a figment of Tycho's imagination.

Actually, I'm really JediTricks. See, as the head moderator here, there are things I can't say, so I registered this other account. (Being the head mod has its perks, like not getting banned for having two accounts.) It's a really elaborate scheme. You may think it just involves arguing with myself in the Hasbro Q&A thread, but I also have to disagree with myself on the relative merits of Speed Racer, remember both birthdays, and have a second residence about two hours away to keep up the subterfuge. At Comic-Con last year, I even had to reserve myself a seat! That was confusing.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Name: John Steven Lindquist
Birthdate: 12-1-89
Height: 6'
Weight: 137 lbs.
Hair: Somewhere between red and brown
Fan/collector of Star Wars since: 1997 (Special Editions)
Birthplace: Franklin, Tennessee
Current town of residency: Lafayette, Colorado (near Boulder)
Favorite film: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Err . . . yeah.:D
Eh, close enough.

TeeEye7
12-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Kudos to Chux and his Golden Shovel!

A great re-read! I have to admit getting a little misty seeing Marilyn's post...:cry:

bobafrett
12-07-2009, 08:41 AM
I noticed that I never posted in this thread.

You most likely know who I am. I'm the guy with a lot of Star Wars toys.