PDA

View Full Version : Collections Launched!



SirSteve
09-24-2002, 02:38 PM
Here we will dedicate sections to particular things. We have created a "Collections" section where you can upload (as long as you are registered) pictures of your collection! You can also comment on other fans collection! There is a limit of 500k total on how much you can upload so if you don't know how, you need to learn how to compress your images so they are smaller in order to fit more in your allocated space allowed. To get started, visit the Collections (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo) section! Have Fun!

NOTE: This section is to be used for pictures of your STAR WARS COLLECTION ONLY! If we find that you are using our bandwidth and harddisk space (which costs us money) for any other reason, you will be banned! Please don't abuse this feature and ruin it for others!

Pendo
09-24-2002, 02:57 PM
Sounds cool SirSteve, yet you could try and make the "Photo Gallery" letters at the top of the screen less obvious. They stand out compared to the others :).

PENDO!

hango fett
09-24-2002, 03:26 PM
sounds good. i might have some pics on there later....
h

187-Maul
09-24-2002, 03:32 PM
sounds really cool, guess I will upload some pics of my collection soon too
but you shouldn't be so hard sirsteve, if someone accidently uploads the wrong image (maybe MOTU collection as example) and doesn't notice, you should warn him first and if he doesn't react within 24 hours or so, THEN you can ban him with pleasure:happy:

JediTricks
09-24-2002, 03:53 PM
I put up a few pics from my collection, stuff forumites have seen in the past but they were all I could think of. The system works pretty well, there were some admin opitions I didn't understand so I didn't use 'em, and thinking up titles and keywords and descriptions was hard even for the handful of pics I added, but it's nice to have a place to share these that isn't geocities (where they've currently been living).

hango fett
09-24-2002, 04:36 PM
i put some stuff up too! it's a great system and can prevent unwanted post-padding!
h

Dar' Argol
09-24-2002, 09:29 PM
The problem that i have is that my SW collection is intertwined with all my other collections. So some pics I have may have other stuff in it too . . . . . .

SirSteve
09-25-2002, 11:08 AM
That's ok. As long as there are some Star Wars in it. :)

ACPin
09-25-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I put up a few pics from my collection, stuff forumites have seen in the past but they were all I could think of. The system works pretty well, there were some admin opitions I didn't understand so I didn't use 'em, and thinking up titles and keywords and descriptions was hard even for the handful of pics I added, but it's nice to have a place to share these that isn't geocities (where they've currently been living).
What happened to them? I saw them last night and now they're gone! :confused:

DarthBrandon
09-25-2002, 11:33 AM
I tried last night and today, but I could not access anything. Anybody else having problems ?

SirSteve
09-25-2002, 01:36 PM
Should be working now...

DarthBrandon
09-25-2002, 02:07 PM
Thankx, it works now, some very nice pics of S.W. items, can't wait to see more and post myself.:D

JediTricks
09-25-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by ACPin
What happened to them? I saw them last night and now they're gone! :confused: The system had a glitch and deleted them all. I've re-uploaded them, hopefully that was just a 1-time thing.

ACPin
09-26-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
The system had a glitch and deleted them all. I've re-uploaded them, hopefully that was just a 1-time thing.
Nooooooo! :frus: :eek: :confused: :dead:
It just deleted 7 pics from my collection! What's going on here? :mad:

SirSteve
09-26-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by ACPin

Nooooooo! :frus: :eek: :confused: :dead:
It just deleted 7 pics from my collection! What's going on here? :mad:

Everyone is limited to 500k total.

QLD
09-27-2002, 05:55 PM
I like this idea....I am going to take advantage of this as soon as I re-display all of my stuff. I just moved into a new house with a huge basement.....so I have yet to set up my "toy room".

I need to build some shelves too...... :(

mini-rock
09-29-2002, 12:31 AM
Yes, very cool idea. I'm in the same boat as QLD. I have my house on the market so almost all of my figs are packed up, but as soon as I get moved into my new home I'll try & post some pics. :)

SirSteve
10-03-2002, 02:06 PM
Any other comments/suggestions regarding this new section?

SirSteve
10-13-2002, 03:40 PM
We have increased the disk space to 1 MB. That's double what was previously available! So, add more pictures of your collection!

hango fett
10-13-2002, 04:01 PM
sadly, i have no more....as soon as i get them, they will be up! great page, sirsteve!!!! keep them coming!
h