PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Bond DVD Set

Jayspawn
09-25-2002, 12:03 AM
A James Bond 7 disc set is coming out on October 22nd and features the movies Dr. No, Goldfinger, The Man with the Golden Gun, The Spy Who Love Me, License to Kill, Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies. These also will get released individually which is cool too. Now....

I'm pretty excited about this set. But it's my understanding that all these movies and others have already been released some time ago on DVD.

Are these Ultimate Editions that are coming out? Are these worth getting as opposed to to the previously released DVDs? Does anybody have any information on this set?

JarJar, you're a DVD fan like me. Are you going to get these?

Beast
09-25-2002, 12:06 AM
From what I understand, they are just re-issues of the previously avaliable versions. As far as I know other then maybe the cases, the discs are exactly the same. Though I think that the one that was missing footage originally is the corrected replacement disc that was available from the manufacturer. I'm going to do some digging and get back to you. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
09-25-2002, 12:22 AM
Ok, I found a thread at Home Theater Forum that should answer all your questions about the set. It seems the art is the same even. I'll keep my peepers out for more concrete word. :)

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78596

As for if I'm going to get them or not, probably not. I will watch James Bond films, but I'm not a huge fan of them. I guess I'm just odd that way. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
09-25-2002, 12:27 AM
Thanks JarJar. Thats helps a lot. I'll probably just pick them up when they come out in October.

Eternal Padawan
09-25-2002, 07:59 AM
I got them the first time they came out. They are really good discs with nifty little featurettes that emcompass the entire James Bond series on each disc. Like one disc will have a gadgets featurette and another will have a retrospective on a production designer who worked on a majority of the films. Plus each disc has a fairly in depth documentary on the disc's film. Lots of cool little behind the scenes anecdotes and stuff. I rearranged my sets so I have a Connery box, a Moore box, and "the other guys" box. When Die Another Day comes out, Lazenby's getting kicked out onto the shelf... :)

ROLLO!

Pendo
09-25-2002, 11:53 AM
I got them when they came out in the collectors tin with all 19 movies in it... but I lost it :( so I will probably wait until Die Another Day comes on DVD, then get another box set with all 20 DVDs in it.

:)

PENDO!

Eternal Padawan
09-26-2002, 09:16 AM
At first I thought you meant you lost the set! :eek:not just the tin. But then I realized you're buying 20 new discs either way...

YOU LOST TWENTY DVDS?!?!

Dude, I wish I could afford to lose $300+ worth of DVDs and not blink... :rolleyes:

ROLLO!

Pendo
09-26-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
At first I thought you meant you lost the set! :eek:not just the tin. But then I realized you're buying 20 new discs either way...

YOU LOST TWENTY DVDS?!?!

Dude, I wish I could afford to lose $300+ worth of DVDs and not blink... :rolleyes:

ROLLO!

No, don't be stupid!!! I didn't lose 20 DVDs...

...There are only 19 Bond movies so for :rolleyes:

It wasn't exactly loosing them, just forgetting them :rolleyes:.

I traveled to Africa for two weeks and took the set along with me to watch while I was there. Being the idiot that I am, I forgot to take them home with me :stupid:.

If I travel back to Africa I will be able to pick them back up but I shouldn't be going there again for a while so it looks like I'm stuck in England without them :(.

The set is re-released on 4th November but I might as well just wait until Die Another Day comes out on DVD and get the 20 disk set that will probably be released :).

For those who don't know what set I'm talking about I have attatched a picture of it :).

PENDO!

mini-rock
09-26-2002, 12:44 PM
I already have the first release versions so will pass on the re-re-release of the Bond DVD's. I agree with Eternal Padawan that they are great discs, but the only way MGM will get me to buy them again is if they include DTS tracks on them. :)

Jayspawn
09-26-2002, 03:38 PM
Thats quite a nifty Bond DVD set there Pendo.