PDA

View Full Version : Found at Rite Aid yesterday...

SWAFMAN
10-27-2001, 08:04 AM
I dunno much about MM rarities.

We still have one Rite Aid left in town that wasn't taken over by Eckerd Drugs. I dug through their toy bin and found something.

MM 3-pack with Imperial Landing Craft, Swoop & Death Star. The card is the striped version that looks like the pattern on SWAF boxes. Surprisingly, the packaging is really in very good shape.

I almost choked when I saw the price, and had the clerk verify it was really correct. Aaacck!! $8.39 + tax!

But like I said, I dunno nuthin' about little MMs and what a decent price for this set is these days.

I expect it isn't gonna sell anytime soon at that price. If anyone wants it, lemme know and I'll go pick it up.

LTBasker
10-27-2001, 10:34 AM
It's one of the two last packs released for the SW 3-packs and it was only released on the striped card.

vulcantouch
10-27-2001, 04:08 PM
. . . mainly by scalpers looking to maximize their gouge-yield :p i've yet to hear from a single swmm collector who's had much trouble acquiring these sets. predictably, the reason rite-aid's got em long after no one else does is cuz of their typically-out-of-line prices :p
however, for the same reason, i Have known rite-aids to feature, long after becoming unavailable elsewhere, $13 af viragos, which subsequently got diVerTed to ya'll. so rite-aids aren't comPletely useless :)
vt
np: stevie wonder, "too high" (features the fun lyric "she's a full-out cartoon monster on the tv screen" :confused: )

SWAFMAN
10-27-2001, 05:03 PM
Precisely the reason I went there!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-27-2001, 11:42 PM
Here's what I did tonight.

Rite Aid is the only store in where I have sighted the latest wave of POTJ figures (Emp Wrath, Luke X-wing but no Han). But they are rather pricey at $7.99 a pop :eek:

So I went to the store tonight with all my empty pop bottles and cans, took them to the recycable machine located in the back of the store and got $2.15 store credit. So that made the price a more palatable $5.84 plus tax. And I also learned that machine excepts beer bottles too. If I brought them with me I could have gotten the whole figure for free! :mad:

So if I need to buy any more SW stuff from Rite Aid again I will make sure I have plenty of cans and bottles for deposit. :)

SWAFMAN
10-28-2001, 05:36 AM
LBC, COOL!!! You've provided a corollary to the proposition below....

"If you bought $1000 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49. If you bought $1000 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock) one year ago, drank all the beer, and traded in the cans for the nickel deposit, you would have $79.
It is therefore financially prudent in these troubled times to drink lots of beer and recycle."

GMTA, LBC!!!!!

;)

LTBasker
10-28-2001, 06:29 AM
LOL

Hmm, is Rite-Aid national or regional?

SWAFMAN
10-28-2001, 06:49 AM
(from their website)
"Rite Aid Corporation is a retail drugstore chain in the United States serving customers in 30 states across the country and in the District of Columbia."

LTBasker
10-28-2001, 06:52 AM
Hmm... I might have to look see if there are any around here and check'em for any leftover MM stuff. :)

SWAFMAN
10-28-2001, 07:01 AM
...and if your Rite Aid is laid out like the one here, be sure to check in more than one aisle for toys. Mine has an aisle up front with mosltly peg-hanger carded toys, then a shelf & bin section back in another aisle. The back shelf/bin section was where I found that MM 3-pack buried.

LTBasker
10-28-2001, 08:22 AM
Dang, not sure if I put in the wrong info or not, but according to the store locator on rite-aid's site (RiteAid.com, right?) there isn't a store within even a 200 mile radius from where I live. :(

JediTricks
10-28-2001, 12:19 PM
Rite Aid never should have bought Thrifty and changed that chain's name to "Rite Aid"! Didn't they learn anything from the Sav-on/Osco fiasco?

Grif
10-28-2001, 12:57 PM
We have two Rite Aid's here. I never have checked for Star Wars things though. BTW, JT did you get my e-mail?

jeddah
10-28-2001, 04:34 PM
....Misstra Knowitall,

After all these years, I am still at odds with the pricing discrepancies US-UK. E.G. Swaffy's horror at the price of the late EP1 mms, JT's later comments (I think) on Rite-Aid and so on.

And here I am mentally working out the conversion (thanks XE.com) and thinking, cheeeeziz, how cheap is that!

Maybe one day I'll stop moaning about prices ;)

jeddah

JediTricks
10-28-2001, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Grif
We have two Rite Aid's here. I never have checked for Star Wars things though. BTW, JT did you get my e-mail? Yes, and I replied with an attachment that fit your needs. I'll attach that file to this post, NOBODY STEAL IT, it's just for Grif!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-28-2001, 11:46 PM
Sorry to go off topic again but I was at a different Rite Aid today and checked their toy aisle. No MMs but they did have a HTF Sandtrooper POTJ figure. I already have my Sandtrooper so I passed up on it. Again it is $7.99 and I didn't have any bottles in my possesion (got to start drinking more beer). If anyone wants it, let me know, so long as they reimburse me full cost for the figure and shipping.

Swaffy, yes I received an E-mail with an article about Nortel stock and all that I have to say is that I like the latter option.:cool:

vulcantouch
10-29-2001, 11:53 PM
besides, i just Borrowed swaffys, i didn't Steal it ;)

jdah: "Maybe one day I'll stop moaning about prices"
-why? if i had to pay the "being british" tax for my toys, i'd Nevah stop whinin aboot it :p
hey lbc, have you seen this (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=553)? that offer's open to you too, in case interested :D
vt
np: stevie wond- oh ferget it, jdah beat me to it :p

Grif
10-30-2001, 09:15 PM
Thanks JT !!!! You rock!

JediTricks
10-31-2001, 11:48 AM
Sure thing Grif, glad to help out! :):cool:

SWAFMAN
10-31-2001, 02:41 PM
now THAT'S a cool avatar.....!!!

(but it would be even COOLER if, when I place my mouse on it, I hear the doppler'd 'whoosh' of the ships flying by...)

:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-31-2001, 07:31 PM
VT--I'll keep the offer in mind. Believe it or not, I only have six vintage figures. And one of them is a Boussh--missing a helmet.

If I get enough bread (no not the one with David Gates) I'll snag that Sandtrooper (if he is still there). I'm sure I can part with his binoculars.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-16-2001, 09:45 PM
Just an update:

I went to Rite Aid Monday for some groceries and of course I made a dash to the toy aisle. They had 2 DM Sith Apprentices
POTJ and 1 Luke X-wing but no Sandtrooper :cry:

Looked like I was a day late and a dollar short. Too bad too cuz the $$$ I had was burning a hole in my wallet.

Oh well, I know they are still shipping that case so I will keep a close eye out :Pirate:

vulcantouch
11-19-2001, 01:59 PM
. . .you've proven yourself b4 so since you wanna make this trade, i'll reserve the bousshhelm 4u :)

marsboy
02-17-2002, 06:54 AM
:)

New to the board but I figured I would post this info

well it has been a while but I was able to snag a ton of the e- wings , tie defenders and sail barges at rite aids for a measily $3.20 each . I took the recept from the first store and they matched the price at every other one I stopped at

I was atually leaving the sail barges after a while , no one else needed them and I didn't think to set some aside for later .

Unfortunatly I traded all of them off , including my own e-wing and tie defender , ended up buying another set , then got rid of those as well to get something else I wanted . But I have probabaly had 15-20 each of the tie defenders and e-wings at one time or the other , and just about every one came from rite -aid . I did hang on to a sail barge though

I was able to pick up an e-wing about 6 months back for my buddy , although it did run me $13 . I have also seen some of the later released battle pack there ( $ 8 each though ) and did get my FF sandtrooper off the pegs there about a year back .

Anyway it might be worth checking into if you happen to be driving past one some time , they rarely do get rid of older stock . The one up the street from me still has some of the early green carded figures like yak face and bossk , from around 98 or so .