PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Found and Not Found Master List

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

pegger
09-09-2003, 09:56 PM
right next to the zoids stuff low on the diagram right? hate to be the one but, those are more zoids. sorry.

thanks SQ.... :cry: next you'll be telling me that Santa's not real either...... ;)

I figure I've spent over $1000 easy this year too.....with more to come....

It's really sad, because I'd much rather spend it here in Canada than on-line....atleast the exchange rate is getting better tho!

jjreason
09-09-2003, 11:54 PM
It is, but that kicked me in the bag today. I had 20US on my dresser, figure'd I'd put it on the Amex to minimize the damage done by my etailer. 20 got me 26. I remember paying well over 30 to get 20 last year. Oh well, guess I better start buying a little more when the overtime comes in. Pegger, I don't know if you saw, but they had Optimus Prime (classic series I) at my TRU today, 59.99 in case you're after him. Too pricey for ol' jjr.

pegger
09-10-2003, 08:41 AM
jj - Thanks for the offer....got him back when he first came out.....

Do you think it's safe to say that we're not getting the "value packs"?

jjreason
09-10-2003, 01:11 PM
jj - Thanks for the offer....got him back when he first came out.....

Do you think it's safe to say that we're not getting the "value packs"?

I don't know what to think. I would have figured TRU would have been onto a "new" Star Wars line like glue, but nothing yet. Maybe in another month or so when the Christmas displays are getting put together we'll get a bunch of stuff up here, but Im not real hopeful.

seth_quinn
09-10-2003, 05:53 PM
ah, I see that I'm not the only one concerned about getting these. I don't know that I'm gonna wait this one out, think I'll see if a US connection can work out a hook up.

DarthBrandon
09-10-2003, 07:18 PM
This just in from Snowtroopers.ca, I was browsing the site and came across this.

(I received a reply back from customer service at Toys-R-Us regarding the TRU exclusive Hoth 4 pack.
"In regards to your inquiry, please contact your local Toys "R" Us store by using our SKU # 890561 HOTH 4 PK $34.99 should be available during the end of August."
Hopefully there will be more new things coming soon.)

Well all I have to say it's September now, so I doubt that will pan out.

Also mentioned on the site was that there are some new S.W. products at http://www.chinookandhobbywest.com/

Imperial Dogfight Tie Fighter / pilot - $44.99
A-Wing fighter - $44.99
12" Gamorrean Guard - $44.99
They also have received some more 3 3/4 " figures

The new figures are $12.99 while older ones are $4.99, they also have some deluxe figures for $7.99 (All Canadian prices.) They will be updating their website soon with the new figs and ships etc.

pegger
09-10-2003, 08:38 PM
ah, I see that I'm not the only one concerned about getting these. I don't know that I'm gonna wait this one out, think I'll see if a US connection can work out a hook up.

The kicker for me is that I really didn't want the Clone Wars stuff..(trying to concentrate only on movie items)....but I want these!!!!

Been watching ebay.....

jjreason
09-10-2003, 11:42 PM
The only things I don't have sorted out right now are that Dog Fight TIE (still unsure if I want it - is the figure the same as the other vehicle pack in TIE Pilots? I can't see why it WOULDN'T be, but is it?) and the variations on that Clone Wars Clonetrooper Army builder set. Im still not even sure which one Im getting yet (and won't likely know until it gets here). I have both Han coats on preorder, are they both up here now? Which one hit retail in Ontario? Anyone concerned themselves with the second (unreleased) wave of Cantina sets (specifically the Kitik Keedkak one)?

seth_quinn
09-11-2003, 07:05 AM
a bunch of guys from the snowtrooper forums are callling and checking each of their local stores pretty much daily. based on the reports back from them, the hoth set is coming, just a matter of time.

has anyone ever ordered from chinook? wondering what their shipping prices are like. legends has those ships and some of that other stuff too, they charge a flat $8 shipping which is sweet for large orders.

I want the cw stuff, I just have no need for doubles of those base figures and want the bonus clones. prices on ebay are just stupid right now, bin for $30 - brutal

looks like the same ole tie pilot to me, I held him up to some of the other box windows to compare and I can't see a difference. I've never really been an army builder (buying just 1 of everything keeps me poor enough, I don't know how these guys that 10 of everything do it) but anyway, it's always looked fun so I'm planning on trying to find the 8 variations of these someday. has anyone seen or heard about a brown coat han? pretty sure it was blue here in Ont. yeah, I'd like the second wave of cantina sets, after investing in the first set, not would feel incomplete, & the 3 figures in the 2nd wave look so much better than wave 1.

pegger
09-11-2003, 11:22 AM
I've been debating the TIE fighter too.....If it had re-scaled wings I would have jumped on it...

SQ - wadda you you think? Is it worth $45 CDn?

I would also love to get the CW trooper builder sets....I'm also only a 1 of every kind collector....but MAJOR variatons I'm a sucker for......

Too bad Hasbro Canada doesn't want my money.....

jjreason
09-12-2003, 12:12 AM
Believe me, Pegger, they want it - but they've been badly trained by us. They kick us in the nuts with exclusive crap and no Canadian releases, and what do we do? Rebel? No. Hold our money? No. We WORK HARDER to give them MORE of our money!!! Honestly, I don't blame Hasbro (well, not entirely true - but they're not totally responsible). It's mostly our fault. Crappy, but true.

seth_quinn
09-12-2003, 02:05 AM
is the new tie worth $45? it's so hard for me to say. if you don't have a potf one then hands down this is the one to get. comparing it to the gunship I picked up on the weekend for the same $ (probably less actually) it's not even close. sorry, I'm not much help here, I have a pretty twisted sense of how I place value on things. I'll drop $80+ on a hoodie without even thinking but can't spend more than $40 on pants without being bitter about it. the other problem is that it just goes straight on the cc. if it wasn't a rarity and just sitting on a shelf at wmart/tru and I was going to pay $50 cash for it, I'd probably walk past it for a few weeks, then get the panic that they may be all gone soon and sneak off to pick it up when the gf wasn't around. (hope you're all getting a kick out of my dementia. to be honest, if I was you, I would be)

anybody else tiring of the repacks and rehashes? I'm looking around my office and the two of everything theme is starting to take over, 2 ties, 2 bombers, 2 snowspeeders, 2 landspeeders, 2 at-sts, 2 gunships, 2 a-wings, .......... would you rather have the rehashes or nothing at all?

now there's a topic that I've been struggling with a bit lately, what separates the major variations from the minor ones? I continually find myself working harder to pick up variations of things that I would have clearly passed on previously.

hey pegger, you should get in on kidhuman's hockey pool, jjr and I are already in. check for the thread in the misc >> other. forum.

I was originally going to disagree with you a little jjr, but after reflecting for a few, I totally agree. hasbro Canada has totally hooped us and we've just taken it like a ball-gagged prison b*tch. yes you can portion out some blame on the retailers but I think it should still fall back to the supplier. by not taking a more active role in how retailers sell their product, they've effed themselves and us too in the process. our problem is we're typical make no fuss Canadians, most of us have called hasbro/tru/wmart once, got brushed off and never did anything else about it. there's some irony here, we're talking about toys, and how did we get toys as children? we pestered the sh*t out of our parents. there really is no substitute for good fundamentals is there?

mabudonicus
09-12-2003, 08:49 AM
That's funny, bro.... I wish I could say I'm any better..... of course, I'm different about it, but the same fervour comes through...
Good irony too... I bet none of us got toys by asking once, accepting the "NO" result, then getting online and posting "well, I'm never getting THAT"
ROFL!!!!
Being a minitatures artist of sorts, repaints and repacks are only good if you missed it the first time, otherwise it's the same dam thing
I would be in the hockey league, but again I'm blinded by blue and white and notmuch good at looking at anything any other way... I'm already making my stanley-cup in toronto contingency plans... are you gonna celebrate, SQ???

seth_quinn
09-12-2003, 10:36 AM
helllllllllll yeah, I was living less than a block from yonge/dundas when the jays won in 92, that party was insane. I wouldn't miss a TO cup celebration for anything, it would make every celebration before it look like a polite golf-clap.

pegger - you get the spider and droid factory sets yet? if not, they had a few at Oakville tru. I doubt I'll ever crack that tub of play-doh but I think it'll be a pretty neat piece once it's set up.

hoth4 update - a report has it seen arriving at the yonge/steeles tru yesterday, it was also mentioned that there will be another 4pack arriving in Nov. perhaps imp4 after all?

pegger
09-12-2003, 12:08 PM
To bad the Leafs will suck again this year tho!!! (Go SENS!!)

SQ- yeah, I grabbed both (wasn't going to originally, but since they FINALLY showed up....) The Super Droid Builder actually looks awesome when it's all put together......I really like it.. (havne't played with the play doh, but I think both of these had excellent "play" value)

thanks for the Hoth report - I'll have to swing by TRU on the home.....

pegger
09-12-2003, 12:32 PM
BTW everyone....I FINALLY got a pic of lil' pegger on my profile!!!! (in one of his rarer moments) :)

jjreason
09-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Ha! He's awesome, Pegger!!! He has "frown face" like my daughter had! (Not insinuating anything, believe me :D ). That's just super, hopefully you'll be seeing more of that look in the coming weeks.

DarthBrandon
09-12-2003, 01:27 PM
That's a pretty nice pic of the little bambino, it reminds me of when my son was that small, if you get a chance bath him in the kitchen sink and take some pics, they are always great to show the kids when they are a little older. Brandon keeps asking me "whose the baby in the sink daddy"? I keep telling Brandon that it's him as a little baby, but he keeps saying "no it's not daddy, I'm too big for the sink". :D

seth_quinn
09-12-2003, 06:10 PM
ha! nice! looks like he's got on luke's black hooded robe from rotj, he rocks!

jjreason
09-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Scuttled off to TRU this afternoon in hopes of finding a Hoth set. Nothing SW. I did get the Helm's Deep set for LOTR as well as a single carded Eowyn figure from the new ROTK packaged wave, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

pegger
09-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Scuttled off to TRU this afternoon in hopes of finding a Hoth set. Nothing SW. I did get the Helm's Deep set for LOTR as well as a single carded Eowyn figure from the new ROTK packaged wave, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

Scored a Hoth set today...$30 +tax

The R3 is AWESOME!!!

seth_quinn
09-13-2003, 02:59 PM
$30? mine was $35 (+tax) nice score! how's your leia? mine is a little dark, more like carrie-bean fisher. black blaster for luke but silver for leia and chewie, what's up with that? did you open yours? at first I didn't think the tauntaun was split belly by upon further examination I can see that it is but it still looks kinda weird. score of the day... on my way home I found a glass front cabinet at a garage sale up the street for $5. a bit of silver krylon and it'll look tip-top.

jjreason
09-13-2003, 08:49 PM
Hey that's amazing! If anyone has the cash available I'd appreciate a pickup and hold scenario (meaning if you could pick me up one, and keep the receipt, you'd be able to return it for cash back later when/if I find one out here). We got the Bounty one, so Im sure it's just a matter of keeping my eyes open for the next week or so.

pegger
09-14-2003, 08:48 AM
anybody else tiring of the repacks and rehashes?

.......... would you rather have the rehashes or nothing at all?

now there's a topic that I've been struggling with a bit lately, what separates the major variations from the minor ones? I continually find myself working harder to pick up variations of things that I would have clearly passed on previously.

hey pegger, you should get in on kidhuman's hockey pool, jjr and I are already in. check for the thread in the misc >> other. forum.

SQ - editted your post a bit, so I could respond....

I am COMPLETELY tired of Re-hases and re-packs.....I used to be a completetionist...but I'm only picking up stuff that I like, or is SIGNIFIGANTLY better now.... All the re-packs figs are staying put...

When I do get a "better" re-hash, the old one is going into my son's playbox - for when he's older.....(all he does is stare and drool right now, so I don't think he appreciates them as much as I do.) :)

Minor variation - color change
Major Variation - sculpt change. - The TIE has me in a bind, as it is a "major variation" - just wished they would have fixed the wings.... - ordered one from Legends yesterday...

Joined the pool - can you see which team is mine??? (my yahoo handle is different from my SSG one...)

BTW - Caved and e-bay-ed all 3 of the 2 packs....total was $46.00 (including shipping) (($12 each +$10 total for shipping))

seth_quinn
09-14-2003, 01:09 PM
no worries jjr - you're covered. I'll be back in Oakville for hockey on wed & thurs if not sooner. it'll be at least another week before Brampton gets theirs and you know they're gonna pegwarm there. keep me posted.

yeah, I think I can tell which team is yours. mine might be a little harder to figure out, the hint is in my sig. line.

ouch! I was surfing around ebay last night, I was going to bookmark this one particular auction but then I saw that the high bidder was... pegger1972. so moved on, I found one by the same seller but this morning it was up to $30+, too much for these imo. $30 inc ship is my limit for these. I'm see if my contact can hook me up and if not put out a general plea.

it's those darn colour changes that get me, green boba, leftie luke, no desire. imperials, rebels, pit droids, gotta have'em. the wing thing was short sighted on hasbro's part, the increase in sales would far out weigh what it would have cost them to do the wings right. how long do you think before we see a new vader tie?

pegger
09-14-2003, 03:29 PM
ouch! I was surfing around ebay last night, I was going to bookmark this one particular auction but then I saw that the high bidder was... pegger1972. so moved on, I found one by the same seller but this morning it was up to $30+, too much for these imo. $30 inc ship is my limit for these. I'm see if my contact can hook me up and if not put out a general plea.

Mighty kind of ya SQ - but got outbid...and since I "buy it now"-ed the others, I just let it go.....It was a bit more than I wanted (Usually $10 a fig is my max) but for $6 more...I figured what the hell....

I'd rather see a Twin Pod, Sith Interceptor, or something new than another Vader TIE.......

haggis
09-14-2003, 11:39 PM
Missed the Hoth pack at my local TRU yesterday(SAT.). Didn't get there until 6pm. Apparently they were all sold by 3pm(sounds like a single case, so far). Damn this having to work for a living! I'll keep checking as the Bountyhunter packs resurfaced a couple of times.
I've ordered from Chinook before. Got a couple of Clone Troopers w Speeder bike from them. They were on non-mint cards but cheap and the postage was reasonable.

seth_quinn
09-16-2003, 11:11 AM
ok. somebody lock me in a room with no computer, car or credit cards. please.

followed pegger's lead and got the 3 value sets off ebay ($24.5us, don't know the shipping yet)
then went absolutely nuts at the Outer Reaches yesterday. a case and six more just for good measure. here's the breakdown:
most are from Mexico, which means they are US cards but have a Spanish warning sticker in the top right hand corner covering the English warning text printed on the card and a fan club promo sticker in Spanish just to the left of the hanger hole on the front of the card as well. with a little pre-heating, time and care, both peel off easily. there is also a sticker on the bottom of the insert covering the jedi points and upc. it has the Mexican importer info in Spanish and a new upc on it. now I don't know if this is typical of all the gold saga cards but the figure numbers on the inserts don't match the ones on the card backs for maul (23 insert/25 cardback) and han (25 insert/27 cardback) the same error does appear on the maul I picked up in the US recently. here's what I actually got:

02/11 - battle droid (red) *available
03/10 - lama su w/clone youth
03/11 - aayla secura (x2, one for my desk)
03/12 - barriss offee
03/15 - yoda & chian
03/16 - ashla & jempa
03/17 - luke skywalker (trd - Lhand error) *available
03/18 - darth vader (trd)
03/19 - snowtrooper
03/20 - jango fett
03/21 - c-3po
03/22 - padmé amidala (wedding)
03/23 - wat tambor
03/24 - coleman trebor
03/25 - darth maul *available
03/26 - princess leia organa
03/27 - han solo

I spent the $30 to get a lifetime membership good for 10% forever. the case price was $114.75/$9.56 each and the other six were $10.78 each (10.99/12.40 tax in)

as noted, some of these are available.
luke - trd (left hand error): will trade for right hand luke
red battle droid & gold card maul: US or Spanish card (your choice) mix and match, will trade for saga teebo or dark hair imperial officer.
other stuff that's taking up space and has gotta go:
ephant mon - UK sticker back x2
red battle droid - tomy sticker back x2
leia/chewie trash set (bottom right front corner ding)
clone w/red speeder dlx
EI podracer fuel acc. set (mint!)

pegger
09-16-2003, 01:49 PM
ok. somebody lock me in a room with no computer, car or credit cards. please.

followed pegger's lead and got the 3 value sets off ebay ($24.5us, don't know the shipping yet)

Good haul SQ - $10 cheaper than me too......guess I'm too impatient......

seth_quinn
09-16-2003, 03:00 PM
yeah, except that I just got the shipping quote, $13.50. yippie. oh well...

jjreason
09-17-2003, 03:40 AM
It's so frustrating..... man, SQ, I know EXACTLY what you're thinking... ready?

"Well, what are you gonna do? Had to be done." Right? RIGHT? I KNEW it!! :D

Man, we used to have it SO GOOD for Star Wars stuff up here, we got everything until they screwed up ordering so badly on the Episode I stuff. Forever will Padme and Queen Amidala from collection 1, wave 1 of the Ep. I figures be considered "JJ's Bane". I can still (and no, Im not kidding) pick them up at my Zellers here in Nanaimo. Honest.

seth_quinn
09-17-2003, 11:15 AM
It's so frustrating..... man, SQ, I know EXACTLY what you're thinking... ready?

"Well, what are you gonna do? Had to be done." Right? RIGHT? I KNEW it!! :D

Man, we used to have it SO GOOD for Star Wars stuff up here, we got everything until they screwed up ordering so badly on the Episode I stuff. Forever will Padme and Queen Amidala from collection 1, wave 1 of the Ep. I figures be considered "JJ's Bane". I can still (and no, Im not kidding) pick them up at my Zellers here in Nanaimo. Honest.

yup! :D

saw a report that had the hoth4 spotted at the Richmond tru, you should be able find one in your area soon.

ooo really? I missed those. can you pick them up for me? yeah, whatever. brutal.

you'll love this, I heard that a big part of our problem right now is the fact that hasbro Canada failed/neglected to place their order on time. even after beign warned ahead of time, they didn't bother because they've always just been sent stuff in the past.

Bosskman
09-17-2003, 06:28 PM
I just got the Hoth 4-pack at TRU in Moncton NB. I also saw the following figures:

New Hoth Han
Mynock Chewie
Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon
Mace Windu with the thing in his back

pegger
09-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Just got my Legends package today....

Got the Dogfight TIE, Deluxe Jango and Deluxe Obi-Wan....

I really like the deluxe's...Janog is kinda fun, adn Obi looks great The scene set up together looks really nice to.....I'm a little "ehh" on the TIE. It's ok, and the pod looks WAY better....but the wings are still horrid....-IMO (i.e don't think it was worth $45.00...maybe $25.00)

Oh well....

jjreason
09-18-2003, 12:04 AM
SQ - your finger is so on the pulse man, who do you blow know? :D

I DID find a Hoth pack out here today, though again Im not overly thrilled with the bloody figures. Leia is so wrong it hurts - they used the totally wrong legs, boots, etc. There was nothing wrong with the first Hoth Leia, why not send her? And to include a POTF2 era Luke makes the whole pkg look shoddier. The new Luke is on the way, and new Hoth Han has just hit the shelves - if they'd picked one of these two instead, the set would have gone up a notch. And it wouldn't have cost any more to produce. Oh well, Hoth is Hoth. Had to have it.

Pegger, I thought those deluxes were better than usual as well. They didn't manage to keep my interest for too long though, and were soon swept into the big rubbermaid tower with the rest of their overpriced brethren.

As for other finds at TRU, they did have a prologue Bilbo ROTK figure that I looked at and passed on, as well as Manga SPidey and Morbius the Living Vampire from the Spider-Man line (which I passed on as well). Hopefully the wave IV Marvel Legends will get here for Christmas.

seth_quinn
09-18-2003, 01:59 AM
the snowtroopers got a new forum and it's vastly improved over that savagely terrible old one, so I've been puttering around on it a bit.

there was a post about a trivia section where the mod was saying he'd set it up when he got the chance but was really too busy to run it right now, I responded and said if he set it up, once a week or so I'd put up some questions from my sw trivial pursuit, I get a pm a few hours later informing me I'm one of two new mods for that forum. seth_mod, how scary is that? anyway... the hoth4 tip came from their "just found" forum, and the story about hasbro was from todd at tOR the other day when I was there picking up figures. here's another one, hasbro used to be one a terms system of payment, they switched to a payment by cc system, tOR had a bunch of pre-orders for stuff like the clone 3-packs and unleashed, because they were ordered during the old system, hasbro just cancelled all there orders without bothering to send out any sort of notification. there are 3 shops that get serious consideration from hasbro, pretty sure legends is 1, think chinook is 2 and would guess the snail as 3. everyone else gets the shaft. ...here's the kicker to that earlier story, because of has-can's lax-a-daisy approach to ordering, Canada is now at the absolute bottom of the priority pole without exception.

hey pegger, sorry, told ya so. but what are ya gonna do? gotta have it. and there's at least 4 more vehicles coming this year alone that are gonna cost just as much and be just as big a disappointment.

jjreason
09-18-2003, 02:11 AM
Hey that's kind of cool, SQ! I'll have to poke around there a bit more. I registered a long time ago, but never even sign in there when I check the site. If I choose to post, I can just fill in the blanks when I type - but that's not very often. I just read the "Just Founds" and beat it. I did have one good trade with a guy from North Bay though, for those stupid cereal Rubik's Cube things. I stopped checking it frequently during the drought, but have been a little better lately. Keep us posted as to what you're working on so we can come and spam up your boards....

seth_quinn
09-22-2003, 12:01 AM
the more the merrier. lots of people seem to have lots of goodies for trade/sale so if you're looking for anything...

what else is going on? anyone? anyone?...

jjreason
09-22-2003, 06:05 AM
Nothing much, man. Lord of the Rings is ruling my trips to the toy aisles these days, I just love em.

DarthBrandon
09-22-2003, 09:47 AM
Just a note to all, Jango's Slave1 is on sale at Zellers for $14.00 dollars, not a bad price if you ask me.

Darkross
09-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Picked up Han Hoth at TRU on the weekend. They also had the Hoth 4 packs and Chewie Mynock, Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon. I only bought Han Hoth though... I'll probably go back and get the Hoth 4 pack now that I think about it. Should have bought it when I saw it. They also still have the Ultimate Bounty 4 pack.

seth_quinn
09-22-2003, 08:47 PM
pegger, overlord, anybody else, - there's a toy show by the airport coming up in Oct (19?). some of us local snowtroopers are discussing meeting up. interested at all?

jjreason
09-23-2003, 01:16 AM
Hey Darkross! Nice pickup on the Hoth Han, I still haven't seen any of the 2003 figures in Nanaimo (though apparently Victoria has seen them). There is every possibility that someone saw them and cleaned the place out. We have about 5 of the Hoth sets left here (looks like Im the only one who's bought it so far), but the Bounty sets are long gone. Weird in my opinion as the Hoth set outshines it by far.

Got my Sandtrooper builder set from my brother today - with an EXTRA BACKPACK IN WITH ONE OF THE FIGURES!!!! I ROCK!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :D

Im not too sure why they didn't put the dirt paint apps on, I loved the way the POTJ Tatooine Trooper looked. Must have been to save a buck or two; shame they won't look right in a diorama.

mabudonicus
09-23-2003, 09:28 AM
Funny, I like the "clean" troops better... although YOU bought em.... so I guess what I likes don't matter...

I DID see an ultimate bounty and a factory flight R2 here at TRU, that was IT though.... we're in the same boat in that case, JJ...

Hey, SQ, we could mebbe be in to a T.O. trip soon, I'll ask and see what's up

jjreason
09-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Another gripe about that set - no range finders. The pictures clearly show each trooper with a set, but none packed in mine. I guess that extra backpack ain't so great now!!!!

Darkross
09-24-2003, 11:21 AM
Hey Darkross! Nice pickup on the Hoth Han, I still haven't seen any of the 2003 figures in Nanaimo (though apparently Victoria has seen them). There is every possibility that someone saw them and cleaned the place out. We have about 5 of the Hoth sets left here (looks like Im the only one who's bought it so far), but the Bounty sets are long gone. Weird in my opinion as the Hoth set outshines it by far.

Got my Sandtrooper builder set from my brother today - with an EXTRA BACKPACK IN WITH ONE OF THE FIGURES!!!! I ROCK!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :D

Im not too sure why they didn't put the dirt paint apps on, I loved the way the POTJ Tatooine Trooper looked. Must have been to save a buck or two; shame they won't look right in a diorama.

So the Sandtrooper builder set....are they all the same figures as the Sandtrooper on Dewback (with that really wide stance) or are they a different sculpt?

jjreason
09-24-2003, 01:32 PM
They're the Power of the Jedi "Tatooine Stormtrooper" sculpt, with the exact same blaster and backpack but no rangefinders, and no dirty paint application. The POTJ one was probably the best Stormtrooper we've had to date (along with Commtech) so I figured these would be a lock for coolness. They're not bad, but I would have been happier if I'd gotten some more stuff from EE to spread the shipping costs around a little better.

DarthBrandon
09-25-2003, 10:02 AM
Just found the 12" At-At Driver, with Luke and Han Hoth at Winners in S.J. for $9.99 a piece. I went there to look because someone at Rebelscum posted they were showing up at Winners right now. I passed on the At-At Driver a while back because he was like $30.00, but not this time, I scooped him up for $11.50 taxes in.

jjreason
09-25-2003, 02:53 PM
I read this find over at Snowtroopers, so I might have to go have a look there myself. Not into 12" at all, but they might make nice trade fodder down the road.

Bradon - Im seeing Marvel Legends series III hitting at Wal Mart here, but I've missed Thor both times. They have about 3 Wolverines (all with mask) and at least that many Magnetos. No sign of Ghost Rider either. You might want to take a swing by WM when you get a sec (not sure if you frequent that place of not) just to see what's happening.

DarthBrandon
09-25-2003, 03:58 PM
I read this find over at Snowtroopers, so I might have to go have a look there myself. Not into 12" at all, but they might make nice trade fodder down the road.

Brandon - Im seeing Marvel Legends series III hitting at Wal Mart here, but I've missed Thor both times. They have about 3 Wolverines (all with mask) and at least that many Magnetos. No sign of Ghost Rider either. You might want to take a swing by WM when you get a sec (not sure if you frequent that place of not) just to see what's happening.

Sounds good jjreason, I've been checking everyday for two weeks now ever since they set up the pegs with ROTK and Marvel Legends, but I still haven't seen anything as of yet. I have Magneto and Wolverine, but I passed on Ghost Rider (didin't like him enough or should I say Brandon wasn't too impressed) and picked up the movie version of Daredevil instead. Thanks for looking for me and if I find Thor you'll be the first to know.

pegger
09-26-2003, 08:34 PM
pegger, overlord, anybody else, - there's a toy show by the airport coming up in Oct (19?). some of us local snowtroopers are discussing meeting up. interested at all?

Would love to....but my sis is coming into town that weekend to meet her nephew......have to take a raincheck....

on collecting news....got my Value Packs today.

They ROCK!

Will post more..once I open and play with them....

jjreason
09-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Cool, Pegger. Im a little miffed about these packs. I preordered the basics from Kebco as part of the club, and here I'll be needing the damned clones from the 2 packs. The singles I'll have to move on ebay or in trades to raise money for the value packs. Oh well, at least they APPEAR to be showing up in decent numbers down south.

seth_quinn
09-27-2003, 01:24 AM
actually, I have updated news regarding that. seems there's a second show on Sun. Nov.2 that is much better, so the we're now making our meet up plans around that date instead. if you or anybody is available and interest, pm me or just reply here.

seth_quinn
09-27-2003, 01:37 AM
jjr - put up your singles in the snowtrooper marketplace, they'll be gone pronto.

pegger
09-27-2003, 08:51 AM
As promised......

I opened them last night.....and got a funny look from my wife.... :rolleyes:

These are great! The blue and yellow really were applied nicely...and u can always used a white clone...

BUT I was really imprseed with the other figs!I wasn't planning on getting any non-movie figs...but these really impressed me! Finally a decent Anakin! His expression is PERFECT...The sculpt has just enough articulation to put him into a semi-neutral pose...or action pose,....he stands by himself....I think I may get the rest of the line too now.....

SQ - I'm in India and Phillipines in Nov.. (leaving Nov 2nd) ... oh well....maybe next time....

jjreason
09-27-2003, 01:47 PM
That's what I'll do SQ. Good call.

jjreason
10-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Will wonders never cease, I found a Mynock Hunt Chewie at TRU this morning, during a futile trip to find Transformer Prowl for Kool Aid Killer. I noticed that the packaging was exactly the same as the 2002 stuff, but with the orange window - it wasn't the gold striped looking one I expected. Makes me wonder if I wasn't paying enough attention before, when this wave was showing up.... but Im sure I would have noticed new stuff. Still got lots of Hoth sets, very odd that it's sitting around when the Bounty set sold out right quick.

seth_quinn
10-04-2003, 10:13 AM
mh-chewie is o3-15, the gold stripe cards don't start until trd-luke o3-17. buying so much stuff that you don't even realize what you have is such a great part of this hobby. I've done that 3 times, with the same figure. maybe they ordered more since the bounty went so fast last time? your bro heads up here almost every other weekend? wow, that's a lot of time on the road.

pegger
10-04-2003, 12:09 PM
I dare call this a MAJOR FIND......

As of 1 hour ago......TRU in Kitchener had 1 Jango Fett (the re-released one) in the NEW Packaging....

English card, with a black French sticker stuck on the bubble.....

No other figs from that wave to be found tho......(although all were listed on the back of the card)

Of course I left it....could care less about this fig....

jj - My TRU has LOADS of Jazz's (like 20 I think)

Happy hunting guys....

jjreason
10-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Yep, Id go with HUGE for sure, Pegs. Means (to me anyway) that the Mynoc Khunt ( :eek: ) Chewie wave sold well enough for there to be continued interest. With any luck we'll see some Clone Wars stuff up here around Christmas so I can army build a little.

jjreason
10-06-2003, 01:07 AM
Got my Silver Boba in the mail today, after quite a long wait. All good things though, because I got him for a song. He's shinier than I expected, and has landed a place beside 25th Ann R2 and Sacul on the carded shelf. Only TF Vader eludes me from these stupid limited figures.

pegger
10-06-2003, 01:43 PM
Hey guys...

Hit TRU over lunch today....

I noticed that the Factory Flight R2, and Hoth Han had US Cards...with French stickers in the corners (as opposed to the Tri-lingual ones that came out a month ago)....maybe a new case assortment????

No other new SW figs...althought the LOTR is being overrun by ROTK figs.....

DarthBrandon
10-07-2003, 10:11 AM
Just found at TOYSRUS in Saint John: Han Hoth, R2-D2 (abomination), Boba (Carkoon), Anakin (Ceremony), Chewie (Mynock) and Destroyer Droid. I picked up an extra Droid and the Anakin Ceremony while I looked at other lines (ROTK, T3, Justice League etc.) with new figures. I may go back and pick up Chewie and an extra Han Hoth to keep carded, only time will tell. It sure was nice to see something new for a change.

richd
10-07-2003, 12:57 PM
I found Darth Maul - Sith Training, Djas, and Watto Junk Dealer (among others) at Save-On-Foods for $2.00 each (marked down from $10). I'm in Northern Alberta. Wal-Mart and Zellers have NOTHING for Star Wars here and it's been that way for months. Oh yeah, I also saw the Geonesian playset at TRU in Edmonton a while back.

jjreason
10-07-2003, 07:00 PM
Hey there RichD! Welcome to the Canadian hangout spot! That's interesting they have anything at SaveON foods, I've never even looked there here in Nanaimo. I will make sure I do next time I go! Have you seen any of the 2003 figures in Edmonton anywhere?

richd
10-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Hey there RichD! Welcome to the Canadian hangout spot! That's interesting they have anything at SaveON foods, I've never even looked there here in Nanaimo. I will make sure I do next time I go! Have you seen any of the 2003 figures in Edmonton anywhere?

Normally SaveOn doesn't have figures but I spotted them in a flyer so I had a look ($2 is a hard price to beat). It was a good selection but they are gone now and who knows when they'll have more. I'm going to Edmonton this weekend so I'll look for 2003 figs at the TRUs while I'm there. Last visit (in August) I saw the bounty hunter pack for about $30. I bought an electronic Sauron instead. I've haven't collected in a while since it seems there is nothing in my city any more so I'm not entirely sure what the 2003 figs are or what the packages should look like.

mabudonicus
10-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Went to TRU... they had han hoth, chewie mynock, factory R2, Mace "ultimate freedom" or whatever (the one with the real crummy cape), Obi acklay battle and the destroyer droid.
T-formers- Jazz, sliverstreak, tracks, hot rod (tru special, can't remember the new name for him), hoist, inferno, thundercracker, powermaster optimus... unicron, too, for like 80 bucks or so... he's huge and all, though....

pegger
10-08-2003, 06:04 PM
Another big find today everyone...

TRU in Kitchener had 4 tri-logo Deluxe Clone Troopers (Saga)

Only 12 months behind???

jjreason
10-09-2003, 01:10 AM
Right on! That's a great figure. I wonder if I can dig back and update that huge list of crap from last year........ maybe later! :D

Did you scoop them up Pegs?

pegger
10-09-2003, 08:22 AM
Right on! That's a great figure. I wonder if I can dig back and update that huge list of crap from last year........ maybe later! :D

Did you scoop them up Pegs?

Nah...I left them. I got one already...nicely tucked into my Gunship.

But I do agree it was a great figure...I was (sorta) happy to finally see them. Would have been nicer to see them in March tho....

Bosskman
10-09-2003, 03:06 PM
TRU in Moncton NB had tons of new LOTR stuff. I got Legolas and Aragorn w/horses, the Warg & rider, and Eowyn. I passed on the Armored Troll and Prologue Bilbo due to low fundage.

jjreason
10-09-2003, 06:27 PM
I love that Sharku with Warg set - super sweet. I saw Aragorn w horse, and I loved the horse and the soft goods on the figure - but the face is still screwed up. Why oh why can't they get that straight? Every other character's face is so nice and close to the actor, yet Viggo is seemingly irreproducable (if that's even a word. Sounds good though........) :D

jjreason
10-20-2003, 01:24 AM
Hey, back again. A brief trip over to the mainland allowed me access to a couple of stores. Nothing real new, but I did manage to see my first Hoth Hans (2, both with blue coats) in Coquitlam TRU. Everything there was priced above and beyond my local store - don't they have consistancy rules from store to store?

richd
10-21-2003, 12:29 PM
Hey. I'm back from Edmonton and I checked out two of the three TRUs there. They had: the Hoth Set ($35) and Chewie Mynock, R2 Droid Factory, Han Hoth and a couple others for $8.99. I also found and bought a Boba Fett Carkoon and a "The Battle of Hoth" Snowtrooper that comes with I-Web cannon. There were no others like it there and the card look completely different from all the others. Must be a tri-logo card. I also found and bought an Industrial Automaton fully funcational R2. Pricey, but really cool.

I found the LOTR selection was way better than the SW stuff. I snagged an electronic Gollum, Armoured Troll and Warg/Sharku. They had Aragorn w/horse and Legolas w/horse, and an electronic Treebeard. Also, 12'' Aragorn, Gimli, Eowyn and Legolas.

An expensive trip but it's a five hour drive so I had to get what I could while I could.

jjreason
10-22-2003, 12:24 AM
Congrats on the score! That Snowtrooper must be on a "gold stripe" card, the one they changed to in the states earlier this year. A few of my later figures that came up from down there are on them. The big news is: that's the very first report on this site of anyone finding an all-new figure on one of those cards up here! (Somone else found a repacked Jango on one in Ontario last week).

Sweet, and thanks for contributing to our site here! Things have slowed down a little lately since Seth started working over at Snowtroopers. He better pop in here soon, or there'll be a boot in the butt headed east........ :D

seth_quinn
10-22-2003, 09:17 AM
yeah, yeah, blame it all on me. hey guys, sorry for disappearing, I've actually just been really super busy. I've barely posted anything anywhere in ages. I've started picking up hours at the skate/snow shop I do graphics for and we just did the Toronto ski/snow show. I haven't been home before 10pm in almost 2 weeks. great deal though, I pick up some extra cash so that no one around here can say boo about the cash I spend on sw and I'm making rep contacts through the shop that are gonna score me a whole new riding set up this year, cheap. looks like you and Pegger are doing ok in the hockey pool, as you can see, my team already sucks... and this week I get to have it handed to me by Pegger. not a lot to report out here, snail is getting things first and are more expensive than anywhere else, nad tru is seeing the same Mexican stuff as everywhere else. hoping to find a few things at the big Toronto toy-con on Nov.2. oh, maybe no one's posted it here, I've seen leftie-luke and some of the o2 dlx on Mexican too, flipping ani, and red bike clone - now that everybody doled big cash to the US to get them. get this, I won a Rorworr on ebay, which comes on a card back just a bit bigger than the bubble, it arrived in a box that measures 12x9x5, I sht you not, what a waste. Mab, sorry for not getting back to your last pm, if you haven't made it out this way yet lemme know when you do. jjr - you out this way for x-mas? gotta run, grannie blew out her knee so I'm doing in home candy striping as well, promise I'll be around a bit more, wouldn't want jjr to pull a few strings and get the locals to start hassling me everytime I hit the road. :D

mabudonicus
10-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Hey, no sweat SQ.... I will head that way eventually, you will know... I'll actually set to work on it next time my buddy is in town from there.
NOTHING in town at TRU or Walmart West or zellers fairview..... that single case sold pretty quick

pegger
10-22-2003, 09:14 PM
... and this week I get to have it handed to me by Pegger.

and I look forward to it! jj ruined my perfect record......(and fed me some humble pie)....

richd - welcome to the group...and good score! haven't had a chance to check things around here, so I can't add my 2 cents....

the only thing I "found" around here was my box from kebco with the screen scenes. not too bad.....

jjreason
10-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Fairly good trip to TRU, I've been there frquently lately looking for a TF to send to Kool Aid Killer. In the SW section we finally caught up with the rest of Canada, I saw:

2 2002 Dlx Clones w speeder bikes
1 Mace Total Control
1 Obi Wan Acklay batte
1 R2 DF Flight
3 Boba Pit of Carkoon (green)
2 Han Hoth (both blue coats)
1 Chewie Mynock Hunt

and still numerous Hoth 4 packs.

LOTR was happening as well, with super poseable Gollum and Pellenor Fields Aragorn, 2 prologue Bilbos and an Armored Eowyn. The horse and rider packs had been there already, but were still in stock.

My Carkoon Boba is the predominantly light blue one, I may snag a greenish one if they're still there next time just to move something off the shelves. I love the Han, can't wait for mine to get here.

richd
10-26-2003, 12:04 AM
Hey pegger, thanks for the greetings. I just dug through a bunch of my stuff today for a fellow who wanted to buy a few items. While chatting, he told me that someone who works at our local Wal Mart told him that they are not stocking any more Star Wars toys until perhaps EPIII comes out. This explains the complete and utter lack of ANY SW toys on their shelves (other than some Lego). The Zellers here seems the same. :(

Also, apparently we did get Red Clone Troopers here because this same guy bought most of them at Wal-Mart a while back. I have never seen them here otherwise.

And . . . does anyone happen to have an extra Ree-Yees that they'd part with? The guy I was talking to wanted mine but I didn't want to trade/sell it.

Cheers, RD

Croaker
10-26-2003, 03:03 PM
Hey.
Sucks to be in Toronto.
TRU had the new R2 but that was it.
Also Hoth packs and bounty hunter packs (but the one it want is the imperial one!)

Even teh LOTR stuff was thin...no 6' ROTK figs yet. I did pick up the Warg though.
Silver snail keeps getting in American stuff. I bought the Geo war room (both parts) and half the jedi council.
Never saw the clone trooper on bike there however.

jjreason
10-28-2003, 06:32 PM
Checked out Victoria yesterday, TRU only. Nothing of note SW wise (1 hoth Han, 2 mynock Chewies). Lots of LOTR though, including some I hadn't seen up here in Nanaimo (ROTK Eomer, and Sam and Frodo in Armor). Both Marvel Legends boxed sets (X-Men w Rogue and the Urban Legends one with Spidey, DD, Punisher and Elektra).

No Gold Stripes spotted out here yet as far as I can tell.

seth_quinn
11-11-2003, 08:34 AM
wow, been quiet 'round here. where is everybody?

jjr & pegger - boy, you guys took a drop in the pool last week, what happened? me, still winless in 5. my goalies are killin' me.

haven't been to a tru in ages. did hit the big toyshow here a few weeks back, dumped both extra ephants for $25 each and picked up 2 break apart b-droids for $3, a vintage gonk for $5, a droid army 3 pack, dlx jango kamino, both blue and brown endor han since I couldn't remember which I was missing, jabba glob, gunner vader, a vintage dish for my old falcon (anybody got a spare jedi ball?) and alpha male stikfas for $7 (don't ask me why, it just looked neat and the price was right). they were giving away shuttles for $160, that just kills me, I could have bought 2 for what I paid for mine, plus there was supposedly, even better deals on them before I arrived.

pegger - hope you had a good trip.

jjr - are you out this way for the holidays?

jjreason
11-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Hey SQ! That's just brutal about the shuttle costs, man that's cheap. Almost worth getting another to try and recoup some of the original costs down the road. Sounds like you hit a good haul at the show, I need quite a few pieces for that Falcon mab sold me, I keep checking ebay but nothing suitable has popped up. I got pumped in the pool by Kidhuman, I wasn't near a computer until Friday night, and was too far behind by then to make any real dent in the damage he'd done. I was fine up to then, but now will be swimming upstream again like I was for the first couple of weeks.

Both sets of grandparents will be coming out this way for Christmas, I won't likely be in Ontario again until next April for another wedding. We'll have to make some plans well in advance as soon as I know when I'll be there.

I've been trying to get the Clone Wars cartoons off Kazaa, but it's too big. Too many donkeys trying to screw me up by taking stuff off my computer. Am I the only one out there with a high quality copy of "Acquiesce" by Oasis or what????

pegger
11-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Hey SQ

Still in Manila....off to India Tommorrow....went shopping, hoping to find some Takara Transformers, or SW stuff.....nothing. It's been a quiet trip so far....

Yea, I got mine last week. By the time I realized it too, it was Sunday night. My goalies stink, and noone was doing anything on my roster. :mad:

Well, I guess there is no where to go but up!

Those CW cartoons are awesome! We get the same episode very night here....To bad it's not an actual full length cartoon.

jjreason
11-12-2003, 06:20 PM
I downloaded the first ep from kazaa, but it won't come up on my wmp. codecs not working for the video part. Anyone got ideas about another media player that will be more up to date? I can't seem to find a link that's going to let me update the codecs for my wmp.

seth_quinn
11-13-2003, 02:01 AM
who loves ya boys? thanks to stryken from the snowtrooper forums for these.

chapter1 - http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter1/st_t4t00ne_dl.mov

chapter2 - http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter2/st_c0rus4t_dl.mov

chapter3 - http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter3/st_sp33dr_dl.mov

chapter4 - http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter4/st_y0dazhm_dl.mov

just right click and save target as.. to save these to your computer, if you don't have one already I suggest apple's quicktime player for viewing them.

I was skeptical when I heard they were only 3 minutes each but I'm enjoying them so far, just downloaded 3/4 myself and haven't watched yet...

my guys find one or two stats a week to just own and blow the rest, my shaky goaltending sit. is bound to stabilize, moved out legace and roloson for joseph and esche, both will see consistent starts eventually and giguere seems to be coming around (ana just beat the leafs 5-1)

yeah not bad at all, considering that with my trades/sales the lot cost me only like an extra $20 including my 10 admission. also finally got my value packs, anybody have and opened these, are the clones articulated?

look at pegger checkin' in from the other side of the world, gotta love that internet. how's that billion degree heat? it's gonna snow here tomorrow.

april it is then, my heading out west is doubtful this winter, just started a new job, here's the good news - went back to the coffee industry and joined starbucks, my asap goal, gm of one of the 2 whistler stores when either of them become available.

jjr - what do you need for your falcon? I'll keep an eye out.

enjoy them 'toons, later boys...

sq

jjreason
11-13-2003, 04:29 AM
Now that's what I call kickass. Can't wait to see them.

pegger
11-20-2003, 02:38 AM
look at pegger checkin' in from the other side of the world, gotta love that internet. how's that billion degree heat? it's gonna snow here tomorrow.
sq

It's great!!! (I'm in India now...heading home back to the Great White North on Sat.) Of course, I forgot to pack a jacket, so it'll be a chilly ride home.....

Couldn't find anything in India either.....but it looks like I got a million packages waiting for me at home.....

Thanks for the downloads too....I don't understand Hindi, so the cartoons aren't making much sense to me over here.....

seth_quinn
11-20-2003, 10:37 AM
have a good trip home pegger, heard that chapter ten ends with a cliff hanger and then 11-20 aren't out 'til the new year, by the time you get home I should have the rest of the chapter links and the links to the commentary versions and will post them all for you here.

jjr - getting that quicktime issue sorted so you can watch these yet?

jjreason
11-20-2003, 06:37 PM
No, as a matter of fact Im just steaming over the whole thing. My stupid PC doesn't have the video capabilities required to facilitate decent playback of the .mov files, and the .mpg's I've downloaded take forever and look like crap. Im just going to wait and have Skeezer send me a video of the first 10. With any luck, I'll be able to watch the marathon on Friday at a friend's house who has the US Satelite deal happening. Im keeping my fingers crossed. Have you watched the commentary episodes yet? I was also hoping to see those to hear a little more about what's happening.

NO real news out here, NHL series 6 popping up. No Markus Naslunds anywhere to be found, but I did see (and did not buy) a black jersey'd Lacavalier. I would have bought Stevie with the Cup, but the face is poo.

seth_quinn
11-24-2003, 12:02 AM
hey boys, here are the links to the first ten chapters and commentaries. sq

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter1/st_t4t00ne_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter2/st_c0rus4t_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter3/st_sp33dr_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter4/st_y0dazhm_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter5/st_xwng_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter6/st_flc0n_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter7/st_4mdla_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter8/st_l314_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter9/st_c53wbc4_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter10/st_dths7rr_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter1/comm_c4r77000n_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter2/comm_5nndy_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter3/comm_z4mj4k_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter4/comm_n4n1k1n_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter5/comm_d3x7r_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter6/comm_prrrpf_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter7/comm_sk00b_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter8/comm_700n4m1_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter9/comm_krr4g3_dl.mov

http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter10/comm_3d3dd3ddi_dl.mov

jjreason
11-26-2003, 04:27 AM
Ontarians be on the lookout for the first wave of Clone Wars figures at your local WalMart stores. Nothing out here yet, but Snowtroopers.ca is reporting numerous finds in the SW Ontario stores. 7.92 - 8.99 per figure depending on the store. No reports of the Bonus Packs making their way north as of yet.

Bosskman
12-04-2003, 05:29 PM
I found the Clone Wars Mace Windu and Obi-Wan at TRU in Moncton NB. I Didn't get them because I only collect movie figures but at least there was something new. They also had the LOTR AOME Balrog, Orthank, Battering Ram, and Siege Ballista sets too. I already had them but that's the first I saw them at retail.

jjreason
12-04-2003, 07:15 PM
I found a bunch at Zellers over here, Bosskman, at 7.92 a pop. I bought a red coloured ARC trooper just to have one. I thought the Anakin and Obi Wan figures were good sculpts, and didn't restrict themselves TOO badly to Expanded Universe play. I didn't like Mace's head, and the Assajj and Durge figures just don't suit me too much at all.

Westerners check your Superstores (not for SW, sorry) for Matrix series 2 showing up in EVENLY PACKED cases, plenty of each figure to be found. They look awesome - I might buy Morpheus, Trinity and "Real" Neo in spite of my promise to buy NONE after they shorted the Twins in series 1. The Sentinel deluxe figure was at TRU the other day - amazing.

DarthBrandon
12-11-2003, 03:43 PM
I found some Clone Wars and unleashed figures today at ToysRus. I bought two Red Arc Troopers and wanted the Han Solo unleashed but they could not find the other half of the case out back, maybe I'll get that one tom.

mabudonicus
12-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Hey everyone, I've been found in Canada as a pirate!!
I won't be around for a bit but I will try to get my connection back soon.
Stay cool!! :greedy: :o

:o :o :o :o :D :) :) ;)

jjreason
12-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Found the 3 new Unleashed figures at my TRU here yesterday (Han, Yoda and Boba Fett). The Han and Boba look great, but 25 bucks each is too much. They didn't really look like they do too much other than stand around.

DarthBrandon
12-14-2003, 03:30 AM
Found the 3 new Unleashed figures at my TRU here yesterday (Han, Yoda and Boba Fett). The Han and Boba look great, but 25 bucks each is too much. They didn't really look like they do too much other than stand around.

Yeah, they are here as well jjreason, I bought the Han Solo and may buy Boba as well, if he's there after X-mas.
If you do decide to buy one get Solo as he is the best IMO.

jjreason
12-14-2003, 04:25 AM
I was really surprised at the likeness of Harrison Ford. Very nicely done by Hasbro on that figure, and to include the Falcon ramp as his base was genius. Tempting, but not right now. I still have a couple of LOTR figures to procure before the release of the movie dries them up permanently.

DarthBrandon
12-17-2003, 06:10 PM
I was really surprised at the likeness of Harrison Ford. Very nicely done by Hasbro on that figure, and to include the Falcon ramp as his base was genius. Tempting, but not right now. I still have a couple of LOTR figures to procure before the release of the movie dries them up permanently.

I hear you jjreason, but since all my X-mas shopping is done and there isn't much else S.W. here, these buggers will have to do for now. Boba is next on my list, he looks pretty cool, not as cool as Han, but cool enough to warrant the purchase. What LOTR figures are you seeking? LMK I may be able to help.

P.S. I've seen the new Matrix series here along with the guy in the robot suit or what ever it's supposed to be just in case your interested.

Bosskman
12-19-2003, 10:36 AM
Gamezilla in moncton have tons of the new LOTR figures (Pippin in armor, harad archer and king Elessar). They're all awesome figures.

jjreason
12-20-2003, 12:52 AM
Thanks, B but I did really well picking them up out here. I got Eowyn in armor and 2 crossbow Uruks for 9.99 a pop by finding them at Zellers (fresh off the truck) and price matching with the Superstore flyer!!!!!! One of my best recent scores for sure. I've been humming and hawing over upgrading my Gandalf the White to the latest version, but I'm still happy with the original one. I wish I hadn't passed on Galadriel when I found her a month ago, someone else scooped her up right quick. I'll be interested in getting a couple of those Harad archers, and one of Aragorn as King Elessar as soon as they show up. The archers were so cool in the movie!

I got the Clone Wars bonus packs from a co-forumite here (Hellboy - good guy to deal with as well) as well as the Holiday Yoda (from TheDarthVader whom I've had great luck with as well). The Clonetroopers look exactly like the old POTJ Sneak Preview ones, and the coloured paint on the NCO and Officer is really, really bright. Not my favorites. Im anxious to get a few of those super-poseable troopers and one of each of the army builder sets.

Lots of Clone Wars figures in Victoria, but no ARC Troopers. Nothing new in the way of Saga figs here or there.

pegger
12-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Hey all...in the 'Peg visiting the parents for Christmas.......

Went to TRU here, and found nothin' for figs...but came across some interesting Lego's...

Snowspeeder, Cantina and all 4 of the new mini's were out!!!

Anyways, hope everyone had a good Christmas/Holiday break, and all the best for 2004!!!

PS - JJ go easy on me this week.....I need the points in the pool..... ;)

jjreason
12-31-2003, 12:02 AM
PS - JJ go easy on me this week.....I need the points in the pool..... ;)

Ha! Talk to Peter Forsberg, he has more control over it than I do! :D

Good to hear from you, Pegger! Hopefully Mini-Peg is enjoying the trip to Winnipeg!!! (provided he went, Im sure he did since you're visiting family - do you find they care less about you now that there's a grandkid????? Kidding...)

Nothing new here since Christmas, well since our TRU got the Clone Wars basics anyway. Not one gold stripe to be had.

pegger
01-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Good to hear from you, Pegger! Hopefully Mini-Peg is enjoying the trip to Winnipeg!!! (provided he went, Im sure he did since you're visiting family - do you find they care less about you now that there's a grandkid????? Kidding...)

Actually...I think my new name is "Let me hold him" :D

Mini-peg caught a cold...but otherwise is enjoying his stay....looking forward to getting home though.....

Hate to raise this ugly specter but....since this is supposed to be a "master list".....I think a 2003 update may be required soon...(as we are now 2004).

Anyways, thank to Peter Forsburg....... :) (so far)

jjreason
01-02-2004, 01:57 AM
Damn, that sounds like a lot of work. Who's gonna do it? *Everyone else takes one step back*

You guys..............

:)

seth_quinn
01-05-2004, 04:23 AM
hey boys, just wanted to check in quick. no time to whipe my butt these days, the new job plus helping my buddy out at his boardshop has turned into almost two full time jobs (60/70+ a week with about 2 days off a month) I may have a bunch of the leg work done for a o3 list, gimme a day to dig up what I've got. look at us three in a pack in the middle of the standings, I'd wish you luck this week peg but...

sq

jjreason
01-05-2004, 05:13 AM
Hey, SQ! There is quite a log jam in the "right around 500 club" over at the pool. Proud to be a member........

Bear with me, I'm tired but I feel motivated to crank this out. I'm dividing everything up here the way I have it at home. I've added the US figure #'s to avoid any confusion over which figure is which.

*****'s by the numbers or items indicate I have mine. Just so we can compare notes.......

BASIC SAGA FIGURES - NEW (31 PLUS VARIATIONS)

01* - Obi Wan Acklay Battle FOUND!!!
02* - Mace Windu Total Control FOUND!!!
03* - Darth Tyrannus Geonosian Conflict
04* - Droid Factory Padme
05* - Jedi Library Research Droids
06* - Saga Tusken Raider
07* - Anakin Secret Ceremony
08a* - Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon (bluish version)
08b - Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon (greenish version) FOUND!!!
09* - Lama Su with Clone Boy
10* - R2D2 Droid Factory Flight FOUND!!!
11* - Aayla Secura
12* - Barriss Offee
13a* - Han Hoth (blue coat) FOUND!!!
13b - Han Hoth (brown coat) FOUND!!! Though the report may be dubious..... results pending....
14* - Chewie Mynock Hunt FOUND!!!
15* - Yoda and Chian
16* - Ashla and Jempa
17a - Luke Skywalker Throne Room (glove on left hand)
17b* - Luke Skywalker Throne Room (corrected, glove on right hand) FOUND!!!
18* - Darth Vader Throne Room FOUND!!!
19* - Snowtrooper FOUND!!!
22* - Amidala Secret Ceremony
23* - Wat Tambor
24* - Coleman Trebor
28* - WA7
29* - Lt. Danni Faytonni
30* - Saga Emperor
33 - Senator Bail Organa
34 - MacQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper
35 - Imperial Dignitary #1
36 - Padme Tatooine
37 - Ach Med Beq
38 - Aay Vida
39 - Obi Wan Nightclub
40 - Elan Sleazebaggano
41 - Imperial Dignitary #2

BASIC FIGURES - REPACKED (7)

20* - Jango Fett Kamino Escape (from 2002) FOUND!!!
21 - C3PO (from POTF2, with removable limbs)
25* - Darth Maul (from POTJ "Masters of the Dark Side" 2 pack)
26 - Princess Leia (from POTF2 "All New Likeness")
27 - Han Solo (from POTF2 "Commtech")
31* - Luke Skywalker (from POTF2 "Commtech", though packed only with blue saber as opposed to original accessories)
32* - Darth Vader (from POTJ "Masters of the Dark Side" 2 pack)

I'm trying to move the Luke and Jango figures, they're on nice cards. PM me if you'd like them.

BASIC FIGURES - CLONE WARS (10 PLUS VARIATION)

42* - Anakin Skywalker FOUND!!!
43* - Mace Windu FOUND!!!
44* - Yoda FOUND!!!
45* - Assajj Ventress FOUND!!!
46 - Durge FOUND!!!
47a* - ARC Trooper (blue/grey)
47b* - ARC Trooper (red) FOUND!!!
48* - Obi Wan FOUND!!!
49 - Kit Fisto
50 - Saesee Tiin
51 - Super Articulated Clone Trooper

For a total of 51 basics this year. We didn't do very well.

DELUXE FIGURES and MULTI FIGURE PACKS

*Jango Fett - Kamino Battle
*Obi Wan - Kamino Battle
*Spider Droid FOUND!!!
*Super Battle Droid Factory FOUND!!!

*Anakin on Speeder Bike
*Dooku on Speeder Bike

*Clone Wars Clone Trooper on Speeder Bike
*Clone Wars Durge on Speeder Bike

*Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Destroyer Droid Launcher
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Jedi Knights
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Droid Army
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Clonetroopers (all white)
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Clonetroopers (2 white, 1 green)
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Clonetroopers (2 white, 1 blue)
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Clonetroopers (2 white, 1 yellow)
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Clonetroopers (2 white, 1 red)

*Clone Wars Bonus Pack - Anakin with Clonetrooper
*Clone Wars Bonus Pack - Yoda with Clonetrooper
*Clone Wars Bonus Pack - ARC Trooper with Clonetrooper

*TRU Exclusive Imperial 4 pack
*TRU Exclusive Hoth 4 pack (Broken Horned Tauntaun) FOUND!!!
TRU Exclusive Hoth 4 pack (Tauntaun has 2 Complete Horns)
*TRU Exclusive Ultimate Bounty 4 pack FOUND!!!

*Cinema Scene - Jedi Council 1
*Cinema Scene - Jedi Council 2
*Cinema Scene - Geonosis War Room 1
*Cinema Scene - Geonosis War Room 2

We did even worse here.

VEHICLES

Geonosian Fighter with Pilot
*Target Exclusive (green) A Wing Fighter with Pilot PEGGER - MY FOLKS STILL HAVE YOURS IN LONDON!!!
KB Exclusive Revamped TIE Fighter with Pilot

Clone Wars Hailfire Droid
Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker Starfighter
Clone Wars Redecco Gunship

We didn't get any of these, and to be honest I didn't read very much about ANYONE getting very many.

Someone else can chime in about the Target Animated Style figures. I'm not getting them, and have no idea which ones are available or anything else. Not sure why, but I decided to draw the line with these. I'm not wild about the regular Clone Wars figures, and expensive extras won't help.

I know you'll chime in with omissions, as a matter of fact I'm counting on it. Thanks in advance.

jjreason
01-07-2004, 12:34 AM
Forgot Holiday Edition Yoda.

seth_quinn
01-07-2004, 10:05 PM
hey bro, here are my additions to the list, silver boba, droid launcher, redeco jedi strfghtr and repacked trade fed tank.

totally unrelated side note, go to your local indy video store and find an asian market copy of 'hero' - great martial arts weapon/wire work and almost assuredly the most start to finish visually stunning thing you've ever watched!!

jjreason
01-08-2004, 10:39 PM
VERSION 2.0 - added Holiday Yoda, Silver Boba Fett, Remarked Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter and Repackaged Clone Wars Tank.
BASIC SAGA FIGURES - NEW (31 PLUS VARIATIONS)

06* - Saga Tusken Raider
11* - Aayla Secura
12* - Barriss Offee
13b - Han Hoth (brown coat) FOUND!!! Though the report may be dubious..... results pending....
15* - Yoda and Chian
16* - Ashla and Jempa
23* - Wat Tambor
24* - Coleman Trebor
28* - WA7
29* - Lt. Danni Faytonni
30* - Saga Emperor
33 - Senator Bail Organa
36 - Padme Tatooine
37 - Ach Med Beq
38 - Aay Vida
39 - Obi Wan Nightclub
40 - Elan Sleazebaggano
41 - Imperial Dignitary #2

BASIC FIGURES - REPACKED (7)

20* - Jango Fett Kamino Escape (from 2002) FOUND!!!
21 - C3PO (from POTF2, with removable limbs)
25* - Darth Maul (from POTJ "Masters of the Dark Side" 2 pack)
26 - Princess Leia (from POTF2 "All New Likeness")
27 - Han Solo (from POTF2 "Commtech")
31* - Luke Skywalker (from POTF2 "Commtech", though packed only with blue saber as opposed to original accessories)
32* - Darth Vader (from POTJ "Masters of the Dark Side" 2 pack)

I'm trying to move the Luke and Jango figures, they're on nice cards. PM me if you'd like them.

BASIC FIGURES - CLONE WARS (10 PLUS VARIATION)

42* - Anakin Skywalker FOUND!!!
43* - Mace Windu FOUND!!!
44* - Yoda FOUND!!!
45* - Assajj Ventress FOUND!!!
46 - Durge FOUND!!!
47a* - ARC Trooper (blue/grey)
47b* - ARC Trooper (red) FOUND!!!
48* - Obi Wan FOUND!!!
49 - Kit Fisto
50 - Saesee Tiin
51 - Super Articulated Clone Trooper

For a total of 51 basics this year. We didn't do very well.

DELUXE FIGURES and MULTI FIGURE PACKS

*Jango Fett - Kamino Battle
*Obi Wan - Kamino Battle
*Spider Droid FOUND!!!
*Super Battle Droid Factory FOUND!!!

*Anakin on Speeder Bike
*Dooku on Speeder Bike

*Clone Wars Clone Trooper on Speeder Bike
*Clone Wars Durge on Speeder Bike

*Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Destroyer Droid Launcher
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Jedi Knights
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Droid Army
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Clonetroopers (all white)
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Clonetroopers (2 white, 1 green)
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Clonetroopers (2 white, 1 blue)
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Clonetroopers (2 white, 1 yellow)
Clone Wars Army Builder Set - Clonetroopers (2 white, 1 red)

*Clone Wars Bonus Pack - Anakin with Clonetrooper
*Clone Wars Bonus Pack - Yoda with Clonetrooper
*Clone Wars Bonus Pack - ARC Trooper with Clonetrooper

*TRU Exclusive Imperial 4 pack
*TRU Exclusive Hoth 4 pack (Broken Horned Tauntaun) FOUND!!!
TRU Exclusive Hoth 4 pack (Tauntaun has 2 Complete Horns)
*TRU Exclusive Ultimate Bounty 4 pack FOUND!!!

*Cinema Scene - Jedi Council 1
*Cinema Scene - Jedi Council 2
*Cinema Scene - Geonosis War Room 1
*Cinema Scene - Geonosis War Room 2

*Holiday Edition Yoda
*Convention Exclusive Silver Boba Fett

We did even worse here.

VEHICLES

Geonosian Fighter with Pilot
*Target Exclusive (green) A Wing Fighter with Pilot PEGGER - MY FOLKS STILL HAVE YOURS IN LONDON!!!
KB Exclusive Revamped TIE Fighter with Pilot

Clone Wars Hailfire Droid
Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker Starfighter
Clone Wars Redecco Gunship
Cone Wars Redecco Jedi Starfighter
Clone Wars Repacked Battle Tank

We didn't get any of these, and to be honest I didn't read very much about ANYONE getting very many.

THANKS FOR THE HELP. HOW DID YOU GUYS MAKE OUT?

jjreason
01-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Big news?

Walked into one Wal-Mart here in Regina, SK this morning and finally found some new Star Wars figures. I found R-3PO, Achk Med-Beq, Imperial Dignitary Kren Blista-Vanee, Hoth Rebel Soldier, and Hoth Luke.... they wanted 8.92 per figure... their appeared to be one case worth of figures.

Get out there and shop!

2004 Star Wars Saga Checklist:

[#01] Hoth Trooper: Hoth EvacuationFOUND!!!
[#02] R-3PO: Hoth Evacuation FOUND!!!
[#03] Luke Skywalker: Hoth Attack FOUND!!!
[#04] Luke Skywalker: Jabba's Palace
[#05] R2-D2: Jabba's Sail Barge
[#06] R1-G4: Tatooine Transaction

jjreason
01-21-2004, 03:10 AM
UPDATED 2004 Star Wars Saga Checklist:

BASIC FIGURES
[#01] Hoth Trooper: Hoth EvacuationFOUND!!!
[#07] Lando Calrissian: Jabba's Sail Barge
[#08] Rappertunie: Jabba's Palace
[#09] J'Quille: Jabba's Sail Barge
[#10] Tanus Spijek: Jabba's Sail Barge
[#11] Holographic Luke Skywalker: Jabba's Palace

ULTRA FIGURES
General Rieeken with Hoth Battle Screen
Wampa with Ice Cavern base
C3PO with Landing Pod

MULTI-FIGURE PACKS
Jedi Warriors (TRU exclusive) FOUND!!!

I guess some of the last few (#7-#11) are up for sale on ebay apparently (posted elsewhere here on SSG by JJBinks). These figures all look great, I'm really hoping against hope WalMart has decided to stock the line all year long.

pegger
01-21-2004, 07:26 PM
I finally saw the Jedi 4 pack....what a bunch of junk....35 bucks for a Jedi Containment field.....pathetic.

Also saw Yoda, Han and Boba Unleashed......haven't seen any unleashed in a long time....

Also, the SW stuff has been relagated to the back wall........not a good sign.

On a plus note...saw Grapple and Smokescreen....

jjreason
01-22-2004, 12:15 AM
I actually found the Jedi 4 pack today as well. Caved and bought it, figuring I'd be able to take it back for the money if times got tough before payday. Looking it over, there's only the one figure that is changed around a little, Nikto Jedi. They've finally given him a name (Fi-Ek Sirch, if you care), and changed the colour of his arms to match the under-tunic. I got the old Saga one out, and I wouldn't be able to get the robe off. The figure is different enough for me to have "needed" it, so I guess it stays. The containment field will be a good addition to my Geo War room display (if it works). Not worth the money though, hoping to sell some of these extra figures piling up from the TRU 4 packs to recoup a little bit of this 40.

Dialogus
01-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Hello to all Canucks here!

I'd figured I would be posting here soon enough on one fine day so here it is!

I'm in Québec City and I don't remember noticing any other person in this thread claiming to live here. So I thought maybe I should contribute a little bit to the Master List and help the guys if I can.

Went to local WM today and after months without finding anything (since last August actually), I found some Saga Repacked: Vader, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Artoo, Threepio, Stormtrooper, Anakin, Yoda & Maul. Strangely, they had only one of each. I passed on all of them. No trace of CW or more recent stuff...

Recently found 1 Spider Droid, 3 Super Battle Droid Builders, some early 2003 figs (Mace Total Control, Library Droids, Chewie Mynock, Lama Su, Flight Artoo are those I can recall...), CW Yoda & Anakin at TRU. Only bought the SD. They had the usual pegwarmers (Deluxe Dooku, Deluxe Threepio, 2002 figs, Reek beasts and numerous POTJ Leia Bespin Escape(!). No exclusive 4 Pack as always...

I'm still hoping for the 3 needed CW Bonus Packs to show up around here :( . Anyone got a set for spare??

Still have fun!

B.S. Sorry if sometimes my English sounds weird. French is my first language ;) .

jjreason
01-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Hey Dialogus! Thanks for the update, I hope you can continue to post your reports in here for all to see (even though it's seemed a little quiet lately).

We have a few of the Jedi 4 packs here in Nanaimo as of today, no new basics to be seen. 40 bucks and change once you figure in the taxes - not a great deal.

The repacks you've found are the 2004 "Hall of Fame" collection, and are all repacked figures from the last few years. A good idea in my opinion, as I think Hasbro needs some of these guys on the shelves to hook new fans into collecting (also suits me because I collect loose figures, and don't feel compelled to buy card variations of figures I have already).

NEWS!!!

1. Reports from Zellers in North Bay have the first 3 Ultra figures (Wampa, Rieeken and C3PO with landing pod) found at 15.99 CDN each - in my opinion a great deal. Confirm any findings in here if you could, thanks.

2. The next two Ultra figures have shown up on ebay: Jabba the Hutt, and Jabba's Palace Dendrons: Woll Cabbo****e, B'Omarr Monk, and Bubo. Very cool indeed.

pegger
01-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Bonjour Dialogus, et beinvenue!!!

Votre anglais est parfait!!! Je pense que mon francais est mal......

Sweet news on the Ultra figs!!! I cna't belive that a) they are showing up,
and b) they were only released in the US a month ago...and thy're here already....

not getting my hopes up, but I really hope Hasbro Canada realizes how poorly they did last year.....

mabudonicus
01-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Hey, Dialogus, fellows!!!

I haven't seen ANYTHING around here, course, I don't ever really get to Wal mart much, but the last time I was at either local one, there was nothing but Hammerhead and Greedo cantina sets, and the TRU stinks here, too....
Just as well, I've been feeling a bit of SW ennui lately, even 21-B jokes aren't making me laugh too much these days...

Greetings again, Dialogus, and good hunting!!

jjreason
01-30-2004, 02:12 AM
With respect to collecting Star Wars toys: nationally speaking, it seems as though 2004 will be a year of renaissance. Nanaimo-ly speaking, things still blow goats.

Bosskman
01-30-2004, 12:51 PM
I just saw all the hall of fame figures at Walmart in Moncton NB. I passed on them for obvious reasons but it's good to see some new SW stuff after the long drought. They also had the LOTR AOME Fellowship set there for $24.99. They had about a dozen (well eleven when I left) IT IS SWEEET!

jjreason
01-30-2004, 04:27 PM
I love confirmation, thanks for the post Bosskman. Did you count the figures at all? I believe there are supposed to be 12 different repacks in the HOF collection. I was wondering which Stormtrooper was shipping - whether it was the commtech one or the commtech one minus the battle damage (like the ones in the Troop builder set). There was also a Darth Vader shipping, but I don't know for sure which figure was going to be in the package.

DarthBrandon
01-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Hall of fame located at Wal-Mart in Saint John.
I picked up the Stormtrooper, wish there were more.
Here's a pic, it's a commtech jjreason.

jjreason
01-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Very cool figure and pic, thanks B! Someone found the new assortment in Campbell River (BC) and it included some late 2003 figures (Ach Med Beq and Imperial Dignitary #2) as well as Hoth Luke, Hoth Trooper and R3PO. Lists updated accordingly.

2003 BASIC SAGA FIGURES - NEW (31 PLUS VARIATIONS)

06* - Saga Tusken Raider
11* - Aayla Secura
12* - Barriss Offee
13b - Han Hoth (brown coat)
15* - Yoda and Chian
16* - Ashla and Jempa
23* - Wat Tambor
24* - Coleman Trebor
28* - WA7
29* - Lt. Danni Faytonni
30* - Saga Emperor
33 - Senator Bail Organa
36 - Padme Tatooine
37 - Ach Med Beq FOUND!!!
38 - Aay Vida
39 - Obi Wan Nightclub
40 - Elan Sleazebaggano
41 - Imperial Dignitary #2 FOUND!!!

2004 BASIC FIGURES
[#01] Hoth Trooper: Hoth Evacuation FOUND!!!
[#07] Lando Calrissian: Jabba's Sail Barge
[#08] Rappertunie: Jabba's Palace
[#10] Tanus Spijek: Jabba's Sail Barge
[#11] Holographic Luke Skywalker: Jabba's Palace

ULTRA FIGURES
General Rieeken with Hoth Battle Screen FOUND!!!
Wampa with Ice Cavern base FOUND!!!
C3PO with Landing Pod FOUND!!!

MULTI-FIGURE PACKS
Jedi Warriors (TRU exclusive) FOUND!!!

pegger
01-31-2004, 03:05 PM
I wen tot Zellers in Kitchener....nothing.

But they did have a Transformers Alternator - Smokesceen which I snagged....$35 plus tax....man, it's sweet....

jjreason
01-31-2004, 05:45 PM
I saw them here too, Pegger, but passed based on the pics of him in Robot Mode. They always look so out of proportion, even back in the day I never liked the robot forms (except Optimus and Jetfire, of course). How does he really look when transformed?

pegger
02-02-2004, 11:20 AM
I saw them here too, Pegger, but passed based on the pics of him in Robot Mode. They always look so out of proportion, even back in the day I never liked the robot forms (except Optimus and Jetfire, of course). How does he really look when transformed?

I think it looks pretty good...the articulation on it is incredible....

It would have been perfect if it was die-cast......oh well...

pegger
02-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Hey everyone....

Just updated little pegger's pic on my profile.....

(He's 6 months old now...and can breathe like darth vader)

mabudonicus
02-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Man, he's lookin good, pegger!!!
By the way he's smiling, I guess you're gonna wait til he's old enough to tell him the Jets don't exist anymore :D

Nice pic, looks like a mischevious little fellow already, got quite the "fun"look!!

jjreason
02-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Fantastic, Pegger! He does look great. That's when the fun starts, right there. I can see the emotion on his face... when they start interacting and paying back the love, that's magic. Enjoy!

Aside, I think I might have an idea why they opted for plastic on the Hasbro Smokescreen - every review I read about the Takara one has people mad about chipping the paint on the metal car during even the most careful transormation. Apparently the damned thing is like a rubik's cube.

Dialogus
02-09-2004, 12:46 AM
JJREASON, PEGGER & MABUDON: Thanks for the Welcome :) !

PEGGER: Vous vous débrouiller très bien en Français à première vue! Votre fils se porte à merveille, c'est parfait!

Went to TRU on Friday evening and how sweet was it to find the first 3 ULTRA FIGS hangin' on the pegs! They retail them at $17.99 each. Would have prefer $15.99 but hey...whatever.

They were fresh from the case as the guy had just finished placing them 10 minutes ago. He told me he had received 2 cases of them (6 per case if I remember well). Got both RIEEKAN & WAMPA but decided to pass on THREEPIO as I think he's not as nice and interesting as the other two (too many Threepios anyway).

They both look great. I'm mostly happy with Rieekan (face, painting, pose). The only thing would be that he seems to have limited articulation but I don't care much since he doesn't need to be "super-articulated" fig...and the Tactical Screen is a classic. I've been waiting 24 years for this fig and the waiting was worth it! Will open them later. Someone tell me: is the Wampa fig a POTF2 rehash (don't have this early version)?

WM had some HOF figs left, nothing more.

One collector shop over here is clearing its '02/early '03 figs at $4.95 each. Plenty of choice!

Take it easy!

DarthBrandon
02-09-2004, 11:47 AM
On a non S.W. note, Marvel Legends IV & V are showing up here, picked up BladeII & Beast. Sadly no Red Skull or Goliath, perhaps next time. Hate those dam chase figures, Brandon's going to have to wait until I find one or until I have to resort to E-bay. Nothing new in the S.W. dept at all, HOF came and went, still waiting for others to arrive.

Bosskman
02-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Yeah, all the HOF in Moncton are sold out too.

pegger
02-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah, all the HOF in Moncton are sold out too.
Sold out??? They haven't even hit the shelves in my area!... (not that I want any of them)...

Still can't find the Ultra wave...but did see the 20th Anniversary Optimus for $100 at TRU........And Alternators Side Swipe......

jjreason
02-13-2004, 04:36 AM
Nor did we. Im not sure if Victoria did either. Oh well, no big loss as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't mind starting to see a few 2004 figures at my WalMart just to know they're getting them. Nothing yet.

Cool about the Optimus, if he's 100 at TRU maybe the other stores will be a little less??? One can only hope....

jjreason
02-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Well we finally "hit the big time" out here! WalMart finally had a few basic figures in, and they were new ones as opposed to the HOF repacks. 2 of each: R3PO, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Ach Med Beq and Kren Blista Vanee (Imperial Dignitary #2). It was all I could do to choke back the tears of happiness. I left them there hoping that someone else would pick them up - I have them all on order currently from Kebco. Might grab and extra Rebel Soldier if they're still there after Wednesday.

WalMart was actually looking pretty good - they had Transformers: Alternators Smoke Screen, some newer (Killer Croc Wave) Batman figures, Marvel Legends series 4 (old, but new to Canada) and the Armies of Middle Earth Fellowship 9 pack.

The only thing new at TRU was the McFarlane NBA Sportspicks 3" figures - 2 to a package for 8.99. Not my thing. Zellers has tons of older, cooler Masters of the Universe figures and apparently they're now all on sale. Might grab a few to open.

pegger
02-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Took the fam. to TRU on the weekend...tryin to talk my wife into letting me get the 20th anniv. Optimus, any they were all sold out!!??!!

Didn't think they be that hot.....(20 in less than a week)....

I don' think my TRU is EVER going to get new stuff SW stuff anymore.

They have 5 pegs (5 PEGS!!!) of POTJ stuff (mostly Ellors and Shmi's) and another 10 pegs of early Saga stuff....., and 4 pegs of "flipping deluxe" figs....

HAVE A SALE!!! :mad:

jjreason
02-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Toys R Us is hopeless. I barely even glance at SW when I'm in there anymore, I'm so sure they'll have nothing interesting. My hope is that they'll jump on the OT Collection to go with the release of the DVDs, to give us one more option in shopping up here. Be nice if all 3 (Zellers, Wally and TRU) were on board with that stuff.

jjreason
03-06-2004, 01:42 AM
Odd find: 2003 Saga figures at Shopper's Drug Mart. Hoth Han (Blue), Mynock Chewie, R2 Factory Flight and that's about it. 9.99 per figure.

Dialogus
03-06-2004, 02:47 AM
Another HOF batch hit the shelves at local WM. Picked up the last Stormtrooper ($8.92+tx).

Nothing more. Can't believe how absent the Clone Wars line is over here in Québec City :mad: !!!

jjreason
03-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Good news on the restock, Dialogus, and congrats on finding the Stormtrooper. I haven't seen any HOF figures out here yet. I think there's some hope for the 2nd wave of CW figures hitting Canada. Someone posted in the CW section an interesting point: the second series of cartoons hasn't aired yet. They speculated that we'd see more of the toys - especially the elusive 2nd wave (featuring Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin and the fantastic Super Poseable Clone Trooper) - at retail. With any luck they'll include Canada again, like they did last time. I was able to find all of the basic figures out here at Zellers, and at Toys R Us about a month later.

mabudonicus
03-07-2004, 08:17 AM
I will have "transportation" again as of today (which is awesome in ol' sprawl catharines), so I'll be able to accurately report the stuff we're not getting again;
from the number of repacks in the 04 line it sounds like we may actually catch up some day, at least in time to get swamped with the "first 27" come next may :beard:

BTW- what do you guys think the chances are of seeing the same thing happen one more time here?? You'd hope 0% but, you know, several times bitten :D

jjreason
03-10-2004, 06:05 PM
I think it's pretty much guaranteed, Mab. They'll order so much of the first run of toys from EpIII that we'll still be seeing them 3 years after the fact. We're 2 years from EpII already, and my TRU and Zellers are still sitting on lots of figures from the initial shipments. What a waste of shelf space.

jjreason
03-18-2004, 02:47 AM
Apparently Gen. Dodonna was found in an Ontario WalMart today. No other new figures mentioned, take this isolated report for what it's worth. With any luck there'll be confirmation of this sighting soon - as well as reports of more new figures.

pegger
03-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Hey all,

Haven't seen anything new for SW out here in a while...

Saw Dirge and Rodimus Prime at TRU tho....

jjreason
03-26-2004, 12:02 AM
Pegger! Welcome back! Sorry about your drought - be sure to check Zellers if you're still looking for any of the Hoth/Ach Med wave, they've shown up at the big Z out here! I'm on my home for the month of May, PM me if you think you'd be available for a get together closer to the first of the month.

pegger
03-26-2004, 08:24 AM
hey jj...

I was overseas for a while......

Hockey pool...saw I came in 7th! Geez...what a fall from a 1st place start for the 1st month.... oh well, always next year!

I got a whole bunch comin in from Kebco soon....I'll need to regroup and re-organize to figure out what I need now...

How are you approaching the OTC Vintage figs? I'm thinking of ording from Kebco 1 set...and take my chances at the stores for a 2nd set......

Anyways, always great to be back....

jjreason
03-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Hey again. Don't hesitate to let me know if you'll be up for a "meeting of the minds" in early May, Pegger. I'd still love to deliver that A-Wing to you to avoid the hassle of having to figure something else out.

No other reported finds of Yavin wave figures, I'm about ready to write that one off as fictitious. That's just plain cruel to tease us like that.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to order 1 set or 2 of the vintage look figures. I'll be opening one set for sure... and I'll likely leave it at that, and keep the opened cards on display. As far as army building goes, that Stormtrooper might have to make do with Commtechs for underlings.

jjreason
03-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Toys R Us Canada has apparently updated their computers, showing the upcoming Original Trilogy Collection stuff as on the way. The prices in the computer are as follows:

"OT Vintage Vehicle - 39.99" (not sure exactly what we're talking about, TIE or X-Wing would be my guess).

"Vintage Figure - 14.99" (got to be vintage nouveau 3.75"). Good news, this might encourage me to buy a few extras to keep carded.

"Vintage 12" Figure - 39.99" (ouch, happy I don't collect these).

"Millenium Falcon w Figure - 79.99" (news to me, I didn't know they were planning a figure to come with the Falcon).

Hasbro Canada has announced that the X-Wing fighter with Red Leader has been shipped to Canadian Toys R Us stores. Keep your eyes peeled, and report any finds here, along with the price please.

Also, the Hall of Fame run has been found at selected London Drugs stores, if you have one in your area (like I do) go have a look.

2-1B
04-02-2004, 01:18 AM
I found Djas Puhr and Cantina Ponda Boba at Zellers in Prince Rupert last night. ! ! !

jjreason
04-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Nice grab, Caesar! I wish I'd known you were coming up, we could have painted the town red! Maybe you can stop in for a coffee on the way back to Ma and Pa Ingalls' farm. :D

I ordered the Red Leader X-Wing, a Clone Wars Hailfire Droid and the Silver Clonetrooper from TRU.com last night, not sure if that classifies as just found Canada or not, but it's an option available to us, Canuckleheads. They'll ship up here w/o complaint.

jjreason
04-03-2004, 12:25 AM
Nanaimo Toys R Us had the exclusive Red Leader's X-Wing fighter with Red Leader figure today, 39.99 plus tax. The figure is not great, the head with helmet (not removable) looks too small for the body (which is X-Wing pilot Luke from POTJ related, if not exactly the same). The ship looks pretty darned good. I would have bought it locally, but I had just received an email that my order of this ship from TRU.com has been confirmed.

They also shipped my Silver Clonetrooper and Hailfire droid today, should be at my brother's place within the week. :cool:

EDITED: AFTER LOOKING AT ANOTHER SITE, MORE NEWS FOR TODAY!!! :D YAVIN AND JABBA'S PALACE WAVES AT ZELLERS!!!!!

Yup, you read correctly, I had a glorious find yesterday. Zellers in the Cottonwood Mall had em. I picked up a Yavin set for myself and an extra Tanus Spijek. I left another full Yavin set, Rappertunie, Lando and Holo Luke..

pegger
04-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Seems the West Coast gets more than Ontario....

Went to TRU and Zellers...nothing jjr mentioned...

However, did see 1st wave ultra figs at Zellers for 15.97....(Reikkan, C-3P0 and Wampa)...looked like US cards....

jjreason
04-04-2004, 07:06 PM
I just re-read my post, and realized I had no idea where the Cottonwood Mall is located. Turns out the Yavin and Jabba's Palace figures were found in Chilliwack, BC.

Did you pick up the Ultras, Pegger? I'm quite happy with them, and am looking forward to getting the next 3 (ROJ Jabba, Jabba's Palace Denizens 3 pack, and the Ewok with battle glider).

There were no Silver Clonetroopers on the shelves at TRU in Nanaimo. I have yet to read about any Canadian finds of this figure, so start networking with the Yanks in your lives asap.

EDITED: This is my "A New Hope" Year of Release post!

pegger
04-04-2004, 09:05 PM
hey jjr

got the ultra's a while ago on e-bay. I really liked the Wampa and C-3P0 (I'm not a stickler for "in scale" stuff) I was a bit disappointed in Riekaan...not enought articulation in an "ultra" fig....

I am really looking forward the ewok one tho....

disappointed and glad to hear about the x-wing...disappointed Red LEader sucks...glad because I can save myself $40....

I mostly get from kebco now....just a defeatist I guess....

too about about the hockey pool....but you did kick my butt....

jjreason
04-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Still waiting on the final tally from Yahoo.com regarding the pool, I'm hoping to have snuck a couple of goalie categories and the PPGs on the last day of the season to make it close.

DarthBrandon
04-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Found the Unleashed Chewie, Luke Pilot, & Clone Trooper at TRU in Saint John today. No sign of new 3 3/4 inch figures although they did clear out four rows of Saga peg warmers, whether or not they are out back or gone to another store your guess is as good as mine. No sign of the new X-wing yet, I haven't decided if I'm going to buy that or not, but anything at this point would be welcomed. I didn't see anything at Wal-Mart except the 12" Doc Ock; I passed on him as Brandon is awaiting the 6" version. Bought the 18" S.A. (67 points) Spiderman last week for Brandon (Easter present), I think he'll be pleased. Nothing else to say but TC & Peace.

jjreason
04-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Hey Brandon! I was totally psyched to read your post - I though for sure we were going to be getting another New Brunswick "first finding on SSG" of some new stuff report. Too bad. Keep checking Zellers if you don't regularly, I'd love to hear of more people finding the Yavin and Jabba's Palace figs up here.

I know I'm a little early, but Happy Easter to the family, Brandon (I hope little B has a great time with the new Spidey, he looks amazing), and to all you Canuckleheads out there.

mabudonicus
04-09-2004, 09:09 AM
If I didn'y know better, I'd think that Brando was referring to himself in the 3-d person, from that post ;)
Happy Easter to y'all!!! :beard:

jjreason
04-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Funny... I thought that about Brandon for the first year as well! :D

DarthBrandon
04-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Why aren't you too the comedians (JJ & Mabs), :D Happy Easter to you two blokes (& family) and the rest of you canuck's here on SSG. Happy Easter to the Americano's around here as well. Mabs shoot me a P.M. some time with an update on things, you too JJ.

TC & Peace

Bosskman
04-12-2004, 07:56 PM
I was at TRU in Saint John today and they only had X-Wing Luke left. Awesome figure but I'm still undecided because I don't have any other unleashed figures. I'm gonna check Moncton TRU tomorrow.

jjreason
04-13-2004, 01:19 AM
I've held off on these too, Bosskman. Too much money, and there haven't been more than a couple that I really, really liked (Chewie and X-Wing Luke being included in that small group, as would Han and Boba from the last run). They haven't had the latest ones here yet, to the best of my knowledge.

Our Red Leader X-Wings sold out in under a week, hopefully a good sign that things will show up here in better numbers from now on. Still no new basics (none since Clone Wars), and there are still 3 pegs, 8 figures deep waiting to get cleared out (Shaak Ti and Tusken Mom for the most part, a few Mace Windu Arena Conflict thrown in for good measure). Happily, I saw Shmi Skywalker in the "Under $10.00!" bin today, marked down to $7.99 :rolleyes: .

Not loving TRU. Period. Zellers and Wally still clinging to a few of the Hoth/Ach Med wave figures, but not in large amounts. I hope they'll clear out soon to make way for newer stuff.

pegger
04-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Still no sign of anything new here Kitchener... :cry:

On a brighter note, little pegger is crawling around saying "Da Da Da Da Da" on stop today.....

jjreason
04-13-2004, 04:27 PM
Too bad Pegger, but that's great about the little fella. They really start to become real people, don't they??? Happy times. :)

You should be sure to check into www.snowtroopers.ca and hit the forums there, even if it's only to lurk. They have a "just found" section for every province, of course good old Ontario is the biggest and busiest. Worth a short glance every few days to be sure.

Dialogus
04-14-2004, 08:44 PM
www.snowtroopers.ca and hit the forums there, even if it's only to lurk. They have a "just found" section for every province

Hey, didn't know about this one... Thanks for the tip JJ ;) !!

DarthBrandon
04-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, good news to report, just found the Dodonna wave at Wally World today. The back of the cards however have no pics of Dodonna, Antilles, Vander, etc. They only have the HOF assortment pics and leads me to believe that they are an error on Hasbro's part. On another note, just found out that little mama is having a girl so my day has been twice as good as expected. :D For those who P.M.'d me I'll get back to you shortly.

TC & Peace

jjreason
04-16-2004, 01:35 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the "One of Every type of Kid Club", P!!! I'm happy for you guys, it's a very wonderful feeling. :)

Hopefully Brandon will be as receptive to the new addition as you guys will, it's a little tough on the big brother/sister sometimes when they have to share the attention. Not like you need parenting tips, but we found it went really smoothly once we got Miranda involved in helping with baby Thomas, she really felt like part of the team. I know you'll do a great job!

Oh, and great find too! (that news kind of pales in comparison today, though).
:)

Bosskman
04-19-2004, 10:37 AM
I found Dodonna and Antilles at Walmart in Moncton NB. I'm gonna check the one in Dieppe after school, along with TRU.

jjreason
04-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Good stuff, with any luck these will work their way west.

Bosskman
04-19-2004, 05:44 PM
I just found Gold Leader and the new TIE pilot at Walmart in Dieppe NB. I also found red leader's X-Wing at TRU. TRU also had the 3 new unleashed figures but I passed on those.

jjreason
04-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Great! That's the entire "Yavin" wave. Rumours have also been rampant about the Jabba's Palace wave showing up here, but we haven't had much (any?) in the way of SSG reports on that subject. Apparently Zellers has been getting them in as well, though Nanaimo is running behind - as usual.

jjreason
04-20-2004, 12:17 AM
Well, no sooner posted than proven wrong: Nanaimo WalMart had tonight:

Holographic Luke Skywalker
Rappertunie
Lando Skiff Guard
Tanus Spijek

TIE Pilot
Capt. Antilles
Gen. Dodonna
Dutch Vander - Gold Leader

Would have been a good haul for ol' JJ, but I'll wait and get them from Kebco.

Going to have to edit this post to include an updated 2004 list.......

... so here we go:

2004 BASIC FIGURES
[#07] Lando Calrissian: Jabba's Sail Barge FOUND!!!
[#08] Rappertunie: Jabba's Palace FOUND!!!
[#10] Tanus Spijek: Jabba's Sail Barge FOUND!!!
[#11] Holographic Luke Skywalker: Jabba's Palace FOUND!!!
[#12] General Dodonna FOUND!!!
[#13] Dutch Vander - Gold Leader FOUND!!!
[#14] Captain Antilles FOUND!!!
[#15] TIE Pilot FOUND!!!
[#16] Admiral Ozzel
[#17] Dengar
[#18] Bossk
Han Solo - ATST Driver
Lando General
General Madine

Making me wonder a little whether or not the J'Quilles got scalpered, or if we're just not seeing them in Canada. Methinks it's the latter, these were just unpacked today as I was there last night.

DarthBrandon
04-20-2004, 12:57 AM
Well, no sooner posted than proven wrong: Nanaimo WalMart had tonight:

Holographic Luke Skywalker
Rappertunie
Lando Skiff Guard
Tanus Spijek

TIE Pilot
Capt. Antilles
Gen. Dodonna
Dutch Vander - Gold Leader

Would have been a good haul for ol' JJ, but I'll wait and get them from Kebco.

Going to have to edit this post to include an updated 2004 list.......

... so here we go:

2004 BASIC FIGURES
[#15] TIE Pilot FOUND!!!
[#16] Admiral Ozzel
[#17] Dengar
[#18] Bossk
Han Solo - ATST Driver
Lando General
General Madine

Making me wonder a little whether or not the J'Quilles got scalpered, or if we're just not seeing them in Canada. Methinks it's the latter, these were just unpacked today as I was there last night.

Hey JJ,
I think he's in a different assortment: This one includes 1x Elom (Tanus Spijek) - Jabba's Palace Alien (NEW), 2x Dutch Vander - Gold Leader (NEW), 2x TIE Fighter Pilot (NEW), 2x General Jan Dodonna - Battle of Yavin (NEW), 2x Captain Antilles - Fans Choice #5 (NEW), 1x Lando in Skiff Guard Disguise, 1x Shawda Ubb (Rappertunie) - Jabba's Palace Alien, 1x Hologram Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight, (assortment 4).

Assortment Three has 2x Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise (NEW), 2x J' Quille - Jabba's Palace Alien (NEW), 2x Holographic Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight (NEW), 2x Shawda Ubb (Rappertunie) - Jabba's Palace Alien (NEW), 2x Dutch Vander - Gold Leader, 2x General Jan Dodonna - Battle of Yavin

This is all from E.E. website and coincides with what we got. :)

jjreason
04-20-2004, 02:33 AM
Yes it does. That means I saw the complete case then, they must have just been put out.

Tanus Spijek was looking pretty good - hard to pass him up.

Holographic Luke - better than I'd envisioned based on the reports I'd read; not too bad a figure.

TIE Pilot - looked kind of small. Was the helmet really that large in proportion to their bodies?

Antilles - not loving the face, but I like the head articulation to allow for that "getting choked" action feature.

Dodonna - not bad, nothing great other than the fact they made him.

Gold Leader - sloppy paint on these ones. I would have been hard pressed to choose one I liked had I been buying.

Lando Skiff - looks very good, but the old POTF2 one isn't giving up much compared to him.

Rappertunie - another nice addition.

I'm looking forward to getting these figures.

DarthBrandon
04-20-2004, 04:25 AM
Yeah JJ, all these figures are really cool and the attention to detail is a lot better than what we usually get. I received more of Gold Leader, Antilles, Dodonna, Tie Pilot (all x2) with Bossk, Dengar, Ozzel, Council sets 1&2 (x1) from Hellboy today. In total that makes 4 of Gold Leader (kept one carded Canadian error) 3 Antilles (1 carded C.E. as well) 3 Dodonna's (same) 3 Tie Pilots (same) 1 Lando, Bossk, Dengar & Ozzel. I passed on holo Luke, Tanus Spijek & Rappertunie; while they were pretty cool they just don't fit in with what I have planned. When I left Wally World they still had a case plus on the pegs for someone else to scoop up. You won't be disappointed when you receive them; they really are great figures (or maybe I'm so excited to find something new that I'm over reacting). :D The Council sets are great too and I plan to leave them boxed until I get more room to display them when the sets are complete. At any rate take care & peace

Brandon

jjreason
04-24-2004, 06:19 PM
I'm sure we're all happy to be getting these new figures - and rightly so. But when you look at it, we're still not even at 80% showing up here out of the first 15 figures for 2004. Why would they skip the Tatooine wave? That Jedi Luke has received rave reviews (much better than Holo has), and that R1G4 is on every collector's list this year, is it not? I guess there's still hope that they'll show up in later cases, but I'm not holding my breath.

Better than last year, but still nowhere near where we were before Episode I came out.

Bosskman
04-25-2004, 07:49 PM
I found Tanus, Rappertunie and Lando at the Canex at CFB Gagetown, and Walmart in Saint John also had Tanus.

Bosskman
04-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Walmart in Moncton had a full case of the new figures sitting on the floor today. They had all the ones from the yavin wave and all from the JP wave except for JQuille. I picked up holo Luke. Goood to see new stuff on the pegs, even if they fly off fast.

DarthBrandon
04-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Cool Cool Bosskman, you never said if you picked up the new X-wing or not. I picked mine up just because I needed another X-wing for dioramas, the pilot is garbage IMHO. Wal-Mart in S.J. is the only spot I’ve seen new 3 ¾ inch figures and TRU has jack as usual for figs.

jjreason
04-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Zellers here is still sitting on a few of the Ach Med wave, as is WalMart. The new case sold out in less than a week, which is good news provided I don't wind up needing any of those figures later. TRU had a fresh supply of the Red Leader X-Wing (4 on the shelves again today).

DarthBrandon
04-27-2004, 12:25 AM
Zellers here is still sitting on a few of the Ach Med wave, as is WalMart. The new case sold out in less than a week, which is good news provided I don't wind up needing any of those figures later. TRU had a fresh supply of the Red Leader X-Wing (4 on the shelves again today).

I think every TRU has two cases of these (X-Wing) JJ, I've seen a total of eight here, four on the bottom shelves and four on the high top (stock) shelves. Zellers has nothing here but peg warmers from the Saga line, I wish they'd get some new stuff in. Oh well, saves some money in my pocket. :D

pegger
04-27-2004, 08:33 AM
The TRU in Kitchener FINALLY got the X-wings in...they had about 16 of them.

Passed on it tho. My Dagobah X-wing is good enough, and the fig is total garbage...If they had a better fig I would have snagged it tho. I think Hasbro totally dropped the ball on this one...

Bosskman
04-27-2004, 08:52 PM
I got the X-Wing Brandon. I actually like it a lot. The figure is pretty bad but the ship is cool. TRU in Moncton has jack for figures too, as do both Zellerses.

DarthBrandon
04-28-2004, 07:11 PM
I got the X-Wing Brandon. I actually like it a lot. The figure is pretty bad but the ship is cool. TRU in Moncton has jack for figures too, as do both Zellerses.

Cool Bosskman, I hear you on the pilot, complete crap IMHO, but the ship rocks. On another note Wal-Mart had the JQuille wave (1 case) in Saint John today, I passed on them all as I either had them or didn't need them. (i.e. JQuille doesn't suit my needs)

Bosskman
04-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Dammit! JQuille is the only figure from the JP wave I need. He has thus far eluded me but I still have hope. The case they had at walmart up here in moncton had every figure from the JP wave and the Yavin wave EXCEPT JQuille. I'm gonna check again tomorrow. I've wanted a figure of him since I read Tales from Jabba's Palace all those years ago. I'll be in Saint John for the next 2 weeks for my work term for school so I'll be able to check walmart every day at lunch. Soon JQuille, soon you will be MINE!!

jjreason
04-29-2004, 04:58 AM
Bosskman - Brandon posted this regaring the J'Quille figure's lack of availability here in Canada, I think he's right on the money.....

Hey JJ,
I think he's in a different assortment: This one includes 1x Elom (Tanus Spijek) - Jabba's Palace Alien (NEW), 2x Dutch Vander - Gold Leader (NEW), 2x TIE Fighter Pilot (NEW), 2x General Jan Dodonna - Battle of Yavin (NEW), 2x Captain Antilles - Fans Choice #5 (NEW), 1x Lando in Skiff Guard Disguise, 1x Shawda Ubb (Rappertunie) - Jabba's Palace Alien, 1x Hologram Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight, (assortment 4).

Assortment Three has 2x Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise (NEW), 2x J' Quille - Jabba's Palace Alien (NEW), 2x Holographic Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight (NEW), 2x Shawda Ubb (Rappertunie) - Jabba's Palace Alien (NEW), 2x Dutch Vander - Gold Leader, 2x General Jan Dodonna - Battle of Yavin

This is all from E.E. website and coincides with what we got. :)

Don't blow all your money on expensive gas trying to track him down. :cry:

With any luck he'll show up here at some point, along with those Tatooine wave figures we still need.

DarthBrandon
04-29-2004, 09:50 AM
Dammit! JQuille is the only figure from the JP wave I need. He has thus far eluded me but I still have hope. The case they had at Wal-Mart up here in Moncton had every figure from the JP wave and the Yavin wave EXCEPT JQuille. I'm gonna check again tomorrow. I've wanted a figure of him since I read Tales from Jabba's Palace all those years ago. I'll be in Saint John for the next 2 weeks for my work term for school so I'll be able to check Wal-Mart every day at lunch. Soon JQuille, soon you will be MINE!!

There was still two on the pegs this morning when I was there; if I knew you wanted him I could have picked him up no problem. If you go today he should still be there along with the rest of them minus bar R2 (finally broke down and bought him, you really can't have enough droids) :D

Bosskman - Brandon posted this regarding the J'Quille figure's lack of availability here in Canada, I think he's right on the money.....

Actually half right, half wrong, the assortment is different from the one posted on the E.E. website. The breakdown goes as follows: 2 J'Quille's, 2 Tanus, 2 Lando (Jabba's), 2 Rap's, 1 Bar R2, 1 Hoth Soldier, 1 Luke Hoth, 1 Holo Luke.
I guess the case breakdowns must be different here than in the States. I suppose it could be two assortments combined or something like that. At any rate I'm just glad to see them on the pegs. :D

jjreason
04-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Wow, that's good to know too! The case we got here was exactly like the one you broke down before - with no J'Quilles, 2 of each Yavin figure, etc. So I guess we can cross J'Quille off the list? Has anyone actually seen or bought Bar2d2 yet???

DarthBrandon
04-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Yeah JJ, I picked him up yesterday, finally broke down and got him, not bad, not great.

Bosskman
04-29-2004, 09:02 PM
My folks went to Walmart in Saint John today and got me my JQuille! YYYYYYYYYABADABADOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarthBrandon
04-30-2004, 07:23 AM
My folks went to Walmart in Saint John today and got me my JQuille! YYYYYYYYYABADABADOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Bosskman glad you got him, good to see you have the folks support as well.

jjreason
04-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Another quick update based on the latest from the East..... EDITED TO INCLUDE THE FINDING OF JEDI LUKE BY BRANDON!!!

2004 BASIC FIGURES
[#04] Luke Skywalker: Jabba's Palace FOUND!!!
[#05] R2-D2: Jabba's Sail Barge FOUND!!!
[#09] J'Quille: Jabba's Sail Barge FOUND!!!
[#15] TIE Pilot FOUND!!!
[#16] Admiral Ozzel
[#17] Dengar
[#18] Bossk
Han Solo - ATST Driver
Lando General
General Madine

I think 2004 will be looked at as the year of the renaissance for Canadian collectors! :D 14 out of the first 15 is fantastic.

pegger
04-30-2004, 01:04 PM
Another quick update based on the latest from the East.....

2004 BASIC FIGURES
[#15] TIE Pilot FOUND!!!
[#16] Admiral Ozzel
[#17] Dengar
[#18] Bossk
Han Solo - ATST Driver
Lando General
General Madine

I think 2004 will be looked at as the year of the renaissance for Canadian collectors! :D 13 out of the first 15 is fantastic.

It's nice to see that Hasbro Canada has gotten it's act together...

Too bad that I pre-order from Keb-co now because I'm tired of missing out on figs....

I hope it last long enough for me to start to buy non-pre-order stuff (I've pre-ordered up the the VOTC line is supposed to come out)

DarthBrandon
04-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Another quick update based on the latest from the East.....

2004 BASIC FIGURES
[#04] Luke Skywalker: Jabba's PalaceFOUND!!!
[#15] TIE Pilot FOUND!!!
[#16] Admiral Ozzel
[#17] Dengar
[#18] Bossk
Han Solo - ATST Driver
Lando General
General Madine

I think 2004 will be looked at as the year of the renaissance for Canadian collectors! :D 13 out of the first 15 is fantastic.

Actually JJ, it's 14, Luke Jabba's Palace (both versions) have both been here and gone, I seen him last week as well as this week. So I guess we can scratch that one off the list. The only one so far that we are missing is R1 & I don't think we are going to see him any time soon.

jjreason
04-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Wow, really? That's the figure I want the most from this year's offerings so far! How did he look? I saw Holo in person the other day, but they didn't have the regular Jedi Luke. He was always my favorite vintage Luke, and we haven't really had a great Jabba's Jedi Luke yet. I'm hoping he's the one.

DarthBrandon
04-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Wow, really? That's the figure I want the most from this year's offerings so far! How did he look? I saw Holo in person the other day, but they didn't have the regular Jedi Luke. He was always my favorite vintage Luke, and we haven't really had a great Jabba's Jedi Luke yet. I'm hoping he's the one.

Actually he's pretty good, I have him sitting in front of me & I think you'll be quite pleased when you get him. Great likeness to Hamill & he's pretty articulated plus I like cloth cloaks so that's a bonus for me.

Kidhuman
04-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Not my style, but I like ya JJ. CLick the :beard: :beard: (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84715B)

Supposedly, R1 is being released again according to EE.

jjreason
05-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Maybe he'll come up with the Endor or Star Destroyer waves. I'm happy we're doing as well as we are, but still don't understand why we have to be behind - we used to get stuff at the same time as you guys... until the first wave of ep I stuff sold so crappily. Since then it's been hit and miss.

Kidhuman
05-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Thats what ya get for being the US's stepson. :beard: :p

Dialogus
05-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Looks like things are getting better now! Spotted at Québec City's WM:

- Hoth Trooper
- Bar2-D2
- Lando Skiff
- Rappertunie x2
- J'Quille x2
- Holo Luke

Picked up 1 Rapp, 1 J'Quille & Holo Luke. Wish I could jump on Tanus also!

Our 2 TRU still are a shame: Deluxe Tyranus/Obi-Wan/Treepio, SBD Builder Kits, Shaak Tis, Dexters, TR Females, a legion of POTJ Leia Bespin and the Ultra Wave 1 all in pegwarming mode :bored: ...

jjreason
05-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Thats what ya get for being the US's stepson. :beard: :p

Red-haired step-son, apparently! :D

JUST FOUND May 5th! One SSG'er known as Mabudon in his natural environment!

Yes, the second annual JJ/Mab/SQ crop tour was held yesterday, no real luck on new stuff down south, but I did score a new Lando for SQ who also managed the deal of the day second year in a row: at KB toys clearance he picked up all 4 of the 2003 Saga Screen Scene packs (2 Jedi Council and 2 Separatist War Room) for 7.68 a pop. That's 33% of my cost, folks, in case anyone's interested. Great find SQ!!!

Thanks for the amazing custom clix again, Mabs! They're super sweet. I'm even able to do a good approximation of my favorite Silver Age cover - Silver Surfer #4 - with them. http://www.socalcomics.com/ss4cgc8-5.jpg

I was hoping for an R1G4, but will have to wait. The closest I came to spending was on a few Marvel Legends figures I hadn't picked up yet from waves IV and V, and the black gun variant 20th Ann Optimus Prime.

TRU Canada appears to be having a "blow out" sale on their classic Transformers, for any fans of those kicking around.

Everyone seemed happy and healthy. We also got to meet up with Pegger later on in the day, always fun to put another face on a forumite. I'll be seeing him later in the month to complete an old deal. Thanks for making the trip, Pegger! :cool:

pegger
05-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Hey no prob...Had a blast last night....it was great to meet you and Seth_Quinn (who promised he'd post again.....)

Next year, I'll try to take the day off....that deal that SQ got was amazing...

mabudonicus
05-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Yeah, it was a Blast, guys, really glad to repeat it, even if it cost the Leafs the Cup :beard: (thanks for at least trying tonot rub it in JJ)

And also sorry for not being able to meet you Pegger, I'm sure we'll get it together one day, gotta visit SethQuinn in his "natural environment" someday....

And we did see one Ach-med beg and a Kren Blista vanee(or whatever his name is,the dignitary guy) at the east-end wal mart,
And unleashed Luke x-wing at Tru (and ultras riekaan)

Thanks for coming by fellows, indeed it always is good to hang with kindred spirits :D

:beard:

seth_quinn
05-10-2004, 11:14 PM
and as promised the prodigal son makes his return! (or something like that...)
anyway,... yup, it was a kick-@ss day again this year, hangin' with you boys is the best, how can you not love having a friend show up after a year with new figs in hand and then go see the mab-man's repainted to look like they're about to come to life and jump off their plastic bases Clix? and then the steal of the day, which don't forget, 7.88 plus the extra 20 points off making them 6.30 each 3packs! (ha-ha)
pegger, totally great to meet you too, gonna have to find a way to drag JJ back out here next year so all four of us can do it again. later-kids, sq

DarthBrandon
05-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Hey guys just a quick heads up, the Star Destroyer wave has been spotted here in Saint John, N.B. I passed on all of them as I received them from another source two months ago. There were plenty on the pegs when I left. Now I'm just waiting for the General wave to get here so I can have my second set. These were found at Wal-Mart, TRU has nothing here and it's been that way since X-mas so I don't even bother to look now. My friend who works there keeps me updated on new stock and so far nothing my friends except for the unleashed & new X-wing. TRNU should be the name of this franchise.

Bosskman
05-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks Brandon, I just picked up Ozzel, Bossk, Dengar and Bartender R2. Here's hopin to see the Generals soon.

jjreason
05-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Updated, sorry I've been slow on the draw - no computer at mom and pop's place in London. I'll be back full time as of the 30th.

2004 BASIC FIGURES
[#15] TIE Pilot FOUND!!!
[#16] Admiral Ozzel FOUND!!!
[#17] Dengar FOUND!!!
[#18] Bossk FOUND!!!
Han Solo - ATST Driver
Lando General
General Madine

DarthBrandon
05-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Thanks Brandon, I just picked up Ozzel, Bossk, Dengar and Bartender R2. Here's hopin to see the Generals soon.

Right on Bosskman, glad to hear that you got them, I hope the Generals make it here as well, I need another Madine & a couple of AT-ST Han's for head swaps.

Updated, sorry I've been slow on the draw - no computer at mom and pop's place in London. I'll be back full time as of the 30th.

2004 BASIC FIGURES
[#15] TIE Pilot FOUND!!!
[#16] Admiral Ozzel FOUND!!!
[#17] Dengar FOUND!!!
[#18] Bossk FOUND!!!
Han Solo - ATST Driver
Lando General
General Madine

No sweat JJ, take it easy & have fun on your Vacation. I don't think R1-G4 is gonna make it here unless TRU gets a wave or two & that's like waiting for hell to freeze over. The upside is that Wal-Mart is getting most of these assortments & I hope they continue to in the future, if not it's back to trading with other members here at SSG. Looks good so far though. :D

Dialogus
05-23-2004, 03:57 AM
Yavin & Star Destroyer Waves found at Québec City's WM! No trace of the new X-Wing though.

Only picked up one Dengar so far. Still looking for a Tanus somewhere...

Bosskman
05-25-2004, 04:46 PM
I just got Hoth Luke at Walmart this morning when I went to get the ROTK DVD. That is a pretty damn sweet figure. I can't wait to get the wampa.

jjreason
05-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Well I made it back west, thank Christ. Travelling with the little ones is tougher than leather as Run DMC would say. London WalMart (Hyde Park) had 2 Star Destroyer waves upon my last look. Dengar is pretty awesome indeed. I passed on so bloody many figures, thinking I'd be ordering them all from Kebco (J'Quille, Lando Skiff, Holo Luke, Rappertunie, Tanus, Dodonna and Antilles) but I just got an email from them indicating these figures are likely sold out for the year. Guess I'll be picking up what I can at retail here and then picking the rest off ebay when possible.

DarthBrandon
05-30-2004, 11:38 PM
Well I made it back west, thank Christ. Travelling with the little ones is tougher than leather as Run DMC would say. London WalMart (Hyde Park) had 2 Star Destroyer waves upon my last look. Dengar is pretty awesome indeed. I passed on so bloody many figures, thinking I'd be ordering them all from Kebco (J'Quille, Lando Skiff, Holo Luke, Rappertunie, Tanus, Dodonna and Antilles) but I just got an email from them indicating these figures are likely sold out for the year. Guess I'll be picking up what I can at retail here and then picking the rest off ebay when possible.

Glad to see you made it back safe & sound, hope the trip was fun & full of excitement. If you had posted this two weeks ago JJ, I could have picked up all of them for you. LMK what you get & don't & I'll see what I can do.

jjreason
06-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Well I think I've dealt with 6 of them. Tatooine wave looking good for a good price on ebay, and I got Holo Luke, Skiff Lando and Rappertunie at Zellers here last night. My folks can get the Executor wave in London if they don't show up here - but I hope they do.

Thanks for the offer, B.

Kidhuman
06-02-2004, 09:28 AM
JJ,

EE has J'Quille, Holo Luke, Rappertunie, Dutch, Lando Skiff, agnd Dodonna for 45.99 + shipping if you agre interested. Item #HS84715gg2. Just got there latest catalog. It is basic figures wave 3 set.

Also Basic wagve 6 includes 2 Han AT-ST, 2 MAdine, 2 General Lando, Hoth Trooper, Luke Hoth, Lando Skiff, Ozzel, Dengar gand Bossk. Item # HS84715J

Just a heads up if interested.

jjreason
06-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Thanks, KH. My Walmart has been pretty good to me this year so I'll keep trying there first. I did pick up another 5 figures tonight, as a matter of fact (Bossk, Dengar, Dodonna, Antilles and Ozzel). So if I win my ebay auctions I'll only need Dutch Vander, J'Quille and Tanus - as well as the stuff we haven't seen up here yet (Endor wave, and latter Ultra figures).

Bosskman
06-08-2004, 04:24 PM
I saw Dodonna at Main Street Zellers in Moncton NB today and the JP wave at Zellers Mountain Road. First time in a long time seeing new stuff at Zellers. Also, the Walmart in Dieppe had more of the Yavin and Star Destroyer Waves.

mabudonicus
06-09-2004, 08:04 AM
The wal-mart in the west here (near Henley plaza) had Ozzel (I think, orveers, didn't buy him) Bossk, Dengar, Dodonna, Antilles and I think holo luke the other day, so they're getting new stuff finally :beard:

.......... if only I was still collecting :D

Kidhuman
06-09-2004, 10:17 AM
You didnt get the Dengar? Whats wrong with you?

Bosskman
06-09-2004, 10:39 AM
A freind of mine who also collects never got Dengar either. His rationale was "I already have Dengar". I told him it was the one from ESB and not ROTJ (like the POTF2 Dengar) but he still never got him. I explained the awesome level of detail on the new Dengar but he still never got him. He's a moron.

Kidhuman
06-09-2004, 10:48 AM
I'd say. Dengar is the must have of the year so far.

jjreason
06-09-2004, 02:13 PM
I told him it was the one from ESB and not ROTJ (like the POTF2 Dengar)

Can I ask what you mean by this, Bosskman? I don't remember Dengar in ROTJ (he must be obscurely placed in Jabba's Palace?). What's your rationale for saying one's from ESB while the other's from ROJ? Not disagreeing at all, just interested.

Bosskman
06-09-2004, 02:42 PM
No problem. Dengar is in Jabba's palace in ROTJ. You can see him when Luke falls into the Rancor pit. He has no backpack like he did in ESB but the back of his armor (which you can see in ROTJ) is exactly the same on the POTF2 figure, hence he's from ROTJ not ESB.

Kidhuman
06-10-2004, 12:37 AM
I believe you can only see him in the widescreen edition.

jjreason
06-10-2004, 05:38 AM
Lucky for me, my brother got me the widescreen, non Special-Ed videos for Xmas one year. I'll be checking out the evolution of Dengar's appearance tomorrow when my daughter's at preschool. :cool:

pegger
06-14-2004, 11:05 AM
If anyone cares...

Was at TRU in Winnipeg (visiting the folks) and saw the Skirmish at Carkoon for 29.99....complete waste of money IMO tho......

jjreason
06-14-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanks, Pegger. There have been reports of the set being found in Victoria, BC as well but I haven't seen it here in Nanaimo yet. 29.99 is actually 10 bucks cheaper than the Jedi set went for, so I'm happy for that good news. The fact that it's in OTC packaging and that the Han is a new combination of old pieces has me set to buy a set once they get here.

pegger
06-14-2004, 04:27 PM
The one I saw wasn't in OTC packaging.....

Actually, next to the Jedi 4 pack (of which there were tons) it looks rather....skimpy...

Hard to explain. When you see it, you'll know what I mean.

The only 4 pack I'm looking forward to is the Naboo one. (I picked up Imperial forces and the Hoth ones)..I'm letting the others sit.

Bosskman
06-14-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I never got the Geonosis one and I won't be getting the carkoon one either. The Naboo one sounds pretty sweet though. Oh yeah, I aint gettin the Endor one neither.

pegger
06-14-2004, 09:35 PM
I used to be a die hard completionist....but these 4 packs cured me...

Thankfully that was before the HOF assortment, and the OTC assortment...

I'm not getting the Endor one either.

The Jedi one I may pick up on sale...I do want the Jedi Prison thingee...but not at 34.99 plus taxes.....

jjreason
06-17-2004, 01:52 AM
Reports of the Madine wave (General Madine, General Lando, and Han in At-St pilot get up) being found in Hamilton WalMart today. Also, Hamilton TRU has finally decided to stock new Saga figures up to and including the Ozzel and Bossk wave. All this from Snowtroopers. Keep the eyes open, and please confirm the finds if and when you make them yourself. Good news, folks, Hasbro Canada is really starting to make me believe they're fully behind getting Star Wars on the shelves up here. :cool:

DarthBrandon
06-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Yeah I found the Madine wave at Wal-Mart after getting some new doors for one of our apartments. I picked up an extra Madine to keep carded along with another Han AT-ST to customize. There was one Madine/Han & two Lando Generals when I left. I also found the Car 4 pack at TRU, I'll pick that up at a later date as I did not get the Cinema pack a while back. :)

Here's a pic of Madine

Bosskman
06-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey Brandon, I just got all three at Walmart. That leaves 1 General Lando left at SJ Walmart.

DarthBrandon
06-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Hey Brandon, I just got all three at Walmart. That leaves 1 General Lando left at SJ Walmart.

Cool Bosskman, I was hoping you'd see the post or spot them on a run in SJ. Did you see the Carkoon pack at TRU? It looks alright & since I didn't get the cinema scene last time I think I'll pick it up later.Keep me posted on any finds bro.

jjreason
06-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Outstanding! That's 20 of 21, for those keeping score - and brings us to the end of the Saga line. These last 6 figures are all apparently set for rerelease later in the year - too bad we didn't get R1G4 who isn't yet slated for an OTC card. Hopefully he'll be added later for those of us who weren't able to secure him from a US source.

DarthBrandon
06-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Outstanding! That's 20 of 21, for those keeping score - and brings us to the end of the Saga line. These last 6 figures are all apparently set for rerelease later in the year - too bad we didn't get R1G4 who isn't yet slated for an OTC card. Hopefully he'll be added later for those of us who weren't able to secure him from a US source.

Yeah, not too bad JJ, I was looking forward to another R1 to keep carded but I'm not going to worry about it too much. My loose R1 is all I really need I guess, be nice if they did throw him in with the O.T. collection though. Looks like Wal-Mart is doing pretty good with figures but no ships or anything like that. TRU has ships, 4 packs, & the unleashed wave, but no 3 3/4 inch since X-mas (Clone Wars, Han Hoth Wave). I hope that changes for the VOTC.

pegger
06-18-2004, 10:26 AM
Was just doing some surfing....

Legends has OTC figs up on their site!

I've bought from them before...pretty good guys, and best of all, no customs (and flat shipping in Canada)!

Hopefully that means they will be hitting the stores soon!!! :D

jjreason
06-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Im frustrated by R1 a little - mine is currently sitting at the post office - I got dinged with customs and still owe 10 bucks on 3 figures :rolleyes: because buddy there marked the value at $25 US. I didn't think to ask him to knock it down a little - stupid on my part. At least I know he'll be on the shelf soon.

TRU here had the exclusive Darth Vader's TIE Fighter with figure in OTC packaging today. Disappointingly enough, the figure and ship both look so completely POTF2 that it was an easy pass for JJ. I think the figure is the exact same Darth that came with the gunner station - too big and clunky, unacceptable when compared to the other beautiful Vaders we've been getting since Commtech. The ship offered nothing new in terms of paint deco - if they had added some detailing I may have been swayed to buy it for my TIE shelf. Oh well, money saved I guess. No price marked on the ship or shelf - I believe it's 29.99 though.

Bosskman
06-19-2004, 04:35 PM
That sucks about the TIE butoh well, at least I'll save some money.

jjreason
06-20-2004, 06:37 PM
The Endor/Generals wave has made it across the country! I found all 3 today the local WalMart. Now, I only need Dutch, J'Quille and Tanus (plus the R3PO on it's way, and the 3 figures I haven't picked up from the post office yet) as well as the last 3 new Ultra figures and I'll be ready to get to work on the OTC.

Kidhuman
06-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Damn JJ, I just had 2 extra J'Quilles and traded them.

jjreason
06-21-2004, 01:30 AM
S'aright, KH. I've got a quasi-assured trade lined up with a guy from about an hour away from me. If we ever get together, I've got a Clone Wars Obi Wan he asked me to pick up for him many moons ago. Thanks, though.

Kidhuman
06-22-2004, 10:25 PM
NP, but check your PM's anyways.

jjreason
06-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Found numerous (like 12 at least) Carkoon 4 packs today at TRU in Nanaimo. They're still sitting on 4 OTC Vader TIEs as well. No sign of the new wave of basics or Ultras that have been purportedly showing up there back east.

In other good news, I got my pkg from the US containing Jedi Luke and R1G4 - very happy with both of these figures!

jjreason
07-03-2004, 03:56 AM
Hey there, check your TRUs - mine had basic figures on for 1.89 - no kidding - today. Obviously clearing out space for the OTC stuff, which still hasn't arrived here yet as far as I can tell. The only figure of even moderate interest was a gold stripe Hoth Rebel - and I just couldn't bear the embarrassment of taking that piece of plastic poo through the register. The only other figures in stock were Shaak Ti, Tusken Mom and Mace Windu Final Battle - numerous copies of each. Too bad I wasn't near one of those TRU's that had like 30 epII battle droids (like Mabudon :mad: :D ), I could have mopped up pretty good.

DarthBrandon
07-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Hey there, check your TRUs - mine had basic figures on for 1.89 - no kidding - today. Obviously clearing out space for the OTC stuff, which still hasn't arrived here yet as far as I can tell. The only figure of even moderate interest was a gold stripe Hoth Rebel - and I just couldn't bear the embarrassment of taking that piece of plastic poo through the register. The only other figures in stock were Shaak Ti, Tusken Mom and Mace Windu Final Battle - numerous copies of each. Too bad I wasn't near one of those TRU's that had like 30 epII battle droids (like Mabudon :mad: :D ), I could have mopped up pretty good.

Yeah, I seen them the other day, not much for basic figures (C1) though.(some Battle Droid's, a few JarJar's, 1 Captain Typho, & a couple of Padme's) None of the collection 1 was on sale. My TRU received the Han Hoth wave (Brown Coat), Vader's Ship (waste on money IMHO) & empty / old figures hanging on the OTC pegs which are not out yet. Wal-Mart has tons of Madine, Han Scout, Lando General, Bossk, Dengar etc. I hope TRU gets the VOTC, as these are the only figures I'm interested in right now besides the cloud car pilot & a few others. Oh well, at least my wallet will be a lot heavier with what's coming out right now. :D

jjreason
07-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Man, B, I thought that post was going to be "the big one" (re: finds of OTC stuff). I have a feeling it's going to be very soon - and you'll be the one to crack the case as per usual. This week or next, I can feel it in me bones Ani........ :D

Bosskman
07-05-2004, 05:48 AM
I hope he does cause we live in the same city. I was in Florida last week on business and we are ahead of them for figures (except they have untras down there, tons of Jabbas, but I already had him. Picked up a Wampa and Ewok Glider though.)

jjreason
07-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Yeah, we've done pretty well. I've seen a few US members not having found the Endor wave yet - some concern that (on US cards at least) these might turn out to be more scarce, as the line is getting ready to change over and these will be available again in a couple months as OTC. The last few figures of any packaging run seem to come up short for whatever reason (I remember getting nervous about BoShek, Fx7, Teebo and R4M9 in the POTJ line).

Whatever the case, I hope they kind of pace them a little bit - that guy that found 19 new figures in LA was lucky but unlucky.... how many people could afford that? My Amex is primed and ready! :p