PDA

View Full Version : Reissued POTJ on Saga Cards?

hukilu
09-25-2002, 04:10 PM
If you haven't heard the newest rumors then head on over to:

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=133&zoneid=2

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=132&zoneid=2

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. I think I am discouraged because a) I'm an opener b) Hasbro is using Kenner's mantra as an excuse c) I already have all of the figs being re-released and d) Hasbro is working on new ways to re-release old products instead of working on new products.

I will point out that the Jedi Starfighter with Hyper-ring is awesome but then Why the KBs exclusive with Obi-Wan. They are milking us a little bit. I'm not a strong critic of Hasbro I approve, buy and appreciate most of everything they put out but old figs on new cards I think is a waste of effort that could be applied elsewhere.

What do you think?

bigbarada
09-25-2002, 04:22 PM
Why would they want to reissue the Gunship later on? The AT-TE carrier maybe? Of course, they would need an AT-TE for that. It will most likely be packed with the gunpods that come with the Pilots preinstalled and have a couple of pilots for a pack-in. Either that or a retooled Jedi figure.

The Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring sounds cool, I'm glad I waited on buying the 4/23 version. I knew it was just a matter of time before the AOTC Slave 1 was reissued as a ESB Slave 1.

If the Imperial Officers and Rebel Trooper are the long rumored alternate head sculpts then count me in. If not then...... umm, well, count me in anyways, I could always use a couple more of these guys, and I only saw them once at retail. Since they are re-issuing stuff, why not BoShek or R4-M9? I never saw either of them in the store at all.:frus:

Prince Xizor
09-25-2002, 04:22 PM
Those 4 POTJ figures they plan on re-releasing were never really hard to find around here. You can still get some of them. So I don't really think its neccesary.

As for the vehicles, I totally agree with the repainted Slave I. I would pick that toy up in a second. As for the hyperdrive ring, I think they should release it as a seperate toy, not in a repackaged Starfighter. Waste of my money.

Battle Droid
09-25-2002, 04:57 PM
Cool, I hope the vehicles aren't exclusives, though will most likely be. I do hope the Gunship is the Cargo Gunship.

jjreason
09-25-2002, 05:53 PM
The hyper space ring would make a nice "jedi master points" mail away item.

If they plan to reissue Eeth Koth, why not change the paint scheme (darken the face) and call him the Zubrak jedi from the Arena battle? Id buy one in that case, but not if it's exactly the same. I will buy an extra imperial officer - maybe they'll put him in a gray uni this time - and Ill buy another rebel fleet trooper. Why not. I hope they don't stop focusing on new and different stuff, though. These next two years should be like the POTJ years, full of cool collector oriented figures. Let's hope so.

Jargo
09-25-2002, 06:13 PM
I'll take advantage of this and buy a crapload of rebel fleet troopers and Imperial officers. Got no reason to buy Eeth or Teebo though.
I'll buy the starfighter with hyperdrive ring and I'll definately be getting the Slave-1 repaint.

If this comes off that is. :) How cool to get the detail and sculpt of the AOTC Slave-1 with the ESB paint deco. And as I planned on getting a couple more starfighters I may just wait it out and see if this comes through so i can get the hyperdrive ring too. Wicked news/rumour/chinese whisper.... I so hope this news is truth though. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2002, 07:04 PM
Here's my $0.02:
I would love to get the TIE bomber - I never saw it except for at high prices at C2. I got Eeth, if he's the exact same I'll pass, if he has a new paint scheme and no brown cloak then count me in. I also have the trooper and soldier, I just hope they come with more stuff and possibly new heads - but I'd be fine with new stuff and the old head. I never got Teebo, can't wait! They should release Bo'Shek again - perhaps with a bar piece? - but not R4-M9, they alread rehashed him into the Star Tours line. I don't have the Jedi Starfighter yet, I'll get one next month sometime, and I'll also get the one with a hyperspace ring. I'll use the two for scenes of the cut Jedi space battle (with Adi Gallia). I don't have the old Slave I, or the Saga one, I'll be getting the Saga one as well as the ESB version. My god, when I walk into a Wal-Mart next year, somebody better be there to catch me when I faint from all the good new stuff!

Lord Tenebrous
09-25-2002, 07:08 PM
I strongly believe that with a little integrity, collector's themselves can distribute product better. But this line has become one of severe profit, so we'll get hit with stuff that might not be needed. It's also unfair because the FX-7 and Eeth waves were originally $6.50 US in their initial run (but not quite as unfair as repainting R4-M9 and putting him up for $10).

As far as the ships, I suppose it's fine in very small numbers (as both vehicles are collecting dust). The ring with a solid-mold Jedi Starfighter with a moveable-dome R4-P17 would be nice (even nicer would be electronics). And Slave 1 could use a makeover (although it won't be as impressive as the LEGO resculpt).

The Gunship could be retooled with built-in scaled ball turrets. The version with the pilot just doesn't capture the essence of the movie version, which, quite simply, rocks.

Turbowars
09-25-2002, 07:27 PM
I love it, more card variations!!! So which Star fighter will be worth the most, The boxed, the window boxed, with the ring boxed, with the ring in window boxed, the repaint with ring in ep3 box ...... etc What a joke. I will buy the card variations though.

Prince Xizor
09-25-2002, 07:52 PM
Yeah, this would make 3 differant versions of a ship that doesn't seem to sell well in the first place.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-25-2002, 10:01 PM
They picked a couple of the right figures and ships to rerelease. I am one of the many who missed out on a TIE Bomber and would definitely snatch one up if they rereleased. It also looks like the a few of the rereleased figures are army builders that some of us can always use more of.
Again, I don't see the justification for reissuing the Jedi Starfighter with another accessory. But if that will get them to produce the bomber again, then be my guest.

Sinister Lord
09-25-2002, 10:03 PM
I hope they do reissue a few of the harder to find POTJ figures... that would be great! Back in the late 90's reissues were done all the time in the POTF2 line, and I was often grateful for the reissues, since I often missed some figures the first time around. Figures like the basic Vader got three packaging issues, first orange card, then green card, and finally freeze frame. That way, no one missed out on getting a basic Vader. The only problem was that some figures got issued too many times. But I think Hasbro has probably learned its lesson on that one, and if they do reissue something now, it's probably going to be one of those harder to find figures from the earlier release, like with the recent reissue of the Death Star Trooper (with accessories) at Target. That one was hard to get in the first release, so it made sense to reissue it. Some others that I would love to see get reissued are:

Pote Snitkin
AT-AT Driver
Admiral Motti
R2-D2 with Holographic Leia
Max Rebo
Doda Bodonawieedo
Muftak
Kabe
Zuckuss
Ree-Yees
Captain Peitt
Leia in Boushh Disguise
Jawas (two pack)

It would be cool with me if Hasbro reissued some of these in the new packaging.

Beast
09-25-2002, 10:03 PM
The Hyperdrive Ring probably was a late addition to the movie, so thats why it wasn't part of the first Jedi Starfighter toy. Similar to how the Bubble Turrets for the Republic Gunship vehicle was added late, after the toy was already designed and in production. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

thespar
09-25-2002, 10:53 PM
if they end up putting the hyperdrive ring on the jedi starfighter i pick it up, do not know what various of slave 1 i will get.

Sidiously Darth
09-25-2002, 11:14 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this info come out several months ago? I'm all for rereleasing harder to find figures. Beats the heck out of another Chewbacca figure.:rolleyes:

Rogue II
09-25-2002, 11:29 PM
I have no problem with Hasbro re-releasing some POTJ figures. I would buy a couple more Imperial Officers and Rebel Troopers, especially for $5.

BoShek
09-25-2002, 11:31 PM
Sinister Lord, I agree with you list!!!

bigbarada
09-26-2002, 12:40 AM
They should have a wave of nothing but POTF2 Chewies on Saga cards, just for Sidiously Darth.;):D:D

Sinister Lord
09-26-2002, 09:00 AM
While they're at it, I wouldn't mind if they reissued a few of the harder to find EP1 figures... like the Naboo Royal Guard, TC-14, and R2-B1.

Lman316
09-26-2002, 01:45 PM
I'm kind of split on this one. But since the Eeth Koth wave wasn't available (at all) in my area, I wouldn't mind getting a few more Imperial Officers and Rebel Troopers.
I think I'd also get the Jedi Starfighter with the ring, and in agreement with Lord Tenebrous, I wouldn't mind seeing some electronics for the ship. But, if they opt not to make it one solid ship, they could at least put the electronics in the ring...
I would also be very tempted to pick up the new Slave 1, but I'd like to see what "retooling" they're doing - if in fact, they're doing any at all.
The Gunship, yes, if they add the bubble turrents like everyone else is talking about. The only problem with that is that if I'm able to find a Gunship now, should I buy it? If they're just going to release a better one in a while, why should I bother picking this one up? But, on the other hand, if they don't make it that much better, I could miss out on getting the current one. :rolleyes:
I don't know. Pick and choose, I guess. It'll be better when we actually can see some pictures, I think.

End...

187-Maul
09-26-2002, 03:08 PM
I'm probably gonna buy the eeth koth for my arena since I never got the POTJ version
and I'm maybe gonna buy the slave-one if it'll really be with a OT paint-scheme since I really like that vehicle

Sidiously Darth
09-26-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
They should have a wave of nothing but POTF2 Chewies on Saga cards, just for Sidiously Darth.;):D:D

Ahhhhh! Please, no more Chewies... can't take anymore. Getting dizzy with all the look-a-like wookies. Must remember to breath... blacking out... Chewie's coming right for me...:dead:

Jargo
09-26-2002, 04:21 PM
Not all the gunships in the movie had the side turrets so buying one without and then later buying one with molded on ones woulddn't be bad. If you like the gunship then buy it if you can afford it. Chances are they won't re-release it and if you pass on one while it's still reasonably cheap you might regret it later when collector stores up the price and claim it to be 'rare'.
I'm buying one now because I reckon it looks sweet even without the gun bubbles. If they make one later with better gun bubbles I'll buy that too but I'll still like the one I already have since both versions will be movie correct.

I too would like electronics in the hyperdrive ring. I'd like the hyperdrive ring to have lights and sound effects of hyperdrive travel. I'd like to see the hyperdrive ring sold seperately. With the starfighter is cool but seperately is cooler.
I'd like to see the blast off wings on the starfighter altered so they just form part of the ship and don't pop off. By altering the ship to be more movie accurate and adding in lights to the laser cannon and ION engines you'd still get fun play features. The wings are annoying as they just pop off of their own volition.
I'd like to see the seat headrest made of grey plastic not blue.

Slave-1 I'd like to see the tail end mine dropping feature removed. I'd like to see the blast damage removed. I'd like to see the rear open up instead and have a new Han in carbonite block to store there. One made as a solid piece with a clear stand so it can 'float' . The front missile firing feature can stay because the cover that slides over hides it away so you don't necessarily have to look at it. The grips for the missiles underneath and the buttons for firing the missiles or mines or whatever I'd like to see molded in grey to match the ship not bright yellow. I'd like the missiles to be realistically colored.

abell748
09-26-2002, 05:52 PM
I like the idea of the hyperdrive ring being a jedi points send away for those of us who do not want to clutter our very limited space with another boxed star fighter just so that we can get something that should have come with it when they put obi in with it. I have a feeling that the cases that these reissues would ship in would replace new figures in an assortment making the new guys hard to find. Knowing hasblow they'll screw it up somehow.

sith_killer_99
09-26-2002, 05:55 PM
I could stomach a few army builders and/or HTF figures being re-released on SAGA cards. Here would be my suggestions:

POTJ

Gungan Warrior
Imperial Officer
Rebel Trooper
Sandtrooper (33% Orange, 34% White, 33% Black paldron's)
Scout Trooper (50% Dirty and 50% Clean)

EP1

Darth Sidious (Holograph)
Jar-Jar Binks (Swimming)
Naboo Royal Guard
Pit Droid 2-pk
Queen Amidala (Battle Gear)
R2-B1
Sio Bibble
TC-14

POTF2

Captain Piett
Ree-Yees
Zuckuss
Imperial Scanning Technician
AT-AT Commander (General Veers)

CommTech POTF2

R2-D2 with holo Leia
Admiral Motti
Princess Leis (hood up)
Stormtrooper

Just my 2 cents, as for any others...we should get resculpts. Here's what I would like to see redone from the lines:

POTF2

AT-AT Driver
AT-ST Driver (with removable helmet)
Biggs Darklighter (with removable helmet)
Wedge Antilles (with removable helmet)
Bossk
Darth Vader (with 2 piece removable helmet!)
Death Star Gunner
Death Star Trooper
Dengar
Emperor Palpatine
Han Solo Hoth
Luke Dagobah
Luke Jedi Knight
Luke Hoth
Princess Leia (Death Star Rescue)
R5-D4
Snowtrooper
TIE Fighter Pilot

It would be great if they just snuck in one or two in each new wave. Say, one re-pack and/or one re-sculpt. That way collectors don't feel cheated. The only down side is that it would take a LONG time to get everything listed here.;)

Battle Droid
09-26-2002, 06:22 PM
I want more Security Battle Droids. (I've only got 2)

Turbowars
09-28-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The Hyperdrive Ring probably was a late addition to the movie, so thats why it wasn't part of the first Jedi Starfighter toy. Similar to how the Bubble Turrets for the Republic Gunship vehicle was added late, after the toy was already designed and in production. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks JJB, I was just looking at my Gunship and I believe the Bubble Turrets were always planned to be sold seperate. If you look where they will attached, the gunship has molded cutouts and screwed inplace brackets. Just a observation.

InsaneJediGirl
09-28-2002, 10:42 PM
I'm glad these are being released,because I never saw them in my area!It will be good to stock up on things I never saw.

I'm not sure about the hyperdrive ring.Why not just package it as Deluxe and include a Obi-Wanto get kids to buy the hyperdrive ring?It could just be a repackage of the JS Obi

bigbarada
09-28-2002, 11:21 PM
As long as they are rereleasing stuff, why not rerelease the Y-Wing and Skiff? Many of us never found those at Target and I would love to get a Y-Wing. They could even take out the built in R2 unit and give it electronics to make it worthwhile.:)

Deoxyribonucleic
11-19-2002, 11:45 PM
Saga Tusken w/Massiff is a rehash of the POTJ Tusken. Exact same sculpt, just a different paint job.

Jedi Master Silas
11-20-2002, 12:02 AM
Me and my husband were just talking about the Starfighter while watching AOTC last night. I dont see why they didnt make the KB with the hyper ring.....that would have been very cool. What a shame.
Personally about the repacks I'd much rather see new products then the same old figs with different packages.
Ummm did Hasbros creative team crawl into a hole and die???

bobafett07728
11-20-2002, 03:19 PM
My opinion on the repacks is this. . .

If they sell well. . . great. . . Hasbro makes more $$. . . we get more stuff.

However. . . if they warm the pegs. . . Hasbro screwed up. . . we get less stuff.

So. . . hopefully. . . if they make the repacks (which seem inevitable), they will repack stuff of interest. Don't reissue something that is warming pegs (Eeth Koth, Jedi Starfighter), reissue something that sold rather well and has a demand (army builders, exclusives.) It will be in a different package. . . so the hard-core collectors don't have to worry about the value of their precious POTJ TIE Bomber, but everyone else will be able to have their own TIE Bomber.

I know it may sound sacreliogios(sp?), but I am all for Hasbro making $$. The moment they stop to make money off Star Wars, is when we start to get less new stuff, and eventually nothing at all. I know it gets pricey at times, and I have had to say no to quite a few things because I just couldn't afford it all, but it is all for the best. I'd rather have too much. . .than nothing at all. I remember how much it sucked as a kid going to the toy store and not seeing Star Wars anymore. . . I fear for the day that happens again, and hope it doesn't come anytime in the near future.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-20-2002, 03:25 PM
That's BS!! So, in order to get that nifty ring, we have to repurchase the Starfighter? Dang nabit!!!

Screw it, i'll just make my own out of popsicle sticks and toothpicks and it'll be the kewlest thing ever, you'll all see!!! muahahahahhahahahahahah!!

I'll definately get the repainted Boba Fett style Slave I though. Woohooo!!! I just hope any vehicles will have that new nifty window thing a ma bob. That'd rule!! :D