PDA

View Full Version : JediCole's Quest for the Holy Grail (Figures)

JediCole
09-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Let me preface this post by pointing out to my fellow moderators that I recognize that this post may be best suited for the "Buying/Selling" section, but rest assured, a copy of that aspect of this post appears there. I am using this particular post to also share info about this line in much the way we have shared information, thoughts, and musings on our personal fondness for a particular line. And yes, I am hopeful that this will also serve to get the Sir Steve's community to lend a helping hand in my search for Series I Holy Grail figures.

For those of you who have seen some of Sideshow Toys' work, you know what I am on about when I say that they have done a super job on the Monty Pythion and the Holy Grail line! I bought King Arthur for Mrs. JediCole back when they first came out. Unfortunatly I drug my feet on picking up the other four. And now it seems that they have pretty much disappeared from the stores around here. So I now turn to the fine folks of Sir Steve's Guide to aid me in my search.

Though I know that Sideshow will soon be rereleasing all five of the originals, they will all feature a "dirty, road-weary" over-paint, so they would not sort well with the King Artur figure already in Mrs. JediCole's collection.

We also have Patsy and the Black Knight so far, and are looking forward to Tim the Enchanter, the Rude Frenchman, and the King of Swamp Castle! Needless to say, we will not miss any more of these guys, though we don't want ALL of them. Not to impugne the other figures, but Prince Herbert, the Dead Collector, and a few others are just not as appealing to us at this time.

For those of you unfamiliar with the line, in typical Sideshow fashion, the liknesses are incredible and the costumes are great! As are the accessories! Each figure features a silver/black "chainmail" body suit, some kind of over tunic, belt, scabbard, sword and shield. Some have helmets as well, and all have great, movie-based accessories. Sir Galahad comes with a lantern featuring a Grail-shaped aperature (undoubtedly obtained at Castle Anthrax), Sir Bedavere comes with a duck, with which to counterweight suspected witches, and Sir Robin features a bloddy-mawed killer rabbit! All in all it is a great line! Of course I need all of the above and Sir Lancelot, but I have seen them all in the past and they are great!

Also, newer releases like Patsy are incredible. Arthur's favorite squire comes with an impecably detailed backpack (I finally figured out that much of his pack rests on what must have been a "field throne" for the King) and, of rourse, two empty halves of coconut to bang together. And don't forget the Black Knight! He features removeable arms and legs ("I'll have your leg!") so you can challenge him in a duel that will certainly end in a draw!

So, that being said, if anyone can help me out in obtaining some of these guys, I would appreciate it. I am willing to pay $30.00 each plus shipping and would even consider buying all five to get the four we need. Please feel free to email jedicole@yahoo.com if you think you can help.

Exhaust Port
09-26-2002, 10:27 AM
I own the first series of the knights and I agree with you JediCole that the figures are outstanding. Sorry but I'm not selling mine. I have this feeling that you will have a tough time even finding those figures at their original cost of $35 let alone $30. Checking eBay someone is selling the 4 figures you Seek for the orginal price of $35. Good luck in your Quest.

Lman316
09-26-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
I own the first series of the knights and I agree with you JediCole that the figures are outstanding. Sorry but I'm not selling mine. I have this feeling that you will have a tough time even finding those figures at their original cost of $35 let alone $30. Checking eBay someone is selling the 4 figures you Seek for the orginal price of $35. Good luck in your Quest.

I don't collect these, but I was just about to suggest Ebay too. I checked it out and there is a whole list of auctions.
But, if you're interested, JediCole, here is the search I did. I hope you can find what you're looking for:

Ebay Search List (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=monty+python&ht=1&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&CATEGORY0=220&BasicSearch=)

End...

JediCole
09-27-2002, 10:18 AM
Thank you for your replies. I lost on an auction for the first five at roughtlly $30.00 each (and lost by a very narrow margin I might add). The next set I found was the same five plus Pasty, but it was already bordering on $40.00 each. And a recent eBay search on my part found King Arthur alone going from between $45 and $60! Just Aruther by himself!

Anyway, I also posted my plea on the site of a toy show where Mrs. JediCole and I sell and one reply has garnered a promise to bring me two of the four I need, unopened, at a mere $20.00 each! Hopefully I will find the other two at the show.

Exhaust Port
09-27-2002, 03:23 PM
Sounds promising. Good luck.

"I'm 37, I'm not old."

JediCole
10-19-2002, 12:49 AM
Well, the quest goes well. I have managed to secure two of the four needed for Mrs. JediCole's collection, Sir Galahad and Sir Bedevere. Sir Lancelot and Sir Robin remain ellusive, however an email from a Sir Steve's Guide member has promise that I may yet obtain the remaining two figures in short order.
Thank you to Sir Steve's Guide and its members!

Darth Cruel
11-05-2002, 11:16 PM
I have been wishing I could collect these figures since I first saw them about a year ago. that rude Frenchman makes me laugh whenever I see the near-perfect likeness and think to myself "I fart in your general direction!" And the Black "It's just a flesh wound" Knight gives me the same laugh.

derek
11-05-2002, 11:29 PM
suncoast, the mall movie store had these marked down big time a while back. i regret not getting them.:(

Exhaust Port
11-06-2002, 09:00 AM
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that some of the online stores will start discounting these figures. Black Knight, Rude Frenchman, Tim the Enchanter, Dead Collector....I want them all.

stillakid
11-06-2002, 10:32 AM
I just saw some of these in the new Entertainment Earth catalogue. I know that they are usually more expensive, but if you want them...

Exhaust Port
11-06-2002, 06:47 PM
I just can't believe the price that's charged for the individual figures. Both the original and now second series Holy Grail Knights cost $120 for 5 figures, $24 per figure. All the other individual figures are priced at $38 each! That's rediculous. I'd pay $25 for those figures but not $38.

JediCole
11-20-2002, 09:18 PM
Well, the quest is over! Thanks to a helpful Sir Steve's Guide member and someone who attends local toy shows! I have completed Mrs. JediCole's collection of Python figures! And the Tim the Enchanter figure just recently arrived. See my other post in this area for important news about Holy Grail figures from Sideshow Toys!