PDA

View Full Version : Execution Arena Diorama

ACPin
09-25-2002, 11:07 PM
Done! :D

Execution Arena (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=29&show_article=82)

Darth Sidious
09-26-2002, 05:51 AM
It's great! I really like it. If only we had some picadors and Orrays...Even without them though, it's still really cool. :)

187-Maul
09-26-2002, 08:10 AM
yeah it looks really cool, just as I suspected
nice as always...

JediDan
09-27-2002, 03:20 PM
Awesome!!! I like it.

Battle Droid
09-27-2002, 03:25 PM
Care to tell us what you made the columns out of?

Very COOL indeed! :eek:

ACPin
09-27-2002, 10:35 PM
Due to the response on the preview of this diorama, I was kinda worried that the completed one wouldn't live up to the hype! :( I'm relieved to find out that you all like it! :D

Originally posted by Battle Droid
Care to tell us what you made the columns out of?

Very COOL indeed! :eek:
I thought nobody would ever ask about them! :crazed: Have you seen this shot? (http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=36003&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5)

Top and bottom of the column is the accessory that comes with Padme. Inside it is a dowel about 12" long and 7/8" diameter. Stuck the top and bottom columns at the ends of the dowel. Then I used a modeling clay mixture that hardens when exposed to air to fill in the exact thickness of the column all the way around. Before it hardens, I skewed lines around the length of the column starting with those that are already at the top and bottom. Let it dry for about an hour and then painted it with a dark brown acrylic paint (mixed with some black to get the same shade as the top and bottom). Add the chains that I bought from a $ store and you got the perfect column for your execution arena! :cool:

Battle Droid
09-27-2002, 11:49 PM
Cool, what's the background made from? :)

ACPin
09-28-2002, 10:22 AM
Cool, what's the background made from? :)
Here's a hint about the background! ;)
Do you like gardening? :confused: :crazed: :happy:

Battle Droid
09-28-2002, 06:15 PM
Can't say I know much about gardening, but I'll make a guess, are they some kind of stepping stones?

ACPin
10-01-2002, 08:28 PM
Can't say I know much about gardening, but I'll make a guess, are they some kind of stepping stones?
You'll just have to find out for yourself. :D They're made of plastic and not very thick so you really can't use them as stepping stones. ;)