PDA

View Full Version : Just what IS the status on the Silver R2?

JangoFart
09-24-2002, 04:22 PM
Does anyone know what's what on that silver R2 that Toys B You is coming out with?

I've called four Toys R Us'eseses and NONE of them have ever even heard of the bleepity bleepin' thing nonetheless WHEN it was going to be available!

Binks! Chime in here!

J

Jargo
09-24-2002, 04:52 PM
If I remember correctly it's a November promotion. TRU UK will be running it too. There's been nothing about exactly when as far as I know but it seems more likely that it'll co-incide with the DVD release than anything else. So I reckon from the 12th of November would be about right but I'm not stating anything for definate here just summising. And no-one else seems to be responding to you so...... :)

12th of November sounds cool to me though. Hasbro UK say that the arena playset will be available from the second week of November so that must be when the anticipate taking a large delivery of stock from the orient..... which means... possible tie in with silver R2 promotional items...!! :D

Beast
09-24-2002, 04:56 PM
Last I heard it was going to be offered around Novemeber. As for calling to find things like this out, it's useless. Most of the normal employees arn't going to know about a giveaway that is a few months off still. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JangoFart
09-24-2002, 05:05 PM
Sounds as good as, well, what anyone else has said about it! lol

Does make sense. I thought it was getting closer to the release since we've seen tons of 'em pop up on eBay. But, I reckon a joint DVD dealie makes sense.

Thanks!

J

Beast
09-24-2002, 05:10 PM
If they do make it a giveaway with the DVD, that means I have to buy another copy of E2 on DVD. Sheesh, I guess I know what all my friends and family are getting for Christmas. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
09-24-2002, 05:43 PM
Just hit Spain: http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=517

QLD
09-24-2002, 06:33 PM
He's doing great, and he told me to thank you for asking. ;)

2-1B
09-25-2002, 12:48 AM
I went to TRU yesterday for the first time in . . . a loooong time . . . I was hoping they'd have the R2s but since they didn't I guess I'm glad - all they had for me to buy was the new Landspeeder and X-Wing, neither of which I want. :D

That's a great idea though about the DVD release - I'd gladly buy a copy there for a few dollars more in order to get the R2. :)

Beast
09-25-2002, 12:52 AM
Agreed Caesar, that would be nice. Though the last rumors were Hasbro Star Wars products only. I hope they decide to offer it with the DVD instead. Less chance that someone is going to hoard DVD's to scalp R2's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chiesa
09-25-2002, 02:17 AM
Hey all, I always thought that the silver R2 was out already... The TRU in Singapore totally suck big time without any exclusives so i never really cared abt when they are released and all... All I do is drool and envy in silence...

Anyway I saw this hobby shop here selling a couple of R2s... Boy sure did they look just great!!! The chrome finish on it was just superb... The card which was black and similar to the Exclusive Vader really made the R2 stand out even more and it looked really really slick!! But it was going for like US$100++ and I don't really intend on paying that much for such stuff!! Maybe next time if I'm richer :)

Just thought that I would share something with you guys here...

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D